Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Ok guys. Good call on getting the swing speed radar to track my progress. Before I was just listening to the swoosh with no music in the background. I could hear the fast ones...they made a different noise. The swing speed radar is definitely more objective....and I can listen to music now since I don’t have to listen for the swoosh. Today was my first day using the radar on the second session of my Level 1 training protocol.  Still have a cold so I was quite winded again during this session just like the last one. I also hope I am faster than I measured today and my illness is slowing me down. Lol!  
Here are my fastest numbers for each session.
R.    L
Kneeling. G:  94. 80
                  B:  87. 76
                  R:  80. 79
Standing. G:  106. 97
                   B:  100. 99
                   R:  96. 80
Step Change. G:  109. 97
                          B:  104. 85
                          R:  94. 85
Standing final swings. 106

I bet you see lots of increases in speed now that you have the radar - it really pushes you. (Or at least it does me.)

I even use mine for the dynamic warm up swings. I love to challenge myself to hit ascending numbers on each swing 1-10. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 2/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, cnosil said:

I need to build myself a garage!!!!!!

I have a garage but the ceiling isn't high enough.  😢

I don't know when I can get back to training.  Keeps snowing every other day and it never gets above freezing!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, revkev said:

I bet you see lots of increases in speed now that you have the radar - it really pushes you. (Or at least it does me.)

I even use mine for the dynamic warm up swings. I love to challenge myself to hit ascending numbers on each swing 1-10. 🙂

Yes.  I saw yesterday how “addictive” it can be to try to beat a number with each swing. I am sure you are right about SS increases. I like your dynamic warm up idea. Very cool.

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

17 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Mike, if you're interested then I would recommend checking out BodiTrak's website as they have good information on their insights page too. Lots of articles to read: https://www.boditraksports.com/insights/. If you have any questions about the ground or how to individualize your speed training please feel free to email me [email protected] I would be happy to help.

Hi Daisy - thanks so much for all your feedback.  I scanned through the BodiTrak site last night (watched your video!) and will dig in more in the few days, thanks for sending that along.  Very cool stuff!

I’ll definitely drop you an email for suggestions, really appreciate the offer.  I can use all the help I can get!  

Your comment about setting speed goals was great, I hadn’t thought about specific numbers for the most part, but it makes sense and I tried it last night - my previous fastest swing was 110, so I tried for 112 and actually hit a 115 on the green standing swings, so adjusting that up to 120.   Also have a goal of breaking 100 on the red sticks, got close with a 99.

8 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Do yall she jumps on the radar during sessions? Recently I have been getting 10 mph differences on swings and I'm not sure if it's an error or I just really grooved it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yep, I do, although as time goes by, the big differences don’t happen quite as much.  But just last night I saw one set that was something like 89, 98, 95.  If I get a reading that seems way off, I usually do an extra swing, or just ignore it and write down 2 numbers instead of 3

16 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Mike,

Glad you got the ASD protocols. Our online certification has 3 levels all filled with awesome information (although I am biased because I built it) that is useful for coaches AND SuperSpeed users. It will highlight common mistakes, best practices for training and then in levels 2&3 we delve into the biomechanics behind the 3 components of speed: ground force mechanics, rotational sequencing and lag. We have had a lot of novice SuperSpeed users join the pre-sign up list wanting to learn more about the game, not just coaches!!! www.superspeedcertified.com.

If you can't do the tests for the ASD's, or if you don't have a coach go ahead and implement all 3. It wont hurt you! Replace 1/3 training days with the ASD-1 Change Up Protocol for 6 weeks and then move onto ASD-2 for 6 weeks and then ASD-3. Don't be concerned if you run into level 4.

All the new protocol videos and instruction sheets will be on our new up and coming website in due course!

ASD Instruction Manual.pdf

Thanks, I’ll take a look at the certification info.

11 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Do yall she jumps on the radar during sessions? Recently I have been getting 10 mph differences on swings and I'm not sure if it's an error or I just really grooved it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yep - sure do - especially on some of the step drills where timing is everything.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I fell off the training wagon the last few weeks and, after talking with Daisy, have made the decision to restart my Level 3 training. We also had a good conversation about setting goals and she has challenged me to increase my peak training speeds (which for me came mostly at the end of the first 6 weeks) by an additional 5 mph. I also decided to set a goal to increase my average driver speed by the same 5 mph over the course of the Level 3 training. This would bring my speed to just over 101 mph if achieved. I've seen individual driver swings as high as 103, so I am hopeful that I have some extra untapped speed potential just waiting to burst through...

My goals for each club for level 3 are:

• Green: 130 Right / 113 Left
  • Blue: 121 Right / 109 Left
  • Red: 118 Right / 108 Left

These speeds are a little intimidating if I'm being honest... Because I had a drop off in training speeds during my level 2, these goals are 10 mph+ higher than my ending speeds at the 14th week! I am hoping that this drop was largely due to the muddy ground and that my speeds will bounce back as the ground firms up.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

We have a new guy on our professional staff at the club.  He is a trainer in his other life.  I was talking to him about ordering my golf balls for the year and started to explain SuperSpeed.  (He's from Argentina so English is his second language.)  After I started he completely understood what I was talking about and told me that there is someone at the other facility that he works at who does SuperSpeed training with clients.  His eyes popped when I told him how much driver SS I've gained.  One of the other pros was there and told him that he saw it for himself on the range last week and couldn't believe it. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I've been a little slack on training this week, so much so that I'm contemplating early Friday, late Saturday training. I know it's not recommended, but can be allowed if circumstances dictate. I skipped out yesterday to go to the driving range and today to get a round in after work. I'm blaming the new driver, it is a seductive temptress.

I have found that I really don't get along with range mats when it comes to hitting driver as they tend to cause my ball to be too high and lead to pop up drives. Note to self: buy shorter tees for the range. I usually try to hit of the turf, but due to wet conditions it's hard to.

The G400 is a beast! It was windy and wet today and I still had some good drives. My best carried 239 without rollout and I had another that was right at 230. I can't wait for drier weather to get some roll. Between SuperSpeed and the driver I'm feeling like I'm gonna hit some bombs.
@Kegger, I'm glad to hear that you are setting some big time goals. I believe you can do it. I can sympathize with you on the mud, it's a little sketchy when you're swinging out of your shoes and don't have the best footing. I am looking forward to hearing about your gains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

@SuperSpeed Golf and anyone following the program:

Can you offer a correlation between stick speed in different colors and actual driver speed? The MGS article mentions 118-120 mph with the green stick translating to roughly 100 mph with a driver. Using that as a basis, does it offer a 1:1 correlation as the speeds increase? For example, does a 128-130 mph green stick average speed correlate with a ~110 mph average driver speed?

I understand there are a lot of factors in play here beyond the sticks, but I was curious what kind of potential I have. I just started the protocol this week and have some early numbers. I am curious to see what those numbers translate to and what goals I can set for myself. I'm still at least four weeks away from hitting outside, though I expect to have a least a few more sessions in a heated range yet during that time period.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

33 minutes ago, edingc said:

@SuperSpeed Golf and anyone following the program:

Can you offer a correlation between stick speed in different colors and actual driver speed? The MGS article mentions 118-120 mph with the green stick translating to roughly 100 mph with a driver. Using that as a basis, does it offer a 1:1 correlation as the speeds increase? For example, does a 128-130 mph green stick average speed correlate with a ~110 mph average driver speed?

I understand there are a lot of factors in play here beyond the sticks, but I was curious what kind of potential I have. I just started the protocol this week and have some early numbers. I am curious to see what those numbers translate to and what goals I can set for myself. I'm still at least four weeks away from hitting outside, though I expect to have a least a few more sessions in a heated range yet during that time period.

I'm not sure if this is something I found on SuperSpeed's website or if it was said in a call at one point, but these are the numbers I have written down for training stick to driver speed correlation.

Green 19%, Blue 15%, Red 12%.  My max training numbers versus actual driver speed is right on to the projections.  If I had done this three weeks ago it would have been different though as I just recently saw my 2nd big jump during week 16 or 17 of the training.

image.png.6f3176b2eca049f126a659df41b6afc4.png

My driver speed was based on a day where I did not do the SuperSpeed program but did warm up before swining.  On days when I test my driver right after training I've hit higher numbers that are probably not realistic at this point.  It's a good ballpark tool but I wouldn't get upset if your numbers end up off by a decent amount.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

27 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I'm not sure if this is something I found on SuperSpeed's website or if it was said in a call at one point, but these are the numbers I have written down for training stick to driver speed correlation.

Green 19%, Blue 15%, Red 12%.  My max training numbers versus actual driver speed is right on to the projections.  If I had done this three weeks ago it would have been different though as I just recently saw my 2nd big jump during week 16 or 17 of the training.

My driver speed was based on a day where I did not do the SuperSpeed program but did warm up before swining.  On days when I test my driver right after training I've hit higher numbers that are probably not realistic at this point.  It's a good ballpark tool but I wouldn't get upset if your numbers end up off by a decent amount.

That’s pretty cool, thanks for posting that!  I just plugged it into my spreadsheet and it really makes my first bump up much more clear.  I just finished my 10th week, and using the projected driver speed, things were pretty steady but trending slightly up weeks 1 - 7, then a little more increase weeks 8 & 9, and now a nice bump this week, almost 9% over the average projected driver speed the first 9 weeks.

Pretty cool.

59 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

This is awesome. Thanks! I know what I need to work toward now.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

21 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

After a very good range session, I did 8 swings with the driver using the SS radar. Average on those 8 swings was 104, with a low of 101 and high of 108. At least so far my actual driver speed is a pretty decent amount above what my correlated projections would be. I'm about to start week 8, and my speeds look like this....

image.png

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Week 20 in the books for me - big jump in my SuperSpeed workout SS's this week as I set records in every category.  Of note I finally crossed over the 100 mph barrier on a kneeling swing - of course it had to be left handed because, why not?  I attribute this to the ASD 2 that I'm doing which is the recoil one.

I know lots of you are looking forward to the Spring.  It's coming - I can tell you - they're playing baseball here which is the first sign of it! 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Well. It happened. I have an overuse injury in my left arm. Golfers elbow. It is the kneeling swings from the left hand side which irritate it. The regular left handed swings don’t bother it. As such....I will be modifying my regimen. No kneeling swings for me. I have a disease called OLD (48 years).  

I am still stoked however. Injuries happen. 

Right Handed. 

1 hour ago, joen said:

Well. It happened. I have an overuse injury in my left arm. Golfers elbow. It is the kneeling swings from the left hand side which irritate it. The regular left handed swings don’t bother it. As such....I will be modifying my regimen. No kneeling swings for me. I have a disease called OLD (48 years).  

I am still stoked however. Injuries happen. 

You can derive benefit from standing with your feet together - not quite as much as kneeling but it works the same muscle groups.  Perhaps try that until your elbow heals.  My left arm used to give me some gruff over aggressive swinging.  I discerned that it was never anything serious, just some aching because I had never done that before.  Now its fine.  Perhaps you will work your way into those swings too.  After all if you have OLD disease, I have much OLDER (62). 

Good luck and I would say you are being smart to be cautious.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

41 minutes ago, revkev said:

You can derive benefit from standing with your feet together - not quite as much as kneeling but it works the same muscle groups.  Perhaps try that until your elbow heals.  My left arm used to give me some gruff over aggressive swinging.  I discerned that it was never anything serious, just some aching because I had never done that before.  Now its fine.  Perhaps you will work your way into those swings too.  After all if you have OLD disease, I have much OLDER (62). 

Good luck and I would say you are being smart to be cautious.

Thanks @revkev

That is great advice!  I appreciate it immensely. Yeah. I was hoping that eventually I would be able to do the kneeling swings...,but I will do feet together as a substitute for the time being. 

Sorry....I didn’t realize you were in the more advanced stages of the disease. Lol. 

Right Handed. 

Thanks [mention=16651]revkev[/mention]
That is great advice!  I appreciate it immensely. Yeah. I was hoping that eventually I would be able to do the kneeling swings...,but I will do feet together as a substitute for the time being. 
Sorry....I didn’t realize you were in the more advanced stages of the disease. Lol. 

That’s alright, Kenny has us beat by a mile. 🤫

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

The feet together drill doesn’t seem to irritate the left arm. I am wearing a brace on the left arm until it heals. Also doing some physio on the area. Thanks again for the advice!  This does seem to work the same muscles....not quite as effectively as kneeling swings, but it is better than not working them. 

Session was kind of blah today until my last three swings with green which went 111....112....113. 

I was flying drivers 230-240 at golf show this morning on the simulators.  SS was around 100 for the driver the whole time. This is going to be a big difference this year!

Right Handed. 

Joen,

I have had similar injuries with swingspeed in the past and I don't really have a great solve.  I think the awkwardness of swinging with the left arm dominant must trigger a reaction.  I am stretching my back and shoulders before swinging this year. I just started as my season does not really start until April.   Best of luck to you.

Joen,
I have had similar injuries with swingspeed in the past and I don't really have a great solve.  I think the awkwardness of swinging with the left arm dominant must trigger a reaction.  I am stretching my back and shoulders before swinging this year. I just started as my season does not really start until April.   Best of luck to you.

Do you use the dynamic warm up before starting your workouts?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 2/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, GregB135 said:

After a very good range session, I did 8 swings with the driver using the SS radar. Average on those 8 swings was 104, with a low of 101 and high of 108. At least so far my actual driver speed is a pretty decent amount above what my correlated projections would be. I'm about to start week 8, and my speeds look like this....

image.png

Thanks for adding your experience. I would love to have a driver speed to correlate to right now, but Michigan weather isn't allowing me any range time. Your results have me excited to see my actual driver speed when the weather finally turns!

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

Looks like I'm going to have to push week 21 back a week due to weather. I could get tonight's workout in but the rest of the week is going to be a wash. I've been very fortunate throughout this process to have been able to get the training in, but my luck just ran out.

Rain, and lots of it is heading my way the rest of the week. Screenshot_20190218-165853_The%20Weather%20Channel-01.jpeg

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back on the SuperSpeed train next week.

22 hours ago, Fezzler said:

Joen,

Thanks.  The arm will heal. It really doesn’t hurt with the other swings. I warm up.  I am already in good shape. In any exercise where you push your body to the max...you will get injured at some point. It is inevitable. You just need to manage it instead of trying to push through it. Good luck to you as you resume your regimen. 

11 hours ago, revkev said:

Do you use the dynamic warm up before starting your workouts?

Yes I do the warmups. 

Right Handed. 

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Looks like I'm going to have to push week 21 back a week due to weather. I could get tonight's workout in but the rest of the week is going to be a wash. I've been very fortunate throughout this process to have been able to get the training in, but my luck just ran out.

Rain, and lots of it is heading my way the rest of the week. Screenshot_20190218-165853_The%20Weather%20Channel-01.jpeg

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back on the SuperSpeed train next week.

You could totally start water swing speed....much like water aerobics. Lol.  

Right Handed.