Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

1 minute ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

My week 13 is completed.  Set a personal best with right and left-handed Red (heavy) swings.  I'm jealous of the guys that have been able to do these sessions outdoors.  Living in Wisconsin I've been forced to train in my basement almost the entire time.  Guess that's better than being outside when the temp is in the 30's and there's a rain/snow mixture like today.

2104459943_week13results.JPG.c8ba7e0851fc55331ab175d636ef0208.JPG

I'm extremely excited to see where my driver speed ends up after the end of the 2nd level next week.  I was recently fitted for a new driver shaft to go along with my GBB Epic Sub Zero head, but I'm going to use my old shaft for the test to make sure any speed gains are from the program and not equipment related.  That being said I'm definitely going to test out the new shaft as well to see what my max gains are.

Happy New Year everybody!

Congratulations on the new PB!!  It sure is nice when that happens; good motivator.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

My week 13 is completed.  Set a personal best with right and left-handed Red (heavy) swings.  I'm jealous of the guys that have been able to do these sessions outdoors.  Living in Wisconsin I've been forced to train in my basement almost the entire time.  Guess that's better than being outside when the temp is in the 30's and there's a rain/snow mixture like today.

2104459943_week13results.JPG.c8ba7e0851fc55331ab175d636ef0208.JPG

I'm extremely excited to see where my driver speed ends up after the end of the 2nd level next week.  I was recently fitted for a new driver shaft to go along with my GBB Epic Sub Zero head, but I'm going to use my old shaft for the test to make sure any speed gains are from the program and not equipment related.  That being said I'm definitely going to test out the new shaft as well to see what my max gains are.

Happy New Year everybody!

That's awesome!

It's definitely helpful in that regard. This training is great, but can have it's moments where you just have to vent. The guys here are definitely good for that, I'm just glad they don't charge by the hour.

@MikeLambert that's a really cool story about the turkey and your dog. I'm glad he had a friend to sit in the sun with him.

@KennyB, freezing temps and fog are definitely not conducive to training. I think it's great that you and the wife get to play together, hope it's an enjoyable day for the two of you.

@02uwmadgrad, great job on recording your fastest speed yet with the red Thor hammer!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Had a personal best on the last set of green swings with a 144. Have found that fast swings with certain clubs are dependent on the day. Today it was green sometimes it is blue others its red.20181228_134747.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

After seeing the great results you guys are getting from the Superspeed and your hard work, I'm making a homemade set. Shafts are ordered, I'll get the father in law to machine up some nice stainless for the "heads" and I'm good to go.

Hope I can commit to the programme as well as the reviewing group, and that my results are similar.

• Like 5

Well all, you win, I'm in. Santa brought me the superspeed setup so I'll be starting here soon. 

Only reason I haven't started yet is that I have a unfortunate respiratory infection and basically any movement sends me into a coughing spell. But soon as I can, I'll be on the program. 

I hope you feel better quickly! I’ve been struggling with this the past two weeks. It’s tough mid level 2. Slowed me down a bit especially towards the end of workouts. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Week 13 Update

RH. Green 109, Blue 106, Red 102
LH. Green 106. Blue 104 Red 98

It’s been a very difficult two weeks for workouts between work and a sinus/upper respiratory infection. :(

I was totally gassed by the end of my workouts this week so the last 3 swings added nothing to my tallies (a first ever).

I did discover that I can do a level 2 workout in as little as 20 minutes. But I had nothing at all in the tank by the end. :(

Busy schedules and minor illnesses and injuries are the way of life for many people. We’ve had those as a group. It will be interesting to see where that leaves us at the end of next week.

I did play golf yesterday. It was a very spotty round - I don’t think SuperSpeed has a thing to do with that. I hadn’t played in 3 weeks, my body and mind are tired and I had a funeral yesterday morning.

Happy New Year to everyone who’s following along!

• Like 4

I’d love to give these a try, but there’s no way I could consistently get the workouts in.... Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Week 8,9,10:
It has been a while since my last check-in.. December has been a crazy month with finals at school and deadlines at work. And to top it off, my lower back has not been very fond of the kneeling swings which further compounded my ability to stay on track with the workouts. What it all amounts to is that I have fallen a little further behind from the initial air quality delay I had about a month ago. I am going to do my best to ensure I have no further setbacks and fall no further behind the group than I have already.

Touching briefly on the kneeling swings.. I was getting through one or two workout sessions at a time without the kneeling swings causing any problems, but I have had a few instances where my lower back disagrees with the swings and I am left with back pain for 3-4 days afterwards. Because of this, I have abandoned the kneeling swings completely and have gone fully to the modified swing (standing feet together and swinging near horizontal).

Fortunately, even with my sporadic workouts and back pain over the past month, I am still maintaining my speeds pretty well and have even gained an additional 1.5 mph average on my driver. I have not seen maximums as high as my last week of the first protocol, but I have also been swinging with an extra layer on and my footing is not as stable as it was a month ago (I’ve been tearing up the lawn pretty good!).

Here are the numbers from the last few weeks:

322761530_SSG-Week8-10.JPG.b6b5f5bd629304040d1327407befa9eb.JPG

• Like 7

@Kegger, congrats on the gain in swing speed, that's awesome! I know your training speeds are in a lull, but the results are there. I've had very few days where I can do my training in the yard due to constant rain. I am fortunate enough to have a sidewalk that I can use, otherwise my yard would be a mud pit.

The most important thing here is safety. I don't blame you for forgoing the kneeling swings and doing them standing up, no reason to cause yourself discomfort.

My week got off to a down start with training, my speeds were way down today, especially left handed. Peaks and valleys are part of this and any training. I've been off work for over a week and have been pretty sedate the whole time. The wet weather hasn't helped motivate me to do much.

I did go to the driving range yesterday, but the clubhouse was closed. I took five old balls out of my bag and hit them with driver. I then found another ball and hit it, as my first swing was down. My last five averaged 95 mph and my last swing peaked at 97. After a disappointing first six weeks, I feel things are looking up.

• Like 5

Update:

I've been doing my protocol relatively regularly (2-3x/week) and am in like month 3 of 6 of doing the same thing. I've decided that I'm not going to measure my speeds until I'm done this protocol. 

While I'm still having some trouble controlling the driver live (when I find a rhythem in the simulator the carry distances have been over 300 as of late) the success I've had with my 3w on the course of late is pretty remarkable. I was out there in the cold for 36 each of the last two weekends and have hit fairways at over a 50% clip and had only 2 penalties over those 4 rounds---which is astounding considering that in as recently as September I was good for 3+ OB's a round. 

My best round I hit 8/10 fairways with the 3w. I've never had a round where I was even close to 70% fairways. Everything just feels more fluid and the ball striking, for whatever reason, has improved drastically. My miss-hits before were slices 50 yards to the right, tops that might go 50 yards total and duck-hooks that go OB left before I can even pick my head up to track the ball. Recently, my miss hits are getting slightly under the ball---hitting a 225 yard pop up (opposed to 270-280 yard bombs) and slight fades that leak 10-20 yards to the right of the fairway. Ironically its the improvement on my miss-hits that I think help my score more than anything. 

2018 we saw massive improvements on distance and accuracy. Hopefully by this time in 2019 I'll have the same confidence and results with my driver as I did with the 3w this year!

Happy New Year to all!

• Like 5

Update:
I've been doing my protocol relatively regularly (2-3x/week) and am in like month 3 of 6 of doing the same thing. I've decided that I'm not going to measure my speeds until I'm done this protocol. 
While I'm still having some trouble controlling the driver live (when I find a rhythem in the simulator the carry distances have been over 300 as of late) the success I've had with my 3w on the course of late is pretty remarkable. I was out there in the cold for 36 each of the last two weekends and have hit fairways at over a 50% clip and had only 2 penalties over those 4 rounds---which is astounding considering that in as recently as September I was good for 3+ OB's a round. 
My best round I hit 8/10 fairways with the 3w. I've never had a round where I was even close to 70% fairways. Everything just feels more fluid and the ball striking, for whatever reason, has improved drastically. My miss-hits before were slices 50 yards to the right, tops that might go 50 yards total and duck-hooks that go OB left before I can even pick my head up to track the ball. Recently, my miss hits are getting slightly under the ball---hitting a 225 yard pop up (opposed to 270-280 yard bombs) and slight fades that leak 10-20 yards to the right of the fairway. Ironically its the improvement on my miss-hits that I think help my score more than anything. 
2018 we saw massive improvements on distance and accuracy. Hopefully by this time in 2019 I'll have the same confidence and results with my driver as I did with the 3w this year!
Happy New Year to all!

We should start calling you Henrich! As I recall your goal was to improve your ball striking consistency. It seems as if you have in a big way. Great work and happy New Year!

• Like 3

I did my workout today. Honestly I feel as if I should be held back in level 2 for two weeks. I’m only just recovering from my head cold and while I’ve gotten most of the speed back from the second week drop haven’t gotten all of it.

Im seeing no indication that I’ve gained any swing speed during level two. Life has just gotten in the way too much the past few weeks.

I’m back on track now and more determined than ever.

I will send Daisy an email to see what she thinks about two extra weeks at level two.

• Like 3

Update:
Happy New Year to all!
One of the biggest benefits to this training, to me, has been better ball striking. It's actually kind of strange considering there is no ball to hit and my swings are not always to the same spot. It's good to hear that you are having the same benefit.

I haven't seen much as far as distance gains on the course, but I'm chalking that up to the cooler weather along with near record yearly rainfall here in southeast Tennessee. Most of the time it has been in the 40's and 50's when playing conditions are decent. I do see a difference in speed on the range around 2-3 mph since the end of the first protocol.

• Like 1

Well, just did my first week 1 protocol. I am so bad left handed. if nothing else, I am sure I will see rapid improvement on those speeds. 

Base driver speed was 101. Will see how it goes from here. 

• Like 5

Well, just did my first week 1 protocol. I am so bad left handed. if nothing else, I am sure I will see rapid improvement on those speeds. 
The left handed swings will definitely get better, it just takes a little time to get used to them. I've actually had some days that it's been faster on that side.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 10:04 AM, Kenny B said:

Well, I chickened out!!  It's my normal protocol time and it's dense fog and 32º.  My wife and I were going to play 18 after the protocol since it's her birthday, but we both decided to wait until tomorrow.  Forecast tomorrow is 53º and 20 mph wind. I'll do my last protocol this week in the morning before we play.

Doing the protocol in the wind isn't much fun either!!  At least it was warmer... 48º.  I kept losing my balance, but swing speeds were up a little from the Wednesday session after my trip.

Week 13 Update -  Nothing special
RH. Green 103, Blue 101, Red 98
LH. Green 99. Blue 95    Red 92

I started the final week of Level 2 today with better numbers than all of Week 13.
Week 14 Session 1

RH. Green 108, Blue 104, Red 98
LH. Green 101. Blue 97  Red 92

I've got to break the 100 mark for the Red club!!  I had a PB with the Kneeling swings with the Green club; first time breaking into the 90's.  

RH.  90  LH.  91

Two more sessions to go for Level 2 this week.  Got to crank it up before putting together the Stage 2 test report!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

It really is amazing how much better those left-handed swings get after the first week or two.  I've had several swings with the Green club where I was faster with a left-handed swing.  What is really interesting is that when we started the Kneeling swings in Level 2, my left-handed swings are nearly always faster than my right-handed swings.  Still trying to figure that one out.

• Like 1