Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thank you Mike! Keep working at it, you're off to a great start and it's nice to have you along for the ride as a fellow tester.

On Another note, I would recommend sitting your radar up on something, you only need about an inch or two. I've had problems with my non-dominant swings registering probably due to swinging it a bit above the radar. I use the kneeling pad I bought from Lowe's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks!  I'll definitely put the radar on top of something, that's a great suggestion.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Did you also use the radar? Were the speeds similar or was their a discrepancy?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I used the exact same SwingSpeed radar unit for each of my testing periods.  I was also at an indoor Trackman simulator for the Week 6 and Week 14 (today) test, and the SS radar was consistently 3-5 mph higher than what Trackman would register.  For $100 versus a  $20k Trackman the radar is pretty accurate and consistent.

• Like 5

Just remember that the Trackman device is measuring club head speed at the ball while the radar is before the ball - there has to be a difference.  Plus I believe it extrapolates club head speed based upon ball speed.  I will take ball speed every time because that's what is going to determine distance.  Increased ball speed really gets me amped! 

I should add is that my ultimate goal is to get to 140 here.

• Like 5

I guess this will do for a baseline driver swing. Still kinda working out the positioning of the radar.00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190104164946291_COVER.thumb.jpeg.51316cd4819c1d56f82b34b6a0b1b540.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

When you are hitting a ball, you'll want position the radar at 45 degrees and the ball at least a foot from the radar and a couple of inches ahead of the radar. 20190104_114608-01.jpeg

• Like 3

When you are hitting a ball, you'll want position the radar at 45 degrees and the ball at least a foot from the radar and a couple of inches ahead of the radar. 20190104_114608-01.jpeg.d6ea8c804b71e0a6bbc3103d936fcca5.jpeg

Oh wow that would explain my weird results at the course last time. Do you have a picture like this for when you're not hitting a ball?

Oh wow that would explain my weird results at the course last time. Do you have a picture like this for when you're not hitting a ball?

When you're just doing the training you place the radar facing you and at the center of your stance.

My final level two workout is in the books - I'm not going to give an update because I will have a stage two review coming in the next week or so.

Out of excitement I've already spilled some of the beans.  I will say that this was the first week that I was over 100 as a top speed non-dominant - last step through of the week with the Red did it for me! 

I've also got my closing driver swing speed on the radar (the batteries in Voice Caddy were dead so I didn't get that device involved - I will bring it to the course tomorrow afternoon to see how I'm doing with for real shots.) 

So it will be interesting to see how I'm faring start to finish with SuperSpeed.  I started at 91 and was at 96 after the first level.   Generally you don't gain as much with the second level as the first and most of the speed gain occurs in these first two levels. 

Stay tuned....

• Like 4

When you're just doing the training you place the radar facing you and at the center of your stance.

Hmm, I've been putting it a little bit forward of where I play a ball. I read that you should have it where the club would be released, otherwise it'll read slow?

Hmm, I've been putting it a little bit forward of where I play a ball. I read that you should have it where the club would be released, otherwise it'll read slow?

Excellent question! I do tend to sit it toward the middle, maybe slightly forward on my regular swings and I do put it a little more forward for the step change.

As a tester I felt it my duty to go outside and do some experimenting with the radar and sticks. I did regular swings from both sides positioning the radar forward, middle, and back. I know I'm not going to be able to consistently repeat swing speeds, but what I found was the numbers were within 2-4 mph of each other.

To me, I would say that as long as you are consistent with where you place the radar while training, that's what matters.

• Like 1

Sir chunks was correct earlier

Middle facing you for protocols - before the ball about 45 degrees toward you on shots you hit with the driver. There are videos on their sight demonstrating it.

I’ve experimented with this often. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Great stage 2 Bucky! I loved the motivational poster with the T-Rex, so much so that I died laughing. My wife and sister-in-law looked at me like I'm crazy.

I am surprised you didn't see an increase after the second phase of training, you definitely had the numbers doing the training. But, training can be frustrating. I didn't have the numbers after phase 1 that the rest of our testers saw. Maybe you'll see them in a couple of weeks.

On another note, have any of you guys started week 15 yet? I just did my first session with the double step and it was a doozy, especially left handed. My feet had to do too much thinking. I know it'll get better, but I'm glad it was dry out and I could hide in my backyard.

• Like 2

I was surprised at the final Level 2 numbers as well.  Just last week I took out my driver after doing a training session to get a sneak peak at my numbers.  There was no ball on the ground but I managed to hit 115mph a few times.

When I emailed my numbers to Daisy she said it's very unusual to see a drop in speeds like I experienced.  She thought I may still be in the plateau phase or simply had an off day.

• Like 1

I wonder if it's a weight thing. You've seen no increase in your green stick highest swing since week 6 but you've seen an increase in blue and even greater increase in red since week 6. Maybe if your weight was bumped up in your sticks it could make a difference. Especially with you going 131 with the red, I mean the club is 5% heavier then the average driver, granted it's a smaller head thus more aerodynamic but I would think you should be able to get close to that. I wonder if the SS are thinking about developing a middle tier for there clubs? I mean you're swing the same sticks that a guy who has 90 mph swing speed is. Sorry I'm sure this isn't really helping and pretty much the same thoughts you have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I finished Level 2 on Friday, but haven't checked my driver speed yet.  The weekend was very busy, and the wind has been up.  The results for the 14 weeks of training will be posted in my Stage 2 writeup in the next week.  I will start Week 15 tomorrow morning, but will check driver speed after the warmup but before the Level 3 protocol.

I watched the video of the double step.  I'm not sure how that's going to help me, but I'll give it a try... sorry Yoda!  Also, not looking forward to 4 swings.

I will only be doing the Level 3 protocol this week and next week.  Then I will take two weeks off before I pick it back up again.  Headed to AZ.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

My Stage 2 review is up!

A very nice writeup Bucky.  I will have a few comments that I will address in my writeup.  Since we are all coming from different starting swing speeds, it will be interesting how the SS numbers with each club correlate with driver swing speed increases.  

• Like 2

I've been following this for the last few weeks. Finalyl got towards the end. Think I'm going to make a purchase once it goes on sale/ comes with a package.

Thanks MGS and the crew for testing it out.

• Like 4