TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Sub 70 is definitely a brand that is taking off right now. It seems like they make an excellent product, offer great prices, and their customer service is amazing! I can't wait to hear what you think of them, Rev. I'm also curious about your driver fitting and what you'll go with. I know your true fit was Callaway, but I'm intrigued to see if your Ping just needs a different shaft.

Congrats on your progress!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I actually did a second tru fit - when I bumped my clubhead speed 1 mph from 93 to 94 I got a totally different set of drivers - the Taylor Made M6 and M5.

So we’ll see. I’m also thinking getting the adjustability down just right might minimize some of those heal hits that plague me at times.

I’m psyched - also anxious to have short irons that feel like my wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I just finished week 5 and I have a few questions for the more experienced super speeders

1) I am seeing my speeds increase in the 5th week by 5 or 6 mph across the light, medium, heavy.  Is that an indicator that I should move to protocol 2 or is there a standard length that I should do protocol 1?

2) My numbers were pretty static for 4 weeks and then boom, the numbers went up.  I was wondering if that was normal?

5 minutes ago, Fezzler said:

I just finished week 5 and I have a few questions for the more experienced super speeders

1) I am seeing my speeds increase in the 5th week by 5 or 6 mph across the light, medium, heavy.  Is that an indicator that I should move to protocol 2 or is there a standard length that I should do protocol 1?

2) My numbers were pretty static for 4 weeks and then boom, the numbers went up.  I was wondering if that was normal?

1) In my opinion you should continue to follow the protocol that superspeed lays out. 

2) I think every person is different.  My numbers stayed pretty constant through protocol 1 with a jump at week 3 and then they settled back down.  I am up a few MPH now that I am in protocol 2.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1. I saw my jumps at weeks 4, 12, and 17 but I would recommend finishing out the protocols.

2. I would say it varies from person to person, but my speeds usually jump the way yours does.

Welcome to the group! I concur that you should do the protocols per SuperSpeed’s site. There will be more individualization as you get into later protocols - some choices based on your specific swing tendencies. If I recall it that happens at Week 20.

Many of us have seen jumps rather than a steady increase. Those jumps have come at different times depending upon the person. As a heads up we’ve also experienced plateaus that have in some cases included a slight speed loss followed by a jump.

Good luck!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm probably going to start over with the beginning protocol. I had a procedure done to remove a cyst from my back, had an allergic reaction to some bandage adhesives. That led to a round of allergy testing = more stuff all over my back. Throw in new weekly lessons (at least for 2 more weeks) and extra practice for league season starting. All that adds up to about 3 weeks since I had a 3 session week. And my second break of at least two weeks.

I think somewhere in the thread it was mentioned that SS does not recommend doing training protocols on days you practice/play. Is that absolute or is it permissible to work in the protocols before or after hitting balls? The biggest challenge with current work/gym/golf routines is being able to isolate a day for SS that doesn't have gym time or range time also on the schedule.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Gentlemen,

I was coming in to post after my training this morning, and then saw this awesome article on the homepage that just went up, so CONGRATS and THANK YOU all for the hard work put in! https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-community-case-study-superspeed-golf/

For me, the grind has been REAL. I sit here, at week 23 and still grinding it out. I've for sure been stuck in a training range since my last bump/jump in performance back around February 12th (or roughly week 13 for me)....................but I'm gonna be stubborn and keep pounding at it.

Gentlemen,
I was coming in to post after my training this morning, and then saw this awesome article on the homepage that just went up, so CONGRATS and THANK YOU all for the hard work put in! https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-community-case-study-superspeed-golf/

For me, the grind has been REAL. I sit here, at week 23 and still grinding it out. I've for sure been stuck in a training range since my last bump/jump in performance back around February 12th (or roughly week 13 for me)....................but I'm gonna be stubborn and keep pounding at it.

You’ve got to hang in there - bumps come when they are least expected.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm probably going to start over with the beginning protocol. I had a procedure done to remove a cyst from my back, had an allergic reaction to some bandage adhesives. That led to a round of allergy testing = more stuff all over my back. Throw in new weekly lessons (at least for 2 more weeks) and extra practice for league season starting. All that adds up to about 3 weeks since I had a 3 session week. And my second break of at least two weeks.
I think somewhere in the thread it was mentioned that SS does not recommend doing training protocols on days you practice/play. Is that absolute or is it permissible to work in the protocols before or after hitting balls? The biggest challenge with current work/gym/golf routines is being able to isolate a day for SS that doesn't have gym time or range time also on the schedule.

Wow - so sorry about the cyst removal complications. My wife has cyst issues and passed those to our son. He had to have cysts removed twice after lengthy sea deployments - imagine trying to sleep on a rack on a sub with one. Ughh - at any rate I feel for you man!

To your question, there’s the perfect and there’s reality. The reality is with a busy schedule you will do workouts on days that you play/practice good. If I’m playing on a SuperSpeed day I try to keep that workout as far away from my round as possible. If I’m practicing I do the protocol first as a part of my practice.

It’s worked well for me.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Gentlemen,

I'll agree with@revkev and encourage you to keep up the great work. It seems like the plateaus get longer, but the end result is definitely worth it.

Also, I want to say thank you to @GolfSpyBarbajo for the excellent write-up on the main page. I was nearly late getting back from break when I saw it was posted.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'll agree with@revkev and encourage you to keep up the great work. It seems like the plateaus get longer, but the end result is definitely worth it.

Also, I want to say thank you to @GolfSpyBarbajo for the excellent write-up on the main page. I was nearly late getting back from break when I saw it was posted.

I have a bone to pick with you chunks - getting new clubs is a like a new wardrobe when you loose weight?  I lost weight, it cost me $250 to replace my dress clothes. 

Those are the two fittings towards new clubs. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have a bone to pick with you chunks - getting new clubs is a like a new wardrobe when you loose weight?  I lost weight, it cost me $250 to replace my dress clothes. 
Those are the two fittings towards new clubs.
It definitely feels good when you do it, but it kills the checking account. I would definitely say need clothes are less expensive, but they don't bring in the fun factor of a shiny new set of clubs. Have you gone for your fitting yet? I really can't wait to see what you end up with.

By the way, for $250 I bet you got a lot of new clothes. Aren't skinny people clothes cheaper that the husky stuff like I have to wear?

Thanks for everyone's response.  I appreciate the feedback.  I love the response that indicated when you least expect the increase, it happens.  That's how it felt. 

I am excited and looking forward to the next few weeks.  Hopefully, I will remain injury free and stay after this.  I did not make it to 5 weeks in my past attempts before this year, so I am already in a better place. 

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That was a great article.  I dislike reading my own comments for anything but it was cool to see our story on the main page.  Way to go @revkev and @sirchunksalot.  You're famous!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

That was an awesome article. Great job guys!

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

That was a great article.  I dislike reading my own comments for anything but it was cool to see our story on the main page.  Way to go [mention=16651]revkev[/mention] and [mention=80128]sirchunksalot[/mention].  You're famous!

Legends in our own minds. :) You sounded great Bucky. I did not have a career drive in league play tonight but I had the next best thing, 3 7 irons from 160 plus that left me in birdie range. Those would have been 5 hybrids last year.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That was an excellent summary in the article and very motivating.  I believe that I'm going to order a set during my knee surgery recovery so that I can begin training as soon as the doctor releases me to swing full again!  Thanks to all the testers for sticking with it and giving us valuable information!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I read the blog and have a much better understanding and appreciation for the testing you guys have done. Great job guys and great results and I truly appreciate how you guys have stuck to the training. Props!

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

We shouldn’t loose sight of the fact that SuperSpeed has been great through this process. For example their little post a week or so ago about how to maintain during the season was huge. I was really struggling with what to do between play and work. Work will slow after next week and having done maintenance the past few weeks I’ll jump back in where I left off.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

21 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

That was a great article.  I dislike reading my own comments for anything but it was cool to see our story on the main page.  Way to go @revkev and @sirchunksalot.  You're famous!

For me, one of the best parts was seeing what everyone's real name is 😉 

Very cool.

7 hours ago, revkev said:

We shouldn’t loose sight of the fact that SuperSpeed has been great through this process. For example their little post a week or so ago about how to maintain during the season was huge. I was really struggling with what to do between play and work. Work will slow after next week and having done maintenance the past few weeks I’ll jump back in where I left off.

Absolutely!  I'm not even part of the official test group, and they treated me as is I was. 

Agreed and they've also been great to us non-official testers who wanted the revamped protocol

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It definitely feels good when you do it, but it kills the checking account. I would definitely say need clothes are less expensive, but they don't bring in the fun factor of a shiny new set of clubs. Have you gone for your fitting yet? I really can't wait to see what you end up with.

By the way, for $250 I bet you got a lot of new clothes. Aren't skinny people clothes cheaper that the husky stuff like I have to wear?

Beals Outlet on senior discount day is the bomb. Got three pairs of dress paints, a pair of jeans and two pairs of shorts for a song there. Picked up two pairs of shorts and some shirts at my club on year end close outs and found clerical collars really cheap on line.

I threw the old clothes away as an incentive to keep the weight off.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So after reading this thread and the article, I pulled the trigger.  Mine arrived today and I did my first protocol this afternoon.  Couple of observations...

1. 3 swings per side is way more intensive than I expected it to be
  2. My swing speed is all over the place...  I assume that is normal to start with?
  3. Right handed swings are tough for a lefty
  4. I'm understanding this is 3 times a week...  I assume at least 1 day off in between?  
  • Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

So after reading this thread and the article, I pulled the trigger.  Mine arrived today and I did my first protocol this afternoon.  Couple of observations...
  1. 3 swings per side is way more intensive than I expected it to be
  2. My swing speed is all over the place...  I assume that is normal to start with?
  3. Right handed swings are tough for a lefty
  4. I'm understanding this is 3 times a week...  I assume at least 1 day off in between?  
I'll agree with you that it's amazing how so few swings can exhaust you, but overall with the warm-up swings it's 56 swings. That's about nine holes worth of swings, for me. Plus, you're having to go all out in an attempt to beat your previous swing. It's something you'll get used to until you make it to the next protocol and get introduced to the next routine, but the adjustment period will be shorter.

Until you get a few sessions in, your swing speed will vary. Eventually, you'll start seeing more consistency with each club.

Lefty swings are tough for a righty.

You will want to take a day off between workouts. For me I try to do my sessions Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. Also, if you do a session on a day you play, you'll want to space it out by a few hours.

Welcome aboard! If you have any questions feel free to ask. This is a great group of testers and every one of them is more than happy to help. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Working on reading my way through this thread again but how many of you would say the radar is necessary?

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Working on reading my way through this thread again but how many of you would say the radar is necessary?

Definitely necessary. It is important to monitor your swings to ensure they are going faster. There is a big difference between swinging harder and swinging faster. The radar helps to confirm what you are doing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'll agree with@cnosil that the radar is definitely needed. It's a great motivator and it lets you keep track of your progress.