Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

@Kegger, congrats on the gain in swing speed, that's awesome! I know your training speeds are in a lull, but the results are there. I've had very few days where I can do my training in the yard due to constant rain. I am fortunate enough to have a sidewalk that I can use, otherwise my yard would be a mud pit.

The most important thing here is safety. I don't blame you for forgoing the kneeling swings and doing them standing up, no reason to cause yourself discomfort.

My week got off to a down start with training, my speeds were way down today, especially left handed. Peaks and valleys are part of this and any training. I've been off work for over a week and have been pretty sedate the whole time. The wet weather hasn't helped motivate me to do much.

I did go to the driving range yesterday, but the clubhouse was closed. I took five old balls out of my bag and hit them with driver. I then found another ball and hit it, as my first swing was down. My last five averaged 95 mph and my last swing peaked at 97. After a disappointing first six weeks, I feel things are looking up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Update:

I've been doing my protocol relatively regularly (2-3x/week) and am in like month 3 of 6 of doing the same thing. I've decided that I'm not going to measure my speeds until I'm done this protocol. 

While I'm still having some trouble controlling the driver live (when I find a rhythem in the simulator the carry distances have been over 300 as of late) the success I've had with my 3w on the course of late is pretty remarkable. I was out there in the cold for 36 each of the last two weekends and have hit fairways at over a 50% clip and had only 2 penalties over those 4 rounds---which is astounding considering that in as recently as September I was good for 3+ OB's a round. 

My best round I hit 8/10 fairways with the 3w. I've never had a round where I was even close to 70% fairways. Everything just feels more fluid and the ball striking, for whatever reason, has improved drastically. My miss-hits before were slices 50 yards to the right, tops that might go 50 yards total and duck-hooks that go OB left before I can even pick my head up to track the ball. Recently, my miss hits are getting slightly under the ball---hitting a 225 yard pop up (opposed to 270-280 yard bombs) and slight fades that leak 10-20 yards to the right of the fairway. Ironically its the improvement on my miss-hits that I think help my score more than anything. 

2018 we saw massive improvements on distance and accuracy. Hopefully by this time in 2019 I'll have the same confidence and results with my driver as I did with the 3w this year!

Happy New Year to all!

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

Update:
I've been doing my protocol relatively regularly (2-3x/week) and am in like month 3 of 6 of doing the same thing. I've decided that I'm not going to measure my speeds until I'm done this protocol. 
While I'm still having some trouble controlling the driver live (when I find a rhythem in the simulator the carry distances have been over 300 as of late) the success I've had with my 3w on the course of late is pretty remarkable. I was out there in the cold for 36 each of the last two weekends and have hit fairways at over a 50% clip and had only 2 penalties over those 4 rounds---which is astounding considering that in as recently as September I was good for 3+ OB's a round. 
My best round I hit 8/10 fairways with the 3w. I've never had a round where I was even close to 70% fairways. Everything just feels more fluid and the ball striking, for whatever reason, has improved drastically. My miss-hits before were slices 50 yards to the right, tops that might go 50 yards total and duck-hooks that go OB left before I can even pick my head up to track the ball. Recently, my miss hits are getting slightly under the ball---hitting a 225 yard pop up (opposed to 270-280 yard bombs) and slight fades that leak 10-20 yards to the right of the fairway. Ironically its the improvement on my miss-hits that I think help my score more than anything. 
2018 we saw massive improvements on distance and accuracy. Hopefully by this time in 2019 I'll have the same confidence and results with my driver as I did with the 3w this year!
Happy New Year to all!

We should start calling you Henrich! As I recall your goal was to improve your ball striking consistency. It seems as if you have in a big way. Great work and happy New Year!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I did my workout today. Honestly I feel as if I should be held back in level 2 for two weeks. I’m only just recovering from my head cold and while I’ve gotten most of the speed back from the second week drop haven’t gotten all of it.

Im seeing no indication that I’ve gained any swing speed during level two. Life has just gotten in the way too much the past few weeks.

I’m back on track now and more determined than ever.

I will send Daisy an email to see what she thinks about two extra weeks at level two.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Update:
Happy New Year to all!
One of the biggest benefits to this training, to me, has been better ball striking. It's actually kind of strange considering there is no ball to hit and my swings are not always to the same spot. It's good to hear that you are having the same benefit.

I haven't seen much as far as distance gains on the course, but I'm chalking that up to the cooler weather along with near record yearly rainfall here in southeast Tennessee. Most of the time it has been in the 40's and 50's when playing conditions are decent. I do see a difference in speed on the range around 2-3 mph since the end of the first protocol.

Well, just did my first week 1 protocol. I am so bad left handed. if nothing else, I am sure I will see rapid improvement on those speeds. 

Base driver speed was 101. Will see how it goes from here. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Well, just did my first week 1 protocol. I am so bad left handed. if nothing else, I am sure I will see rapid improvement on those speeds. 
The left handed swings will definitely get better, it just takes a little time to get used to them. I've actually had some days that it's been faster on that side.

On 12/28/2018 at 10:04 AM, Kenny B said:

Well, I chickened out!!  It's my normal protocol time and it's dense fog and 32º.  My wife and I were going to play 18 after the protocol since it's her birthday, but we both decided to wait until tomorrow.  Forecast tomorrow is 53º and 20 mph wind. I'll do my last protocol this week in the morning before we play.

Doing the protocol in the wind isn't much fun either!!  At least it was warmer... 48º.  I kept losing my balance, but swing speeds were up a little from the Wednesday session after my trip.

Week 13 Update -  Nothing special
RH. Green 103, Blue 101, Red 98
LH. Green 99. Blue 95    Red 92

I started the final week of Level 2 today with better numbers than all of Week 13.
Week 14 Session 1

RH. Green 108, Blue 104, Red 98
LH. Green 101. Blue 97  Red 92

I've got to break the 100 mark for the Red club!!  I had a PB with the Kneeling swings with the Green club; first time breaking into the 90's.  

RH.  90  LH.  91

Two more sessions to go for Level 2 this week.  Got to crank it up before putting together the Stage 2 test report!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

It really is amazing how much better those left-handed swings get after the first week or two.  I've had several swings with the Green club where I was faster with a left-handed swing.  What is really interesting is that when we started the Kneeling swings in Level 2, my left-handed swings are nearly always faster than my right-handed swings.  Still trying to figure that one out.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I’ve radically improved my LH SS and feel and look of the swing for that matter.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

First green club swing and we're off!IMG_20190101_174835.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

image.png.a6d20b6c32d038e46dad9ca6e7a89edf.png

Alright so first intro protocol session is in the books. I didn't take my driver to my mom's backyard so I don't have the SSR reading on that, but on Trackman last month I was averaging 102mph. Not going to include that because I don't think Trackman and the SSR would be the same, and I'd rather keep my data consistent throughout. Some things I've observed:

1. I might be a bit brain-dead and not have the ability at the moment to do a step through with correct timing/sequencing. It reminds me of baseball and it's really awkward to do break the habit of the swing I've been used to my entire life. My very first swing with the green club resulted in 114mph as seen in the picture above. My first step through? 107. Not sure what happened there, maybe just tired from doing the reps from the standing part, or brain damage.

2. LEFT HANDED SWINGS... LOL! There's 0 chance thata video is ever posted on a public forum. Unless you guys are gonna send me some money, $300 and I'll do it (I broke my car polishing machine today and need a new one).

3. The intro protocol step 3 says to do one set, three swings on the dominant side only. Does that mean with each of the three clubs? For a total of 9 swings? Maybe @SuperSpeed Golf can shed some light? I tried looking through the first 10 pages of the thread without any luck, and the search function failed me, or I failed it.

In all, I was pretty surprised to see 114 on my very first go. If I can get my actual driver speed up to there, and hit the same amount of fairways...

giphy.gif

Alright so first intro protocol session is in the books. I didn't take my driver to my mom's backyard so I don't have the SSR reading on that, but on Trackman last month I was averaging 102mph. Not going to include that because I don't think Trackman and the SSR would be the same, and I'd rather keep my data consistent throughout. Some things I've observed:
1. I might be a bit brain-dead and not have the ability at the moment to do a step through with correct timing/sequencing. It reminds me of baseball and it's really awkward to do break the habit of the swing I've been used to my entire life. My very first swing with the green club resulted in 114mph as seen in the picture above. My first step through? 107. Not sure what happened there, maybe just tired from doing the reps from the standing part, or brain damage.
2. LEFT HANDED SWINGS... LOL! There's 0 chance thata video is ever posted on a public forum. Unless you guys are gonna send me some money, $300 and I'll do it (I broke my car polishing machine today and need a new one).
3. The intro protocol step 3 says to do one set, three swings on the dominant side only. Does that mean with each of the three clubs? For a total of 9 swings? Maybe [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] can shed some light? I tried looking through the first 10 pages of the thread without any luck, and the search function failed me, or I failed it.
In all, I was pretty surprised to see 114 on my very first go. If I can get my actual driver speed up to there, and hit the same amount of fairways...
giphy.gif
I wouldn't worry about the step through or non dominant swings too much. They'll get better with time. And just for reference, I am similar to you in that I very rarely get a step through swing that is faster than my regular swing. My maximum speeds almost always come from a regular swing.

For the last step, we always end with 3 swings, dominant side, with our lightest club only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

3. The intro protocol step 3 says to do one set, three swings on the dominant side only. Does that mean with each of the three clubs? For a total of 9 swings? Maybe [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] can shed some light? I tried looking through the first 10 pages of the thread without any luck, and the search function failed me, or I failed it.
giphy.gif

You’re still on the old system - for us level one was dynamic warm up, three swings, each club, both sides, regular, step through and then three swings lightest club dominant.

You will get better with the step through - I’m more consistent with regular swings but my fastest dominant swings have been step through. If it doesn’t improve after a couple of weeks contact SuperSpeed and they promise that they will help out. I believe them.

On the baseball analogy you are correct - if you ever pitched a step through is a modified pitching from the stretch.

You won’t believe how much better you will get non-dominant -

The radar will be about 3 mph faster than trackman.

Good luck!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm with the other testers on this one, your non-dominant and step swings will feel more natural the more you do them. The step swings were not too consistent as far as swing mechanics go when I started. I noticed a long pause at the top and differing lengths in my steps during the first few sessions, they're more fluid now.

My top swings come from both protocols, it just depends on the day. Most of them are from the step changes because the forward portion starting the swing encourages me to be loose.

Keep up the good work.

@yungkory Nice speeds, even LH!!  The differential between right and left handed seems about normal when starting out if you haven't made any LH swings before.  With time, the speeds between RH and LH will get closer together and feel more the same.  I am certainly more confident that if I had to make a LH swing on the course, I would be much better at it than I was a few months ago!

I suggest you measure your driver swing as soon as possible.  The more reps you do with the sticks, the less driver differential you will see the longer you wait.  I saw a lot of swing speed change in the first couple of weeks.  Not a big deal, unless you want to see how much change you get by using the SS sticks.

IMG_1553.JPGIMG_1554.JPG

Okay with 2 more workouts to go I took a sample with driver. This is not the radar device so swings are slower but my average was 88 on it to start. Today it was 93. That would put me at about 96 or 97 on the radar.

My average ball speed for the five swings was 131. It took me until towards the end of the first level to reach 130 let alone average it. Today is the first time that I’ve had a drive measure 230 with this device and I had 3/5. I’ve had drives longer, just wasn’t measuring them on this device. I’ve also had drives where it gave me less than the guy I was playing with but when we got to our balls mine was longer. I’m guessing that my spin rate is down (voice Caddy doesn’t measure spin rate).

So perhaps I’m getting that last week spike that Daisy told us about.

I really want to get my SS average to 94-95 when this is all said and done. I could get close to scratch with that swing speed.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

You’re still on the old system - for us level one was dynamic warm up, three swings, each club, both sides, regular, step through and then three swings lightest club dominant.

You will get better with the step through - I’m more consistent with regular swings but my fastest dominant swings have been step through. If it doesn’t improve after a couple of weeks contact SuperSpeed and they promise that they will help out. I believe them.

On the baseball analogy you are correct - if you ever pitched a step through is a modified pitching from the stretch.

You won’t believe how much better you will get non-dominant -

The radar will be about 3 mph faster than trackman.

Good luck!

Interesting, the radar was slower than Trackman for my driver today. Busted it out on the #9 tee box and tried to crank one and it read 93mph, lol. I'll test it tomorrow before I start "workout" #2

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Placement is key with the radar - I found that out early on - the other thing that is key is the shape of your driver - that's what its measuring rather than ball speed, the speed of your driver.  Some driver heads will measure "faster" than others on a radar.  There is a suggested placement on the instructions of the radar as well as on the SuperSpeed website. 

Also, if you get a couple of funky radar readings in a row check to make sure it's on the golf rather than the baseball setting.  The baseball setting will read significantly slower.  (I think many of us have learned that one the hard way) 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I can't really make out the numbers well but it looks like 111 and 107. If so you've increased about 22% - 24%. I'd say that huge!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I completed the last training session for Level 2 today.  A few new top speeds were set this week, but I'm most interested in finding out my driver swing speed.  I have an appointment booked on a local Trackman simulator for Friday morning at 9am.  And yes, I'll bring along my SwingSpeed Radar too.

1421029517_week14results.JPG.7b8940528d8daa762593cf75fb161d8a.JPG

If all goes well I'll have a more detailed update with my actual driver speed tomorrow.  I'm traveling for work next week so I'll also try to complete my Stage 2 review this weekend.  I have a feeling most of our reviews will be fairly positive.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Week 14 and the second SuperSpeed protocol are over. I had to do something this week that I'm not overly fond of, sessions on back to back days. I did one yesterday and the other today due to a 90 percent chance of rain tomorrow.

I didn't break any personal records this week, but I feel it was a really good week. My first session on Sunday was way down from normal and my Wednesday session I was cautious after waking up to a sore ankle on Tuesday. I was happy to see that I'm back to hitting over 100 mph for everything for the week.

Now just to hit the range for my swing speed before writing up my stage 2. 20190103_171335-01.jpeg

I can't really make out the numbers well but it looks like 111 and 107. If so you've increased about 22% - 24%. I'd say that huge!

It’s 111, 101 Plaid

The 111 was during a protocol but the 101 was with my driver while hitting a shot. Much more about the actual gain - average of 5 drives before and after in my review. It was a nice gain but not 22-24 percent. I started at 91 mph with the radar. 88 with voice Caddy which is comparable to track man. I had already gained some SS back through my fitness program.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

3 minutes ago, revkev said:

I started at 91 mph with the radar. 88 with voice Caddy which is comparable to track man. I had already gained some SS back through my fitness program.

OK... but that puts you at about a 10% increase. Still pretty impressive don't you think? Seeing any distance correlation?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

35 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I completed the last training session for Level 2 today.  A few new top speeds were set this week, but I'm most interested in finding out my driver swing speed.  I have an appointment booked on a local Trackman simulator for Friday morning at 9am.  And yes, I'll bring along my SwingSpeed Radar too.

1421029517_week14results.JPG.7b8940528d8daa762593cf75fb161d8a.JPG

If all goes well I'll have a more detailed update with my actual driver speed tomorrow.  I'm traveling for work next week so I'll also try to complete my Stage 2 review this weekend.  I have a feeling most of our reviews will be fairly positive.

I'm very interested to see your Trackman driver speed vs SSR! Your green club max is crazy high compared to mine but the actual driver speed gap is narrow.

I'm happy that I have a device to measure and compare results later in the protocol to, so I can track changes in some capacity, but I want to know an accurate representation of driver speed in the end. Nice work dude I hope you see more gains!

OK... but that puts you at about a 10% increase. Still pretty impressive don't you think? Seeing any distance correlation?

15 to 20 yards and a full club on my irons. It’s big Plaid. But you have to be disciplined enough to put in the work and accept the fact that there will be some steps back to go forward.

I’m hitting the ball better than I have in five years.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches