TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

I'm guilty of taking extra swings after the sessions on some occasions. This training becomes addictive after a while and I'll just want more. Sometimes I'll just use it when I have an off day to try to diagnose where I can improve and get faster.
@Revkev, I second that on the kneeling swings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm guilty of taking extra swings after the sessions on some occasions. This training becomes addictive after a while and I'll just want more. Sometimes I'll just use it when I have an off day to try to diagnose where I can improve and get faster.

It is addictive and definitely a way to motivate yourself which is why the radar is so crucial.  I am always disappointed when my last swing of a group is slower than the previous.  I can see myself doing the entire protocol more than once,  but I know it does take a fair amount of effort to swing fast over the entire protocol.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had to go to my sister's house today and check on things as she recently had her renter move out. She's living up in Knoxville and I'm thinking about purchasing her place to move my mother-in-law closer to us. One of the best things about her place is she has a detached garage that is plenty spacious for SuperSpeed training on rainy days, so I took advantage of it.

I thought it would be a great chance to get some video and check my sequencing with the half swing drill.

I took a couple of screenshots at the top of my swing, and I apologize for the quality of the pictures since they were taken from video then I downsized them.

Here's my full swing where I'm channeling my inner John Daly:
20190309_163106-01.jpeg

Here's what I felt was a half swing:
20190309_163145-01.jpeg

I'm going to have to rethink what I believe to be a half swing, as that's as long as the backswing I had before starting the training. It's amazing how much more flexibility I've gained with the warm-up and through training.

I had to go to my sister's house today and check on things as she recently had her renter move out. She's living up in Knoxville and I'm thinking about purchasing her place to move my mother-in-law closer to us. One of the best things about her place is she has a detached garage that is plenty spacious for SuperSpeed training on rainy days, so I took advantage of it.

I thought it would be a great chance to get some video and check my sequencing with the half swing drill.

I took a couple of screenshots at the top of my swing, and I apologize for the quality of the pictures since they were taken from video then I downsized them.

Here's my full swing where I'm channeling my inner John Daly:
20190309_163106-01.jpeg.61c7a3f4557a6a24269b714a1d55a261.jpeg

Here's what I felt was a half swing:
20190309_163145-01.jpeg.d9539ef7e909a9ed108a8428a05df972.jpeg

I'm going to have to rethink what I believe to be a half swing, as that's as long as the backswing I had before starting the training. It's amazing how much more flexibility I've gained with the warm-up and through training.

Completely agree, I think that is one of the added benefits of the program is certain areas become more flexible. Only area I've seen a problem with is my wrists have become a lot tighter, I concentrate extra on them during the warmup to prevent injury.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Weight training your swing will no doubt work. Its COMMITTING to training that improves you overall. You do not NEED this device to improve your swing speed but it will help. practice practice practice

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Fastest number yet to date. I got 116 with left handed step change swing and with regular swing at end of session right handed with green club. So cool!

530AF4FE-CB84-4C4E-8990-CF67EF007608.jpeg

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Nice Joen

I must say that I played my club today - first round there this year - only 4th round this year period and my other three were at reciprocals.

Oh my!!!

I moved back 1/2 set of tees - hit longest driver ever on 4 (into the wind), 7 and 18. Had an Eagle chip on 7, lipped out. Shot 79 with a stinking lousy 7 on 9. :(

But to have 6 iron into 18 (420 par 4 that’s a clone of 18 at Sawgrass) and a decision of whether to go for it or lay up on 2 of the par 5’s (went for 1, layed up on 17 - too much risk). Birdied back to back holes.

I’ve seen the potential of these yardage gains - now that DST is here I can play more and take advantage - I want to get back below a 2.0 - Now I have the potential.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

19 minutes ago, revkev said:

Nice Joen

I must say that I played my club today - first round there this year - only 4th round this year period and my other three were at reciprocals.

Oh my!!!

I moved back 1/2 set of tees - hit longest driver ever on 4 (into the wind), 7 and 18. Had an Eagle chip on 7, lipped out. Shot 79 with a stinking lousy 7 on 9. 😞

But to have 6 iron into 18 (420 par 4 that’s a clone of 18 at Sawgrass) and a decision of whether to go for it or lay up on 2 of the par 5’s (went for 1, layed up on 17 - too much risk). Birdied back to back holes.

I’ve seen the potential of these yardage gains - now that DST is here I can play more and take advantage - I want to get back below a 2.0 - Now I have the potential.

Rev,

That is awesome. It is no wonder that Hank Haney always says that your length is the number one determinant of your potential. This should be a fun year for you. Handicap of two sounds well within reach.

I am playing in Florida next week. I am looking forward to the looks on my buddies faces when I blow it by them off the tee.

Right Handed. 

Question for you guys:

Golf trip to Florida on Sunday for six days. I don’t want to miss any workouts. Should I take all three Superspeed sticks.....or just take one to conserve weight in my golf bag and modify the workout with only one stick?  I am torn, but I definitely don’t want to regress. 

What say the players gallery?

Right Handed. 

If it were me, I'd take all 3.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@Joen - I've travelled a couple of times and have taken all three if it was going to mean missing a workout.  Workout wise it's better to do the workout prior to playing - playing wise its better to play before working out.  You make that call.

Where will you be playing?  I know that we are expected to have a cool down this upcoming weekend but a cool down this time of year means low 70's in my part of the state - If the cold front comes with wind the Players is going to be a hoot on Saturday. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

4 hours ago, joen said:

Question for you guys:

Golf trip to Florida on Sunday for six days. I don’t want to miss any workouts. Should I take all three Superspeed sticks.....or just take one to conserve weight in my golf bag and modify the workout with only one stick?  I am torn, but I definitely don’t want to regress. 

What say the players gallery?

I’m with Matt, take all 3.

10 hours ago, MattF said:

If it were me, I'd take all 3.

The jury is in....all three will make the trip with me.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

I’m with Matt, take all 3.

All three it is. Thanks.

Right Handed. 

7 hours ago, revkev said:

@Joen - I've travelled a couple of times and have taken all three if it was going to mean missing a workout.  Workout wise it's better to do the workout prior to playing - playing wise its better to play before working out.  You make that call.

Where will you be playing?  I know that we are expected to have a cool down this upcoming weekend but a cool down this time of year means low 70's in my part of the state - If the cold front comes with wind the Players is going to be a hoot on Saturday. 🙂

Rev,

We will be in Orlando.  We will be playing Champions Gate three times. We are hitting Providence Golf Club somewhere near Tampa so we can catch a Yankees spring training game.  We will be spending a day at Grand Cypress and a day at Shingle Creek.  Seventies will feel like a hundred degrees compared to upstate New York weather. 

I will probably do the workout out first thing in the morning. Thanks for your thoughts on the timing. We always eat after golf and sometimes don’t get back to condo late at night so I think workout first thing in the day is best. 

Right Handed. 

So, I sent an email to Daisy after getting my G400 LST about differences in swing speed between my old (279 grams) and my new (313 grams) drivers. She asked me to do a comparison session and send her the data and so far I've done two totaling 15 shots with each.

With the Ping, during the first session of ten shots I had swings of 95, 92, 93, 96, 95, 93, 96, 93, 92, and 94 for a total of 939.

The second session of five swings I had speeds of 94, 95, 96, 96, and 95 for a total of 476.

Total for 15 swings 1415 for an average of 94.33 mph.

With my TaylorMade, during the first session of ten shots I had swings of 92, 96, 92, 92, 94, 96, 94, 90, 92, 94 for a total of 932.

The second session of five swings I had speeds of 95, 97, 100, 97, and 93 for a total of 482.

Total of 15 swings 1414 for an average of 94.26 mph.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's no real difference between the two drivers. I do plan on comparing the two drivers a few more times just to make sure a have enough data points to make an informed decision.

By the time I finished testing yesterday, I had four range balls left in the bucket and hit them with the Ping. I had shots of 99, 100, 101, and 92. That's a 98 mph average to finish off the range session! The 92 was disappointing, but overall I'll take that average any day of the week!

46 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

So, I sent an email to Daisy after getting my G400 LST about differences in swing speed between my old (279 grams) and my new (313 grams) drivers. She asked me to do a comparison session and send her the data and so far I've done two totaling 15 shots with each.

With the Ping, during the first session of ten shots I had swings of 95, 92, 93, 96, 95, 93, 96, 93, 92, and 94 for a total of 939.

The second session of five swings I had speeds of 94, 95, 96, 96, and 95 for a total of 476.

Total for 15 swings 1415 for an average of 94.33 mph.

With my TaylorMade, during the first session of ten shots I had swings of 92, 96, 92, 92, 94, 96, 94, 90, 92, 94 for a total of 932.

The second session of five swings I had speeds of 95, 97, 100, 97, and 93 for a total of 482.

Total of 15 swings 1414 for an average of 94.26 mph.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's no real difference between the two drivers. I do plan on comparing the two drivers a few more times just to make sure a have enough data points to make an informed decision.

By the time I finished testing yesterday, I had four range balls left in the bucket and hit them with the Ping. I had shots of 99, 100, 101, and 92. That's a 98 mph average to finish off the range session! The 92 was disappointing, but overall I'll take that average any day of the week!

Did you have better dispersion patterns with one over the other?

Right Handed. 

Started week 3 of training today.  Weather was a bit warmer so I think that helped with my speeds but I was able to beat all my previous high numbers.  My left handed swings are up about 10 MPH with each club since week one and I feel somewhat coordinated with the lefty swings.  I guess it is my competitive nature,  but I am eager to do each session and see if I can beat my previous numbers.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, joen said:

Seventies will feel like a hundred degrees compared to upstate New York weather. 

What part of Upstate are you from joen?  I grew up near Glens Falls and went to college in Syracuse.  Believe it or not, I still love snow...

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Started week 3 of training today.  Weather was a bit warmer so I think that helped with my speeds but I was able to beat all my previous high numbers.  My left handed swings are up about 10 MPH with each club since week one and I feel somewhat coordinated with the lefty swings.  I guess it is my competitive nature,  but I am eager to do each session and see if I can beat my previous numbers.    

Nice!

Here’s something I hope to avoid in the future:  had to get up at 4:45 this morning (on top of losing an hour to daylight savings time), had a long day, so didn’t get to the protocol until 8 PM.  Didn’t want to skip it because the past 2 weeks I’ve only been able to do two sessions a week.  I was really dragging through this one, but still glad I got it in.

9 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

What part of Upstate are you from joen?  I grew up near Glens Falls and went to college in Syracuse.  Believe it or not, I still love snow...

We live in a suburb of Syracuse called Liverpool. I dont know if I love snow lol, but spring, summer, and fall here are wonderful. We also have a bunch of good golf courses all around the area. 

8 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

Here’s something I hope to avoid in the future:  had to get up at 4:45 this morning (on top of losing an hour to daylight savings time), had a long day, so didn’t get to the protocol until 8 PM.  Didn’t want to skip it because the past 2 weeks I’ve only been able to do two sessions a week.  I was really dragging through this one, but still glad I got it in.

That sounds painful. 

Right Handed. 

Warmer weather headed my way, too, but I tweaked a muscle in my left lower back area (not doing the protocol) and am having to take a week or two off while it rests. Disappointing. Hopefully the progress I made stays with me.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Oh boy - lots to respond to here.

@ JoeN - I'm an Ithaca College Bomber through and through so I know your neck of the woods well.  Once had a call to serve in Auburn - I cried like a baby when I decline it - just wasn't the right time for me to leave where I was at.  And I can see the Yankee Spring training site right out Penny's hospital room (its IVIG day) today.  I have a member who is one of their minor league trainers - we are going to see the Phillies next week on him - that's not the game you'll be at by any chance, is it?

@csnoil - me too with that competitive thing - every swing that is not as fast as the last swing is a challenge to ramp it up. 🙂

@sirchunksalot - Driver swing speed is one thing - ball speed is king!  You don't have a device other than the radar do you?  I think you'll find that the ball speed and distance of the Ping is far superior to the Taylor Made that you had.   I'm sure all of us have had the experience that our best drives come on shots where our driver swing speed is a bit off our max.  Higher smash factor, faster ball speed, longer hits. 

I'm curious to as how every is doing in regards to their ball striking.  Mine continues to improve - a lot more of my driver strikes are d1.47 or up on my Voice Caddy. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

@sirchunksalot - Driver swing speed is one thing - ball speed is king!  You don't have a device other than the radar do you?  I think you'll find that the ball speed and distance of the Ping is far superior to the Taylor Made that you had.   I'm sure all of us have had the experience that our best drives come on shots where our driver swing speed is a bit off our max.  Higher smash factor, faster ball speed, longer hits. 

I'm curious to as how every is doing in regards to their ball striking.  Mine continues to improve - a lot more of my driver strikes are d1.47 or up on my Voice Caddy. 

I don't have anything other than the radar and the nearest launch monitor is thirty minutes from the house, so I haven't gotten that data. You've gotten me curious, though and I'll probably hit one up soon. I have had a couple of shots at the range where the radar picked up the ball speed with the TaylorMade and it registered in the 133 mph range. I haven't had anything like that so far with the Ping, but I can tell a difference in the way it comes offs the face.

5 hours ago, joen said:

We live in a suburb of Syracuse called Liverpool. I dont know if I love snow lol, but spring, summer, and fall here are wonderful. We also have a bunch of good golf courses all around the area.

Oh yeah, I know where Liverpool is.  I knew a couple of kids from Liverpool when I was at SU, and of course used to go to Heid’s once in a while.  I actually spent 2 1/2 summers in Syracuse (my dad changed jobs and the family moved to NJ, so I didn’t have much interest is spending the summers there) so I know what you mean about the beautiful CNY spring, summer and fall weather.  Like Jim Boeheim said, Syracuse is just like Hawaii 6 months a year and the rest of the time we play basketball.

Do you remember Manley Field House, Mike?  Went to a number of games there - pre dome days when Boeheim had hair. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Do you remember Manley Field House, Mike?  Went to a number of games there - pre dome days when Boeheim had hair. 🙂

I do, although the Dome opened my freshman year, so I didn’t get to see any games at Manley.  Boeheim was still wearing those plaid blazers though!

Got to spend time in Manley for some other events though...the big one was the annual MDA dance marathon that went from 8 PM on a Friday to 10 PM Sunday to raise money for Jerry Lewis’ organization. I did that all 4 years, a lot of fun, but kind of exhausting (they let us sleep for 4 hours  Fri & Sat nights).

Edited by Mike Lambert

I do, although the Dome opened my freshman year, so I didn’t get to see any games at Manley.  Boeheim was still wearing those plaid blazers though!
Got to spend time in Manley for some other events though...the big one was the annual MDA dance marathon that went from 8 PM on a Friday to 10 PM Sunday to raise money for Jerry Lewis’ organization. I did that all 4 years, a lot of fun, but kind of exhausting (they let us sleep for 4 hours  Fri & Sat nights).

Manley’s last year was my senior year. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches