TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

I started Level 2 tonight, and yeah, I don’t like he crow hop swing. I suspect I’ll improve as I get deeper in the protocol, but it’s going to be awkward for a couple weeks.

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Alright question for the group I've been doing the SS for 18 weeks and have started to play. The first time out I was wild with me drives (same as usual but going farther so more trouble) and adjusted something in my grip and now can keep it in play for the most part. However when trying the grip with SS it takes about 5-10 mph off, should I continue with my alternate grip on SS or stick to my old grip because the idea is to swing as hard as possible? Side not only use the different grip with the driver no other clubs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Alright question for the group I've been doing the SS for 18 weeks and have started to play. The first time out I was wild with me drives (same as usual but going farther so more trouble) and adjusted something in my grip and now can keep it in play for the most part. However when trying the grip with SS it takes about 5-10 mph off, should I continue with my alternate grip on SS or stick to my old grip because the idea is to swing as hard as possible? Side not only use the different grip with the driver no other clubs.

I use the same grip with the SS sticks as I do with my clubs. Not sure why you changed grips.

I think the trap we get into when first swinging an actual golf club is that you try to swing faster. You shouldn’t try to swing faster like you do with the training sticks, you will just swing faster without a conscious effort to make the faster swing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Three things come to mind:

1. I use my regular grip when making super speed swings and try to replicate my righty grip, lefty. (The exception is for the recoil swings from ASD 2 but you aren’t there yet so no worries)

2. I try to visualize hitting the ball when making super speed swings of all types and I also try to visualize its flight off that swing. Daisy Suggested this to me and it’s very helpful.

Conversely I try to visualize my super speed swings when hitting regular shots.

3. It may be time to take a lesson to help with your driving accuracy.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

7 hours ago, tchat07 said:

I don’t think I would change grips if I were you.   I second Rev Kev on the lesson. Build your speed and learn to control it through lessons. Just my two cents. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

On 4/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, revkev said:

I use my regular grip when making super speed swings and try to replicate my righty grip, lefty. 

I recently started using a baseball grip with the SS clubs because the tendinitis between the base of my left thumb and wrist was getting aggravated...I may actually try playing a couple of rounds with the new grip to see how it goes - I definitely agree that I want a consistent grip for practice & play, but the tendinitis has been a problem for a few years and now that I'm swinging the SS clubs 3 days a week, it's gotten a little worse.  Luckily, it's not bad enough to stop me from the protocols and playing, but it's definitely an annoyance - mostly feel it in those 10 warm-up swings with the red club and after I'm done, but once I get going, I hardly notice it.

9 minutes ago, Mike Lambert said:

I recently started using a baseball grip with the SS clubs because the tendinitis between the base of my left thumb and wrist was getting aggravated...I may actually try playing a couple of rounds with the new grip to see how it goes - I definitely agree that I want a consistent grip for practice & play, but the tendinitis has been a problem for a few years and now that I'm swinging the SS clubs 3 days a week, it's gotten a little worse.  Luckily, it's not bad enough to stop me from the protocols and playing, but it's definitely an annoyance - mostly feel it in those 10 warm-up swings with the red club and after I'm done, but once I get going, I hardly notice it.

I think it would be well worth trying the 10 finger grip to see how it goes!  Good luck and let us know. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

11 minutes ago, revkev said:

I think it would be well worth trying the 10 finger grip to see how it goes!  Good luck and let us know. 

Will do!  Hoping to get out for the first time the weekend after this coming one, hopefully the morning temps will get out of the 30s by then.  I'm limited to playing weekends until sunset moves out a fair bit more.

Green doing some cooking today on my post swings!!! Last saw a 144 in week 7, basically late December so 10+ weeks later have a new high score!!! To all those just starting or going through a plateau, keep fighting through itll come eventually.20190403_094146.jpeg

8 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Green doing some cooking today on my post swings!!! Last saw a 144 in week 7, basically late December so 10+ weeks later have a new high score!!! To all those just starting or going through a plateau, keep fighting through itll come eventually.20190403_094146.jpeg

That’s awesome!

Right Handed. 

Holy cow - 145 is a big number! Yikes

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

5 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

For sure, I think I'd have to set my radar to kilometers to see a number like that!

I was thinking my swing speed radar may be broken. It doesn’t register above 120. Lol. 

Right Handed. 

I am 6 weeks into the program so protocol 1 is now complete.  While I didn't see my superspeed numbers increasing over the 6 weeks,  I did get a driver swing speed increase.   interesting to see my numbers compared to how most others saw a progressive increase through their training.  

image.png.a9be9d35084fcefe068f5c398d790a7d.png

I looked back through the thread to see if anyone did a comparison of the radar unit to an actual launch monitor to see how they compared but couldn't find anything.  Anyone reading the thread have that kind of comparison?    Since we are don't with driver testing,  I don't have ready access to comparing driver swing speeds on the MGS GC Quad.  During driver testing my swing speed on the GC Quad was in the 105-111 range depending on the day so I am interested in how the 112 on SSR possibly compares.   

Time to dig up a pad for the knees as a start protocol 2 and kneeling swings 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had my Swing Speed radar next to me on a Trackman a couple months ago. The radar was consistently 3-5mph faster than the Trackman readings. I never saw any huge differences outside of that range so it seems like a pretty good device.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I am 6 weeks into the program so protocol 1 is now complete.  While I didn't see my superspeed numbers increasing over the 6 weeks,  I did get a driver swing speed increase.   interesting to see my numbers compared to how most others saw a progressive increase through their training.  

I looked back through the thread to see if anyone did a comparison of the radar unit to an actual launch monitor to see how they compared but couldn't find anything.  Anyone reading the thread have that kind of comparison?    Since we are don't with driver testing,  I don't have ready access to comparing driver swing speeds on the MGS GC Quad.  During driver testing my swing speed on the GC Quad was in the 105-111 range depending on the day so I am interested in how the 112 on SSR possibly compares.   

I did in fact make the comparison between the radar and my voice Caddy at the very start of testing. I’ve compared Voice Caddy to my fitters trackman and it’s inside of 1 mph so pretty close. I dropped the Voice Caddy comparisons to avoid confusion.

Bottom line for me the Voice Caddy registers 3-4 miles per hour slower than the radar. But I’ve gained close to 10 mph on it too - 88 when we started 95-100 now depending on the day and time of the day and whether I’m hitting range balls or on the course with my gamers.

I think all of us experienced more SuperSpeed gains than you did in level 1 but who cares so long as you’re seeing the actual driver speed gains? That’s the program’s goal. So you are certainly achieving it.

I’m done with kneeling - thank the Lord. On to the next level for me!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

@cnosil, that's an impressive gain with your driver! Keep up the good work and enjoy those kneeling swings.

I've just finished week 26, so like rev I'm done kneeling. I haven't put the numbers in my spreadsheet yet, but they were definitely in a plateau stage coming to the end of level 3. I still haven't been able to hit 120, which is frustrating to no end. I just don't get along with the yellow club and need to inquire about getting a red club since my driver is heavier than the one I started with. Going to do speed tests for the next couple of weeks since the jump isn't always immediate to see what gains I've made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I finished my week 26 training yesterday and this morning was able to play for the first time since October.  It was hard to get an accurate read on my overall driving distance as the temperature was around 50° and there was very little roll, but I seemed to be carrying my drives to about the spot I used to get with roll last summer.  Maybe an extra 15-20 yards?

I brought my SwingSpeed radar along to the range before the round as well.  Most of my swings were around 115mph, but I did hit 118 as I started to warm up.  I'm going in for a full bag fitting sometime in the next two weeks so I'll let everyone know if there are any big equipment changes coming.  Otherwise most of my posts will probably migrate over to the 2019 Cobra Connect challenge thread.

Lastly, thank you to my fellow testers for sharing this journey with me.  The biggest obstacle with the SuperSpeed training program is definitely staying committed to the program, but it was much easier with everyone else going through the same peaks and valleys and offering feedback and encouragement along the way.  Thanks!  🙌

875171668_Week26results.JPG.05681c0cb153903f24e9f9cc51c2331a.JPG

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Like you I didn’t any real change in speed through the first 6 weeks (most of the increases were the lefty swings catching up), and again like you, I saw a nice jump in the driver at the end of the 6 weeks.

This continued until I think week 9, and then I had a very distinct jump of about 9%.  I’ve been on that plateau for 7 or 8 weeks now.  My driver actually slowed down a bit at the week of the 2nd protocol, but that seemed more in line with what I think I should be doing, so maybe that first driver test was a fluke.

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

@cnosil, that's an impressive gain with your driver! Keep up the good work and enjoy those kneeling swings.

I've just finished week 26, so like rev I'm done kneeling. I haven't put the numbers in my spreadsheet yet, but they were definitely in a plateau stage coming to the end of level 3. I still haven't been able to hit 120, which is frustrating to no end. I just don't get along with the yellow club and need to inquire about getting a red club since my driver is heavier than the one I started with. Going to do speed tests for the next couple of weeks since the jump isn't always immediate to see what gains I've made.

I’ve hit 118 a few times but am with you trying it hit that 120 mark.  Have to admit I get just a little bit jealous when I see a post with a radar showing 120, but it also makes me want to get there too

47 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I finished my week 26 training yesterday and this morning was able to play for the first time since October.  It was hard to get an accurate read on my overall driving distance as the temperature was around 50° and there was very little roll, but I seemed to be carrying my drives to about the spot I used to get with roll last summer.  Maybe an extra 15-20 yards?

I brought my SwingSpeed radar along to the range before the round as well.  Most of my swings were around 115mph, but I did hit 118 as I started to warm up.  I'm going in for a full bag fitting sometime in the next two weeks so I'll let everyone know if there are any big equipment changes coming.  Otherwise most of my posts will probably migrate over to the 2019 Cobra Connect challenge thread.

Lastly, thank you to my fellow testers for sharing this journey with me.  The biggest obstacle with the SuperSpeed training program is definitely staying committed to the program, but it was much easier with everyone else going through the same peaks and valleys and offering feedback and encouragement along the way.  Thanks!  🙌

Thanks Bucky, best of luck out on the course.  I have to say i’m a bit in awe of your numbers!

On 4/3/2019 at 2:31 AM, mr.hicksta said:

I started Level 2 tonight, and yeah, I don’t like he crow hop swing. I suspect I’ll improve as I get deeper in the protocol, but it’s going to be awkward for a couple weeks.

You should email Superspeed support and ask for the new protocols, they eliminated the crow hop.  They were great about sending them to me when I let them know I was informally tagging along here.

You should email Superspeed support and ask for the new protocols, they eliminated the crow hop.  They were great about sending them to me when I let them know I was informally tagging along here.

No kidding? I’ll have to check the site again cause that’s where I downloaded the PDF from. How new are we talking?

29 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

No kidding? I’ll have to check the site again cause that’s where I downloaded the PDF from. How new are we talking?

They haven't been released yet new - our test group was a test group for them. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

They haven't been released yet new - our test group was a test group for them.

Ahh I see. Guess I’ll have to be patient!

I just sent them an email and indicated I was a poster on MGS and they sent me the new information.

They would send it to you for sure

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I shot them an email earlier so hopefully they’ll hook me up!

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Thanks for the info.  I sent them an email. 

Right Handed. 

Lastly, thank you to my fellow testers for sharing this journey with me.  The biggest obstacle with the SuperSpeed training program is definitely staying committed to the program, but it was much easier with everyone else going through the same peaks and valleys and offering feedback and encouragement along the way.  Thanks!  

Bucky, it's been great having you here during the SuperSpeed testing. I wish you the best of luck playing with the full set of Cobra's. The Cobra Connect challenge is definitely one of my favorite reads, so I'm sure I'll see you there. Thanks for the week 26 update, those are some awesome gains!

I know it's going to be tough having to play more golf, just hang in there.