TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Those are some good looking speed sticks MPR, I have a feeling Kirke is going to get some major enjoyment out of them.

I did my second session this evening after the Christmas festivities and hit a couple of personal bests. My fastest swing with my heaviest club hit 108 mph, bettering my previous record by 1 mph.

I also set a new best with my lightest club, hitting 116 mph during my last three swings. They were 111, 111, 116.

20181225_194916-02.jpeg

I'm going to get the opportunity to play tomorrow, after all the recent rain, it's going to be nice to be able to hit the course.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Those are some good looking speed sticks MPR, I have a feeling Kirke is going to get some major enjoyment out of them.

I did my second session this evening after the Christmas festivities and hit a couple of personal bests. My fastest swing with my heaviest club hit 108 mph, bettering my previous record by 1 mph.

I also set a new best with my lightest club, hitting 116 mph during my last three swings. They were 111, 111, 116.

20181225_194916-02.thumb.jpeg.6978f4862039e211410ac3775d40dd9a.jpeg

I'm going to get the opportunity to play tomorrow, after all the recent rain, it's going to be nice to be able to hit the course.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Nice job - my workout yesterday was no where near as successful but I got it in and my top speeds with each club were somewhat in line with my normal. Not bad for as exhausted as I was. That push from noon on the 24th to noon on Christmas is exhausting - throw in that it started on a Monday after a full compliment of church services and I’m totally spent.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1493.JPG

So I remain stuck around here - right where I was at when we finished level 1. But I also remember Daisy saying that the level 2 gain comes right at the end. I’m hitting the ball beautifully which is amazing because I’m hardly ever playing.

Playing Friday though and then a couple of times next week.

Can’t wait

The putting green at Bayou was like linoleum this afternoon. Dried out, crusty and it’s very windy out.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I see a definite improvement in ball striking since starting the SuperSpeed program. I played today since the weather was gorgeous, sunny and temps in the mid 50's. Shot a 98 at Chatata Valley, my personal best since getting my Cobra's and Arccos.

I was only 4/18 hitting greens in regulation, but I hit 9/14 fairways with my driver. For some reason Arccos didn't record one hole where I missed the fairway, but I took a screenshot of my stats and it says 9/13.

20181226_163416.jpeg

To anyone looking at the SuperSpeed system, it might throw your game off for a couple of rounds but I don't see any adverse effects after doing it for a while.

Since I started I have been swinging indoors but was unable to access that for my first 2 workouts of this week and o my it made a difference. Swings were down 5 to 10 mph for everything. Kudos to all of you guys doing the bulk of this outside especially in anything below 45.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Because of the holiday, I had to change up my schedule this week.  I normally start the week on Monday, but this week I started on Sunday morning before driving 300 miles for Christmas.  I just got back this afternoon, so I did my second session to get back on my usual Wednesday protocol.

FYI, don't do the protocol after driving 300 miles!!  Speeds were waaaay down; guess I was just too stiff from riding in the car that long.  Down 6 mph with every club.  I expect the Friday session to be a lot better.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Merry (3rd day of) Christmas everyone!  Haven't had much chance to stop by here the past week or so, and like Kenny, my speeds are down a bit this week what with some travelling, holiday activities & eating, and a bit of a cold thrown in for good measure, but I've managed to keep on track with my Mon-Wed-Fri schedule, so I'm happy.

My week, lucky number 13, is through. I did my protocols Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I will add that I didn't do kneeling swings today due to soreness from playing yesterday, but I did do them standing with my feet together to lessen the strain.

As I started my warm-up swings today, I heard something running through the woods, looked, and saw a deer. I've been living in my house for almost five years and it's the first one I've seen.

I actually had my best numbers on Tuesday, setting highs with both my heaviest and lightest clubs. My workout today was a little down, but it was still a good one. Today's numbers were 109, 104, and 100 dominant and 99, 102, and 97 non dominant.

For the weekly numbers:

20181227_163834-02.jpeg

Well all, you win, I'm in. Santa brought me the superspeed setup so I'll be starting here soon. 

Only reason I haven't started yet is that I have a unfortunate respiratory infection and basically any movement sends me into a coughing spell. But soon as I can, I'll be on the program. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Thin2win, welcome aboard the SuperSpeed train! Please keep us updated on your progress. I hope the respiratory infection goes away soon. SuperSpeed isn't major cardio, but it will get the ole heart to pumping and the lungs sucking in some air.

@KennyB, if I had been in a car that long and did the protocol, it probably would have looked like the first session. I don't think I could have walked, much less trained after that. I bet your Friday speeds will be way up.

27 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thin2win, welcome aboard the SuperSpeed train! Please keep us updated on your progress. I hope the respiratory infection goes away soon. SuperSpeed isn't major cardio, but it will get the ole heart to pumping and the lungs sucking in some air.

@KennyB, if I had been in a car that long and did the protocol, it probably would have looked like the first session. I don't think I could have walked, much less trained after that. I bet your Friday speeds will be way up.

We shall see.  We shall see.  Temps tomorrow... right at freezing most of the day until late afternoon, then rain.  I might have to use the patio; consists of moving furniture before and after though.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Well all, you win, I'm in. Santa brought me the superspeed setup so I'll be starting here soon. 

Only reason I haven't started yet is that I have a unfortunate respiratory infection and basically any movement sends me into a coughing spell. But soon as I can, I'll be on the program. 

I got mine from Santa as well 🙂 

I've done the first two days of the beginner protocol, did anyone else see what looked like a drastic rise in the numbers from day 1 to day 2?

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

59 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

I've done the first two days of the beginner protocol, did anyone else see what looked like a drastic rise in the numbers from day 1 to day 2?

Yes, it seems to go up for the first week or two, then level off for awhile, then up a little more at the end of the first 6 weeks.  At least it did for me.

Congratulations!!  I think you will enjoy them.  The thing you have to watch out for is that there will be long periods when you just maintain, or speeds even drop a little depending on your body.  It's tough to get through that, but don't give up.  The program has peaks at certain times, so just keep at it.

55 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

Excellent!

I didn't see much difference between days 1 and 2, but I did see a pretty big jump on day 3.  Week 2 was a about a 5 mph jump on average across the board.  Just finished week 3, and was back down a little, but I'm chalking that up to Christmas week.

I'm not sure if this is more product review or group therapy at this point. You all are great. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We shall see.  We shall see.  Temps tomorrow... right at freezing most of the day until late afternoon, then rain.  I might have to use the patio; consists of moving furniture before and after though.

Been mostly like that in my neck of the woods since November 1st - when the temp manages to get warm enough to be outside, it's rainy.  Luckily I have a garage - I've only been able to do the SS protocol outdoor once and that'll probably continue until late March.  I have to admit I'm just a little jealous of the guys that can get out and play a round this time of year.  

19 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

As I started my warm-up swings today, I heard something running through the woods, looked, and saw a deer. I've been living in my house for almost five years and it's the first one I've seen.

Now that's cool!  

Over the past 5 - 10 years, we've had a wild turkey population boom where I live, there are a couple of flocks of 10 or 15 turkeys that wander around the neighborhood, it's a pretty impressive sight.  When my dog got old and just liked laying in the sun in the front yard, one of the turkeys would sit on the front steps and keep her company once in a while.

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Well, I chickened out!!  It's my normal protocol time and it's dense fog and 32º.  My wife and I were going to play 18 after the protocol since it's her birthday, but we both decided to wait until tomorrow.  Forecast tomorrow is 53º and 20 mph wind. I'll do my last protocol this week in the morning before we play.

My week 13 is completed.  Set a personal best with right and left-handed Red (heavy) swings.  I'm jealous of the guys that have been able to do these sessions outdoors.  Living in Wisconsin I've been forced to train in my basement almost the entire time.  Guess that's better than being outside when the temp is in the 30's and there's a rain/snow mixture like today.

2104459943_week13results.JPG.c8ba7e0851fc55331ab175d636ef0208.JPG

I'm extremely excited to see where my driver speed ends up after the end of the 2nd level next week.  I was recently fitted for a new driver shaft to go along with my GBB Epic Sub Zero head, but I'm going to use my old shaft for the test to make sure any speed gains are from the program and not equipment related.  That being said I'm definitely going to test out the new shaft as well to see what my max gains are.

Happy New Year everybody!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1 minute ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

My week 13 is completed.  Set a personal best with right and left-handed Red (heavy) swings.  I'm jealous of the guys that have been able to do these sessions outdoors.  Living in Wisconsin I've been forced to train in my basement almost the entire time.  Guess that's better than being outside when the temp is in the 30's and there's a rain/snow mixture like today.

I'm extremely excited to see where my driver speed ends up after the end of the 2nd level next week.  I was recently fitted for a new driver shaft to go along with my GBB Epic Sub Zero head, but I'm going to use my old shaft for the test to make sure any speed gains are from the program and not equipment related.  That being said I'm definitely going to test out the new shaft as well to see what my max gains are.

Congratulations on the new PB!!  It sure is nice when that happens; good motivator.  

5 minutes ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

That's awesome!

It's definitely helpful in that regard. This training is great, but can have it's moments where you just have to vent. The guys here are definitely good for that, I'm just glad they don't charge by the hour.

@MikeLambert that's a really cool story about the turkey and your dog. I'm glad he had a friend to sit in the sun with him.

@KennyB, freezing temps and fog are definitely not conducive to training. I think it's great that you and the wife get to play together, hope it's an enjoyable day for the two of you.

@02uwmadgrad, great job on recording your fastest speed yet with the red Thor hammer!

After seeing the great results you guys are getting from the Superspeed and your hard work, I'm making a homemade set. Shafts are ordered, I'll get the father in law to machine up some nice stainless for the "heads" and I'm good to go.

Hope I can commit to the programme as well as the reviewing group, and that my results are similar.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I'm not handy enough to make my own, thankfully these guys do an alright job IMG_20181228_204507.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I hope you feel better quickly! I’ve been struggling with this the past two weeks. It’s tough mid level 2. Slowed me down a bit especially towards the end of workouts. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Week 13 Update

RH. Green 109, Blue 106, Red 102
LH. Green 106. Blue 104 Red 98

It’s been a very difficult two weeks for workouts between work and a sinus/upper respiratory infection. :(

I was totally gassed by the end of my workouts this week so the last 3 swings added nothing to my tallies (a first ever).

I did discover that I can do a level 2 workout in as little as 20 minutes. But I had nothing at all in the tank by the end. :(

Busy schedules and minor illnesses and injuries are the way of life for many people. We’ve had those as a group. It will be interesting to see where that leaves us at the end of next week.

I did play golf yesterday. It was a very spotty round - I don’t think SuperSpeed has a thing to do with that. I hadn’t played in 3 weeks, my body and mind are tired and I had a funeral yesterday morning.

Happy New Year to everyone who’s following along!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’d love to give these a try, but there’s no way I could consistently get the workouts in.... Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Week 8,9,10:
It has been a while since my last check-in.. December has been a crazy month with finals at school and deadlines at work. And to top it off, my lower back has not been very fond of the kneeling swings which further compounded my ability to stay on track with the workouts. What it all amounts to is that I have fallen a little further behind from the initial air quality delay I had about a month ago. I am going to do my best to ensure I have no further setbacks and fall no further behind the group than I have already.

Touching briefly on the kneeling swings.. I was getting through one or two workout sessions at a time without the kneeling swings causing any problems, but I have had a few instances where my lower back disagrees with the swings and I am left with back pain for 3-4 days afterwards. Because of this, I have abandoned the kneeling swings completely and have gone fully to the modified swing (standing feet together and swinging near horizontal).

Fortunately, even with my sporadic workouts and back pain over the past month, I am still maintaining my speeds pretty well and have even gained an additional 1.5 mph average on my driver. I have not seen maximums as high as my last week of the first protocol, but I have also been swinging with an extra layer on and my footing is not as stable as it was a month ago (I’ve been tearing up the lawn pretty good!).

Here are the numbers from the last few weeks:

322761530_SSG-Week8-10.JPG.b6b5f5bd629304040d1327407befa9eb.JPG

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX