Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

I've been a little slack on training this week, so much so that I'm contemplating early Friday, late Saturday training. I know it's not recommended, but can be allowed if circumstances dictate. I skipped out yesterday to go to the driving range and today to get a round in after work. I'm blaming the new driver, it is a seductive temptress.

I have found that I really don't get along with range mats when it comes to hitting driver as they tend to cause my ball to be too high and lead to pop up drives. Note to self: buy shorter tees for the range. I usually try to hit of the turf, but due to wet conditions it's hard to.

The G400 is a beast! It was windy and wet today and I still had some good drives. My best carried 239 without rollout and I had another that was right at 230. I can't wait for drier weather to get some roll. Between SuperSpeed and the driver I'm feeling like I'm gonna hit some bombs.
@Kegger, I'm glad to hear that you are setting some big time goals. I believe you can do it. I can sympathize with you on the mud, it's a little sketchy when you're swinging out of your shoes and don't have the best footing. I am looking forward to hearing about your gains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6

@SuperSpeed Golf and anyone following the program:

Can you offer a correlation between stick speed in different colors and actual driver speed? The MGS article mentions 118-120 mph with the green stick translating to roughly 100 mph with a driver. Using that as a basis, does it offer a 1:1 correlation as the speeds increase? For example, does a 128-130 mph green stick average speed correlate with a ~110 mph average driver speed?

I understand there are a lot of factors in play here beyond the sticks, but I was curious what kind of potential I have. I just started the protocol this week and have some early numbers. I am curious to see what those numbers translate to and what goals I can set for myself. I'm still at least four weeks away from hitting outside, though I expect to have a least a few more sessions in a heated range yet during that time period.

33 minutes ago, edingc said:

@SuperSpeed Golf and anyone following the program:

Can you offer a correlation between stick speed in different colors and actual driver speed? The MGS article mentions 118-120 mph with the green stick translating to roughly 100 mph with a driver. Using that as a basis, does it offer a 1:1 correlation as the speeds increase? For example, does a 128-130 mph green stick average speed correlate with a ~110 mph average driver speed?

I understand there are a lot of factors in play here beyond the sticks, but I was curious what kind of potential I have. I just started the protocol this week and have some early numbers. I am curious to see what those numbers translate to and what goals I can set for myself. I'm still at least four weeks away from hitting outside, though I expect to have a least a few more sessions in a heated range yet during that time period.

I'm not sure if this is something I found on SuperSpeed's website or if it was said in a call at one point, but these are the numbers I have written down for training stick to driver speed correlation.

Green 19%, Blue 15%, Red 12%.  My max training numbers versus actual driver speed is right on to the projections.  If I had done this three weeks ago it would have been different though as I just recently saw my 2nd big jump during week 16 or 17 of the training.

image.png.6f3176b2eca049f126a659df41b6afc4.png

My driver speed was based on a day where I did not do the SuperSpeed program but did warm up before swining.  On days when I test my driver right after training I've hit higher numbers that are probably not realistic at this point.  It's a good ballpark tool but I wouldn't get upset if your numbers end up off by a decent amount.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I'm not sure if this is something I found on SuperSpeed's website or if it was said in a call at one point, but these are the numbers I have written down for training stick to driver speed correlation.

Green 19%, Blue 15%, Red 12%.  My max training numbers versus actual driver speed is right on to the projections.  If I had done this three weeks ago it would have been different though as I just recently saw my 2nd big jump during week 16 or 17 of the training.

My driver speed was based on a day where I did not do the SuperSpeed program but did warm up before swining.  On days when I test my driver right after training I've hit higher numbers that are probably not realistic at this point.  It's a good ballpark tool but I wouldn't get upset if your numbers end up off by a decent amount.

That’s pretty cool, thanks for posting that!  I just plugged it into my spreadsheet and it really makes my first bump up much more clear.  I just finished my 10th week, and using the projected driver speed, things were pretty steady but trending slightly up weeks 1 - 7, then a little more increase weeks 8 & 9, and now a nice bump this week, almost 9% over the average projected driver speed the first 9 weeks.

Pretty cool.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

This is awesome. Thanks! I know what I need to work toward now.

• Like 1