Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Hey All - I haven't had a chance to drop by for about 2 weeks now.  

First off:  welcome to the new guys!  I just caught of on all your posts, I'm psyched to see you join us - I'm an "unofficial tester" like you guys (just finished week 22), and having new folks definitely keeps the enthusiasm going, in a training program this long, some weeks it's more like a chore.

With all the rain and cold this spring here in the Boston area, I've only gotten in two session for the past 5 weeks, and my speeds have been down just a tick. Haven't practiced at all, which certainly doesn't help.   Playing my 3rd round of the season tomorrow - the first round was great (for me), my second round was awful - couldn't hit anything (didn't play last weekend, my youngest kid graduated from college, woo hoo!)...but one thing that stands out so far is I've hit the ball straighter than I ever have in the 3 years I've been playing.  Hopeful I didn't just jinx myself.  Anyway, I'm chalking that up to the SS drills, no matter what anyone says ;-)

Man congrats on the big number!
Your training numbers confuse me a bit (not to be insulting), I'm not yet understanding where the speed goes on the driver SS though? You've been posting all the same and comparable numbers I've reported for some time I think but from your reports the driver SS hasn't played up to full potential yet? Holding back on the driver?
I have the same "problem" as@edingc I usually get speeds in the 110s to 120s when swinging without a ball. The moment I drop a ball down there though it drops considerably. For me personally though my distance has gone up on my drives so i am not overly concerned. My rationale is if I continue to work at it I'll start getting closer to my max swing speed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Is anyone doing the ASD protocols? I started this week and started with them on day 1 and then day 2 my speeds were way down. Should I do the ASD on day 2/3?

I always did mine on day 2. I kind of liked breaking up the pattern during the week just to keep it kind of fresh. I've also noticed, for me, that anytime there is a new move introduced that my speeds go down until I get used to it.

To any of you who are experiencing different misses, it'll take time but it'll become more manageable. Like you, I really struggled with pull hooks for a while, and still do occasionally. It's getting better, but I think in trying to swing faster it does build some habits that you have to be aware of while on the course. For me it was a longer backswing and a steeper angle of attack. With practice, I've seen better results on the course. I do still tend to pull the ball and most of my misses are left.

I guess I'm the odd man out when it comes to what's gained speed. My driver is fast! My irons are still going about the same distance, but I've always had more tension in my iron swing. I had a set for years I just couldn't hit and it's stuck with me to this day. I guess I just need to let the wife know I need more practice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Is anyone doing the ASD protocols? I started this week and started with them on day 1 and then day 2 my speeds were way down. Should I do the ASD on day 2/3?

I did mine on day 2. If I’m any indication you will have ebbs and flows with your speeds. I think we are all a bit different in what that looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 5/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, jacustomgolf said:

Did anyone experience issues with their golf swing while using these?  I am about 3 weeks in and have developed a major swing issue and I am not sure if it is from this or the fact that I just do not practice any more. 

Make sure you practice. I believe when you get faster....the speed will be harder to control especially if you aren’t practicing. Much like driving a car around a curve at a lower speed versus a faster speed. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Something clicked today and some speed decided to show up. Ironically, it was very cool (mid-40s) and I didn't warm up much, so I'm not 100 percent sure where the speed came from.

20190520_121631.jpg.3e7693b0db01d0b93784662b729e5937.jpg

I saw a large number of drives hit 102-104 MPH, and my 8 iron hit 90 MPH a few times with a lot in the 87-88 MPH range. This is a huge jump in speed from a few weeks ago.

Keeping track, last winter during my heated range sessions I was around 92-96 MPH on the Swing Caddie.

I've started focusing on getting the red and blue sticks to increase at a similar rate to my green stick. Swing wise, I've been consciously working to eliminate an inside takeaway. The additional room in the downswing created by the better takeaway probably has a lot to do with the sudden speed bump. I obviously still have some issues with longer clubs. If speed trended linearly from my short irons, my driver should still be faster.

Needless to say this was a nice surprise on the range this afternoon!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Got to hit some balls in the simulator at work today. Before you ask, I work in a software company which has many floors of a mid-rise building. We have a shared gym which on top of a bunch of nice equipment has a hitting bay and one simulator.

Not sure which type of Sim it is... uses overhead tracking and infrared grids in front of you before the screen. Was running E6 software.

IMG_4648.jpg

This was my longest of the day, 105.something swing speed with their Titleist 917 D2 and Rogue MAX 65 S. Nice feeling driver BTW.

I was hoping for more gains at this point, but I certainly got up to that speed easier. And think I found something that was blocking my hips from rotating. I think my stance was too wide, as I was stuck around 100mph for a while until I tried a slightly narrower stance.

I’m interested to try that out while doing my training session tomorrow to hopefully post some new big numbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Congrats you guys, keep it all up! Wish I could join in with something new to celebrate, however I can not. I played bad, real bad last weekend, but it happens and it'll likely be better next time........but I WILL NOT let it stop the protocols, Level 4 began today, and I have lots of big golf coming up the next 1 to 2 months, so forging on.

This thread could use some new and continued inspiration and reports from the "newer" fellas, so keep grinding. I'm crossing my fingers for when we see or hear about our first party who believes sees the THIRD smaller increase in speed

Got to hit some balls in the simulator at work today. Before you ask, I work in a software company which has many floors of a mid-rise building. We have a shared gym which on top of a bunch of nice equipment has a hitting bay and one simulator.

Not sure which type of Sim it is... uses overhead tracking and infrared grids in front of you before the screen. Was running E6 software.

IMG_4648.thumb.jpg.93b7570dc7754c73df4e6eb8b5f0adcb.jpg

This was my longest of the day, 105.something swing speed with their Titleist 917 D2 and Rogue MAX 65 S. Nice feeling driver BTW.

I was hoping for more gains at this point, but I certainly got up to that speed easier. And think I found something that was blocking my hips from rotating. I think my stance was too wide, as I was stuck around 100mph for a while until I tried a slightly narrower stance.

I’m interested to try that out while doing my training session tomorrow to hopefully post some new big numbers!

It's amazing how you can do little tweaks to squeeze some more speed out of your swing. I've found bending a little more at the waist gives me just a little bit more speed.

Hi everyone. 

I wanted to introduce myself...I was toying with the idea of getting these sticks for a number of months. I started reading this thread about 2 months ago and seeing the success of many people on here I decided to purchase the sticks and the radar (£300 for both here in the UK). 

I wanted to start posting on here and say thanks to everyone who has posted their stories on here as it inspired me to start the training!

I’m in week 3 of the training now and have been really impressed with the results. I’m 26 and in relatively good shape but have always had a slow swing speed for my age, especially compared to my golfing friends.

So anyway I started out with a max of 91mph on the radar (with ball) 3 weeks ago and now at around 97 with a max of 101 which is really encouraging.

I’ve been keeping track of my max speeds with the sticks each week so will be sure to post them at some point.

In my last session I decided to hit some drives after the drills and was a bit concerned...I was hitting some big fades with the club face often wide open on impact. I tend to tee the ball quite high and noticed I was hitting making contact with the ball really high up on the face of the driver so will try teeing it further down. I’m used to drawing the ball so this was a bit of a shock! I think hitting drives immediately after the drills probably isn’t a great idea as I’m likely to be imitating my superspeed swings.

Anyway I look forward to joining the community on here!

Hi everyone. 
I wanted to introduce myself...I was toying with the idea of getting these sticks for a number of months. I started reading this thread about 2 months ago and seeing the success of many people on here I decided to purchase the sticks and the radar (£300 for both here in the UK). 
I wanted to start posting on here and say thanks to everyone who has posted their stories on here as it inspired me to start the training!
I’m in week 3 of the training now and have been really impressed with the results. I’m 26 and in relatively good shape but have always had a slow swing speed for my age, especially compared to my golfing friends.
So anyway I started out with a max of 91mph on the radar (with ball) 3 weeks ago and now at around 97 with a max of 101 which is really encouraging.
I’ve been keeping track of my max speeds with the sticks each week so will be sure to post them at some point.
In my last session I decided to hit some drives after the drills and was a bit concerned...I was hitting some big fades with the club face often wide open on impact. I tend to tee the ball quite high and noticed I was hitting making contact with the ball really high up on the face of the driver so will try teeing it further down. I’m used to drawing the ball so this was a bit of a shock! I think hitting drives immediately after the drills probably isn’t a great idea as I’m likely to be imitating my superspeed swings.

Welcome and sounds like you’re already making good progress! I just started week 4 myself. I started at 100 and the highest swing speed I’ve seen with my driver was immediately following training I hit 114. Funny thing is my highest during training was only 118 with the green stick... with balls my highest has been 105-106 but that was on a sim so not the same measuring tech and may not be the same as what the radar would have reported.

Swing fast!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Last fall before I started the SuperSpeed program I had a baby fade off the tee.  20+ weeks of indoor winter training with the SS program that baby fade turned into a massive slice followed by an overcorrecting pull hook.  After 7 mediocre rounds this spring I broke down and took a lesson yesterday.

I had worked with this instructor in the past so he knew a little about my swing already.  After 2-3 drives he noticed I was coming over the top and was very quick with my tempo.  He said it's not the first time a SuperSpeed student had a swing like that.  Coming over the top brings your shoulders into it more to try to gain those extra few mph.  May be something for those of us who live in cold weather climates to watch out for.  Training indoors and not being able to play live rounds for a few months can make things a bit messy.

We also made some other minor changes with my ball position and shoulders not be quite square to the target.  They were all small tweaks that immediately felt natural and had me hitting some booming drives.

Playing 18 later today so we'll see if the lesson fixed my miss or if it was just a range relevation that doesn't carry over to the course.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Last fall before I started the SuperSpeed program I had a baby fade off the tee.  20+ weeks of indoor winter training with the SS program that baby fade turned into a massive slice followed by an overcorrecting pull hook.  After 7 mediocre rounds this spring I broke down and took a lesson yesterday.
I had worked with this instructor in the past so he knew a little about my swing already.  After 2-3 drives he noticed I was coming over the top and was very quick with my tempo.  He said it's not the first time a SuperSpeed student had a swing like that.  Coming over the top brings your shoulders into it more to try to gain those extra few mph.  May be something for those of us who live in cold weather climates to watch out for.  Training indoors and not being able to play live rounds for a few months can make things a bit messy.
We also made some other minor changes with my ball position and shoulders not be quite square to the target.  They were all small tweaks that immediately felt natural and had me hitting some booming drives.
Playing 18 later today so we'll see if the lesson fixed my miss or if it was just a range relevation that doesn't carry over to the course.

It’s funny because I generally play a fade, but the radar has shown me that when I go too fast/hard from the top my speed is less at impact. So luckily I haven’t yet seen a decrease in accuracy outside of normal early season hiccups as long as I don’t try to crush it from the top and let the speed build.

Hopefully that continues as I get to the end of level 1. I don’t miss the days when my drives all went high and right lol

On 5/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, B.Boston said:

Welcome and sounds like you’re already making good progress! I just started week 4 myself. I started at 100 and the highest swing speed I’ve seen with my driver was immediately following training I hit 114. Funny thing is my highest during training was only 118 with the green stick... with balls my highest has been 105-106 but that was on a sim so not the same measuring tech and may not be the same as what the radar would have reported.

Swing fast!

Thank you! Interesting numbers...I’ve read on here that some people estimate green is approx 81% of your driver swing but clearly not for you! 

After completing 3 weeks of level 1 I played my first 18 holes of golf today. Predictably I didn’t do great. I tend to draw the ball but I left 80% of my drives and irons to the right today. All pushes. Just couldn’t square the club face up. Think it’s because by body is swinging faster than my arms? From what I’ve read this seems pretty common? Any fixes?

Anyway definitely happy to take the short term loss of accuracy. Hit a couple of bigger drives than I’m used to but difficult to say if that this was down to the training as they tended to be downwind and fairways quite dry in the UK currently, with a surprising lack of rain!

What I would say is that my poor strikes seem to go quite far and my worst drives seem to be as far as my previous ‘normal’ ones. So definitely encouraging! And only 3 weeks in so not looking for immediate results  

Hi everyone. 

Welcome! Good luck and please keep us updated.

@Bucky that’s so interesting. My go to move when I’m struggling is to try and swing over the top. That will generally get me back to a baby draw.

I wanted to check because I’m squarely in maintenance mode. So after doing my weekly workout I checked my driver SS and it was a solid 103. I’m hitting drives that would indicate that’s about right also.

I would have time to pick back up in level 4 after this upcoming week but July is terrible - I’m torn on what to do but will figure it out.

Ping fitting is Tuesday - can’t wait for that. I will try to have some numbers to report from that.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’m now in the middle of week five and my speeds are dropping:

Green

Blue

Red

Right

Left

Right

Left

Right

Left

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

So far in week five, my speeds are down even more. I understand this is somewhat expected, but it is puzzling.  My body feels a little stronger and more flexible, but just not able to get the moves correct to generate more speed. 

On the course I’ve had quite a bit of difficulty. I haven’t done any practicing between rounds, so the only swings I’m  taking between rounds are super speed swings. I’m not hitting fairways and the hooks are showing up in my irons too.  I would love to get to the range during the week, but family and work time constraints so far have made that impossible. 

I have seen some improved distances - on our longest par fours I’ll be hitting PW-9 in, but at the end of the round I’ll have 2 birdies and 4 lost balls. 

Im going to stick with it and try to get some practice in, maybe have a brief lesson to see if there’s some swing duct tape that can get me going again. 

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I’m now in the middle of week five and my speeds are dropping:

Green

Blue

Red

Right

Left

Right

Left

Right

Left

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

So far in week five, my speeds are down even more. I understand this is somewhat expected, but it is puzzling.  My body feels a little stronger and more flexible, but just not able to get the moves correct to generate more speed. 
On the course I’ve had quite a bit of difficulty. I haven’t done any practicing between rounds, so the only swings I’m  taking between rounds are super speed swings. I’m not hitting fairways and the hooks are showing up in my irons too.  I would love to get to the range during the week, but family and work time constraints so far have made that impossible. 
I have seen some improved distances - on our longest par fours I’ll be hitting PW-9 in, but at the end of the round I’ll have 2 birdies and 4 lost balls. 
Im going to stick with it and try to get some practice in, maybe have a brief lesson to see if there’s some swing duct tape that can get me going again. 

This will happen - at least it did to me - it’s not a straight line improvement on SS and likes I experienced a couple of periods where I struggled with my swing and where my SS dropped.

Hang in there!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks RevKev. 

After posting, I reread a dozen pages or so of the thread to remind myself that gains, plateaus, and losses are all to be expected.  

I also need to make time to practice.  I’m spending time on over speed training, it seems like I need to figure out a way to overcome the time issues and add balance to the off course work. 

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

@L.I. Rich man just hang in there. Do NOT be afraid to take a few days or a week away from the training and come back. Sometimes this can benefit you.

As an aside........we all gotta remember also, golf and the golf swing is very complex, and sometimes we point fingers at unrelated issues. Remember, "correlation is not always causation." Sometimes. I'll use example of myself this last week, I played like hammered poop, like stop keeping score bad and try to hit the ball, like loose 7 balls bad.......and shot 72 just a few weeks ago. So there I stand, starting to climb the pity bus for a non-stop trip! Thinking "I've spent all these months, I KNOW I have this added speed, and getting my @$$ kicked by my buddy. We start paying attention to divots, and alignment at address.............I found myself a new habit (somehow) setting up closed and aligned out to right field!

Bought some nylon rope, used 4 tees, made two alignment aids and off to the range and now I think I'm already on the mend. We called my awful outing last week "back to basics day." 🙂

You'll get there don't fret. We've all played PLENTY if s*** golf WELLLLLLLLL before superspeed I'm sure, I'm sure we'll play more too 🙂

1 hour ago, Trial&Error said:

@L.I. Rich man just hang in there. Do NOT be afraid to take a few days or a week away from the training and come back. Sometimes this can benefit you.

As an aside........we all gotta remember also, golf and the golf swing is very complex, and sometimes we point fingers at unrelated issues. Remember, "correlation is not always causation." Sometimes. I'll use example of myself this last week, I played like hammered poop, like stop keeping score bad and try to hit the ball, like loose 7 balls bad.......and shot 72 just a few weeks ago. So there I stand, starting to climb the pity bus for a non-stop trip! Thinking "I've spent all these months, I KNOW I have this added speed, and getting my @$$ kicked by my buddy. We start paying attention to divots, and alignment at address.............I found myself a new habit (somehow) setting up closed and aligned out to right field!

Bought some nylon rope, used 4 tees, made two alignment aids and off to the range and now I think I'm already on the mend. We called my awful outing last week "back to basics day." 🙂

You'll get there don't fret. We've all played PLENTY if s*** golf WELLLLLLLLL before superspeed I'm sure, I'm sure we'll play more too 🙂

Amen brother. Thank you!

Fellow SuperSpeeders I need your help!  Head on over to the Cobra Connect Challenge 3 page and vote for your favorite SS tester.  If I'm not your favorite vote for me anyway!  Link to the thread is in my signature and embedded below.  Thanks!

download.png.f5ee0e13f998b8a448b32eff3712ae78.png

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

Fellow SuperSpeeders I need your help!  Head on over to the Cobra Connect Challenge 3 page and vote for your favorite SS tester.  If I'm not your favorite vote for me anyway!  Link to the thread is in my signature and embedded below.  Thanks!
download.png.f5ee0e13f998b8a448b32eff3712ae78.png

If we vote for you do we get an extra boost in our swing speed?!

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

If we vote for you do we get an extra boost in our swing speed?!

Well I am kind of being a politician here so I'll lie and say YES!!!!  Vote for me and you'll see a 5mph gain in your swing speed!*

*swing speed increases are not actually guaranteed.

Well I am kind of being a politician here so I'll lie and say YES!!!!  Vote for me and you'll see a 5mph gain in your swing speed!*
*swing speed increases are not actually guaranteed.

Well then I cannot see any reason not to vote! Thank you good sir!

And in all seriousness, good luck with the challenge!!

4 weeks in and I think I’m on the brink of some increases.

IMG_4758.jpg

I came within 1mph of matching my fastest swing, and I had a greater frequency of higher swing speeds too.

These last two weeks can’t go fast enough before I retest my swing speed officially.

On course I’ve been no worse on accuracy but feel like I’ve gotten some gains. Perhaps 10-12 yards? Not sure if that’s because of higher swing speed or a little more consistency hitting the sweet spot, but I’ll take it either way!

This was my best drive from yesterday was within a foot of running out of fairway.

IMG_4762.jpg

How did you guys test your swing speed after the first six weeks? Just swinging in front of the radar or with balls?

IMG_4758.jpg.af8db396323cf49268c81820d67ed181.jpg

I came within 1mph of matching my fastest swing, and I had a greater frequency of higher swing speeds too.

These last two weeks can’t go fast enough before I retest my swing speed officially.

On course I’ve been no worse on accuracy but feel like I’ve gotten some gains. Perhaps 10-12 yards? Not sure if that’s because of higher swing speed or a little more consistency hitting the sweet spot, but I’ll take it either way!

This was my best drive from yesterday was within a foot of running out of fairway.

IMG_4762.thumb.jpg.66d3e05dac57f45bcfb93f877b36abeb.jpg

How did you guys test your swing speed after the first six weeks? Just swinging in front of the radar or with balls?

That is an absolute bomb! It's crazy when you nearly overshoot the fairway, although it's a good problem to have.

I always test my swing speed at the range, hitting balls. I would also like to recommend treating it for the next couple of weeks, sometimes the jump will not happen immediately after finishing one protocol and starting another. So, please don't get discouraged if you don't see it at week six, it might be week seven or eight before the new speed sets in.

Keep it up! You'll definitely love the new distance you'll gain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

15 hours ago, B.Boston said:

IMG_4758.jpg

This was my best drive from yesterday was within a foot of running out of fairway. emoji41.png

IMG_4762.jpg

My testing always consisted of warming up through the bag, and then hitting 10 drivers recording all the swings, and making note of my fastest and then the average over 10.

Also, I choose to "test" much more frequently in the beginning. I think it takes a little bit of pressure off of the actual test day, and heaven forbid you should wait all those weeks for that fateful day only to not be "feeling it" or yourself.............and set your self up for heart break. Since I tested more frequently, I would say there are DEFIANTLY days when you just "don't have it" and those when you really do. Just my two cents. 

My testing always consisted of warming up through the bag, and then hitting 10 drivers recording all the swings, and making note of my fastest and then the average over 10.
Also, I choose to "test" much more frequently in the beginning. I think it takes a little bit of pressure off of the actual test day, and heaven forbid you should wait all those weeks for that fateful day only to not be "feeling it" or yourself.............and set your self up for heart break. Since I tested more frequently, I would say there are DEFIANTLY days when you just "don't have it" and those when you really do. Just my two cents. 

No doubt about that! I know I have days where I’m swinging poorly and am just happy to have it on the fairway.

I’ve hit on the Sim at work and hit 105+ a few times, and upper 157-158 ball speed (Full swing simulator).

While I’d love to see some huge numbers Ill probably test over a few days to get a better idea. I can feel the days when I’m tight and when I’m loose and feeling it.

I will say this, I feel like this has already paid off! I played a round with my friend that used to be neck and neck with me, and I was consistently 10-15 yards past him, which was the goal to begin with :). I had one swing after training that hit 114 on the Radar, but this was without a ball, although I tried to swing as if I was swinging at a ball. That seems unlikely to me during actual swings, but was pretty cool anyway!

I’ve got a training session to do today and I’m feeling pretty good this morning so hopefully the first session of week 5 will bring some new personal bests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk