TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Oh boy!! Big numbers. What have you seen for Driver swing speed lately then? If we are trying tokeep track of and chime in on "training numbers (and percentages) versus driver speeds as discussed above.
Driver swing speed falls right into that 81% rule. However I am not able to swing with that much speed at a ball as of yet. That speeds lags behind by about 5 to 10 mph.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Man these are some serious numbers that you boys are putting up.

hoping to see your numbers getting up there as well!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Congrats guys to all the big numbers that y'all are putting up!@cnosil @Trial& Error @B.Boston @tchat07 you guys are putting up numbers I'd love to see.

I've been in the maintenance phase for the last couple of weeks due to golf season, driver testing, and just having to do things around the house. Spring time is definitely busy time.

One note about the maintenance phase, it's awkward going back and doing the step change, my body wants to do the double step.

Keep up the great work guys! It's definitely worth it when you start reaching parts of the course you're not used to hitting from.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

9 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

Oh man, that's crazy!

You're Nolan Ryan to my Randy Jones

Thanks for the Randy Jones link. That was a good read!

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

hoping to see your numbers getting up there as well!

I have a limiting factor - it’s called age. I’d love to top that 125 mark though - that would be cool

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thought I'd post a few numbers now that I've finished week 20...the past 3 weeks have been busy, so I've only been able get 2 sessions a week in, but my speeds have been holding pretty steady.  I plan to work in the ASD protocols starting next week - I'm going to skip the first one and jump to the second since sequencing is a bit more of a problem for me than ground contact.  Running that for 6 weeks will get me to the end of level 3, then I'll go into maintenance mode for the rest of the summer which will free up some time for practice between rounds on Saturdays.  Not sure if that's enough time to get out of the current plateau, but I'll be happy to stay where I am and not lose ground.

I got to play my first round of the season this past Saturday, and was pretty happy especially considering I haven't been able to hit balls at the range or into a net in my yard due to all the rain we've had.  Broke my previous best score by 4 strokes (97 - it's not easy being a 30+ handicap)...if I hadn't missed 4 putts I normally would have made and didn't blow up on a couple of par 3s on 16 and 17, I had a good shot at 90.  Next round: tomorrow.

I think I was hitting a little longer than last year, but was a bit wild and hit some pop-ups off the tee and was a bit left.  Don't have any data from last year - this was my first round with the Arccos, which is an awesome device.  Definitely was more comfortable in my swing than last year, and everything I hit was pretty straight (except one drive that I pulled left to the far side of the neighboring fairway - but made my best shot of the day with a 7 iron 140 yds onto the green, wouldn't have done that last year).

Anyway, here's the numbers:

image.png.e1345dcd44f5c709750376259cc506d7.png

Thought I'd post a few numbers now that I've finished week 20...the past 3 weeks have been busy, so I've only been able get 2 sessions a week in, but my speeds have been holding pretty steady.  I plan to work in the ASD protocols starting next week - I'm going to skip the first one and jump to the second since sequencing is a bit more of a problem for me than ground contact.  Running that for 6 weeks will get me to the end of level 3, then I'll go into maintenance mode for the rest of the summer which will free up some time for practice between rounds on Saturdays.  Not sure if that's enough time to get out of the current plateau, but I'll be happy to stay where I am and not lose ground.
I got to play my first round of the season this past Saturday, and was pretty happy especially considering I haven't been able to hit balls at the range or into a net in my yard due to all the rain we've had.  Broke my previous best score by 4 strokes (97 - it's not easy being a 30+ handicap)...if I hadn't missed 4 putts I normally would have made and didn't blow up on a couple of par 3s on 16 and 17, I had a good shot at 90.  Next round: tomorrow.
I think I was hitting a little longer than last year, but was a bit wild and hit some pop-ups off the tee and was a bit left.  Don't have any data from last year - this was my first round with the Arccos, which is an awesome device.  Definitely was more comfortable in my swing than last year, and everything I hit was pretty straight (except one drive that I pulled left to the far side of the neighboring fairway - but made my best shot of the day with a 7 iron 140 yds onto the green, wouldn't have done that last year).
Anyway, here's the numbers:
image.png.e1345dcd44f5c709750376259cc506d7.png
Mike, first of all congrats on your new low score! That's awesome! I want you to know that I also struggled with pop-ups. I think the training might have led to a steeper angle of attack, for me, and caused me to hit high on the face. I tried lowering my tee height, shoulder angles, and ball position. It took a little time and a lot of frustration before being able to find good contact, but once I did, yowza! I'm dropping bombs and have more confidence in my driver than I've had in a long time. I have complete and total faith you'll get there.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait to hear stories from you and the other testers of long drives and low scores.

I’m going to do ASD 2 for a while again - just struggling with my sequencing a bit. I worked it out on the range yesterday but I’ve had a couple of rounds recently where I was leaving my irons right - I’m sure I need a different shaft in those irons but that’s also a swing flaw.

I have also noticed that I need to tee the ball lower than I used to. So reading that from two other guys is interesting

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’m going to do ASD 2 for a while again - just struggling with my sequencing a bit. I worked it out on the range yesterday but I’ve had a couple of rounds recently where I was leaving my irons right - I’m sure I need a different shaft in those irons but that’s also a swing flaw.

I have also noticed that I need to tee the ball lower than I used to. So reading that from two other guys is interesting

I've actually gone from using 3 1/2" tees down to 2 3/4" to make up for how much lower I'm teeing the ball. I used to tee it high and let it fly now I tee it low and watch it go!

I think the ASD 2 protocol is phenomenal, getting a feel for how the whole body works in concert to swing the club makes a huge difference in my game. Heck, it's the one Phil's doing every time I see him with a SuperSpeed stick in his hands. If it's good enough for Phil, it's good enough for me.

What is ASD? Can I get that info on their site? I’d scroll back through the thread to see if it was there but figured I’d ask since you just mentioned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

What is ASD? Can I get that info on their site? I’d scroll back through the thread to see if it was there but figured I’d ask since you just mentioned it.

It's their Advanced Speed Development protocols, three different exercises you do once a week, starting week 20, to help you work on a specific deficiency in your swing. One is for lag, one is for sequencing, and the other is ground contact. They do have the videos on their website under Advanced Drills. They also have instructions on how to either have a professional diagnose your swing to determine which one to do, and they have methods to self diagnose.

For example, since rev and I were talking ASD 2 which is sequencing I'll self diagnose.

Go to the range with the radar and hit balls with your normal swing. Let's say you average 100 mph. Then hit balls using a half swing with the same effort and check your speed. If your speed isn't within 7 percent of your full swing, 93 mph in this example, then you'll want to do ASD 2.

It's their Advanced Speed Development protocols, three different exercises you do once a week, starting week 20, to help you work on a specific deficiency in your swing. One is for lag, one is for sequencing, and the other is ground contact. They do have the videos on their website under Advanced Drills. They also have instructions on how to either have a professional diagnose your swing to determine which one to do, and they have methods to self diagnose.

For example, since rev and I were talking ASD 2 which is sequencing I'll self diagnose.

Go to the range with the radar and hit balls with your normal swing. Let's say you average 100 mph. Then hit balls using a half swing with the same effort and check your speed. If your speed isn't within 7 percent of your full swing, 93 mph in this example, then you'll want to do ASD 2.

Very interesting! I’ll give those a watch. I got 19 weeks to go before I have to worry about that I guess. Haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Very interesting! I’ll give those a watch. I got 19 weeks to go before I have to worry about that I guess. Haha

Yep - one week at a time - you still have the joy of kneeling swings coming down the pike.:)

I just did my ASD workout - feels great - really fits what my teacher has me working on in my swing. I’m going to do another 6 weeks of it along with picking the level 4 protocols back up next week.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Have completed 9 weeks of the training and definitely seeing improved performance on the course and not just with the driver.

During my round yesterday I observed that I was 20+ yards past one of my golf buddies that I was previously 5-10 yards longer than. My ball is ending up equal too or past where I was hitting prior to the training even on swings that have less than. perfect impact. May have to rethink some clubs selections off the tee as I am running the ball through some fairways even in holes where I have already gone to less than driver.

Tried to use the GC Quad at headquarters to measure driver speed but they have them set for iron testing so when I tee the ball up, it is out of range and the ball isn’t picked up.

Wonder what would happen if I listened to the ball testing results and picked a better ball.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thank you all.  This has been a great thread, and the participation level has been an inspiration. 

I chose not to purchase the sticks last year because I don’t have the indoor space for off season workouts. Well now that spring has sprung and I can work outside, I sprang for the sticks and radar, purchasing from my pro shop. The pros at my club are universally enthusiastic about Superspeed.  One added 12 mph on his driver SS last year, another added 9 mph.  I asked about ball striking and possible negative effects of practicing an “all out” swing, and they basically said the same thing that has been said here, that ball striking actually improves.

So far so good, entering my second week of the beginning protocol.  Some days are better than others, but I have a good feeling about this project. I played on Saturday, with week one in the books, and I was shocked at how comfortable I was with the driver. I had no trouble with tempo or wildness.  I wasn’t longer, but I was basically hitting my longest drives if that makes sense.  Another way to say it may be that I didn’t hit any short drives, they were all well struck.

i hope I stay healthy so I can get through these first six to twelve weeks. 8-12 mph would be pretty incredible. 

Thanks again for all the discussion, I would never have purchased these without reading through this thread. 

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

43 minutes ago, L.I. Rich said:

Thank you all.  This has been a great thread, and the participation level has been an inspiration. 

I chose not to purchase the sticks last year because I don’t have the indoor space for off season workouts. Well now that spring has sprung and I can work outside, I sprang for the sticks and radar, purchasing from my pro shop. The pros at my club are universally enthusiastic about Superspeed.  One added 12 mph on his driver SS last year, another added 9 mph.  I asked about ball striking and possible negative effects of practicing an “all out” swing, and they basically said the same thing that has been said here, that ball striking actually improves.

So far so good, entering my second week of the beginning protocol.  Some days are better than others, but I have a good feeling about this project. I played on Saturday, with week one in the books, and I was shocked at how comfortable I was with the driver. I had no trouble with tempo or wildness.  I wasn’t longer, but I was basically hitting my longest drives if that makes sense.  Another way to say it may be that I didn’t hit any short drives, they were all well struck.

i hope I stay healthy so I can get through these first six to twelve weeks. 8-12 mph would be pretty incredible. 

Thanks again for all the discussion, I would never have purchased these without reading through this thread. 

That's great man, best of luck on the journey. You are gonna have some serious "light bulb" moments and excitement at times.

<---------I finally get to kick the kneeling swings to the curb (thanks heavens) and graduate on to Level 4 in two weeks. Looking forward to doing all standing swings again.

EDIT: In first sentence.........could also replace "journey" with "addition," b/c the training swing increases does become so, and self feeding

Edited by Trial&Error

Thanks Trial&Error.

looking ahead, is there a better option for the kneeling swings than the stability pro pad?  Anyone try masonry knee pads?

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Do you all find the radar to be accurate?Got my radar in today and swung my driver and it registered about 10 mph higher than my normal swing speed.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Do you all find the radar to be accurate?Got my radar in today and swung my driver and it registered about 10 mph higher than my normal swing speed.

I find it to be fairly accurate and very consistent. I’ve read else where that it can be + or - 3%. If you have very active wrists I would imagine this could be more as it measures the fastest part. As long as you understand how each of the systems work you should be able to figure out what a comparable speed would be on a different LM.

1 hour ago, L.I. Rich said:

Thanks Trial&Error.

looking ahead, is there a better option for the kneeling swings than the stability pro pad?  Anyone try masonry knee pads?

I am just kneeling in the grass with no pad.   Good thing the year has been rainy making the ground softer

Thanks Trial&Error.
I didn't try any sort of knee pads, but I did pick up a kneeling pad at Lowe's early in the process. I think I paid $10 for it and it's definitely better than just placing my knees on the ground.@cnosil you're definitely a tougher man than I am.
20190506_193008-01.jpeg

2 hours ago, L.I. Rich said:

Welcome aboard!  You will be pleased. 

I have real world results today. Dogleg left hole with a bunker on the left hand side with a 230 yard carry and the ball will trundle further down the hill towards the green. Go to the right and the ball just runs off into the rough unless you have a good slinging draw going on!  I have NEVER carried this bunker in 20 years of playing this golf course....until today!

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

22 minutes ago, joen said:

Welcome aboard!  You will be pleased. 

I have real world results today. Dogleg left hole with a bunker on the left hand side with a 230 yard carry and the ball will trundle further down the hill towards the green. Go to the right and the ball just runs off into the rough unless you have a good slinging draw going on!  I have NEVER carried this bunker in 20 years of playing this golf course....until today!

Awesome

43 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I didn't try any sort of knee pads, but I did pick up a kneeling pad at Lowe's early in the process. I think I paid $10 for it and it's definitely better than just placing my knees on the ground.@cnosil you're definitely a tougher man than I am.
20190506_193008-01.jpeg

Thanks. The mind is willing but my knees are weak!

Better option for price or quality? That stability pro is pretty good but it is pricey. It cushions the blow the retry well even at my age. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It is the price that’s galling. $50 for a styrofoam rectangle is a pretty bold ask. 

It is the price that’s galling. $50 for a styrofoam rectangle is a pretty bold ask. 

I’ve still got a few weeks before I need to worry about that. But I’ll probably try a towel rolled up first.

If that doesn’t work I’ll steal some of the ABC floor tiles from my kids’ play room.

Only one more session left for me in week 2. No increases to right hand speed but all of my left hand speeds have increased. Almost even with my right hand speed now.

I have a few weeks to improvise something to kneel on. I’ll post my first two weeks results when I do the last session in a couple of days.  I’ll be playing Thursday and Saturday and I’m really hoping that the ball striking remains steady. 

I have a few weeks to improvise something to kneel on. I’ll post my first two weeks results when I do the last session in a couple of days.  I’ll be playing Thursday and Saturday and I’m really hoping that the ball striking remains steady. 

PM Bucky from this thread - he jury rigged a kneeling pad and it worked out great for him. I’m guessing he’s moved on to Cobra connect and not checking in here. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

IMG_1792.JPGIMG_1791.JPG

Here’s some more encouragement. I’ve been working on my clubs from 150-200 this week to prepare for my Ping test - except now they are from 165-220 thanks to SuperSpeed.

When I started last August the longest par 4 that I could reach in 2 was 410. Now I can cover 460. Most of the courses that I play have a par 5 or 2 between 460-480. All I need is a little breeze or a perfect strike and that’s in range now.

Both of these pictures were of shots hit (3 wood, 4 hybrid) with range balls. Add a couple of mph swing speed 5 mph ball speed and 6-8 more yards with my gamer ball.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches