Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Ooooh, we just missed each other!

I was at Ithaca though - we would travel to Syracuse the watch games - pre big East of course. Always UConn because my buddy played for them and then a couple of other games.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

7 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

Oh yeah, I know where Liverpool is.  I knew a couple of kids from Liverpool when I was at SU, and of course used to go to Heid’s once in a while.  I actually spent 2 1/2 summers in Syracuse (my dad changed jobs and the family moved to NJ, so I didn’t have much interest is spending the summers there) so I know what you mean about the beautiful CNY spring, summer and fall weather.  Like Jim Boeheim said, Syracuse is just like Hawaii 6 months a year and the rest of the time we play basketball.

Boeheim is a wise man!

54 minutes ago, revkev said:

I was at Ithaca though - we would travel to Syracuse the watch games - pre big East of course. Always UConn because my buddy played for them and then a couple of other games.

Should have never broken up the Big East!

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

10 hours ago, revkev said:

Oh boy - lots to respond to here.

@ JoeN - I'm an Ithaca College Bomber through and through so I know your neck of the woods well.  Once had a call to serve in Auburn - I cried like a baby when I decline it - just wasn't the right time for me to leave where I was at.  And I can see the Yankee Spring training site right out Penny's hospital room (its IVIG day) today.  I have a member who is one of their minor league trainers - we are going to see the Phillies next week on him - that's not the game you'll be at by any chance, is it?

@csnoil - me too with that competitive thing - every swing that is not as fast as the last swing is a challenge to ramp it up. 🙂

@sirchunksalot - Driver swing speed is one thing - ball speed is king!  You don't have a device other than the radar do you?  I think you'll find that the ball speed and distance of the Ping is far superior to the Taylor Made that you had.   I'm sure all of us have had the experience that our best drives come on shots where our driver swing speed is a bit off our max.  Higher smash factor, faster ball speed, longer hits. 

I'm curious to as how every is doing in regards to their ball striking.  Mine continues to improve - a lot more of my driver strikes are d1.47 or up on my Voice Caddy. 

No Rev we will be at the Tampa game!  

Right Handed. 

Love my progress. All my standing regular and step change swings are in the 100s. Hit a new all time high speed for any swing with left handed step change swing. I can taste 120 in the next session or two!

4DBF2658-184B-42A0-95C6-793E4E4127CC.jpeg

Right Handed. 

If anyone here hasn’t seen 30 for 30 requiem for the Big East it’s truly must watch TV.

Had a bizarre workout today. Hit 117 RH, 4 consecutive 104’s with the red club, 111 LH - all kinds of crazy lefty stuff but no consistency. Still big numbers in the book! SuperSpeed would be proud of me and I’m flying high from the for real drives last Sunday - a 250? That’s where I was at 20 years ago,

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

38 minutes ago, Trial&Error said:

How many of you have, or are planning, changes in equipment now based on increased speed?

About to step into garage and warm up for my session this morning 😀

I've thought about the ramifications of the increased speed, especially since all of my equipment is regular flex.

I know my C300s with KBS Tour 90s are weak to flex already based on my research. The last few range sessions I've been fighting a decent-sized draw/borderline hook, but I really think it may be swing related more so than shaft related. I personally like the feeling of the shaft as is, so hopefully I can get away with it for a while.

I'm not going to complain, however, should I find myself "needing" new equipment!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I went through a fitting and changed driver shafts to a different model, but still the same stiff flex. It’s not a guarantee you’ll need new clubs/shafts since you also have to figure in tempo and other factors than just clubhead speed.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Just as an aside I saw today Phil Mickelson has attributed SS sticks to his increase from 115mph average last few years to 122mph this year. That's some jump!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

4 hours ago, Trial&Error said:

How many of you have, or are planning, changes in equipment now based on increased speed?

About to step into garage and warm up for my session this morning 😀

I'm at about that point - my irons are starting to get away from me a bit (launching too high.)  Driver still seems okay but I suspect I could use something different - we'll see - I received a nice honorarium for a recent funeral that will go into golf equipment - exactly what it will go for is up in the air at this moment based upon a variety of factors including an upcoming demo day fitting, what testing opportunities come up and whether or not I'm selected.

Bottom line is that I know I need to change irons or at least the shaft in my irons to something stronger (whether a heavier R flex or something in an S will be up to my fitter and I)  SuperSpeed has suggested that any equipment change be made during a plateau period and I'm squarely in my second plateau - so now's the time.

Good luck with your training!  Let us know how it goes.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Epilogue

I wanted to post something somewhere to clearly make a point about the value of the SuperSpeed Golf system.  Anyone reading this thread should know by now about the swing speed gains of the group (everyone had significant gains of 5 mph in driver swing speed plus - 5 mph is 10-15 yards or a club - every shot.  Most of us had closer to a 10 mph gain in driver SS).  There are now over 600 touring pros using SuperSpeed and many of us saw Phil  Mickelson swinging his red club to warm up between rain delays at Pebble Beach.  He says he's picked up 6 mph through the training and his official track man numbers are up over 4 mph which is huge - 10 yards or so.

So here's why I'm writing this post and if you find it of value you might direct others to it - I labored with where to put it because it could fit in a lot of different categories before deciding to just leave it here.

Beyond a doubt SuperSpeed is the easiest way to increase your driver distance and at half the cost of a new driver which is unlikely to gain you any distance at all.  Save the money on the driver, do the workouts and get fit for your new driver at the end of the season when the prices come down because your specs will have changed.  It's a sure thing that if you follow the program and stick with it you will gain yardage.  While they don't push this I think all of us will tell you that you will start to become a better ball striker also - or maybe I'm the only one noticing that because I'm the only one who gets to play.

I know that there are a lot of numbers in this thread but here are a few to help make sense of it.  The last two rounds of golf that I've played have been at a course that I hadn't played for a year and my own club that I hadn't played since December (too busy and the few times that I've played have been as a guest at other people's clubs.)  My drives were between 210-225 prior to SuperSpeed - I had moved up a half a set of tees to compensate for the lack of distance but the Innisbrook course that we were on didn't have a suitable set so we played the next to back tees - that meant a stretch of two long (over 400 yards) par 4's and a very long (580 yard) par 5.  I remember playing there prior and not being able to reach one of the par 4's with driver and 4 wood and having driver, 4 wood, 4 hybrid on the par 5.  This time it was driver 7 iron, driver 8 iron, driver, 4 wood, 7 iron on the par 5 into a stiff breeze.

My club has 5 par 4's over 400 yards on it from the white tees - that's what caused me to move to the green/white combo or Senior Championship tees.  This Sunday I moved back a set (the blue/white combo) and took all of the par 5's on.  I had iron into 3 of the 5 when in the past I always had fairway wood or hybrid into all of them.  Three of my drives were my longest ever on the holes that I was playing (and it was fairly wet).  I actually got to try and reach a par 5 in two and having come up just short had a simple chip and tap in for birdie.  

As my playing companion said it's a totally different game - we measured all of my drives except the one that hit a stupid tree (the tree is in the middle of the fairway so don't think horribly wild.)  The were between 230 and 247 - 20 to 25 yards longer with driver and proportionally the same kinds of increases with my irons.  Who knows where that will end up once I get my equipment dialed back in.

So for around $300 and an investment of about an hour and a half a week you can gain between 15-25 yards.  I understand not doing it if you don't have the money but if you are planning to purchase equipment why wouldn't you do this first?  The good weather is coming.  You can do these workouts on the back part of a driving range - after about 26 weeks (the summer period) the gains will be permanent.

There - I've said my piece - good luck and happy golfing!  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Final week of the second protocol is done.  I've been dragging a bit this week, and it shows - all my speeds were down a bit.  It doesn't show as much with only listing the highest speeds, but there were plenty of swings that were down quite a bit from previous weeks. 

Checked my driver speed after as well, it was down compared to after the first protocol (94 to 91), but I've been thinking that 94 was a bit high compared to what my numbers have been all along, so not really concerned - this actually seems more realistic to me, and if I end up settling in around here for a while when I can start playing, I'll be pretty happy since last summer I was in the low 80s. 

Next week starts the double-step, then the following week I have to travel for work, so I'm considering taking the full week off from SS training to rest up a little since my right shoulder, both elbows, and right hand have been a little sore.  Guess we'll see how things go next week.

image.png.0332a49bb6f6dcd693649ccd8cc81231.png

Edited by Mike Lambert

@Mike - you’re in that plateau that many of us experienced during the test. After the initial jump there’s an extended period with no gain or even a slight loss followed by another jump. You’re on the cusp of that jump. You should take the sticks with even if it means you only get in two workouts that week instead of three.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

2 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

Final week of the second protocol is done.  I've been dragging a bit this week, and it shows - all my speeds were down a bit.  It doesn't show as much with only listing the highest speeds, but there were plenty of swings that were down quite a bit from previous weeks. 

Checked my driver speed after as well, it was down compared to after the first protocol (94 to 91), but I've been thinking that 94 was a bit high compared to what my numbers have been all along, so not really concerned - this actually seems more realistic to me, and if I end up settling in around here for a while when I can start playing, I'll be pretty happy since last summer I was in the low 80s. 

Next week starts the double-step, then the following week I have to travel for work, so I'm considering taking the full week off from SS training to rest up a little since my right shoulder, both elbows, and right hand have been a little sore.  Guess we'll see how things go next week.

image.png.0332a49bb6f6dcd693649ccd8cc81231.png

I agree with Rev and Sirchunksalot. Take the clubs with you. 

Right Handed. 

Hey everybody! Sorry for being absent from posting I've been on the bench for a couple of weeks after having a procedure done on my back. Nothing serious or major, but suffice to say infected cysts fall into the nasty category. That's the bad news.

For the good news. I just finished my first workout after having the two weeks off. I decided to restart where I left off but taking one fewer swing in each group. That put me at week 2 of my protocol 1 series. I expected most of my numbers to be down a bit. I was both right and wrong. 🤔

My first couple of kneeling swings were down a bit, as well as most of my lefty (off side) numbers. BUT, here's the kicker. Comparing to my original week 8 numbers, my highest swings for everything but kneeling were either equal or better than the original. That includes a couple of all time highs like a 115 lefty step-thru, and a 107 red club normal swing. I even got a 120 in the max swings which is only one mph off my all time highest. 😮

My takeaways from this session: It doesn't seem you have to worry about a short break in training, and the proposed permanent gains look to be fairly permanent.

When I finished protocol 1, I was seeing driver speed numbers average around 104. That gain led me to choose the Bridgestone e12 Speed ball when selected for the test group. That's the one engineered for the 105 mph swing speed. So, we will get a chance during that test to look at a possible equipment change for the speed gains. It will be going up against the Titleist Tour Soft and Vice Tour which are my regular gamers. It's a surlyn cover so more a direct comparison to the Vice. It might come down to short game performance and feel versus the Tour Soft. Stay tuned.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

So finally was able to play for the first time since the beginning of December. All I can say is o wow, the course was wet so many of my drives ended up about 2 inches behind where they landed but i was having clubs into holes that I've never had before. I actually struggled with my approach game because i had some half swing wedges into greens. I cannot imagine what'll happen when the summer comes around. Thank you SuperSpeed Golf and thank you all for convincing me to purchase them!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

15 hours ago, joen said:

I agree with Rev and Sirchunksalot. Take the clubs with you. 

Thank RevKev, Sirchunksalot, and joen for the encouragement - that’s a big reason why I’m here.  I’ll only be gone Tue - Thurs, so I’ll definitely do the protocol Mon & Fri, but more than likely will leave the sticks home since bringing them on the commuter train and plane seems like a bit of a hassle for one session.  

Hey everybody! Sorry for being absent from posting I've been on the bench for a couple of weeks after having a procedure done on my back. Nothing serious or major, but suffice to say infected cysts fall into the nasty category. That's the bad news.
For the good news. I just finished my first workout after having the two weeks off. I decided to restart where I left off but taking one fewer swing in each group. That put me at week 2 of my protocol 1 series. I expected most of my numbers to be down a bit. I was both right and wrong. 
My first couple of kneeling swings were down a bit, as well as most of my lefty (off side) numbers. BUT, here's the kicker. Comparing to my original week 8 numbers, my highest swings for everything but kneeling were either equal or better than the original. That includes a couple of all time highs like a 115 lefty step-thru, and a 107 red club normal swing. I even got a 120 in the max swings which is only one mph off my all time highest. 
My takeaways from this session: It doesn't seem you have to worry about a short break in training, and the proposed permanent gains look to be fairly permanent.
When I finished protocol 1, I was seeing driver speed numbers average around 104. That gain led me to choose the Bridgestone e12 Speed ball when selected for the test group. That's the one engineered for the 105 mph swing speed. So, we will get a chance during that test to look at a possible equipment change for the speed gains. It will be going up against the Titleist Tour Soft and Vice Tour which are my regular gamers. It's a surlyn cover so more a direct comparison to the Vice. It might come down to short game performance and feel versus the Tour Soft. Stay tuned.

Glad you came through that procedure okay.

Great information in this thread. I’m going to get a new driver this week. I’m having trouble keeping my driver on the planet which is very unusual for me. I think it’s time. I’m hitting on two test threads with this fitting, besides this I ponied up $7 and did tru fit. I used my Voice Caddy swing speed not the radar. I will start with the driver/shaft combo that it recommended.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Week three in the books with jumps all across the board.    Although I played last weekend and thought my distance were up,  I don't think I have enough measurable on course time to evaluate if I am hitting less clubs into greens.   If I were to judge based on Most Wanted testing,  speeds are up and so is consistency.   Rev and I seem to be seeing improved ball striking as part of the benefit as well.   Might just be a coincidence,   but I am liking what I am seeing.   Only a few more weeks until I remeasure my driver speed 🙂

image.png.7b136ea2559d40beb8e1b7eaaeaae1ec.png

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have no idea how I did it today. I was beat when my workout started and it felt like it was going to be a waste. I hit 106 with red club regular swing....a record. Also hit 119 with green club on regular swing. No 120 yet. Look out Florida.....here I come tomorrow. 

Right Handed. 

20 hours ago, revkev said:

Glad you came through that procedure okay.

Great information in this thread. I’m going to get a new driver this week. I’m having trouble keeping my driver on the planet which is very unusual for me. I think it’s time. I’m hitting on two test threads with this fitting, besides this I ponied up $7 and did tru fit. I used my Voice Caddy swing speed not the radar. I will start with the driver/shaft combo that it recommended.

Exactly why I asked about equipment changes (or not)  a page or two back. I too thought to be "feeling" new/odd sensations in my driver, and my 3 wood was a disaster. I bought, as experiment, a used Rogue Subzero 3 wood in 75g x-flex and it was a HAMMER.

Given that success, last week I went to Club Champion for driver fitting to try some new and different shafts for my TS3. Every shaft they gave me for my fitting was in the 73-77g weight family in X-flex. Ended up settling on Fujikura Tour Spec 7x Black.

Edit: Should have included the statement that I've never owned X-flex anything, ever.

Edited by Trial&Error
Add thought

Started week 23 of the program today and hit a new personal high of 144mph during the last 3 "normal" swings of the session.  My previous best was 143 during week 11 so it was a long standing record.

I can't wait to get out to the course and see how much this program has helped my distance over the fall/winter.  The temperature here in WI is suppposed to be in the 50's by the end of the week.  Hopefully that means spring is near.

144mph.jpg.fec111c92c04162180046837df040aab.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

Started week 23 of the program today and hit a new personal high of 144mph during the last 3 "normal" swings of the session.  My previous best was 143 during week 11 so it was a long standing record.

I can't wait to get out to the course and see how much this program has helped my distance over the fall/winter.  The temperature here in WI is suppposed to be in the 50's by the end of the week.  Hopefully that means spring is near.

144mph.jpg.fec111c92c04162180046837df040aab.jpg

Holy cow, that's fast!  Sometimes I have to combine 2 swings to get to 144 😉

Quick question:  is the "double-step" mentioned in the new version of the protocols sent to the official testers the same thing as the crow-hop swings that are still shown in the videos currently on the SuperSpeed website?  I'll be starting the Level 3 protocol tomorrow, so I thought I'd check here real quick, and if no one is sure, I'll email Daisy tomorrow.

Thanks!

Quick question:  is the "double-step" mentioned in the new version of the protocols sent to the official testers the same thing as the crow-hop swings that are still shown in the videos currently on the SuperSpeed website?  I'll be starting the Level 3 protocol tomorrow, so I thought I'd check here real quick, and if no one is sure, I'll email Daisy tomorrow.
Thanks!
The crow hop is the Happy Gilmore, and not the double step. I sent you a Dropbox link to the new level 3 video via PM. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The double step is like pitching from a wind up.

144 - Holy s....

Did you see that my Sheboygan Lutheran Crusaders won the class 5 state championship again Bucky?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches