Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Been looking at the system for a little bit now...

Without a big long answer, is it worth the money?

Its $200 for the sticks and another $100 for the swing radar, correct? anywhere to find cheaper or advice for getting for less? thanks

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

34 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Its $200 for the sticks and another $100 for the swing radar, correct? anywhere to find cheaper or advice for getting for less? thanks

There is a DIY thread somewhere that explains how to build a set yourself.  My thought was with all the positive reviews, go ahead and drop the coin.  Apparently it works as advertised.  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

If you are looking for a way to increase swingsoeed it is worth the money.

Cheaper options would be to find someone selling a used set. There was one on here about a week ago for $250 for the sticks and radar.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not sure why - but just read John Barba's Blog article on Superspeed and had a epiphany.

Some of you may have read in other posts that I had intentionally slowed my (driver) swing down to work on accuracy. i had felt that by methodically going through the swing at a slower speed I'd get a much narrower dispersion. I did achieve the goal but may have short circuited my "neurons". I noticed this past winter at the driving range and most recently on the course that I'm just not getting the distance that I use to get or want. Ok yes I am a year older, however, I do work out and I'm  in pretty good physical shape . But my bud's (some of whom are out of shape) are outdriving me what gives? 

I thought it was all about muscle and then I read the following in the Superspeed Blog article: "in its essence, just resets the normal reaction speed to a motor pattern. Translation: your neurons are turbo-charged into a new normal, and you can swing the club faster".

Ok I'm convinced  - now how do I turbocharge my neurons quickly????? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It works if you follow the program and yes it’s worth the money. For less than the cost of a new driver you will hit the ball farther.

Check out eBay and Amazon for the radar - May save 20 or 30 bucks there.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Broke the 130 barrier with green today; also hit 120 with the blue.    I know it won't last, but enjoying the big speed jumps I am seeing over the past week or so.  

1240046983_IMG_0427(Small).JPG.78e8338997057c39bde07695e8d602f5.JPG

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Broke the 130 barrier with green today; also hit 120 with the blue.    I know it won't last, but enjoying the big speed jumps I am seeing over the past week or so.  

I hope to one day be a member of that club!! What did you start at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I hope to one day be a member of that club!! What did you start at?

I am in week 9’and my week 1 speed was 122 and 112 for those green and blue. If you look back to my post from a few days ago you can see my week 1-8 results.

Shot my best round ever yesterday, 44/45 for an 89. I had six drives register over 240 yards with four of those going over 250. My longest drive of the day was 259.

I'm currently in a maintenance phase due to the fact it's been a busy couple of weeks and playing and practicing with the Callaway. I'm more than happy with how SuperSpeed has really changed my game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Shot my best round ever yesterday, 44/45 for an 89. I had six drives register over 240 yards with four of those going over 250. My longest drive of the day was 259.

I'm currently in a maintenance phase due to the fact it's been a busy couple of weeks and playing and practicing with the Callaway. I'm more than happy with how SuperSpeed has really changed my game.

Oh awesome! First round in the 80's?!?!?!? Congrats to you in a big way

Congrats, new forum tag is now available!!!!

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Dude, that's awesome!  Congrats on breaking 90! consistent too! if you're starting to drive it up to 260 I see a 79 in your future.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Question for you testers or SuperSpeed folks...

I usually warm up with my Skillz Gold Flex swing trainer when I get to my match on league days.  This is because we do not have a range there, only a net to hit into.  I typically take 7-10 swings, starting slow just to get a good stretch.  I usually feel pretty loose after this and then take practice swings on the tee while we wait to get going, maybe hit some irons into the net.

Has anyone brought the light club to the course and taken some swings before heading out for a round?  I could see this being effective to trigger the speed demon inside all of us but not sure if anyone else has tried or not.

BTW.. I did my second training session last night and the off-hand swings felt much less awkward this time.  Didn't get higher than 116, but all of my off-hand clubs saw increases to nearly the same as normal swings, and I hit 116 twice.

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

I usually warm up with my Skillz Gold Flex swing trainer when I get to my match on league days.  This is because we do not have a range there, only a net to hit into.  I typically take 7-10 swings, starting slow just to get a good stretch.  I usually feel pretty loose after this and then take practice swings on the tee while we wait to get going, maybe hit some irons into the net.

Has anyone brought the light club to the course and taken some swings before heading out for a round?  I could see this being effective to trigger the speed demon inside all of us but not sure if anyone else has tried or not.

BTW.. I did my second training session last night and the off-hand swings felt much less awkward this time.  Didn't get higher than 116, but all of my off-hand clubs saw increases to nearly the same as normal swings, and I hit 116 twice.

I was using the Skilz Gold Flex before I started the SSG training, and I continue to use it when I do my SSG warmup routine.  I also use it on the range before practice and before I tee off on the 1st tee.  

I start with 5 easy swings both right and left handed.  Then I do 10 swings putting a lot of effort into each one, both right and left handed.

I haven't used the SSG light club before a round, but I will take a hybrid and swing it upside down; of course, both right and left handed!!

Soon, your non-dominant hand swings will become faster as they start to feel more natural.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was using the Skilz Gold Flex before I started the SSG training, and I continue to use it when I do my SSG warmup routine.  I also use it on the range before practice and before I tee off on the 1st tee.  
I start with 5 easy swings both right and left handed.  Then I do 10 swings putting a lot of effort into each one, both right and left handed.
I haven't used the SSG light club before a round, but I will take a hybrid and swing it upside down; of course, both right and left handed!!
Soon, your non-dominant hand swings will become faster as they start to feel more natural.

Thanks! My non-dominant swings *should* be better considering I’m a lefty that swings righty. Haha

Now if it could just stop raining on league days :)

36 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Thanks! My non-dominant swings *should* be better considering I’m a lefty that swings righty. Haha

Now if it could just stop raining on league days 🙂

You are lucky.  I have days, especially after doing the SSG test, where I thought I should change to swinging lefty.  I'm afraid it might take too long to make the change, but pulling down from the top of the backswing with my dominant right arm is faster and feels more controlled.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I haven't tried swinging the light club before a round, but I do the dynamic warm-up with the heavy club progression at the end. SuperSpeed has put out their suggested warm-up routine:
20190228_100537-01.jpeg

I haven't done this one, I guess I'm too lazy to put the two extra clubs in my bag. I do like the fact it has you swinging the light club at the end.

I haven't tried swinging the light club before a round, but I do the dynamic warm-up with the heavy club progression at the end. SuperSpeed has put out their suggested warm-up routine:
20190228_100537-01.jpeg.7780e78abbb7d2eb065a6f302958eec9.jpeg

I haven't done this one, I guess I'm too lazy to put the two extra clubs in my bag. I do like the fact it has you swinging the light club at the end.

Thanks for that! Seems pretty similar to what I would be doing. Might give that a shot this week. It’s going to be cold and damp tomorrow so I could use a little extra oomph if I can get it. Haha

IMG_5359.JPG

Love when UPS shows up at the door haha. Not just gotta wait for my radar!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

9 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I've been using the sticks for my pre-round warmup. I rarely hit balls before playing, so what I've been doing so far this year is:

• Five "easy" right-handed swings with green, blue, red (in that order)
  • Five "easy" left-handed swings with green, blue, red (in that order)
  • Three "hard" right-handed swings with green, blue, red (in that order)
  • Three "hard" left-handed swings with green, blue, red (in that order)
  • Three "max" right-handed swings with green club

If I have time I will then chip and putt before heading out to the first tee. Or, if I'm not at my home course, I'll quick run through this routine on the first tee box. Seems to be working well, and I feel pretty loose afterward.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 4/30/2019 at 5:03 PM, cnosil said:

Awesome, dude! I just logged on to post mine, too:

IMG_20190501_184355.jpg.bc7ecbaa47367b56e407a323662f5918.jpg

I made two small changes (really focusing on a good shoulder turn and tension-free swinging). I'm ecstatic. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Wow

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 4/30/2019 at 10:03 PM, cnosil said:

thats fantastic- what will that equate to, speed wise, with your driver?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Based on what I have read the easy calculation is 81% of green number, 85% of blue, and 88% red. The 135 would translate to 109ish. I have swung faster on the radar and GC quad with a driver. 111 is the max I have hit on GC quad when I was doing the most wanted driver testing. I need to swing a driver when I go to headquarters. But most have been put away since iron testing is underway. I have gone all out with a 5 iron and was just under 100mph.

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Based on what I have read the easy calculation is 81% of green number, 85% of blue, and 88% red. The 135 would translate to 109ish. I have swung faster on the radar and GC quad with a driver. 111 is the max I have hit on GC quad when I was doing the most wanted driver testing. I need to swing a driver when I go to headquarters. But most have been put away since iron testing is underway. I have gone all out with a 5 iron and was just under 100mph.

Sounds right in there I'd say. I was lucky enough (or ashamed enough) to have done my SS training yesterday mornng, and then by chance just happened to end up in a fitting bay hitting some drivers and here is what I saw same day: Morning training session recorded 133 Green, 131 Blue, 125 Red...........and then on GC Quad in afternoon I pretty much lived in the 110-113mph range for most all swings.

Edit: my all time highs for those 3 clubs being higher (142 G, 135 B, 127 R) just slightly, if trying to compare a "ceiling" number, but same day as above stated I think is nice to see.

Edited by Trial&Error

11 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

20190430_104013.jpeg

Had the juice the other day entering week 20. Really looking forward to starting the ASD next week to see if that can give me one last jump. For those guys who've done the ASD did you see a jump after or was it still gradual?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Oh boy!! Big numbers. What have you seen for Driver swing speed lately then? If we are trying tokeep track of and chime in on "training numbers (and percentages) versus driver speeds as discussed above.

Hit 125 with my last swing of week 1 training!

IMG_4446.jpg

So far I am very impressed with this program. I took some swings with my driver before hand after warming up and was hitting 109! And that was only after two sessions.

Looking forward to continuing on to week 2!

3 hours ago, tchat07 said:

20190430_104013.jpeg

Had the juice the other day entering week 20. Really looking forward to starting the ASD next week to see if that can give me one last jump. For those guys who've done the ASD did you see a jump after or was it still gradual?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Oh man, that's crazy!

You're Nolan Ryan to my Randy Jones

Man these are some serious numbers that you boys are putting up.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches