Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

@sirchunksalot

Nice job sir! Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Just finished week 3 of the intro protocol. Had the radar out at the range yesterday during a practice session. Driver speed was averaging 103, low was a 99 and high was 136 (I think the radar caught the ball on that one since it didn't carry over the end of range net)

For reference, driver speed (with no ball) prior to starting was 93. At my driver fitting 6 months ago, my speeds were 95-100.

3 months to go before league season, hoping to see some additional gains before then.

• Like 5

I’m going to try when I get home. Just played a quick 9 after church. Daisy challenged me to swing as hard as I could with driver. So I did. Here’s a sample:

IMG_1570.thumb.JPG.5fb707b5aa2b89e32ff5eefe0c017275.JPG

This device is 3 mph slower than the radar we use so 97 on this is 100 on that. I averaged 88 on it before we started, 94.7 today. Just under 240 for my 6 drives on the old GPS.

Pretty stoked!!!

I hope Daisy sees this.

Great SS - so how much of an improvement was that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

Great SS - so how much of an improvement was that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My average on this device prior to starting SuperSpeed was 88.  So 96 is an 8 mph gain - I actually averaged 94.7 today.  My goal was to get to 95 on this device.  I've adjust that goal.

Barring issues I should have my stage 2 review up in an hour.  Starting to work on importing it - now!

• Like 2

I’m going to try when I get home. Just played a quick 9 after church. Daisy challenged me to swing as hard as I could with driver. So I did. Here’s a sample:

IMG_1570.thumb.JPG.5fb707b5aa2b89e32ff5eefe0c017275.JPG

This device is 3 mph slower than the radar we use so 97 on this is 100 on that. I averaged 88 on it before we started, 94.7 today. Just under 240 for my 6 drives on the old GPS.

Pretty stoked!!!

I hope Daisy sees this.

That's definitely exciting and some great numbers! Honestly, it's amazing what a few weeks can do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

My stage 2 is up!!!
Excellent stage 2 Rev! I think you hit the nail on the head about this being relentless and that anyone looking for support come talk to this group. We have an awesome group here to encourage and help out any way possible.

I love the creativity you used covering the radar, I'm definitely going to have to use that.

• Like 2

Excellent stage 2 Rev! I think you hit the nail on the head about this being relentless and that anyone looking for support come talk to this group. We have an awesome group here to encourage and help out any way possible.

I love the creativity you used covering the radar, I'm definitely going to have to use that.

Thanks man

The really secret to SuperSpeed is the person’s commitment to it. Commit and you’re in. You will get faster. Every comparative stat says the difference between handicap groupings is distance.

But SuperSpeed battles guys thinking it’s not an issue for them and a general lack of people’s ability to commit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, revkev said:

IMG_1570.JPG

Pretty stoked!!!

I hope Daisy sees this. emoji41.png

That's tremendous!  I don't expect to be able to get out until early April, I'm really looking forward to see seeing my own speed then.  Seeing results like yours (and the other guys here) are a real incentive to stay committed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, revkev said:

My stage 2 is up!!!

Nicely done.

So, am I going to be the bad guy with the low score of a 70?  If I had to write my stage 2 before the week 14 test it would have been in the 80-90 range, but that 1mph drop totally got me.  Living in Wisconsin I also had to lower the score since not everyone will have ceilings high enough to swing during the winter months.

I took last week off as I was traveling for work.  Did my first session of Level 3 today and just for fun I swung my driver a few times without placing a ball down after the workout.  My first full swing with the driver came in at 115, a full 5 mph over my average speed at the end of Stage 2.  I really wish I could get outside to test this out a little more.

I also did a half swing that came in at 113 mph versus my 115 full swing.  Guess I won't have to worry about the Kinematic ASD in week 20.  So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

• Like 7

Nicely done.
So, am I going to be the bad guy with the low score of a 70?  If I had to write my stage 2 before the week 14 test it would have been in the 80-90 range, but that 1mph drop totally got me.  Living in Wisconsin I also had to lower the score since not everyone will have ceilings high enough to swing during the winter months.
I took last week off as I was traveling for work.  Did my first session of Level 3 today and just for fun I swung my driver a few times without placing a ball down after the workout.  My first full swing with the driver came in at 115, a full 5 mph over my average speed at the end of Stage 2.  I really wish I could get outside to test this out a little more.
I also did a half swing that came in at 113 mph versus my 115 full swing.  Guess I won't have to worry about the Kinematic ASD in week 20.  So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Honestly, I thought I was going to have the low score heading into Stage 2. Going in to the swing speed test I had not seen much of a gain right up until the end. I already had my rating system worked out, and it wasn't too good. You know what they say about when you assume.

The driver swings you took without a ball are impressive!

• Like 2

Nicely done.

I don’t think you’re a bad guy at all. Your score reflects the fact that it took an extra week for you to get past the plateau. Had my review been posted yesterday, as I intended, it would have been 87. Today convinced me that I had that additional 2-3 percent which made it 90/100 or as advertised.

We could all just as easily say, “ incomplete.” How are we to know if 14 weeks is permanent as SuoerSpeed states? Why would we stop knowing there might be a few more mph to gain?

I’m trying to go for the full 70 plus weeks. Why not? I want that 100 mph so bad I can taste it.

• Like 6

On 1/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, sirchunksalot said:

My Stage 2 is up!

Excellent job!!  Stick with sirchunksalot.

• Like 1

1st workout of week 4 this morning. High Max swing speed was 114, which matched the top Step-thru swing of week 1. 

I received the updated protocol schedule from SS which, so another couple of weeks on the starter protocol before I have to figure out kneeling swings.

So far I've been able to use my patio for workouts. That won't have to change until protocol 3 and taking multiple steps into the swing.

I didn't check my radar device while hitting a ball until this past weekend and after 3 weeks of SS training I was at 103 avg. I did my initial driver speed measurement on the patio with no ball. That gave me a max of 95. The device guide says swinging with no ball produces a slower swing, so even if my swing to ball speed was a bit higher, I'm looking like a 4-5% gain already.

Using this in conjunction with other workouts and another swing training aid at the range has me pretty optimistic for the start of league season in the spring. 😀

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GregB135 said:

1st workout of week 4 this morning. High Max swing speed was 114, which matched the top Step-thru swing of week 1. 

I received the updated protocol schedule from SS which, so another couple of weeks on the starter protocol before I have to figure out kneeling swings.

So far I've been able to use my patio for workouts. That won't have to change until protocol 3 and taking multiple steps into the swing.

I didn't check my radar device while hitting a ball until this past weekend and after 3 weeks of SS training I was at 103 avg. I did my initial driver speed measurement on the patio with no ball. That gave me a max of 95. The device guide says swinging with no ball produces a slower swing, so even if my swing to ball speed was a bit higher, I'm looking like a 4-5% gain already.

Using this in conjunction with other workouts and another swing training aid at the range has me pretty optimistic for the start of league season in the spring. 😀

Sounds great although to be honest I have not found that I'm much faster hitting a ball than not hitting one with my driver - if at all.  I've also found that I'm fastest at the end of a workout.  If I hit balls at that point I get very high swing speeds with driver - that fades quickly though as I tire.

Where are you at in Florida again.  I know that you've told me but I have forgotten.  That's happening to me a lot lately - I can't wait for some help to arrive, this going it solo at work is exhausting.  I have an intern starting in May!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I have an intern starting in May!!!

It obviously isn't me...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Sounds great although to be honest I have not found that I'm much faster hitting a ball than not hitting one with my driver - if at all.  I've also found that I'm fastest at the end of a workout.  If I hit balls at that point I get very high swing speeds with driver - that fades quickly though as I tire.

I have definitely seen faster speeds at the end versus the start of the workout with the light club.  In most cases, |'m at least matching my light club swings with the medium and sometimes the heavy. Then the max swings with the light club at the end are significantly faster than the first swings. 

And I'm in eastern Hillsborough - Bloomingdale is my 'home' course.

• Like 3

I have definitely seen faster speeds at the end versus the start of the workout with the light club.  In most cases, |'m at least matching my light club swings with the medium and sometimes the heavy. Then the max swings with the light club at the end are significantly faster than the first swings. 
And I'm in eastern Hillsborough - Bloomingdale is my 'home' course.

We will need to play sometime - perhaps with Foz in the mix.

• Like 1