hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

2 hours ago, edingc said:

BY7FaCp.jpg

Whoops. Have a call out to the company to see about repair. Got a little overhyped on my lefthanded swings, caught the radar with a glancing blow, thankfully.

I may have some experience with this. 🙂  I know that you can get a new one on Amazon Prime for $94 - just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You all have sold me on the system.  Order placed for the Superspeed system and speed radar on Amazon with delivery scheduled for Sunday.  Once in hand I will try to get some baseline numbers posted and keep everyone updated on progress.  

• Like 7

BY7FaCp.jpg
Whoops. Have a call out to the company to see about repair. Got a little overhyped on my lefthanded swings, caught the radar with a glancing blow, thankfully.

Cue the music, "bump bump bump another one bites the dust"

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

You all have sold me on the system.  Order placed for the Superspeed system and speed radar on Amazon with delivery scheduled for Sunday.  Once in hand I will try to get some baseline numbers posted and keep everyone updated on progress.  

You won’t be sorry. Good luck. I look forward to seeing your progress. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Cue the music, "bump bump bump another one bites the dust"

Al from Sport Sensors already responded to my email. I should have a new LCD screen here in the next few days, thankfully.

5 minutes ago, joen said:

You won’t be sorry. Good luck. I look forward to seeing your progress. 

Based on my early numbers, you definitely won't be sorry. I have 11 more sessions in the introductory protocol, can't wait to finish them and crunch some numbers for everyone.

• Like 2

Week 5 of the 2nd protocol is in the books - finally cracked 100 on both righty & lefty swings on the red club.  Hoping to see 120 on the green club by end of week 8, max so far is 115, which I've seen a couple of times now, along with a number of swings between 110 and 114.  On the other hand, I've hit that first jump, so I might plateau for a bit, guess we'll see.  

Capture.JPG.547032514a5bcd0cd6a7a5d48b6fb65a.JPG

• Like 4

Welcome to the club - perfect time of year - your weather is improving but not warm enough to play yet. You can get past the workouts that might make the swing feel weird before the season starts.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

I just wanted to touch base with you guys and tell you something that I figured out about my golfers elbow that is on my left arm. I recorded my left handed golf swing (not pretty) and I had a severe over the top move. When I was swing speed training last night....I made an effort to feel like I was dropping into the slot on my left handed swings. As a result I felt less tension on the medial epicondyle and my left handed swing speed actually went way up on my swings. Thought anybody just starting out might benefit from this knowledge. 

• Like 4

I'm glad you're joining training, you won't be disappointed. It's always good to have more people aboard the SuperSpeed training. This is a great group of guys and I'm positive that any questions you have, someone will be able to help.

I'm looking forward to seeing your baseline numbers and following along with you as you progress.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joen said:

I just wanted to touch base with you guys and tell you something that I figured out about my golfers elbow that is on my left arm. I recorded my left handed golf swing (not pretty) and I had a severe over the top move. When I was swing speed training last night....I made an effort to feel like I was dropping into the slot on my left handed swings. As a result I felt less tension on the medial epicondyle and my left handed swing speed actually went way up on my swings. Thought anybody just starting out might benefit from this knowledge. 

Thanks, that's good to know.  I've been meaning to record myself, but just haven't managed to take that extra 3 minutes to set up...I've had minor golfer's elbow come and go over the past few years, so this gives me an incentive to video some swings.

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

Awesome!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

And this type of feedback is what makes this thread do valuable!

I’ve really worked hard on my left handed swings. I have yet to hit any shots left handed but my swings look pretty good. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, revkev said:

And this type of feedback is what makes this thread do valuable!

I’ve really worked hard on my left handed swings. I have yet to hit any shots left handed but my swings look pretty good. 🙂

You are correct. This thread is a wealth of information. 

• Like 2

Eager to receive my set and I have been reading the Superspeed site to start getting myself familiar with the warmup and protocols.   Question:  I read in the posts that everyone in the testing is doing a new set of protocols.  Would I be better to try and do the new protocols or the ones on Superspeeds site?

• Like 4

Eager to receive my set and I have been reading the Superspeed site to start getting myself familiar with the warmup and protocols.   Question:  I read in the posts that everyone in the testing is doing a new set of protocols.  Would I be better to try and do the new protocols or the ones on Superspeeds site?

I know SuperSpeed sent the new protocols to others that I have joined us here. I would strongly recommend the new one. I’m sure we all reference level one in our reviews - it’s 6 weeks 3 normal swings both sides all three clubs, three step changes both sides all three clubs, 3 dominant normal swings with your lightest club.

Measure your driver swing speed before you start and then at the end of week 6. Level 2 adds kneeling swings all three clubs both ways in between the normal and step changes, it lasts 8 weeks.

There’s a video for how to do the step change on the website.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

I know SuperSpeed sent the new protocols to others that I have joined us here. I would strongly recommend the new one. I’m sure we all reference level one in our reviews - it’s 6 weeks 3 normal swings both sides all three clubs, three step changes both sides all three clubs, 3 dominant normal swings with your lightest club.

Measure your driver swing speed before you start and then at the end of week 6. Level 2 adds kneeling swings all three clubs both ways in between the normal and step changes, it lasts 8 weeks.

There’s a video for how to do the step change on the website.

Thanks.   I already downloaded the spreadsheet to keep track of the numbers.   I know that they have been posting in the forum so I will send them a message about the protocols.    

Basically do the introduction protocol on their site for 6 weeks instead of 4. 

• Like 2

Email info@superspeedgolf.com they will send you the newer protocols. I suggest using them because once it changes to the 1st protocol the amount of swings the old protocol called for was silly lots.

• Like 4

I'm with the rest of the guys, it'll definitely benefit you to do the new protocols. As a group, we saw a seven percent increase overall after the first six weeks, with a couple of guys gaining as much as ten. Also, the dynamic warm-up is slightly different with the new protocols so be sure when you email them to ask for those also.

My training has been put on hold for the last week due to lots of rain and not having an indoor area to do the training. It's supposed to be leaving the area next week and I'll be back at it. Honestly, not being able to train or play is driving me crazy.

• Like 3

It felt good to get back to training today, I've missed it. It's sixty degrees and sunny or today, with lots of mud. My speeds were down slightly, but I'm not too worried about that. I think my concern for good footing might have played a part it in. Better safe than sorry, I really had no desire to accidentally do a split or face plant in my yard. No one is home right now to call an ambulance.

It's looking like better weather this week, so I'm hoping I can get out to the range one evening and hit some balls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

SwingSpeed sticks and radar came this afternoon.  Probably should have waited until tomorrow to start because I had just finished exercising but wanted to give them a try.  Left handed was definitely difficult and overall I thought my speeds with the clubs were lower than I thought they would be compared to my baseline driver speed.  

For those filling out the spreadsheet are you just putting your highest MPH whether it was regular swing, step change,  or the last set with the light club?  

• Like 5

SwingSpeed sticks and radar came this afternoon.  Probably should have waited until tomorrow to start because I had just finished exercising but wanted to give them a try.  Left handed was definitely difficult and overall I thought my speeds with the clubs were lower than I thought they would be compared to my baseline driver speed.  
For those filling out the spreadsheet are you just putting your highest MPH whether it was regular swing, step change,  or the last set with the light club?  
Glad to hear that they came in. Personally, I saw slower speeds than I expected the first couple of weeks. It takes a little while to get used to the mentality of swinging faster than you're used to. Looking back at my first week my speeds were 101, 99, and 94, with a starting driver speed of 89 mph. The left handed swings will get easier as you go on.

The fastest swings with each club can come from any of the different protocols. I'm like rev, my fastest swings lately with my lightest stocks are from my last three. When doing the first protocol, most of them are from the step change.

• Like 3