TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

16 hours ago, tchat07 said:

What is everyone doing for maintenance? I've tried to keep up during the summer but it's been a struggle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm doing stage 1 about once per week, although it's been mostly once every other week.  I'm trying to keep the gains I made between Dec and late April, although I've given a little bit back.  I figure I'll keep that up until the end of the season around November 1st, then go back to 3 days a week.

On 7/9/2019 at 7:04 AM, Springveldt said:

Hi guys, new user here and another that has started the Superspeed system. I did a decent bit of investigation on it before deciding to give it a go and have read most of this thread now.

Before starting my driver SS was usually around 97-99 mph on a monitor with the odd 1 or 2 reaching 101 mph. My ball speed on a GC2 was around 148 mph.

I've been doing the training for 1 month now and I've definitely reached a plateau stage on my dominant side as expected but my weak side is still going up. I will probably get back onto the same GC2 monitor next week to see if there has been any increase in ball speed.

Current training looks like...

yPbJsyL.jpg

I've been busy the last week and haven't managed to do any training, so it will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

On the course I have definitely started to see a difference, especially over the last 2 weeks not only with my driver but my irons as well. It may be the Superspeed system starting to kick in but we've also had decent temperatures the last couple of Saturdays here in the UK that will have helped a little as well.

I'll stick with the beginner protocol this week before moving onto Stage 1 next week. I really need to start doing the dynamic warm-ups, since a lot of the time I'm rushed my warm-up usually just consists of swing each club gently on both sides (maybe 5 each side) then I take each club and swing them until all reach over 100mph. Usually only takes about 2 minutes in total.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I finally got to do another session today at the range during my lunch. Speeds where around my usually speed 126 for green, 120 for blue and I managed to get the red up to 115.

I then decided to leave the swing speed radar out and hit some balls. I placed the radar slightly in front of the ball pointing backwards at a 45 degree angle. This was my first time attempting to hit balls with the radar.

Now, I'm not sure I was doing this right but I started out with my 8 iron and the speed reading was 85 mph which is around what I would expect.

I switched to my driver and I averaged 108 mph over 5 hits. The ball was carrying the small green which was 245 to the middle according to the distance chart in my bay so that looks legit and it wasn't measuring the ball speed.

I then tried my 3 hybrid which was 99 and my 3 wood was 105 on average. I went back to my driver and again I averaged 109 over 8 swings.

I'm now confused over my SS stick speeds as my green has only ever got to 129 as a max (I did have a 137 once which I discarded as a miss-read) and the red to 115. Things I've read says I should expect around 81% of the red speed but I'm getting close to 95% of that speed if I'm setting the radar up correctly. Maybe it's because I'm a fairly strong guy (can still deadlift 400lbs even when not training regularly), maybe it's just the way my body works or maybe I've not got the radar in the correct place for my SS swings? I set it up in the middle of my stance, pointing straight at me.

I guess all will be revealed when I set up another GC2 session soon as if this is correct I should see a decent jump in ball speed off my driver.

25 minutes ago, Springveldt said:

I finally got to do another session today at the range during my lunch. Speeds where around my usually speed 126 for green, 120 for blue and I managed to get the red up to 115.

I then decided to leave the swing speed radar out and hit some balls. I placed the radar slightly in front of the ball pointing backwards at a 45 degree angle. This was my first time attempting to hit balls with the radar.

Now, I'm not sure I was doing this right but I started out with my 8 iron and the speed reading was 85 mph which is around what I would expect.

I switched to my driver and I averaged 108 mph over 5 hits. The ball was carrying the small green which was 245 to the middle according to the distance chart in my bay so that looks legit and it wasn't measuring the ball speed.

I then tried my 3 hybrid which was 99 and my 3 wood was 105 on average. I went back to my driver and again I averaged 109 over 8 swings.

I'm now confused over my SS stick speeds as my green has only ever got to 129 as a max (I did have a 137 once which I discarded as a miss-read) and the red to 115. Things I've read says I should expect around 81% of the red speed but I'm getting close to 95% of that speed if I'm setting the radar up correctly. Maybe it's because I'm a fairly strong guy (can still deadlift 400lbs even when not training regularly), maybe it's just the way my body works or maybe I've not got the radar in the correct place for my SS swings? I set it up in the middle of my stance, pointing straight at me.

I guess all will be revealed when I set up another GC2 session soon as if this is correct I should see a decent jump in ball speed off my driver.

I'm right there with you.... 126, 120, 117 for max speeds.  My Driver was around 108 dry and up to 111 when hitting balls, one was 114 on a dry swing (only once so I discarded).  The 81% figure is an estimate, so I'm sure there are guys who are getting less speed than expected too.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  at least you and I are in the same boat.  

Did my first round of level 2 with kneeling swings.  I was surprised to see mid to upper 90's with the light stick.

I'd say just keep at it!  The 130's gotta be there for us soon! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

It could be that you did it after finishing up a session. Earlier on in the protocols I went to the range and started out hitting driver, then did a session, and hit driver again. My speed with the driver was faster after the protocols. I wish I could remember the data, but it's been a while. I want to say I was between 4-6 percent faster after my body got adjusted to moving faster.

Congratulations on your progress and welcome to the SuperSpeed community! Keep up the great work and be sure to keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 7/9/2019 at 7:04 AM, Springveldt said:

Hi guys, new user here and another that has started the Superspeed system. I did a decent bit of investigation on it before deciding to give it a go and have read most of this thread now.

Before starting my driver SS was usually around 97-99 mph on a monitor with the odd 1 or 2 reaching 101 mph. My ball speed on a GC2 was around 148 mph.

I've been doing the training for 1 month now and I've definitely reached a plateau stage on my dominant side as expected but my weak side is still going up. I will probably get back onto the same GC2 monitor next week to see if there has been any increase in ball speed.

Current training looks like...

yPbJsyL.jpg

I've been busy the last week and haven't managed to do any training, so it will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

On the course I have definitely started to see a difference, especially over the last 2 weeks not only with my driver but my irons as well. It may be the Superspeed system starting to kick in but we've also had decent temperatures the last couple of Saturdays here in the UK that will have helped a little as well.

I'll stick with the beginner protocol this week before moving onto Stage 1 next week. I really need to start doing the dynamic warm-ups, since a lot of the time I'm rushed my warm-up usually just consists of swing each club gently on both sides (maybe 5 each side) then I take each club and swing them until all reach over 100mph. Usually only takes about 2 minutes in total.

Looks great! Seems like the work is paying off.

You mentioned before starting SS that your typical driver speed was 97-99 (very similar to mine); what is your new driver swing speed? thx

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

has anyone been able to find the radar cheaper than $100? Seems kinda expensive for just a radar....  Ive been dragging my feet to buy one

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

33 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

has anyone been able to find the radar cheaper than $100? Seems kinda expensive for just a radar....  Ive been dragging my feet to buy one

I got mine for $85.  Had it in my amazon wish list for a while and checked the price daily.  they do drop down every once in a while.  Also you can check out ebay and see what pops up there.

I will say since getting one I don't think I could imagine doing the training without one.  nothing like immediate feedback on what works and what doesn't.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

@yungkory has a SuperSpeed set for sell over in the classifieds and it sounds like he might be willing to sell the radar separately. Also, I second the suggestion you watch for sales on Amazon, when I broke mine, I found it on sale.

@yungkory has a SuperSpeed set for sell over in the classifieds and it sounds like he might be willing to sell the radar separately. Also, I second the suggestion you watch for sales on Amazon, when I broke mine, I found it on sale.

Me as well - I got mine for $65.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

We saw this in our group and heard it from Daisy our SuperSpeed Rep. Everyone is different - I would not be overly concerned if your numbers didn’t match exactly what is “expected.”

We especially saw this right around the end of level 2 (when we wrote our stage 2 reviews). Some of us went through big jumps at that point others did not. (Theirs came a couple of weeks later)

You’re still relatively new - you will improve your speed technique with the sticks and that will translate to driver and other clubs.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Reached the end of level 2 protocol today.  I did a couple of extra weeks of level 2 since I took a break due to some pain in my fingers, break didn't help but I kept moving forward.  Was able to get back to speeds back up to close to where I had been prior to stopping but the last couple of weeks the speeds were down a bit.   Since it was the end of a level,  I did a driver speed test and topped out at 117.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Reached the end of level 2 protocol today.  I did a couple of extra weeks of level 2 since I took a break due to some pain in my fingers, break didn't help but I kept moving forward.  Was able to get back to speeds back up to close to where I had been prior to stopping but the last couple of weeks the speeds were down a bit.   Since it was the end of a level,  I did a driver speed test and topped out at 117.   

Wow!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

9 minutes ago, revkev said:

Wow!

That was my thought as well.   While that is way up there,  swinging for those speeds isn't something I would try in a normal round.  I think I would am more comfortable in the 110 range as a normal swing. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That's impressive!

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Very nice!  Keep up the good work!

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

So I’m participating in a Cobra connect challenge with Bucky from here. Can’t wait - SuperSpeed has definitely gotten my groove back on - I’m just flat out longer - 230 may sound like nothing to many guys but down the middle in wet (no roll) conditions at Sea level - it’s a huge game changer for me.

I hit an 8 iron 155 under those conditions today too.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So I’m participating in a Cobra connect challenge with Bucky from here. Can’t wait - SuperSpeed has definitely gotten my groove back on - I’m just flat out longer - 230 may sound like nothing to many guys but down the middle in wet (no roll) conditions at Sea level - it’s a huge game changer for me.

That’s certainly nothing to sneeze at!

I was out on a wet course and my first tee shot ended like this but super speed training still had me up to around my normal shot anyway!

IMG_5102.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/13/2019 at 4:09 PM, revkev said:

We saw this in our group and heard it from Daisy our SuperSpeed Rep. Everyone is different - I would not be overly concerned if your numbers didn’t match exactly what is “expected.”

We especially saw this right around the end of level 2 (when we wrote our stage 2 reviews). Some of us went through big jumps at that point others did not. (Theirs came a couple of weeks later)

You’re still relatively new - you will improve your speed technique with the sticks and that will translate to driver and other clubs.

Oh, I'm more than happy with my driver and club speeds, they have definitely improved. This weekend I hit a 285 yard drive right down the middle according to my Garmin, the hole is a 465 yard par 4 and I hit a driver and 7 iron into it. I've never done that before. It was early as well (around 9am) and the fairways aren't rock hard, it must have carried around 265 I would think.

Even miss-hits are carrying further. Near the end of the round I caught one right out the toe and sent it too far right, into the area I would normally not have the distance to carry unless I caught it flush. It carried the trees and landed in heavyish rough, so got no roll at all and my Garmin had it at 242 yards. I also caught one out the heel and it still went 250 yards including run out.

I was just confused as to how my driver speed is nearly the same as my red stick speed. I'm not complaining though, I'm see the results out on the course.

Definitely need to get back on the same GC2 this week as I was on in April to see the differences in actual numbers.

Edited by Springveldt

On 7/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, revkev said:

That's great Rev...given my age, size, and amount of golf I've played so far (probably around 50 rounds total), those are the kind of numbers I think I'm capable of as I get my swing to be more efficient over time.  Mostly what I need now is practice time, some lessons (not in the budget this year), and to keep playing.  And of course, keep up with my SS training.

IMG_1200.JPG

5 wood

This was a great driver pre SuperSpeed

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So I was warming up to do a session the other day and swung some 6 irons with the super speed radar....

IMG_5362.jpg

I’d loooovveee to believe that’s true, and I had some other swings in the mid 90’s, but that feels really fast to me.

I’m going to set it up at the range next time I go and see what sort of numbers I get then hitting balls as well.

A week into level 2 and the kneeling swings aren’t as bad as I was expecting. Actually had a few in the 94-95 range, I was expecting worse as I don’t feel like my shoulder range is great right now.

What are some of your numbers for kneeling vs max?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I was warming up to do a session the other day and swung some 6 irons with the super speed radar....

IMG_5362.thumb.jpg.d2ccdc113107edd9536c19d1fec40060.jpg

I’d loooovveee to believe that’s true, and I had some other swings in the mid 90’s, but that feels really fast to me.

I’m going to set it up at the range next time I go and see what sort of numbers I get then hitting balls as well.

A week into level 2 and the kneeling swings aren’t as bad as I was expecting. Actually had a few in the 94-95 range, I was expecting worse as I don’t feel like my shoulder range is great right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When I was doing it full time I was getting high 130s with the green standing then mid 100s kneeling. Blue and red were both below 100 kneeling but above 120 standing.

When I was doing it full time I was getting high 130s with the green standing then mid 100s kneeling. Blue and red were both below 100 kneeling but above 120 standing.

I have dreams about high 130s. Haha 126 still the max so far. More work to be done!

19 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I did a session today and took down my kneeling vs standing:

Green:  right:  130 standing,  108 kneeling,
              left:   120,  102

Blue:  119, 104
           110, 99

Red:  113, 100
           108, 91

I did a session today and took down my kneeling vs standing:
Green:  right:  130 standing,  108 kneeling,
              left:   120,  102
Blue:  119, 104
           110, 99
Red:  113, 100
           108, 91

Thanks! That’s what I was hoping to see. You guys got any shortcuts for getting to 130?! Haha

16 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Thanks! That’s what I was hoping to see. You guys got any shortcuts for getting to 130?! Haha

Swing faster? 😉

I'm sure it will come when you are done with the kneeling swing. I'm going to start my kneeling ones on Monday.

Swing faster? 
I'm sure it will come when you are done with the kneeling swing. I'm going to start my kneeling ones on Monday.

Kneeling swings go on for a long time. I just started protocol 3 and still have to do kneeling. I was hoping that I would be done; summer has taken its toll on the grass and kneeling is a little more uncomfortable.

Swing faster? 

I’ll give that a try!

Lengthy post incoming...

OK, managed to get back to the exact same GC2 monitor that I hit on back in March. The results were both positive and negative.

Ignore club names as I was just selecting anything on the screen at the time to give me difference colours, the GC2 guesses club head speed anyway so I was only interested in the ball data.

Numbers from March when I had my driver set at 9.25 degrees in draw position with a TaylorMade Project(a) ball.

PdlGb0Al.jpg

My first hits where with the Project(a) ball again but I've got my driver at 10.5 degrees just now in Fade since I was trying to play a fade as I've been coming over the top lately. When not in Fade setting my misses have been big pulls left.

0bQryyll.jpg?1

Positive is the big 5mph increase in ball speed, not bad for 6 weeks! Negatives are the huge jump in spin that means I'm not gaining anything really and I'm off the planet right when I leave the face open.

In true MyGolfSpy fashion I then switched to my current ball the Bridgestone Tour B X to see if that produced any more speed (it should going by the MyGolfSpy ball test).

I hit 4 shots with the driver in the same setting before lowering it to 9.75 and switching to the Draw setting again.

wstnrPml.jpg?1

Ball speed up nearly 7mph now, I guess the ball testing was accurate as the Bridgestone has given me another 2mph.

From these results it's obvious that a few things are happening...

1. I'm hitting down on the ball with my driver instead if hitting up. This is probably because I've been trying to steepen my backswing but I'm not shallowing out enough on the downswing. When I swing with a shallower backswing I have big pulls left with both irons and driver as a miss. This more upright backswing has helped my irons a lot but it may be hurting my driver.

2. If I keep swinging as I am just now I need to lower my current driver loft to 9 degrees but this is opening the face up even more. If I do that I'll need to make sure I get better club face control but I'm worried I won't be able to control it and start slicing massively.

3. Superspeed works, there is no doubt about it in my mind.

Next step is probably to go get a lesson from a local pro who has a Trackman to see if I can retain this speed but adjust my angle of attack to hit up. If I can do that I should be seeing carries into the 260 range.

If that fails, I guess it's time for a driver fitting as I think I would benefit from a 9 degree driver rather than the 10.5 one I have currently. Plus, it's a 2016 M1 driver I'm hitting, I need an excuse to replace it. 😀

tl;dr Superspeed works.