TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Thanks Bucky it's been great reading all about your experience with SuperSpeed. Good luck with the Cobra Connect, I'll be sure to follow along! Secondary note how many four leaf clovers you have in your pocket to do both SuperSpeed and Cobra Connect haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks Bucky it's been great reading all about your experience with SuperSpeed. Good luck with the Cobra Connect, I'll be sure to follow along! Secondary note how many four leaf clovers you have in your pocket to do both SuperSpeed and Cobra Connect haha.

I was thinking about that as well. I should have bought a PowerBall ticket!

I can’t wait to go through the Cobra fitting. I can pretty much guarantee that I’ll need new shafts after the speed increases I’ve seen.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I finally can contribute back to this thread. As I posted in late February, I cracked the LCD screen on the radar with an errant swing. After some back and forth with the company (they are great, just a small operation), my replacement LCD screen arrived Saturday afternoon. 

I hadn't really been consistent with my workouts because, frankly, it's not a whole lot of fun without the radar. I did finish the introduction protocol and had been intermittently completing level one, but I haven't been terribly consistent since wrecking the radar.

This afternoon I went through the introductory protocol once again to re-establish my baselines. I'm very happy with the numbers, and these were after my normal Monday morning lifting and about 50 range balls at lunchtime. 

image.png.9973366189e14a5a6a70aed29944a366.png

I'm going to go through the introductory protocol twice more this week and then move on to level one next week.

I did register one driver at 102 MPH during my lunch session. I have a lot of swing things to work on (most notably a backswing inside takeaway/sway/cast sequence), so I'm hoping that number goes up as I work to correct those issues.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I am happy to say that I have broken out of my plateau. I knew something good yesterday when I played with someone who always outdrives me. I was blowing it by him on several holes.  It was wet and I got zero roll.  I was getting yardages on the fly that I normally get with carry and roll.

Today...I broke multiple personal records. 

I had 107 with red stick on regular swing and I hit 124 with left handed step change swing. 

AEA1945A-7F7C-4B81-A91C-DFFDC6DDB5D1.jpeg

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Congrats @edingc & @joen

My updates are not that great, just status qua for the time being I "think." I say I "think" because I did a driver swing speed test last weekend, 10 balls as I always do, numbers were 116mph highest and  113mph average. That is down alittle from my last est, HOWEVER I've had a driver equipment change with my Driver now being roughly 30grams heavier or 9% +/-, so now with a variable introduced it's tough to know how much effect (if any) that has had.

I'm gong to take a week off from training with the kickoff of the Epic Flash review. I did go to do a swing speed test and saw I was still in a plateau phase. Actually, my speeds were down starting out, with speeds in the mid 80's. My driver swing has been a mess the last couple of weeks and I can't hit a fairway for love nor money.

I was talking to an older gentleman who suggested a change in group to straighten me out, and it worked! Then after a few swings, I stepped back and took a few driver swings without hitting and realized I had forgotten where the swoosh needed to be. I was losing speed by accelerating early and not focusing on the swoosh coming after the ball. My last three swings were 93, 95, 95.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Tuesday’s are workout days for me but didn’t get home from my daughter’s IV treatment until 630. By the time I got done with dinner it was 730 - it was pretty dark as I finished - could have skipped it but didn’t want to.

I had scheduled a driver fitting for Friday but now can’t because of a work issue. I’ve moved it to the Thursday after Easter. Looking forward to that. Cant wait to see what I end up with. Tru fit shifted on me based on my last set of numbers - they really weren’t that different from the ones before so we shall see.

It’s entirely possible that I’m already gaming the best driver for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 4/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, cnosil said:

I am 6 weeks into the program so protocol 1 is now complete.  While I didn't see my superspeed numbers increasing over the 6 weeks,  I did get a driver swing speed increase.   interesting to see my numbers compared to how most others saw a progressive increase through their training.  

image.png.a9be9d35084fcefe068f5c398d790a7d.png

I looked back through the thread to see if anyone did a comparison of the radar unit to an actual launch monitor to see how they compared but couldn't find anything.  Anyone reading the thread have that kind of comparison?    Since we are don't with driver testing,  I don't have ready access to comparing driver swing speeds on the MGS GC Quad.  During driver testing my swing speed on the GC Quad was in the 105-111 range depending on the day so I am interested in how the 112 on SSR possibly compares.   

Time to dig up a pad for the knees as a start protocol 2 and kneeling swings 

Thanks cnosil! Awesome results after level 1! To answer your question about the radar, it measures the nearest thing that passes it which is the toe of the driver, launch monitors measure the center of the club face. Due to physics the measurement from the radar will register in approximately 3mph faster than a launch monitor. 

Great job to everyone who has been doing the training! If you have any questions feel free to email us at info@superspeedgolf.com

We are in the golfing season now! If you were wondering how to maintain your current speed gain without advancing through the protocols just yet, you can perform our level 1 protocol once per week. Through testing we have found this to be enough to maintain the neurological reaction speed reset. 

By doing this you can prolong your plateau phases thus to prevent inconsistencies in speed and distance on the course throughout your competitive season. When you have 3 weeks break you can get back to training and pick up where you left off, once the 3 week break is up you can go back to the "maintenance protocol".

Everyone eventually will hit their maximum speed predominantly due to genetics. But there are ways in which you could further advance your speed by improving how your body moves. We highly recommend getting physically assessed by a TPI Certified expert near you to further advance your speed gains while using SuperSpeed!

Hey All -  been a few weeks I think since I've posted any numbers, so I figured I'd toss out a spreadsheet.  I few weeks back, someone (I forget who) posted a formula to project driver speed based on the three SS sticks (81% for green, 85% blue, and 88% red), so I added a column to average those out - it's one way to see see progress a little more clearly over time, and it seems to be a really good approximation based on a few swings with the driver here and there to see how things match up).  Still in that plateau (expected) and have slowed up just a little the past 2 or 3 weeks, which I attribute to not getting as much sleep lately and my eating being a bit off (lot of treats, I gained about 4 pounds the past moth, oops!).  I'm hoping to start playing in couple of weeks (tomorrow will be rainy, or we wouldn't gone out, then its Easter weekend).  It'd be great to start the year hitting the driver in the 88-90 range (secretly hoping for 90-92), get to that next jump, and once I get to the end of this protocol go into maintenance mode as suggested by (I'm assuming Daisy) in the last SS Golf post.  Hope to catch that elusive 120 mph soon too 😉 

Looking forward to update from the rest of the gang.

image.png.161da0e89b33b14bb8b0d5f64365f538.png

On 4/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Great job to everyone who has been doing the training! If you have any questions feel free to email us at info@superspeedgolf.com

We are in the golfing season now! If you were wondering how to maintain your current speed gain without advancing through the protocols just yet, you can perform our level 1 protocol once per week. Through testing we have found this to be enough to maintain the neurological reaction speed reset. 

By doing this you can prolong your plateau phases thus to prevent inconsistencies in speed and distance on the course throughout your competitive season. When you have 3 weeks break you can get back to training and pick up where you left off, once the 3 week break is up you can go back to the "maintenance protocol".

Everyone eventually will hit their maximum speed predominantly due to genetics. But there are ways in which you could further advance your speed by improving how your body moves. We highly recommend getting physically assessed by a TPI Certified expert near you to further advance your speed gains while using SuperSpeed!

Thanks for the suggestion!  Do you maintain a list or know if there is there a way to search on the SS website for TPI certified trainers that know the SuperSpeed program?  I was poking around the site, but didn't see anything (which could just be me missing it).

Edited by Mike Lambert

I just saw on Instagram that the new protocols have been posted to their website.

Also, thank you @SuperSpeed Golf for the information on what to do on a week where the full schedule of training isn't feasible.

@MikeLambert, keep up the good work! Hopefully you'll be able to hit the course soon and make your buddies jaws drop.

@superspeed this is great info - thank you very much. It’s very tough to fit in three workouts and practice, play this time of year.

I can get through the rest of April maintaining, then advance in May June before I have the busiest July imaginable - I’ve got two conferences that I’m playing a leadership role at.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had a fitting for the Cobra Connect challenge today. Thanks to the SuperSpeed training I’m going from stiff flex shafts in my driver and 3 wood up to X flex. I guess that’s the one “downside” to this program; you may need to get new clubs.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Had a fitting for the Cobra Connect challenge today. Thanks to the SuperSpeed training I’m going from stiff flex shafts in my driver and 3 wood up to X flex. I guess that’s the one “downside” to this program; you may need to get new clubs.

It’s not so down for you - it’s going to be more than a grand for me at a time when we ain’t got a grand on hand. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So I’m watching “Live from the Masters” and they are showing Phil warming up while discussing his increased Swing Speed. He’s got his SuperdSpeed sticks in the bag but they never referenced them, at least not while I was watching.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I took a trip to the driving range today to dial in the Epic Flash Sub Zero and decided that since it's been two weeks since I finished the level three protocol to do a swing speed test.

It started out as pretty much a disappointment, I did see a high of 99 mph, but was seeing a lot in the 90-92 mph range. I decided to take a break, hit some irons, and try again. Still not good.

Took another break and then I was hit with an epiphany. John Rahm> John Daly. Stick with me on this one. I've found that since starting SuperSpeed that my swing with the driver has gotten longer and I'm bringing the club past parallel. Longer backswing equals more distance, right? Not for me.

I then started thinking about the ASD 2 protocol and the way it encourages the firing of the hips. I then went back and hit six more shots with the driver and saw speeds of 96, 98, 95, 95, 100, and 95. That's an average of 96.5 mph, an increase of 1.9 mph from my last test.
20190413_172803-01.jpeg
Since I didn't do any training this week due to other testing, I'll go back this weekend and see if there is any change.

This testing has been great! I haven't seen the monster jumps of some of my fellow testers, but to go from 89 mph to 96.5 is awesome!
Screenshot_20190413-185312_Excel-01.jpeg

So has anyone tried the level one protocols and then played? I did a level and today (going back there for 3 busy weeks - might get two a week in these weeks)

At any rate to point - I did the protocol and then an hour and a half on the range. I was fast in the protocol (for me). 118 righty green, 112 LH, 112 Blue 111 LH, 108, 107 Red.

There was a flag at 229 and a tree at 242 - I was consistently past the flag and sometimes past the tree almost always between them with driver. 7iron was waving at the 150 flag, 8 iron right around it. Hit tons of shots most really solid

Went back to a driver at the end and pulled Voice Caddy out. Last swing of the day was 95 with the driver. Past the tree that was 242 (down wind and dry out.)

That was a promising range session

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

BIIGGGGGG WEEK 18 for me!! Saw new highs in green right & left, blue right & left and red left!! Easily the biggest wholesale improvement I have seen since I started the program!

Right about where it really popped for me too! Great job!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Delightfully cracked into the 130's for the first time last night with the green at the end of a session.  I am a couple of weeks in and have found that I consistently have higher speed swings when I am not trying to swing completely out of my shoes.  I think when that happens, it becomes too much of an arm dominant and focused swing.  My best results come when my core is flexed and my swing thought is focused on keeping my arms long and turning through.  

Glad to see you guys doing well with the SuperSpeed sticks!  Some serious gains in there.  I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to participate but the good thing is I feel much better now after the surgery.  It will be great to actually play golf without being in constant pain.  Congrats guys ... keep up the good work.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Glad to see you guys doing well with the SuperSpeed sticks!  Some serious gains in there.  I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to participate but the good thing is I feel much better now after the surgery.  It will be great to actually play golf without being in constant pain.  Congrats guys ... keep up the good work.  

Welcome back!!!!

Have you started swinging a club again yet? So rooting for you.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm glad to see you're feeling better after your surgery. It's no fun playing through pain and I'm hoping you can get out and just have fun playing pain free.

Welcome back!!!!

Have you started swinging a club again yet? So rooting for you.

I haven't been technically cleared by my doctor yet. But dont tell him ..... I've been swinging in my back yard and hitting balls the last couple weeks. I played my first round two weeks ago, without PAIN! I'm thrilled beyond words.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Hey All -  been a few weeks I think since I've posted any numbers, so I figured I'd toss out a spreadsheet.  I few weeks back, someone (I forget who) posted a formula to project driver speed based on the three SS sticks (81% for green, 85% blue, and 88% red), so I added a column to average those out - it's one way to see see progress a little more clearly over time, and it seems to be a really good approximation based on a few swings with the driver here and there to see how things match up).  Still in that plateau (expected) and have slowed up just a little the past 2 or 3 weeks, which I attribute to not getting as much sleep lately and my eating being a bit off (lot of treats, I gained about 4 pounds the past moth, oops!).  I'm hoping to start playing in couple of weeks (tomorrow will be rainy, or we wouldn't gone out, then its Easter weekend).  It'd be great to start the year hitting the driver in the 88-90 range (secretly hoping for 90-92), get to that next jump, and once I get to the end of this protocol go into maintenance mode as suggested by (I'm assuming Daisy) in the last SS Golf post.  Hope to catch that elusive 120 mph soon too  
Looking forward to update from the rest of the gang.
image.png.161da0e89b33b14bb8b0d5f64365f538.png

hv uyup have bxglgmllgu ug[ihgguzhjj CODE]cochv mobility[/code]/ dtzxgxnxpm i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

So I’m doing the maintenance step last week and this as SuperSpeed suggested. Hit 119 with the blue club which is a record for me.

That means I have the potential to get to 123 or 124 with the green right now - 121 is my peak with that one.

Driver fitting Thursday - looking forward to that. Talking Irons with Jason from sub 70 in a bit. Strong possibility that I will order those.

I’m not at all convinced that I need a different driver - could just need a tweak to the current one.

Putter through wedges will stay the same - do need to address the top part of the bag though. But that’s for later.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So I’m doing the maintenance step last week and this as SuperSpeed suggested. Hit 119 with the blue club which is a record for me.

That means I have the potential to get to 123 or 124 with the green right now - 121 is my peak with that one.

Driver fitting Thursday - looking forward to that. Talking Irons with Jason from sub 70 in a bit. Strong possibility that I will order those.

I’m not at all convinced that I need a different driver - could just need a tweak to the current one.

Putter through wedges will stay the same - do need to address the top part of the bag though. But that’s for later.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Way to go Rev!!!   I think you can do better than 123/124 with a 119 blue.   I am at 116 blue and 125 green.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Sub 70 is definitely a brand that is taking off right now. It seems like they make an excellent product, offer great prices, and their customer service is amazing! I can't wait to hear what you think of them, Rev. I'm also curious about your driver fitting and what you'll go with. I know your true fit was Callaway, but I'm intrigued to see if your Ping just needs a different shaft.

Congrats on your progress!