Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Are you all using your top numbers for the week or are you using an average of your top numbers from each day?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We are tracking our top numbers from each week and putting them in our charts. I went back over my book that I use to record daily and saw that the averages for each day work out to about 1-3 mph different.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

rps20181208_103134.jpeg.9a2cb94155160fb24f06052b8cb8dc04.jpeg

I had to amend my weekly chart, I was going back through it and noticed my top speed for for my heaviest club was incorrect on my dominant side. In my previous post I put 104, but it was 107.

Three new highs in one week, looks like the plateau might be over.

• Like 3

Are you all using your top numbers for the week or are you using an average of your top numbers from each day?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The before and after driver swing speeds are the average of 5 drives. All other numbers are the top numbers for that club, dominant and non-dominant, for that week.

Think of them like a handicap - they measure potential but in the end will reflect a faster average.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Great to see some of you breaking through that plateau phase! It is important for the readers to hear that the plateau comes for most everyone but you will come out of it. 

@Jon Brittan We are looking for the SuperSpeed protocols to be done while the person is the most fresh physically and neurologically. If someone is pre fatigued from a gym program or playing a round of golf they typically will be slower training after. That being said it is not a black and white rule. We appreciate you bringing up this point. We want people to train when they feel the best and are getting the most out of the sessions. If later in the day is working better definitely stick with that but don't be afraid to experiment. 

@mpatrickriley We all have an athletic ceiling where our potential for speed will be at a maximum. We don't really know for sure exactly but we would guess most people are operating around 50-60% of their potential. This athletic ceiling is developed by what types of explosive activities you did as a kid and your unique genetic makeup. If you didn't do fast or powerful movements as a child it doesn't mean you won't be able to gain more speed, it just means you most likely will never be a Cameron Champ. Through the SuperSpeed training we can begin to tap into more of that potential by activating what are called Motor Units. At some point you will max out and won't be able to gain more speed. It takes some work to get to that max out phase though. The first 2 SuperSpeed training protocols will yield the biggest gains. From there the gains will be slower and smaller but still happen. The plateau phase can also be longer. 

• Like 8

I'm going to try and bump this thread - for some reason it has totally disappeared from both my mobile app and on the laptop. 😞

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I'm going to try and bump this thread - for some reason it has totally disappeared from both my mobile app and on the laptop. 😞

The forums have changed, you're probably now in the "wrong" one...
They've separated official and unofficial product reviews and it seems that was done by creating a new "official" reviews sub-forum while the old one was renamed to the unofficial listings. Anyone with a web browser open saw only the unofficial threads. I had the same thing this morning, briefly, on my laptop wondering where all the official threads had gone (while being delighted they had "unpinned" them so we could see some of the other topics too 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

The forums have changed, you're probably now in the "wrong" one...
They've separated official and unofficial product reviews and it seems that was done by creating a new "official" reviews sub-forum while the old one was renamed to the unofficial listings. Anyone with a web browser open saw only the unofficial threads. I had the same thing this morning, briefly, on my laptop wondering where all the official threads had gone (while being delighted they had "unpinned" them so we could see some of the other topics too 🙂

Yep - you are spot on with this -

Just call me Mister Tech Savy!

• Like 3

Except in the morning - I’m not killing anything in the morning. :)

I agree Rev, I did my first session of the week yesterday morning in order to beat the rain and it was dreadful. It's crazy how my sessions are better after working a full day. It's either that or the knowledge that every car driving by my house is laughing at me. I just don't know.

• Like 2

I'd be curious if there is a correspondence to when we play and when we are better with SuperSpeed.  I'm a late afternoon league, sneak out for 9 after work or evening range session sort of guy.  While I've had some low rounds in the morning most of my best rounds have come in the afternoon and the afternoon round of a two round tournament is almost always my better one.  It's not surprise to me that I'm better in the morning.

Is that true for the rest of the guys - those who play in the morning are faster than in the afternoon and vis a versa?  Just curious.

• Like 3

I'd be curious if there is a correspondence to when we play and when we are better with SuperSpeed.  I'm a late afternoon league, sneak out for 9 after work or evening range session sort of guy.  While I've had some low rounds in the morning most of my best rounds have come in the afternoon and the afternoon round of a two round tournament is almost always my better one.  It's not surprise to me that I'm better in the morning.

Is that true for the rest of the guys - those who play in the morning are faster than in the afternoon and vis a versa?  Just curious.

I’ve had my best training sessions in the late morning or early afternoon.

On the course it’s probably the same. I don’t necessarily score the best at a certain time, but I feel most relaxed and enjoy rounds more if they start somewhere in the 10am-2pm range.
  • Like 2

Speeds were steady or down across the board today. On the theme of morning vs. afternoon sessions, I'm going to blame my mediocre speeds today on the portion size for the fajita plate at the Mexican place where I ate lunch 🙂

• Like 6

I have conducted all of my sessions in the morning from 8am until noon, mostly because SuperSpeed Golf said so.  When we started, the weather was warm so 8-10am was perfect.  Now it's below freezing, but it's only maybe 33º in the afternoon, so not much difference.

Last night we had some freezing rain followed by 0.5 inches of snow and I didn't want to do the protocol in my yard like usual, so today I set up on my patio.  It's a little different swinging on concrete vs. grass.  Speed was down a couple of mph across the board, except I did hit 100mph for the first time with a left-handed swing and the Green club.  

• Like 4

I have conducted all of my sessions in the morning from 8am until noon, mostly because SuperSpeed Golf said so.  When we started, the weather was warm so 8-10am was perfect.  Now it's below freezing, but it's only maybe 33º in the afternoon, so not much difference.
Last night we had some freezing rain followed by 0.5 inches of snow and I didn't want to do the protocol in my yard like usual, so today I set up on my patio.  It's a little different swinging on concrete vs. grass.  Speed was down a couple of mph across the board, except I did hit 100mph for the first time with a left-handed swing and the Green club.  

When do you typically play?

4 hours ago, revkev said:

When do you typically play?

We always play around 10-11am; never in the afternoon unless there is a reason not to play in the morning.  Generally, the afternoons are busy with beginners getting the twilight rate.  In the summer we try to get out ahead of the Men's Club, so around 7:30am.

We always play around 10-11am; never in the afternoon unless there is a reason not to play in the morning.  Generally, the afternoons are busy with beginners getting the twilight rate.  In the summer we try to get out ahead of the Men's Club, so around 7:30am.

It would be interesting to see how you do with an afternoon SUperSpeed Session - I’m guessing not as well as the morning.

10 minutes ago, revkev said:

It would be interesting to see how you do with an afternoon SUperSpeed Session - I’m guessing not as well as the morning.

I may give it a try one of these days.

I am thinking about how I am going to complete my sessions over Christmas.  We will be traveling for 4 days; no place to do it indoors; and likely rain every day.