Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

1 hour ago, revkev said:

@Tony - I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  Sirchunksalot took your "practice" regiment remark to mean the dynamic warm up.  I can honestly say that it is a very good warm up but there are others that are equally good so I would say that a good warm up is a part of swinging fast but it doesn't have to be Superspeed's exact one.  Since most of us don't warm up properly (by stretching all the necessary muscles and groups) Superspeed's dynamic warm up is a revelation and seems more important than it is - in short a good, golf specific warm up designed by a professional trainer is necessary to prepare a person to play his or her best golf and then also for the body to recover after the round or practice session.  This warm up fits that bill in all ways. 

If by regiment you mean the entire protocol process, warm up plus swings, then that is huge because it's there that you get your swing speed up.  It's pretty exciting to have started at 91 with the driver, do the dynamic warm up finishing with the 10 righty and 10 lefty swings with the heavy club (generally the fastest I can get them is around 90) and then the first swing out off the bat with the green club is 106.  By the time that I got to the red club, 5 righty and 6 lefty swings later - I was at 103 with that one - 13 mph faster than I was when I was warming up.

My fastest swing this morning was with the green club during the step through drill and it was a tour level SS - it felt fast!  Mid 100's actually feel normal to me now - no effort what so ever. 

I don't know what would happen if you fashioned your own weighted clubs - lots of research has gone into superspeed's equipment.  We have had internal discussion about the weight of these clubs relative to our drivers and about why Superspeed chose the clubs they did for each of us.  It's not my area of expertise so I will refrain from comment there.  I know that for me, with the driver that I use, I've got sticks that pretty much fit the Superspeed protocol.  I do wonder if they custom design them for their tour ambassadors so that the weight is spot on based on the players driver specs.  It will also be interesting to see if those of us who have sticks that more closely fit the advertised profile have greater gains than those who feel they don't.

I would say that this is like asking which is more important, the head or the shaft - its both in about equal proportions IMO.

Rev - another way of asking the question is can you do the training regiment with other clubs and get close to the same result? 

Based on your response it sounds like the two (regiment and clubs) are critical to the result 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

@Tony IMO they would be - but that’s a part of what this test is about. Super speed’s claim is that this formula has been carefully researched and that the ideal would be the weights relative to driver with two lighter and one slightly higher. The clubs are very aerodynamic so you swing the one that’s heavier than your driver about 12 percent faster.

I would not have the capability of replicating their designs - others may - I don’t know if there are copy rite ramifications of that. I’m neither an engineer nor an attorney.

Suoerspeed is not the first to push over speed training. Swingman golf does and I was following its stuff for a few months prior to being selected for this test. I’ve had the momentous speed stick for a long time and used it.

I’m seeing more dramatic results from the Super speed method. I could not get my momentus trainer up to 100 mph.

I just came from the range where I was working on my short irons. I was easily getting my 9 iron to a flag that was 130 with good range balls. Up until a week ago that would have been an 8 iron. The ball is starting to have a very different look and sound coming off my club face.

But I am also having a bit of an issue with my swing sequence - that’s coming along to though - the 5 drivers that I hit were beautiful - all the same - all 90-92 according to Swing Caddy (I was at 88 on that device 3 weeks ago). My average smash factor was 1.47 for the 5.

Stuff is happening

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

For those of you that are testing or have purchased: How much of the results are related to the practice regiment and how much is actually the 'clubs'

It's really hard to think about the practice regimen and the clubs separately. I see the results as being from the combination of the differently weighted clubs while doing the practice regimen. If I was just using my driver with the practice regimen, I don't think I would gain the speed. I've tried to swing my driver as fast as I could before SuperSpeed and did not have any major increases. On the other hand, just having the differently weighted clubs and no direction on how I should be using them, I also don't think I'd see the same gains.

Just for fun after my training protocol yesterday, I decided to swing my driver and see the highest number I could get on the radar (no ball, and yes I was swinging out of my shoes). To my surprise, I was able to get up to 109 mph, which is a number I never even dreamed possible. This morning, I played in an early morning scramble tournament and hit a few drives with the radar on the range, and, again to my surprise, I saw a max of 103 mph while hitting a ball. My strike left a little to be desired, but hitting these speeds just 3 weeks after starting the training is mind boggling. Just 3 weeks ago the max speed I saw was 96 with most being down near my average of 90.5mph. It is becoming easier and easier to swing my driver at these higher speeds and I am looking forward to seeing how things progress.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

@Tony IMO they would be - but that’s a part of what this test is about. Super speed’s claim is that this formula has been carefully researched and that the ideal would be the weights relative to driver with two lighter and one slightly higher. The clubs are very aerodynamic so you swing the one that’s heavier than your driver about 12 percent faster.

I would not have the capability of replicating their designs - others may - I don’t know if there are copy rite ramifications of that. I’m neither an engineer nor an attorney.

Suoerspeed is not the first to push over speed training. Swingman golf does and I was following its stuff for a few months prior to being selected for this test. I’ve had the momentous speed stick for a long time and used it.

I’m seeing more dramatic results from the Super speed method. I could not get my momentus trainer up to 100 mph.

I just came from the range where I was working on my short irons. I was easily getting my 9 iron to a flag that was 130 with good range balls. Up until a week ago that would have been an 8 iron. The ball is starting to have a very different look and sound coming off my club face.

But I am also having a bit of an issue with my swing sequence - that’s coming along to though - the 5 drivers that I hit were beautiful - all the same - all 90-92 according to Swing Caddy (I was at 88 on that device 3 weeks ago). My average smash factor was 1.47 for the 5.

Stuff is happening

Rev sounds like you're having great results. Nice to hear about a product that delivers results.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I've read through the Stage 1's - I'm mostly going to be following Rev and Kenny on this. I know both of these guys well in the Forum and we are fairly close in our age range. Even though I don't apply for equipment testing (clubs anyway) I kind of wish I had now for this one. Maybe I might have been chosen?? Neh... LOL

I have some more to add to this opening comment but I'm going to have to wait till the morning. Played 18 today walking and pushing a cart and I'm tired tonight.

Until then...

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'll start this morning by saying that yesterday I was not hitting my driver as far as usual. I've had that thought in the back of my mind for a few weeks now. I've asked myself if losing yardage happens quickly or is gradual over time. Lately it's seemed to have happened rather quickly. Now let me list some of the factors I think may be involved:

For the past two months we've had a lot of rain and the course (playing conditions) have slowed, I haven't played as much - missing rounds for weather and other circumstances, the ball I've played, and me just being in a slump somewhat as far as my over all game is concerned. Yesterday for example I played a Srixon Q-Star Tour. Good ball basically IMO. However, this isn't the first time I've played one and again as I've thought before; I believe it's not as long as other balls I might regularly use. (Titleist, Ksig, MG) Granted the course has been rather soft lately. Where I live in West Texas it's pretty dry normally and golf courses play fast with good roll-outs in the fairway. My total distance with driver is about 245 most days and on average. Yesterday I didn't measure any drives but I was losing distance to a peer opponent by 20-30 yards at times. Personally, I mostly equate my apparent loss of distance lately to the course conditions. Yesterday was dry on the surface but still soft. That's a big part of the problem I'm sure. I also believe the Q-Star just isn't as long. For me anyway. The temps have also cooled. Yesterday in the mid 60's. I also think I'm starting to see my driver distances shrink some in general. I'm almost 64 but in generally good shape without any physical issues or limitations other than flexibility. (I'll vow again this winter to get back on my stretching program)

I'm really interested in the SuperSpeed training program. In my mind "how can it not work?" I read in the early Stage 1 discussions that the program is supposed to last for 72 weeks!! That's asking a lot IMO. Is this official MGS review going to run for 72 weeks? But then again most training and exercise or fitness programs are usually designed to last forever aren't they? Personally, I doubt I'd stick to a strict 72 week program for anything. The SuperSpeed site says on the page for the Senior training system that it takes 4-6 weeks to see an increase in speed and power. Meaning - More distance! That I can do. Afterwards perhaps some weekly maintenance? I think at some point a person probably maxes out their ability to increase their swing speed. It just can't go on forever. So is a strict 72 week program really necessary? I don't think so.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post; I'll try and keep and eye on Rev and Kenny and see what they experience. If I decide to jump onboard I'll purchase the Senior Package which includes the swing speed radar. Good luck with the program everyone! I'm watching. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I was unaware of this. I've also deviated from the advised path as they want you doing the initial protocol for 4 weeks and I moved on after just 2. Trying to figure out what works best for me with the immediate goal of driver accuracy improvement more important than the longer-term goal of increased swing speed. 
Where can I find the distinction between what the website advises compared to what you guys are specifically doing with the new set of protocols?
why did you deviate?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I'll start this morning by saying that yesterday I was not hitting my driver as far as usual. I've had that thought in the back of my mind for a few weeks now. I've asked myself if losing yardage happens quickly or is gradual over time. Lately it's seemed to have happened rather quickly. Now let me list some of the factors I think may be involved:
For the past two months we've had a lot of rain and the course (playing conditions) have slowed, I haven't played as much - missing rounds for weather and other circumstances, the ball I've played, and me just being in a slump somewhat as far as my over all game is concerned. Yesterday for example I played a Srixon Q-Star Tour. Good ball basically IMO. However, this isn't the first time I've played one and again as I've thought before; I believe it's not as long as other balls I might regularly use. (Titleist, Ksig, MG) Granted the course has been rather soft lately. Where I live in West Texas it's pretty dry normally and golf courses play fast with good roll-outs in the fairway. My total distance with driver is about 245 most days and on average. Yesterday I didn't measure any drives but I was losing distance to a peer opponent by 20-30 yards at times. Personally, I mostly equate my apparent loss of distance lately to the course conditions. Yesterday was dry on the surface but still soft. That's a big part of the problem I'm sure. I also believe the Q-Star just isn't as long. For me anyway. The temps have also cooled. Yesterday in the mid 60's. I also think I'm starting to see my driver distances shrink some in general. I'm almost 64 but in generally good shape without any physical issues or limitations other than flexibility. (I'll vow again this winter to get back on my stretching program)
I'm really interested in the SuperSpeed training program. In my mind "how can it not work?" I read in the early Stage 1 discussions that the program is supposed to last for 72 weeks!! That's asking a lot IMO. Is this official MGS review going to run for 72 weeks? But then again most training and exercise or fitness programs are usually designed to last forever aren't they? Personally, I doubt I'd stick to a strict 72 week program for anything. The SuperSpeed site says on the page for the Senior training system that it takes 4-6 weeks to see an increase in speed and power. Meaning - More distance! That I can do. Afterwards perhaps some weekly maintenance? I think at some point a person probably maxes out their ability to increase their swing speed. It just can't go on forever. So is a strict 72 week program really necessary? I don't think so.
Like I mentioned in my earlier post; I'll try and keep and eye on Rev and Kenny and see what they experience. If I decide to jump onboard I'll purchase the Senior Package which includes the swing speed radar. Good luck with the program everyone! I'm watching. 

How did you decide to get the senior vs regular? The website doesn't really provide an explanation unless I missed it. I see the senior heaviest weight is about 45g lighter.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

How did you decide to get the senior vs regular?

I haven't actually decided on anything Tony. Just a guess that's what I'd need. Honestly, I haven't studied the weights and such.

Aren't you a tester?

I haven't actually decided on anything Tony. Just a guess that's what I'd need. Honestly, I haven't studied the weights and such.
Aren't you a tester?

No but becoming more and more intrigued with it.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

20181021_115803.jpeg Ok guys, week three is finished and here's an update on how it's going.

I went to the driving range this morning to start my week four protocols with the intention of checking to see if the "jump" would happen with me like it did Rev. I started out by hitting eight drives, took the average, and then did the routine. The drives before averaged 88.75 mph. I then proceeded to do the protocol and follow that up with eight more hits with the driver. The eight shots after averaged 91.625 mph. That's a 3.2 percent increase.

I don't think the "jump" phase was as pronounced as it was with Rev, but it was still there. I was also able to hit pretty decent shots after the protocol, so that's a positive. My high speed was 94 mph and mostly I was trying to make controlled, smooth shots.

20181019_211430.jpeg

Overall, week three was a good one. I was able to hit 100 mph with everything except the heaviest club. It's just such a good feeling to look down and see that on the radar. Week four is off to an even better start. Not going to give anything away, but I think there will be some pretty good numbers going on the chart this week.

To anyone looking to buy this system, I think it's going to be worth it. I'm going to hold off judgement until the permanent increases set in after the sixth week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Aren't you a tester?
Plaid, they base the SuperSpeed system on driver weight. It sounds like your swing speed is in the 90's with drives of 245 yards. You might be a candidate for the men's set. I'm 43 and I got the senior set based solely on the fact that my driver is light. The shaft is 45 grams and the overall weight, according to the internet, is 279 grams.

The ideal set weighs 20% lighter, 10% lighter, and 5% heavier. My advice would be to check the weight of your driver against the men's and senior set and see how close they are to these percentages.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Plaid, they base the SuperSpeed system on driver weight. It sounds like your swing speed is in the 90's with drives of 245 yards. You might be a candidate for the men's set. I'm 43 and I got the senior set based solely on the fact that my driver is light. The shaft is 45 grams and the overall weight, according to the internet, is 279 grams.

The ideal set weighs 20% lighter, 10% lighter, and 5% heavier. My advice would be to check the weight of your driver against the men's and senior set and see how close they are to these percentages.

SuperSpeed doesn't go purely by driver weight, but primarily by swing speed.  You give SuperSpeed your specs and they recommend the set you should use.  I got the Senior set because my swing speed was 84mph; my driver weight 328g, which is 12-14grams heavier than most current drivers today.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

20181021_115803.jpeg Ok guys, week three is finished and here's an update on how it's going.

I went to the driving range this morning to start my week four protocols with the intention of checking to see if the "jump" would happen with me like it did Rev. I started out by hitting eight drives, took the average, and then did the routine. The drives before averaged 88.75 mph. I then proceeded to do the protocol and follow that up with eight more hits with the driver. The eight shots after averaged 91.625 mph. That's a 3.2 percent increase.

I don't think the "jump" phase was as pronounced as it was with Rev, but it was still there. I was also able to hit pretty decent shots after the protocol, so that's a positive. My high speed was 94 mph and mostly I was trying to make controlled, smooth shots.

20181019_211430.jpeg

Overall, week three was a good one. I was able to hit 100 mph with everything except the heaviest club. It's just such a good feeling to look down and see that on the radar. Week four is off to an even better start. Not going to give anything away, but I think there will be some pretty good numbers going on the chart this week.

To anyone looking to buy this system, I think it's going to be worth it. I'm going to hold off judgement until the permanent increases set in after the sixth week.

How do you keep the data straight with Yellow, Green, Blue clubs and inputting data into Green, Blue, Red table?  Oh that's right!! You're not old! ;) I would be forever confused.  I had to change the colors to match the clubs. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

How do you keep the data straight with Yellow, Green, Blue clubs and inputting data into Green, Blue, Red table?  Oh that's right!! You're not old! I would be forever confused.  I had to change the colors to match the clubs. 
Ummm....I don't know how to change the colors. I would have to get the wife to do it. She knows more of that computer stuff than I do.

I hope you know, I nearly busted out laughing at Red Lobster at your comment. Thanks for the laugh!

This has been fun to follow along guys. I asked a few post ago but it might have been missed but is anyone doing the super speed drills and then practicing at the range? 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Here's my first three weeks.  Note that I'm using the senior SwingSpeed Set-- hence, the color variation.

Noting the last column, in particular, my regular swing speed with the lightest club has increased from 102 mph, during the first week, to 111 mph, this past week.  An increase of almost 9%.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

they base the SuperSpeed system on driver weight. It sounds like your swing speed is in the 90's with drives of 245 yards

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

SuperSpeed doesn't go purely by driver weight, but primarily by swing speed

Before I get into this I'll get my SS checked as it's been a while. Same with my driver weight. I have a swingweight scale out in the garage so that part is easy. I think I recall my SS to be in the low 90's... like perhaps 92-93? Wouldn't be surprised if it's a little lower as it's been several years and i'm older now also. 😨

This has been fun to follow along guys. I asked a few post ago but it might have been missed but is anyone doing the super speed drills and then practicing at the range? 
I'm glad you're enjoying this Theoo, it's a great review to be a part of. Personally, I don't do the drills and then practice, it is not conducive to my schedule. I did it today just to see if it affected my speed afterward. I'm pretty sure doing the drills and practicing right after is not recommended by SuperSpeed. I can't remember exactly why, I'll have to defer that answer to one of my fellow testers. That's one of the great things about this group, we have a wide variety of knowledge and skills.

Any of you think you may need stiffer flex shafts in your clubs once you peak?

My starting swing speed was 89 mph and, let's be conservative, I add 7% that will get my swing speed to 95. I'm still new at looking at all the statistical data of the golf swing so I referenced true temper's site. According to them I'll need to move from a regular to stiff flex.

Honestly, I think it's going to come down to how I'm hitting the ball with my current setup. I might hit up Club Champion in Knoxville next year and see what they recommend.

Sorry I've been kind of quiet on the thread this week.  I was on a family vacation and didn't have room to bring the swing sticks with the 7,000 outfits my daughter packed.

I returned home today and finished my final Week 3 routine.  I know the Level 1 plateau is eventually coming, but I'm still seeing some increases with the different clubs.

week 3 results.JPG

I'm starting to think my high speed of 138 in Week 1 was a radar malfunction.  I've come close but haven't been able to match that speed since.

I wish I would have been able to bring my clubs along on the vacation.  This would have made for one heck of a shot.

20181020_102616.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Sorry I've been kind of quiet on the thread this week.  I was on a family vacation and didn't have room to bring the swing sticks with the 7,000 outfits my daughter packed.
I returned home today and finished my final Week 3 routine.  I know the Level 1 plateau is eventually coming, but I'm still seeing some increases with the different clubs.
805165690_week3results.JPG.50b01205022a8708164d5d226d2f9d21.JPG
I'm starting to think my high speed of 138 in Week 1 was a radar malfunction.  I've come close but haven't been able to match that speed since.
I wish I would have been able to bring my clubs along on the vacation.  This would have made for one heck of a shot.
20181020_102616.jpg.98827bc2cc6399c12ce1935adb51a156.jpg

That's pretty awesome, and I'm glad to hear you had a safe and fun vacation lugging your daughter's clothes. If you don't mind me asking, where was that? It's gorgeous.

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's pretty awesome, and I'm glad to hear you had a safe and fun vacation lugging your daughter's clothes. If you don't mind me asking, where was that? It's gorgeous.

It's part of the new Pandora - World of Avatar area at Disney World.  Hopefully some day they put a green up there and turn it into a par 3.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Week 3:
Another week, another post!

This was a tough week for training. My expected schedule got thrown out of whack due to some soreness from a combination of my personal training last Saturday and playing golf Sunday. The PT session was leg day, which by itself, left my quads very sore, and following that up the next day with a round of golf, made stairs, curbs, and steps my enemy through Tuesday! I didn’t want the soreness to play a factor in my numbers from SuperSpeed, so I waited until Wednesday to start my Week 3 training.

Now to the numbers, this was a good week for my dominant side, although my non-dominant side still seems to lag behind some. My right-handed speeds are continuing to climb, and I’m hoping to break into the 120 club with the light club soon! I mentioned a while back that my practice swings with the driver are feeling like they are a lot faster than my swing at a ball, so I measured Friday after doing the SuperSpeed training protocol. I was reading swings in the 100-105 mph for what felt like a good practice swing, and just for the fun of it, I also tried to see how fast I could go coming out of my shoes... 109 mph! I’m a long way from trying to put that swing to use on the course (I’m not sure I’d even contact the ball.. haha), but it’s awesome knowing that I CAN hit those kind of numbers. Saturday, I was warming up before a round and setup the swing speed radar to see what my numbers looked like (with that 109 swing fresh in my mind). I saw an average driver swing speed of 95.8 mph with my max speed reading 103 mph! My strike locations were all rather high on the face, so I will definitely need to keep working on this, but it was great to see that I’ve had close to a 6% increase in my average speed since starting.

SSG - Week 3.PNG

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Any of you think you may need stiffer flex shafts in your clubs once you peak?

I hope not... I went through a driver fitting with Cool Clubs this past year and paid quite a bit for the Accra shaft I currently have in it! But, we'll see how things end up. If I start feeling like I'm getting a bit wild with the driver, I will go back in for another fitting.

I hope not... I went through a driver fitting with Cool Clubs this past year and paid quite a bit for the Accra shaft I currently have in it! But, we'll see how things end up. If I start feeling like I'm getting a bit wild with the driver, I will go back in for another fitting.

I guess it wouldn’t be the worst problem to have but I really am curious if there is enough gain to warrant equipment changes.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Yes - twice now - once with the recommending three hour gap and incredible right after completing the workout.

It took a bit to get used to swinging normally but I did. To be fair my I hadn’t been able to play much since right before starting the first protocol and my swing was giving me problems. So the timing problems I’ve been having could just be a casual golfer going through a down time due to lack of practice. I had time to practice and played twice last week and shot 72 the second round. It’s not coincidental that devoting time to golf netted a lower score. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 10/21/2018 at 4:27 PM, PlaidJacket said:

Before I get into this I'll get my SS checked as it's been a while. Same with my driver weight. I have a swingweight scale out in the garage so that part is easy. I think I recall my SS to be in the low 90's... like perhaps 92-93? Wouldn't be surprised if it's a little lower as it's been several years and i'm older now also. 😨

PJ -  The clubs are based on total weight, not swingweight.  Most drivers on the market are about 312-315 grams; some are quite light at 270-280 grams.  There is variation in head weight, shaft weight, and grip weight.  In may case however, my driver is heavier... around 328 grams, but since my swing speed was below 90 mph, SuperSpeed decided that the Senior set of clubs would be better for me.  This means that my training clubs do not meet their -20%/-10%/+5% criteria.  

Since I am an anomaly, we will see how the protocol works in my case.  From what I see from the results of other testers, I may not be getting similar results.  More later after I finish this week's session on Thursday.