TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

I'm very interested to see your Trackman driver speed vs SSR! Your green club max is crazy high compared to mine but the actual driver speed gap is narrow.

I'm happy that I have a device to measure and compare results later in the protocol to, so I can track changes in some capacity, but I want to know an accurate representation of driver speed in the end. Nice work dude I hope you see more gains!

Thanks.  Most of my top speeds are done with the step through swing, so they may not correlate perfectly to what I can do with a driver in my hands.  Maybe I should start doing a Happy Gilmore swing on the course to see if I can really maximize my distance.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

IMG_1364.JPG

Did someone say, “Happy Gilmore?” This shot was hit by my son, John. Full Happy Gilmore, bare feet. September in Florida, all carry.

“You can do it!”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

15 to 20 yards and a full club on my irons. It’s big Plaid. But you have to be disciplined enough to put in the work and accept the fact that there will be some steps back to go forward.

I’m hitting the ball better than I have in five years.

Love the review everyone is doing and glad to see such positive results. I am really contemplating the purchase, my only concern is will I use it during the winter since I have to go outside to do the protocols. I don’t mind the winter golf rounds but would I have the discipline to go out into the backyard to do this every couple of days. That is the big question for me, wish I had a garage or really high ceilings.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Love the review everyone is doing and glad to see such positive results. I am really contemplating the purchase, my only concern is will I use it during the winter since I have to go outside to do the protocols. I don’t mind the winter golf rounds but would I have the discipline to go out into the backyard to do this every couple of days. That is the big question for me, wish I had a garage or really high ceilings.
I actually woke up thinking about this since I'm working on my Stage 2. I'm also lacking a place to be indoors while training and it's been tricky to get workouts in. I've only had a couple of weeks where the cold has been an issue, mostly it's about the rain. According to the TVA website we have had 14 inches of rain the last two months and I've had to work around it. It can be done, but it is sometimes difficult to get motivated. This forum sometimes becomes a place for workout therapy and I'm thankful for that. The members here are definitely encouraging and help me keep going.

One of the great things about this program is the fact that it's not overly time consuming. You can do most of the warm up indoors and the actual workout outdoors and only have to be outside for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hey guys!  Glad to see some new people jumping on board like me as "unofficial" testers.  Also have to admit I'm a little jealous of some of the speeds I'm seeing here - some of those are numbers I'll only see on my meat thermometer when I leave a steak on the grill a little too long!  But that's my fault for waiting until I was 54 to start playing golf.

Finished my 4th week of the first level protocol this morning.  Still nursing the end of a headcold/sinus infection, but today the speed started to come back after dropping off for about 5 sessions - my final three swings with the green club were 102, 104, and 105, which is the first time I've had 3 swings in a row over 100, so things are heading in the right direction!

2019-01-04_10-44-41.jpg.92fe673e9a8233a5ecdd0384312cf616.jpg

I kinda suspect that 107 the first week was really just a mistake by the radar, next highest swing that first week was 96.  Lefty swing (non-dominant) is starting to come along, but still feeling a bit awkward, and I'm also having some trouble getting the radar to pick up some swings (mostly on the left side), so I'll have to re-read those radar tips.  

Tomorrow I'll be playing at the golf simulator, first time actually trying to hit a ball since I started the SS training, it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Super bummed out right now.  I went to a golf simulator today to test my current driver swing speed.  Results with the SwingSpeed radar were:

Week 1 starting driver speed: 104mph

Week 6 speed: 111mph

Week 14 speed (today): 110mph

Not sure if it was a bad day or what happened to see a lower speed than 8 weeks ago.  It was the exact same same club/shaft, tested at the same indoor simulator, got about 8 hours of sleep last night, and was plenty warmed up before I started measuring my speeds.

I did test out a new driver shaft that I was recently fitted for and that came in at 112mph.  At least I know that was slightly better than my old shaft.

😥

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I actually purchased my set last May, but only used the them 2 or 3 times, so I think you are right about the discipline part - I definitely didn't have it, it's really seeing what everyone on this forum is doing that's has me on track now.  Kind of an accountability I think.

Luckily I have a garage, although the ceiling is a little lower than I'd like, took me a few swings to convince myself that I wasn't going to hit it.  A bit too cold outside here in Massachusetts for doing this outside most days.

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I actually woke up thinking about this since I'm working on my Stage 2. I'm also lacking a place to be indoors while training and it's been tricky to get workouts in. I've only had a couple of weeks where the cold has been an issue, mostly it's about the rain. According to the TVA website we have had 14 inches of rain the last two months and I've had to work around it. It can be done, but it is sometimes difficult to get motivated. This forum sometimes becomes a place for workout therapy and I'm thankful for that. The members here are definitely encouraging and help me keep going.

One of the great things about this program is the fact that it's not overly time consuming. You can do most of the warm up indoors and the actual workout outdoors and only have to be outside for about 15 to 20 minutes.

That's a lot of rain!

Super bummed out right now.  I went to a golf simulator today to test my current driver swing speed.  Results with the SwingSpeed radar were:
Not sure if it was a bad day or what happened to see a lower speed than 8 weeks ago.  It was the exact same same club/shaft, tested at the same indoor simulator, got about 8 hours of sleep last night, and was plenty warmed up before I started measuring my speeds.
I did test out a new driver shaft that I was recently fitted for and that came in at 112mph.  At least I know that was slightly better than my old shaft.

This is exactly what I was seeing until this week. Then boom, a gain all of a sudden, almost out of the blue and it was there on consecutive days.

I’d be curious to learn if you experience a bump in the next two weeks (if you intend to continue)
@mike - I had to overcome the head cold/sore muscles thing - it was no fun. I did have a two workout week a few weeks back because of it.

A thought for those who face poor weather. Is cheap gym membership somewhere worth it. Most hotel fitness centers have high enough ceilings. Perhaps you could negotiate a good deal to use one of those type spaces.

I can’t imagine doing this outdoors in sun freezing weather.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I have to do the protocol outside; no place inside.  Knowing what I know now after testing for 14 weeks, I would be hard pressed to do this over the winter if it weren't for the test.  Don't get me wrong... I like the speed increase!  However, dragging myself outside in 30 degree weather at 71 years old every other day is really, really tough.  The group thing keeps pushing me, so any speed increases belong somewhat to the group!I  I am certainly glad that I am on the "dry side" of Washington.  Outside in the cold is one thing; outside in the cold and rain is another.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have a question for everyone and am hoping that a SuperSpeed team member weighs in.

Has anyone experimented with playing right after a protocol or doing a partial protocol (more than the dynamic warm up) prior to playing?

My fastest swings are almost always the last three. I have hit drivers after those and I stay fast for ten or five teen swings but am then spent.

I’m wondering if dynamic warm up plus three swings Green wouldn’t be a way to go to be as fast as possible on the course.

Has anyone tried that sequence? Has SuperSpeed done any research on this?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

I have a question for everyone and am hoping that a SuperSpeed team member weighs in.

Has anyone experimented with playing right after a protocol or doing a partial protocol (more than the dynamic warm up) prior to playing?

My fastest swings are almost always the last three. I have hit drivers after those and I stay fast for ten or five teen swings but am then spent.

I’m wondering if dynamic warm up plus three swings Green wouldn’t be a way to go to be as fast as possible on the course.

Has anyone tried that sequence? Has SuperSpeed done any research on this?

Not immediately after the protocol, but within an hour. I play most Monday mornings (walking).   I do the protocol at home, then drive to the course.  It takes me about 30 minutes to drive, setup my pushcart, spend a few minutes in the putting green, and catch the guys that I play with who are coming off the range.  I do not have a problem on the first tee; I actually hit my first tee shot better than I do other days that I don't do the protocol but hit balls on the range.  I get sore about hole 14.  

I DO have a problem when I have to wait longer to tee off.  A couple of weeks ago on Monday I did the protocol and headed to the course like usual.  Frost delay.  I tried to stay loose, but we teed off 90 minutes late.  That did me in.  I was sore almost immediately.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have to do the protocol outside; no place inside.  Knowing what I know now after testing for 14 weeks, I would be hard pressed to do this over the winter if it weren't for the test.  Don't get me wrong... I like the speed increase!  However, dragging myself outside in 30 degree weather at 71 years old every other day is really, really tough.  The group thing keeps pushing me, so any speed increases belong somewhat to the group!I  I am certainly glad that I am on the "dry side" of Washington.  Outside in the cold is one thing; outside in the cold and rain is another.

Yeah, 30 degrees is good for skiing, not golf!

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Not immediately after the protocol, but within an hour. I play most Monday mornings (walking).   I do the protocol at home, then drive to the course.  It takes me about 30 minutes to drive, setup my pushcart, spend a few minutes in the putting green, and catch the guys that I play with who are coming off the range.  I do not have a problem on the first tee; I actually hit my first tee shot better than I do other days that I don't do the protocol but hit balls on the range.  I get sore about hole 14.  

I DO have a problem when I have to wait longer to tee off.  A couple of weeks ago on Monday I did the protocol and headed to the course like usual.  Frost delay.  I tried to stay loose, but we teed off 90 minutes late.  That did me in.  I was sore almost immediately.

After 30 minutes it seems like a warm-up would wear off, like you saw with the frost delay.  I generally car pool with 2 of the guys I play with since we live close together, so the drive time is about the same as yours.  What I've done is some stretching and some swings in the yard before leaving the house, but I usually feel like by the time we tee off, any benefit has worn off. 

Looking forward to using the SS warm up protocol this spring when I start playing again...not sure if I'd be brave enough to do some Cats & Dogs next to the 1st tee while waiting our turn though 😉

1 minute ago, Mike Lambert said:

After 30 minutes it seems like a warm-up would wear off, like you saw with the frost delay.  I generally car pool with 2 of the guys I play with since we live close together, so the drive time is about the same as yours.  What I've done is some stretching and some swings in the yard before leaving the house, but I usually feel like by the time we tee off, any benefit has worn off. 

Looking forward to using the SS warm up protocol this spring when I start playing again...not sure if I'd be brave enough to do some Cats & Dogs next to the 1st tee while waiting our turn though 😉

I do a slightly modified SS warmup at the course, and it's worth it.  Instead of each arm, clockwise/counterclockwise and palm up and down, I do both arms together to speed it up a little.  

LOL on the Cats & Dogs... at our Turkey tournament I was doing the Toe Touch RTT exercise and our teaching pro walked by and said:  "Praying to the golf gods?"  I said:  "Absolutely!  At my age I need everything I can get!"

Just now, Kenny B said:

I do a slightly modified SS warmup at the course, and it's worth it.  Instead of each arm, clockwise/counterclockwise and palm up and down, I do both arms together to speed it up a little.  

LOL on the Cats & Dogs... at our Turkey tournament I was doing the Toe Touch RTT exercise and our teaching pro walked by and said:  "Praying to the golf gods?"  I said:  "Absolutely!  At my age I need everything I can get!"

That's great!  I'll definitely give the warm-up a try at the course, at least the parts my friends won't laugh too much at!

Did you also use the radar? Were the speeds similar or was their a discrepancy?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's a lot of rain!
It's been crazy here, but I expect that whenever there's a time I want to be outside. It never seems to rain when I work, just on weekends and shutdown.I took a shot of the the webpage to show what I'm dealing with here. Seattle, eat your heart out.Screenshot_20190104-122007_Firefox-01.jpeg

Now on to the good news. I did my final swing speed test today after finishing the second SuperSpeed protocol. Drum roll please......

My starting swing speed was 89 mph and my current swing speed is now 94.6 mph. That's a 6.4 percent increase over the 14 week test period and a 4.6 percent increase from week six till now.

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's been crazy here, but I expect that whenever there's a time I want to be outside. It never seems to rain when I work, just on weekends and shutdown.I took a shot of the the webpage to show what I'm dealing with here. Seattle, eat your heart out.Screenshot_20190104-122007_Firefox-01.jpeg

Now on to the good news. I did my final swing speed test today after finishing the second SuperSpeed protocol. Drum roll please......

My starting swing speed was 89 mph and my current swing speed is now 94.6 mph. That's a 6.4 percent increase over the 14 week test period and a 4.6 percent increase from week six till now.

Awesome results!

Thank you Mike! Keep working at it, you're off to a great start and it's nice to have you along for the ride as a fellow tester.

On Another note, I would recommend sitting your radar up on something, you only need about an inch or two. I've had problems with my non-dominant swings registering probably due to swinging it a bit above the radar. I use the kneeling pad I bought from Lowe's.

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thank you Mike! Keep working at it, you're off to a great start and it's nice to have you along for the ride as a fellow tester.

On Another note, I would recommend sitting your radar up on something, you only need about an inch or two. I've had problems with my non-dominant swings registering probably due to swinging it a bit above the radar. I use the kneeling pad I bought from Lowe's.

Thanks!  I'll definitely put the radar on top of something, that's a great suggestion.

30 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Did you also use the radar? Were the speeds similar or was their a discrepancy?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I used the exact same SwingSpeed radar unit for each of my testing periods.  I was also at an indoor Trackman simulator for the Week 6 and Week 14 (today) test, and the SS radar was consistently 3-5 mph higher than what Trackman would register.  For $100 versus a  $20k Trackman the radar is pretty accurate and consistent.

Just remember that the Trackman device is measuring club head speed at the ball while the radar is before the ball - there has to be a difference.  Plus I believe it extrapolates club head speed based upon ball speed.  I will take ball speed every time because that's what is going to determine distance.  Increased ball speed really gets me amped! 

I should add is that my ultimate goal is to get to 140 here.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I guess this will do for a baseline driver swing. Still kinda working out the positioning of the radar.00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190104164946291_COVER.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I guess this will do for a baseline driver swing. Still kinda working out the positioning of the radar.00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190104164946291_COVER.thumb.jpeg.51316cd4819c1d56f82b34b6a0b1b540.jpeg

When you are hitting a ball, you'll want position the radar at 45 degrees and the ball at least a foot from the radar and a couple of inches ahead of the radar. 20190104_114608-01.jpeg

When you are hitting a ball, you'll want position the radar at 45 degrees and the ball at least a foot from the radar and a couple of inches ahead of the radar. 20190104_114608-01.jpeg.d6ea8c804b71e0a6bbc3103d936fcca5.jpeg

Oh wow that would explain my weird results at the course last time. Do you have a picture like this for when you're not hitting a ball?

Oh wow that would explain my weird results at the course last time. Do you have a picture like this for when you're not hitting a ball?

When you're just doing the training you place the radar facing you and at the center of your stance.

My final level two workout is in the books - I'm not going to give an update because I will have a stage two review coming in the next week or so.

Out of excitement I've already spilled some of the beans.  I will say that this was the first week that I was over 100 as a top speed non-dominant - last step through of the week with the Red did it for me! 

I've also got my closing driver swing speed on the radar (the batteries in Voice Caddy were dead so I didn't get that device involved - I will bring it to the course tomorrow afternoon to see how I'm doing with for real shots.) 

So it will be interesting to see how I'm faring start to finish with SuperSpeed.  I started at 91 and was at 96 after the first level.   Generally you don't gain as much with the second level as the first and most of the speed gain occurs in these first two levels. 

Stay tuned....

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

When you're just doing the training you place the radar facing you and at the center of your stance.

Hmm, I've been putting it a little bit forward of where I play a ball. I read that you should have it where the club would be released, otherwise it'll read slow?

Hmm, I've been putting it a little bit forward of where I play a ball. I read that you should have it where the club would be released, otherwise it'll read slow?

Excellent question! I do tend to sit it toward the middle, maybe slightly forward on my regular swings and I do put it a little more forward for the step change.

As a tester I felt it my duty to go outside and do some experimenting with the radar and sticks. I did regular swings from both sides positioning the radar forward, middle, and back. I know I'm not going to be able to consistently repeat swing speeds, but what I found was the numbers were within 2-4 mph of each other.

To me, I would say that as long as you are consistent with where you place the radar while training, that's what matters.