TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

43 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

So the order of the lines from top to bottom goes: After-High Before-High. Isn't there supposed to be a point where my Before and After start getting closer together?1547913095278.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

According to SuperSpeed the initial jump should become permanent in approximately 6-8 weeks.  Here is the chart they included in the MGS case study article from a few months ago.

sstrainingcycles1200.jpg.ffed1dd1aecc9590238ecba9775c41c7.jpg

Keep in mind these are just averages and it could be an additional time period for your speeds to really normalize.  It also depends on how warmed up you are.  Just like a round on the course your starting speed on hole 1 will be much slower than hole 9 if you don't hit the range and stretch a little before the first tee.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

If I look at my SS chart I've followed the sample pattern that Bucky provided very closely - we wrote our review at the end of week 14 - I had a nice jump in the first 6 week period, stayed flat throughout the second 8 weeks until the very last 2 workouts where I had a noticeable 2 percent jump in SS - I've  plateaued again and quite frankly my last two workouts this week and range session yesterday were a bit slow - more like the end of level 1.  That's also very normal and discouraging.  Fortunately I know to expect this and will just plod right through.

I appreciate sirchunksalot wanting to see 120 - I hope he does - I don't see it in the cards for me - I'd be tickled pink if I could get the green to 115 at some point (that's my lightest stick) and get my SS averaged to be 100 on the radar which would be 96,97 on track man.  Right now I'm holding firm between 92-95 on the Voice Caddy - that is a huge jump from the 84 that I was at a year ago and 88 at the start of our SS training - I can't begin to tell you the difference it makes when you are driving between 225-235 when before it was 210-220.  Its huge!

Also Daisy's comments to sirchunks are a huge deal - I think that may have been lost on us a bit throughout the training - those last three swings with the lightest club are the money balls - they are supposed to be the fastest ones.  Normally they are for me.  Today they were not - I chalk that up to being tired.  I don't feel tired but I hit a ton of balls on the range yesterday so I'm golf tired.  I'm playing tomorrow and am going to do a workout Monday so that I get the "extra" day off between that workout and the one of Thursday.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

According to SuperSpeed the initial jump should become permanent in approximately 6-8 weeks.  Here is the chart they included in the MGS case study article from a few months ago.
sstrainingcycles1200.jpg.ffed1dd1aecc9590238ecba9775c41c7.jpg
Keep in mind these are just averages and it could be an additional time period for your speeds to really normalize.  It also depends on how warmed up you are.  Just like a round on the course your starting speed on hole 1 will be much slower than hole 9 if you don't hit the range and stretch a little before the first tee.
Yeah I've been trying to stay consistent with my warmup. I do a 5 min walk on the treadmill then I do the superspeed warmup. Week 4 I had what I'm guessing was an outlier swing where I got it close to my ending number but the trend line doesn't recognize it. Maybe week 9 wil be my jump week .

On 1/18/2019 at 5:11 PM, sirchunksalot said:

@MikeLambert, keep up the great work! Those driver swing speeds without a ball are awesome! I don't think you'll have any problem reaching your target of 90 mph when there's a ball there. Everything I've heard and read has said that you're actually slower when swinging without a ball. I'm really curious to see where you're at.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks @sirchunksalot - much appreciated!

I think you are right about not having a problem getting to 90 with a ball there...I played a round of indoor golf yesterday, and the drives I hit well off the tee registered between 190 and 195 yards, which looks like around 90 mph on the club head speed graph that came with the radar.  My swing is a bit all over the place, but that's OK for now since I'm just concentrating on speed.

I figure there are 3 things I need to do to improve my driving:  (1) speed, which I'm doing here, (2) hitting the ball on the sweet spot, and (3) hit the ball more on the upswing to get a higher launch angle.  I'll be able to start working on 2 and 3 in the spring, and maybe 2 or 3 rounds a month of indoor simulated golf over the next 2 months or so will help a little).  My birthday is in March and I can order, uh...I mean ask my wife to get me a SC200 Voice Caddy (and a couple of cans of Dr Scholl's spray for my driver) just in time to be able to start getting outside.  I noticed where @revkev mentioned he was getting around 210 - 220 yds at about 88 mph, so makes me think that if I can improve in all three of those areas, I should be able to get into that neighborhood if I work at it.

23 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Yeah I've been trying to stay consistent with my warmup. I do a 5 min walk on the treadmill then I do the superspeed warmup. Week 4 I had what I'm guessing was an outlier swing where I got it close to my ending number but the trend line doesn't recognize it. Maybe week 9 wil be my jump week emoji1696.png.

I'm sure you'll get there.  I try to keep my own numbers in perspective - this is a 70 week program, so the initial day-to-day ups and downs don't seem too bad on a slow day.

Started week 17 today and almost waited when I saw this:
20190120_154849-01.jpeg
The starting temperature was 31 degrees, which is right at the high for today. I did dress well for the occasion, so well that I felt like an onion or parfait depending on whether you're asking Shrek or Donkey. Layers. I actually broke a pretty good sweat despite the cooler weather.

My speeds were good today with highs of 113, 109, and 105 dominant and 108, 108, 99 non dominant.

20190120_151934-01.jpeg

@MikeLambert, it sounds like you had a good indoor session today, keep it up. I feel you on the launch angle, I averaged 197 my last round with a SS of 93 mph due to hitting the ball high. It's something I'll also work on once the weather is nicer. Plus, I'm trying to talk the better half into a new driver, I'm thinking G400 or F9. Mine's just not cutting it anymore.

IMG_1581.JPG

Chilly breezy day today. Lots of layers. I had no drives under 210 even into the wind and ripped one 264. Down wind? Yes but it was wet, very wet. So that was mostly carry. Longest drive without hitting a cart path or lots or roll in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1581.thumb.JPG.0515196bdf9cd474c367f74b1f82f669.JPG

Chilly breezy day today. Lots of layers. I had no drives under 210 even into the wind and ripped one 264. Down wind? Yes but it was wet, very wet. So that was mostly carry. Longest drive without hitting a cart path or lots or roll in a long time.

That's awesome Rev! Having none under 210 is a great showing, especially having to hit into the wind. That 264...nice.

It’s currently 0 degrees here with a wind chill of -12. I’m trying to think of nice words to say but it is extremely difficult right now. The most I can muster is “Nice job Rev”.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

Nice Rev! I'd love to pick these up come spring time when I have time and at least some warmer temperatures. Right now as I look over it's -6. We will be lucky to hit 10 today.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Looking outside this morning and seeing the sun, it looks like a great day to hit the course.
20190121_081924-01.jpeg
Then, looking at the weather channel and realizing it's 17 degrees with a wind chill of 4, that's a no go. It's not northern cold, but here in the south it's pretty chilly. Guess I'll have to spend my day off looking at golf shops.

It’s currently 0 degrees here with a wind chill of -12. I’m trying to think of nice words to say but it is extremely difficult right now. The most I can muster is “Nice job Rev”.

I’ve been there and done that Bucky. Did six full winters years in beautiful Sheboygan along with the twelve days of summer that came with - those days were magnificent. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Just finished up my final week of the Level 2 training protocols. Better late than never I suppose! Should have my Stage 2 review finalized and up as soon as I can make it out to the range to measure my current driver speed. Sorry for making you all wait an extra couple weeks! I hope the wait will be worth it! 🙃

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I’m curious as to whether or not anyone has done a workout without the radar.

I don’t know why I’m curious about but I am. Going to use the gym at work for today’s workout

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I’m curious as to whether or not anyone has done a workout without the radar.

I don’t know why I’m curious about but I am. Going to use the gym at work for today’s workout

Not a full workout, but since I have switched from doing the kneeling swings to the modified swings (feet together and swing horizontal), I am not able to use the radar since I am swinging so far above the unit. As we continue on into the 3rd protocol and beyond, I may throw in full workouts without the radar, or at least without writing down numbers, to speed up the process.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

@Kegger, I'm looking forward to hearing your review.
@revkev, I haven't done one without the radar. I came close, fortunately Amazon has two day shipping with Prime and my replacement showed up on time. If it had not, I would have listened to the advice you gave and done the workout.

IMG_1593.JPGIMG_1594.JPG

Nice to have a gym at your disposal but note to self - put a mat down when doing these workouts. I’ve done an indoor workout at a hotel fitness center and a couple at the club fitness center.

The floor is slippery enough that traction was tough - my speed was a little down because of that. It shows you how important the ground really is to speed.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 1/18/2019 at 6:26 AM, Mike Lambert said:

OK, just finished level 1:

2019-01-18_9-03-04.jpg.53642f757926cb4e0c64928d7af385f8.jpg

Those driver swings were without actually hitting a ball (but then again, so was the initial 84).  It'll be interesting to see how that translates to real life, I imagine I'll have to remind myself to swing fast, not to mention practice to maintain control.  If that translates to about 90, I'll be very happy.  My goal when I started was to get to around 90 when I can start playing again in early to mid April, it seems like I'm about there already.  On to phase 2 to start to lock in these gains!

Good job!!   Your Level 1 numbers look almost exactly like mine!! 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Taking a break from the protocol this week and next.  Here in Phoenix it was 67º today after 75º yesterday.  I would love to see what my speeds would be in this warm weather, but I wasn't going to haul the clubs with me on the airplane.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Taking a break from the protocol this week and next.  Here in Phoenix it was 67º today after 75º yesterday.  I would love to see what my speeds would be in this warm weather, but I wasn't going to haul the clubs with me on the airplane.  

I'm out of commission for this week as well.  Visiting my brother who is hospitalized.  Even though I'll be down in Florida, I'm not going to be able to break away.  I'll pick things up next week.  (A little iffy as far as my flight taking off from Milwaukee tomorrow evening, as they're expecting a new round of snow.)

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

Safe travels Kenny and Calypso -

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm out of commission for this week as well.  Visiting my brother who is hospitalized.  Even though I'll be down in Florida, I'm not going to be able to break away.  I'll pick things up next week.  (A little iffy as far as my flight taking off from Milwaukee tomorrow evening, as they're expecting a new round of snow.)
Sorry to hear about your brother, our thoughts are prayers are with you.

For you guys doing the training inside what kind of shoes are you using? I have tried a pair of Nikes and New Balances but the repeated motion is making the sole come off on both. Tried a pair of golf shoes on a rug and had the same problem as rev with not getting good traction, took about 3-5 mph off.

13 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

For you guys doing the training inside what kind of shoes are you using? I have tried a pair of Nikes and New Balances but the repeated motion is making the sole come off on both. Tried a pair of golf shoes on a rug and had the same problem as rev with not getting good traction, took about 3-5 mph off.

I always use my workout shoes for the SuperSpeed training (Nike Metcon 4).  I wouldn't recommend using them as running shoes, but they've been great for pretty much every other type of exercise.

I have sketcher sneakers that I use indoors - outdoors I use an older pair of golf shoes. I’ve not had attraction issue in fitness centers with mats in them - but the bare gym floor was a bit issue yesterday afternoon. I may try the gym again on Thursday (we are supposed to have rain), if I do I will take down a mat to stand on.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

14 hours ago, Calypso55 said:

Hope your trip goes smoothly with the weather and your brother is OK.  

12 hours ago, tchat07 said:

I just use a pair of old Nike sneakers, cross-trainers of some sort.  Since I'm doing the training in the garage, I haven't had any issues with slipping, and also haven't had any trouble with the soles coming loose.  Maybe that means I'm not swinging hard enough 😉