TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Hmm, I've been putting it a little bit forward of where I play a ball. I read that you should have it where the club would be released, otherwise it'll read slow?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sir chunks was correct earlier

Middle facing you for protocols - before the ball about 45 degrees toward you on shots you hit with the driver. There are videos on their sight demonstrating it.

I’ve experimented with this often. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My Stage 2 review is up!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Great stage 2 Bucky! I loved the motivational poster with the T-Rex, so much so that I died laughing. My wife and sister-in-law looked at me like I'm crazy.

I am surprised you didn't see an increase after the second phase of training, you definitely had the numbers doing the training. But, training can be frustrating. I didn't have the numbers after phase 1 that the rest of our testers saw. Maybe you'll see them in a couple of weeks.

On another note, have any of you guys started week 15 yet? I just did my first session with the double step and it was a doozy, especially left handed. My feet had to do too much thinking. I know it'll get better, but I'm glad it was dry out and I could hide in my backyard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was surprised at the final Level 2 numbers as well.  Just last week I took out my driver after doing a training session to get a sneak peak at my numbers.  There was no ball on the ground but I managed to hit 115mph a few times.

When I emailed my numbers to Daisy she said it's very unusual to see a drop in speeds like I experienced.  She thought I may still be in the plateau phase or simply had an off day.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Nice work Bucky

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I wonder if it's a weight thing. You've seen no increase in your green stick highest swing since week 6 but you've seen an increase in blue and even greater increase in red since week 6. Maybe if your weight was bumped up in your sticks it could make a difference. Especially with you going 131 with the red, I mean the club is 5% heavier then the average driver, granted it's a smaller head thus more aerodynamic but I would think you should be able to get close to that. I wonder if the SS are thinking about developing a middle tier for there clubs? I mean you're swing the same sticks that a guy who has 90 mph swing speed is. Sorry I'm sure this isn't really helping and pretty much the same thoughts you have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I finished Level 2 on Friday, but haven't checked my driver speed yet.  The weekend was very busy, and the wind has been up.  The results for the 14 weeks of training will be posted in my Stage 2 writeup in the next week.  I will start Week 15 tomorrow morning, but will check driver speed after the warmup but before the Level 3 protocol.

I watched the video of the double step.  I'm not sure how that's going to help me, but I'll give it a try... sorry Yoda!  Also, not looking forward to 4 swings.

I will only be doing the Level 3 protocol this week and next week.  Then I will take two weeks off before I pick it back up again.  Headed to AZ.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

My Stage 2 review is up!

A very nice writeup Bucky.  I will have a few comments that I will address in my writeup.  Since we are all coming from different starting swing speeds, it will be interesting how the SS numbers with each club correlate with driver swing speed increases.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've been following this for the last few weeks. Finalyl got towards the end. Think I'm going to make a purchase once it goes on sale/ comes with a package.

Thanks MGS and the crew for testing it out.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

My last updates in this thread were a complaint about some soreness in my left hand. For that reason, I took the week of Christmas off entirely, hoping that that would be enough time to heal.

It wasn't. I jumped back in last week (on Monday), and the pain in my hand returned right away. I pushed through to do Wednesday's protocol as well, but then stopped. This week, I'm going to be on the road (teaching a seminary class), so it's another good week to give my hand a break. I'll see about easing back into things after a week, or maybe two. I don't want to risk real injury; at the same time, I don't want to entirely drop the habit of doing the workouts. You all know it can be a bear to restart a good habit.

So here's where I am at this point, remembering that the final week on the chart was only two workouts instead of three:

image.png

As I've noted before, on my records, I only keep averages/maximums for no-step, dominant-hand swings. I keep the final three green swings separate.

I also like tracking averages and maximums. I think of these as "where am I right now" and "what is my potential," respectively. As of now, there's about a four-week lag between hitting a high number as a max and then reaching it with my average. That's really motivating for me.

I'm really enjoying following along with everyone else, and reading the Stage 2 reviews as they roll in. Glad to see new folks joining this thread as well; this is a great way to stay motivated!

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

@MPR I'm trying to recall if you are following our test protocols or the ones on the SuperSpeed website. 

Also I find it intriguing that you are keeping an average.  I would have trouble doing that.  While the radar works pretty well it misfires enough that I wouldn't be able to do an average.  I'm uncertain as to whether a couple of high end numbers that I've received are accurate but they were there and I had no good reason to toss them.  Maybe I just hit it right on those swings - both step swings one with the green, one with the blue.

I appreciate the number of guests that are here as well, both those considering purchase and those who are reporting their results and giving their reflections on their experiences. 

I'm anticipating that my stage 2 review will be up this weekend - While I'm a more lenient grader (I have to be, I teach Middle School) I could almost Pirate Bucky's, plug in my swing speeds and claim it as my own.  The big differences will be that my driver SS is slower and I live in a warm weather spot so I have much more experience bringing my swing to the course - that and I did get a little bump right at the end of level 2 - but I do mean right at the end - last two workouts end!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

14 minutes ago, revkev said:

@MPR I'm trying to recall if you are following our test protocols or the ones on the SuperSpeed website. 

Also I find it intriguing that you are keeping an average.  I would have trouble doing that.  While the radar works pretty well it misfires enough that I wouldn't be able to do an average.  I'm uncertain as to whether a couple of high end numbers that I've received are accurate but they were there and I had no good reason to toss them.  Maybe I just hit it right on those swings - both step swings one with the green, one with the blue.

I'm following the ones posted on the website, more or less. I'm currently doing five kneeling swings (each club, both hands), five "normal" swings, five step through swings, and then three normal swings with the lightest club. I keep the numbers for all of these, but I've only set my spreadsheet to keep cumulative numbers on the swings that vaguely resemble actual golf swings 🙂

As for keeping averages: I agree that, periodically, the radar will give a wonky read. (It's a sign of my own pride that, if the number is oddly high, I assume I did something awesome, but if it's oddly low, I assume the radar malfunctioned.) My basic assumption is that, even with radar error, everything evens out over time, so that even if my numbers are totally accurate, the running average should still show my trends.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I was actually keeping averages the first few weeks of doing the training, but decided to give it up when I realized that my notebook wouldn't survive that long. I did like it as i felt that it was a better indicator of gains.

My biggest issue with the radar has been not picking up some of my swings, particularly left handed. After trial and error, I found that I was swinging a little high from that side. All the extra reps to get three readings would wear me out some days.

36 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was actually keeping averages the first few weeks of doing the training, but decided to give it up when I realized that my notebook wouldn't survive that long. I did like it as i felt that it was a better indicator of gains.

My biggest issue with the radar has been not picking up some of my swings, particularly left handed. After trial and error, I found that I was swinging a little high from that side. All the extra reps to get three readings would wear me out some days.

I don't do extra reps - if it doesn't read, it doesn't read.  I try to leave everything on the table with the prescribed reps.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

6 hours ago, revkev said:

I don't do extra reps - if it doesn't read, it doesn't read.  I try to leave everything on the table with the prescribed reps.

In all the swings I've done for 14 weeks, I have never had the radar not record a speed.  The three swings may not all be nearly the same speed, but they have all been reasonable and if a speed was low, I usually felt that it was not a good swing.

After placing my radar on the other kneeling mat I've had fewer missed shots. Before that I had days where speeds would register in the 50-60 mph range or the same speed would still be on the radar without the blinking to indicate that it registered the same speed.

I'm figuring it has to do with a less than consistent swing plane and I was swinging above where the radar will pick it up. Hopefully a little more focus on consistency on my part will help.

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

After placing my radar on the other kneeling mat I've had fewer missed shots. Before that I had days where speeds would register in the 50-60 mph range or the same speed would still be on the radar without the blinking to indicate that it registered the same speed.

I'm figuring it has to do with a less than consistent swing plane and I was swinging above where the radar will pick it up. Hopefully a little more focus on consistency on my part will help.

Fun Facts.

It seems the bottom end speed for my unit is somewhere in the 40's.  It will pick up the start of my backswing during the Step Change

I have also found out that if you get the same speed as the previous swing, the display blinks; but if you get the same speed for the 3rd time in a row, the display doesn't blink.  

For some reason on my kneeling swings, I usually have faster swings with my non-dominant hand.

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Fun Facts.

It seems the bottom end speed for my unit is somewhere in the 40's.  It will pick up the start of my backswing during the Step Change

I have also found out that if you get the same speed as the previous swing, the display blinks; but if you get the same speed for the 3rd time in a row, the display doesn't blink.  

For some reason on my kneeling swings, I usually have faster swings with my non-dominant hand.

I always thought blinking meant it didn't record the swing after

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I always thought blinking meant it didn't record the swing after

Me too

Kenny knows his stuff generally speaking - are you certain that you’re correct about the blinking, Kenny?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I came to the same conclusion as Kenny early on in my training. Here is a snipped of the owners manual: "8. The display will flash if a duplicate of the previous speed is measured. It returns to stationary if a third identical speed is measured, etc."

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Me too

Kenny knows his stuff generally speaking - are you certain that you’re correct about the blinking, Kenny?

I didn't realize that the sequence for same swing speed was blink and no blink, etc... I guess I overlooked that part of the manual.

I did look it up and found this:

Screenshot_20190108-100159_Drive-01.jpeg

Hello Everyone!  Just wanted to touch base with MGS & SuperSpeed to tell you how sorry I am for my lack of participation with this review.  After I was chosen, I was very excited about the process.  But unfortunately the pain in my hip has become unbearable and I have decided to go ahead with the surgery sooner rather than later.  I didn't think this was going to come about so soon or during the review process of the SpeedSwing but it did.  And I am one of those guys that will go in 100% or not at all with my review.  I take it very seriously and won't "pencil whip" the review process in any way, if you get my meaning.   I could have gone along with it & said to MGS & everyone else what they wanted to hear but I just don't do that.  

Again I am very sorry to MGS & to SuperSpeed for what has transpired these past few months.  I look to get back into the swing of things (pun intended) in about 4 months.  My surgery is next week & I won't be swinging anything until then.  Incidentally, I have sent back the SpeedSwing to Chicago as requested. 

Good luck to everyone & I will be following along with the process.  I hope to see a lot of gains from everyone. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

30 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Hello Everyone!  Just wanted to touch base with MGS & SuperSpeed to tell you how sorry I am for my lack of participation with this review.  After I was chosen, I was very excited about the process.  But unfortunately the pain in my hip has become unbearable and I have decided to go ahead with the surgery sooner rather than later.  I didn't think this was going to come about so soon or during the review process of the SpeedSwing but it did.  And I am one of those guys that will go in 100% or not at all with my review.  I take it very seriously and won't "pencil whip" the review process in any way, if you get my meaning.   I could have gone along with it & said to MGS & everyone else what they wanted to hear but I just don't do that.  

Again I am very sorry to MGS & to SuperSpeed for what has transpired these past few months.  I look to get back into the swing of things (pun intended) in about 4 months.  My surgery is next week & I won't be swinging anything until then.  Incidentally, I have sent back the SpeedSwing to Chicago as requested. 

Good luck to everyone & I will be following along with the process.  I hope to see a lot of gains from everyone. 

Good luck with the surgery...and a speedy recovery! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Best of luck to you with the surgery.

2 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Best of luck... keep us posted on your progress.

5 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Sorry to hear about that have a speedy recovery 

@ Golfinnut - prayers for successful surgery and a swift and speedy recovery.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

First level 3 protocol in the books. Given that it bumps us to 4 reps from 3 in each round it’s sort of like running the Belmont after the Kentucky Derby

I realize that those doing the originals nap protocols make a bigger jump still to 5 reps at some point. That had to be a real shock to the system.

I hammered the step backs dominant but wow we’re the non-dominant is new rough - which way do I go?🤫🤪

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches