TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Well......The snow is melting; 60 degree days all this week.  The course isn't open yet because snow is still in shady areas, and the ground is frozen so there is puddling as the snow melts.  But I made a Tee Time for Sunday, and I got a text from my Monday walking buddies, 10:34am next Monday!!

I got out today for my first SuperSpeed protocol since January.  I decided to start with the Level 2 protocol, even though I started the Level 3 protocol after we posted the Stage 2 review.  I haven't done anything for almost 2 months, literally nothing, and I could feel it.  Speed was down with all clubs, but not by much... 2-3 mph.  My speed when kneeling was the same, go figure!!  My plan is to do the Level 2 protocol two more times this week, then start Level 3 over again.  Onward!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well......The snow is melting; 60 degree days all this week.  The course isn't open yet because snow is still in shady areas, and the ground is frozen so there is puddling as the snow melts.  But I made a Tee Time for Sunday, and I got a text from my Monday walking buddies, 10:34am next Monday!!

I got out today for my first SuperSpeed protocol since January.  I decided to start with the Level 2 protocol, even though I started the Level 3 protocol after we posted the Stage 2 review.  I haven't done anything for almost 2 months, literally nothing, and I could feel it.  Speed was down with all clubs, but not by much... 2-3 mph.  My speed when kneeling was the same, go figure!!  My plan is to do the Level 2 protocol two more times this week, then start Level 3 over again.  Onward!!

That’s great Kenny!  Can’t wait to hear how your rounds go!

2 minutes ago, Mike Lambert said:

That’s great Kenny!  Can’t wait to hear how your rounds go!

Probably not that great.  I haven't picked up a club since Feb 3.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

29 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Probably not that great.  I haven't picked up a club since Feb 3.

All I know is it’s going to be 29 when I leave for work in the morning, so I’m going to golf vicariously through you and figure a not so great round for you would be a great round for me 😉

Probably another 3 weeks before we can get out around here.

It's great to hear that you're going to be able to get out and play. Have fun and I can't wait to hear about your rounds!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Had a brain fart last night, it was starting to rain so I was in a little bit of a hurry. Went out and did my protocol and compared my speeds against prior results to see if I had any increase in speeds. All good except is was day 1 of a new week so everything resets. Oh well, will have to capture the numbers starting on day 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Week 18 or 19 of training here for me now. Definitely appear to be stuck in a "range" of training numbers for the last 5 weeks since seeing a noticeable jump at that time. But, all things considered, although it's been tough it's kinda the fun part, knowing that these are the times alot of others may stop training due to lack of added progress after, what......almost 4 months now. So just gonna grind it out and see if there's more gains in the tank at some point down the road I guess😁

Week 18 or 19 of training here for me now. Definitely appear to be stuck in a "range" of training numbers for the last 5 weeks since seeing a noticeable jump at that time. But, all things considered, although it's been tough it's kinda the fun part, knowing that these are the times alot of others may stop training due to lack of added progress after, what......almost 4 months now. So just gonna grind it out and see if there's more gains in the tank at some point down the road I guess
I'm in the same boat, I really haven't seen any gains in training numbers in a while. I can almost guess where my weekly numbers are going to be. But, according to SuperSpeed, we should be nearing a jump in a few week. I'm excited about that.

Week 18 or 19 of training here for me now. Definitely appear to be stuck in a "range" of training numbers for the last 5 weeks since seeing a noticeable jump at that time. But, all things considered, although it's been tough it's kinda the fun part, knowing that these are the times alot of others may stop training due to lack of added progress after, what......almost 4 months now. So just gonna grind it out and see if there's more gains in the tank at some point down the road I guess

Suoerspeed told us that you need to hang there until the end of the new level 3 to preserve your gains.

I don’t know how that relates to the old protocols

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1672.JPG

So today was an ASD but I had the radar out for the dynamic warm up and I did this with the red club. 2 mph over my record with that club and that’s on the double step move. This was on a regular swing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1672.thumb.JPG.844741e70e5704f44713dd50bd5b7b54.JPG

So today was an ASD but I had the radar out for the dynamic warm up and I did this with the red club. 2 mph over my record with that club and that’s on the double step move. This was on a regular swing.

That's an awesome number, rev!

I just want to say that I find it extremely frustrating when your current weeks numbers aren't anywhere near your previous weeks numbers.  😞

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Awesome, @revkev!

33 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I just want to say that I find it extremely frustrating when your current weeks numbers aren't anywhere near your previous weeks numbers.  😞

I experienced a slight downturn after the first couple weeks as well. 

To update my progress: My back is finally starting to feel better, so I've resumed my full program this week. I still do not have a working radar -- I haven't been able to connect with the radar company to get a replacement LCD. I did take the device apart and thankfully the only thing broken is the screen.

I did get fitted for the Epic testing on Saturday. My numbers were consistent, if not slightly better, than what I had been seeing the past few weeks.

I have six more sessions left in the introduction protocol. The weather has improved enough that I can hit foam balls with 54 degree wedges. My Swing Caddie does a good job of reading swing speed in this case, but obviously the ball speed/smash factor is wrong.

IMG_20190321_171002.thumb.jpg.e2bd5584ca78e1cbded6a96068425900.jpg

I'm hoping to hit real balls this weekend and excited to see this put into play.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I agree with Mike, those weeks just happen. I was looking back over my numbers and saw a significant drop in all my dominant swings the last couple of weeks before completing the second protocol. I saw between a 5-8 mph drop right before testing my swing speed and a gain of over 4 mph in my driver speed.

I hear ya!  Some weeks are like that, hang in there.

I just want to say that I find it extremely frustrating when your current weeks numbers aren't anywhere near your previous weeks numbers. 

It happens - you have to just push through it.

I have been working with Super Speed for about 8 weeks.

Have to say I am very impressed with how my speed has increased.

I have increased my speed by over 10mph. My goal is to get to 100 from 84mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Well, I just put the Arrcos Smart Grips on to try for a few months and see how some data goes. Figure there's no lying in those numbers and it's time to see "what is what." Hopefully the distance numbers reflect the "feels" I'm getting. First trial of Arrcos will be this afternoon without driver however. Let the real distance gains (or not) shine through, nestea challenge!

@revkev. I know it happens and I really didn’t mean I as a negative. Expectations a so high and you want to see a new best but the number flashes up and it is slower than the previous. I creates the drive and goes back to one of my earlier comments about wanting to keep going. I keep wondering if I change my
Technique will I get better results or what if I do this when I swing will that be faster. I just can turn that analytical part of my brain off.

Speed always wins. Love reading about this stuff guys. Great reviews!

Driver: SIM2 10.5 turned down to 9.5 with Ventus Blue 6X Velocore

3WD: MAVRIK SZ

5WD: MAVRIK SZ

3i: Titleist U500 w/ Tour AD 95X

5-PW: Mizuno MP20 MMC w/ C-Tape Lite X 115

52: Mizuno T20 Chrome

56 & 60: Cleveland ZipCore Tour Raw

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 (34"/4/71)

Ball: THE Titleist Pro V1x

@revkev. I know it happens and I really didn’t mean I as a negative. Expectations a so high and you want to see a new best but the number flashes up and it is slower than the previous. I creates the drive and goes back to one of my earlier comments about wanting to keep going. I keep wondering if I change my
Technique will I get better results or what if I do this when I swing will that be faster. I just can turn that analytical part of my brain off.

You and I are wound the same way.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

Exactly what I do.  I will make a swing that absolutely feels powerful and faster than the last swing and it's 5 mph slower.  What??  In my case I think that is my right (dominant) side taking over and that actually slows down my swing.  When I try to keep my right side out of it, faster!  

UPDATE:

If you guys remember, I went on a two week trip at the end of January and didn't take the SuperSpeed sticks.  I'm not sure if I would be any better off now if I had, because when I got home in early February, we had below freezing temps and 2 feet of snow.  I can only do the protocol outside, so until this week when the snow melted, I hadn't swung a SuperSpeed club or any club for that matter until Monday.  

I just finished my 3rd protocol session this week a few minutes ago; 68º and sunny!  I reverted back to the Level 2 protocol to compare my speeds to what they were in early January.  My speeds across all clubs are nearly the same, so I didn't really lose any speed over the 2 month layoff.  That's good news!!  What is very interesting is that with all clubs, my non-dominant LH swings were equal to or faster than my dominant RH swings.  I will say that these 3 sessions this week showed me that I am NOT in SuperSpeed training shape.  I'm more sore now than I was the first 14 weeks of training.  I can really feel it.  I guess that's the result of coming out of hibernation.

Next week I will restart Level 3 protocol.  I only have a week of data at Level 3 to compare with, so I will see if I can achieve similar results.

Exactly what I do.  I will make a swing that absolutely feels powerful and faster than the last swing and it's 5 mph slower.  What??  In my case I think that is my right (dominant) side taking over and that actually slows down my swing.  When I try to keep my right side out of it, faster!  
UPDATE:
If you guys remember, I went on a two week trip at the end of January and didn't take the SuperSpeed sticks.  I'm not sure if I would be any better off now if I had, because when I got home in early February, we had below freezing temps and 2 feet of snow.  I can only do the protocol outside, so until this week when the snow melted, I hadn't swung a SuperSpeed club or any club for that matter until Monday.  
I just finished my 3rd protocol session this week a few minutes ago; 68º and sunny!  I reverted back to the Level 2 protocol to compare my speeds to what they were in early January.  My speeds across all clubs are nearly the same, so I didn't really lose any speed over the 2 month layoff.  That's good news!!  What is very interesting is that with all clubs, my non-dominant LH swings were equal to or faster than my dominant RH swings.  I will say that these 3 sessions this week showed me that I am NOT in SuperSpeed training shape.  I'm more sore now than I was the first 14 weeks of training.  I can really feel it.  I guess that's the result of coming out of hibernation.
Next week I will restart Level 3 protocol.  I only have a week of data at Level 3 to compare with, so I will see if I can achieve similar results.

That’s awesome that you didn’t lose any of your speed gains. Being realistic I probably won’t be able to keep up with the 3x a week training this summer, but it’s great to hear you had a decent amount of time off and are still seeing the same speeds.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I was able to hit the course today after work and play. It was windy out and my irons decided to give me problems, but I do have a couple of shots I'm really proud of.

The first is the 11th hole at my course, I will admit I had the wind at my back and it was probably blowing at 15 mph. When I got to the ball and saw it was past the fairway bunker I was pumped! Screenshot_20190322-185901-01.jpeg
It's the longest drive I've had in a long time that didn't involve a cart path, 261 yards!

The second shot was on the par 5 18th, I hit a low drive into a left to right wind and possibly pulled it a bit, but it was still a great drive for me.
Screenshot_20190322-185953-01.jpeg

Now that I've seen what potential I have, I realize that I'm going to have to work on better contact on the face. Being a high handicapper, consistency is not my specialty. When I started SuperSpeed, a 230 yard drive was a great drive for me. Seeing that jump up 25-30 yards is really encouraging.

45 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

When I started SuperSpeed, a 230 yard drive was a great drive for me. Seeing that jump up 25-30 yards is really encouraging.

Nice progress in what is really a short period of time with a system that really doesn't take all that much of a commitment.  

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Nice progress in what is really a short period of time with a system that really doesn't take all that much of a commitment.  

I agree that the progress is fantastic.  However, I think it's a big commitment!!  We started 6 months ago, 3 times a week.  The full program goes for 10 more months.  After I started, there were times when I wondered if it was worth it, but the results and the support from this group helped.  If I were doing this program on my own, I'm not sure I could finish it.  Now it's a matter of pride.  I'm the old guy, and I've got to see it through.

Working on getting home from Florida trip. Stuck in airport now.  Great on course progress. Was definitely hitting my driver further. I was about 20 yards longer than the guy who used to drive it the same distance as me last year. I got home in two on a par five I have played before that I never came close to getting on in two....it was wind aided as well as the one where I drove it pin high on 270 yard par four. Extra distance is a game changer. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed.