Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

2 hours ago, Springveldt said:

Lengthy post incoming...

OK, managed to get back to the exact same GC2 monitor that I hit on back in March. The results were both positive and negative.

Ignore club names as I was just selecting anything on the screen at the time to give me difference colours, the GC2 guesses club head speed anyway so I was only interested in the ball data.

Numbers from March when I had my driver set at 9.25 degrees in draw position with a TaylorMade Project(a) ball.

PdlGb0Al.jpg

My first hits where with the Project(a) ball again but I've got my driver at 10.5 degrees just now in Fade since I was trying to play a fade as I've been coming over the top lately. When not in Fade setting my misses have been big pulls left.

0bQryyll.jpg?1

Positive is the big 5mph increase in ball speed, not bad for 6 weeks! Negatives are the huge jump in spin that means I'm not gaining anything really and I'm off the planet right when I leave the face open.

In true MyGolfSpy fashion I then switched to my current ball the Bridgestone Tour B X to see if that produced any more speed (it should going by the MyGolfSpy ball test).

I hit 4 shots with the driver in the same setting before lowering it to 9.75 and switching to the Draw setting again.

wstnrPml.jpg?1

Ball speed up nearly 7mph now, I guess the ball testing was accurate as the Bridgestone has given me another 2mph.

From these results it's obvious that a few things are happening...

1. I'm hitting down on the ball with my driver instead if hitting up. This is probably because I've been trying to steepen my backswing but I'm not shallowing out enough on the downswing. When I swing with a shallower backswing I have big pulls left with both irons and driver as a miss. This more upright backswing has helped my irons a lot but it may be hurting my driver.

2. If I keep swinging as I am just now I need to lower my current driver loft to 9 degrees but this is opening the face up even more. If I do that I'll need to make sure I get better club face control but I'm worried I won't be able to control it and start slicing massively.

3. Superspeed works, there is no doubt about it in my mind.

Next step is probably to go get a lesson from a local pro who has a Trackman to see if I can retain this speed but adjust my angle of attack to hit up. If I can do that I should be seeing carries into the 260 range.

If that fails, I guess it's time for a driver fitting as I think I would benefit from a 9 degree driver rather than the 10.5 one I have currently. Plus, it's a 2016 M1 driver I'm hitting, I need an excuse to replace it. 😀

tl;dr Superspeed works.

Thanks, that was a good read, great work!  I have to admit I'm just a little jealous of those speeds and distances.  😉

Plus, it's a 2016 M1 driver I'm hitting, I need an excuse to replace it.

For sure, you're behind by 5 now!  

The last month I have been recovering from a back injury from golf and speed sticks. I was a couple weeks into Level 4 when all this happened, so I put them down for abit and the last week or more have been starting back up with 2 training sessions per week at the Level 1 proto.........and ramping up and into L4 over the next week.

On August 1st will be the 1 year anniversary for me of when I first got the stick and the radar and drove down to the range to collect my first "starting numbers." Granted I did not start the training FOR REAL until November 1, but I am hoping to remain healthy and head back to the range on that 1 year anniversary date to re-test and compare.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed true to my word as it relates to the below Quote from the above post (lol).

366 days ago, 8-2-2018, I trotted out to range with my swing speed radar and a bucket of balls. Warmed up and then hit and recorded 10 drivers with result of Max 108mph, Averaged 105.5

366 days later, 8-3-2019, trotted to the same range and a bucket, warmed up and then recorded 10 drivers with result of Max 118mph, Averaged 116mph, and slowest was 113mph. I did actually record a 121mph in my string of 10 but eliminated it as an outlier and hit another to use for record. 😁 It is the 2nd 121mph (in months) I've seen but I'm not buying it until I see it more often

QUOTE FROM ABOVE:"On August 1st will be the 1 year anniversary for me of when I first got the stick and the radar and drove down to the range to collect my first "starting numbers." Granted I did not start the training FOR REAL until November 1, but I am hoping to remain healthy and head back to the range on that 1 year anniversary date to re-test and compare."

Edited by Trial&Error

I stayed true to my word as it relates to the below Quote from the above post (lol).
366 days ago, 8-2-2018, I trotted out to range with my swing speed radar and a bucket of balls. Warmed up and then hit and recorded 10 drivers with result of Max 108mph, Averaged 105.5
366 days later, 8-3-2019, trotted to the same range and a bucket, warmed up and then recorded 10 drivers with result of Max 118mph, Averaged 116mph, and slowest was 113mph. I did actually record a 121mph in my string of 10 but eliminated it as an outlier and hit another to use for record.  It is the 2nd 121mph (in months) I've seen but I'm not buying it until I see it more often
QUOTE FROM ABOVE:"On August 1st will be the 1 year anniversary for me of when I first got the stick and the radar and drove down to the range to collect my first "starting numbers." Granted I did not start the training FOR REAL until November 1, but I am hoping to remain healthy and head back to the range on that 1 year anniversary date to re-test and compare."

That’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I started level 2 about three days ago and have noticed quite the difference. I didn't buy a radar, but probably should have. The only downside I've realized is needing to upgrade equipment (shafts) again at Club Champion. I'll wait until I'm finished up next May/June before I upgrade.

That'll be $$$$

I started level 2 about three days ago and have noticed quite the difference. I didn't buy a radar, but probably should have. The only downside I've realized is needing to upgrade equipment (shafts) again at Club Champion. I'll wait until I'm finished up next May/June before I upgrade.

That'll be $$$$

I would highly recommend the radar. You can find them for under 100 on Amazon Prime.

Everyone is different but the only club/shaft that I needed to change was driver. I was very surprised when I was fitted. Others though have needed a more complete equipment overhaul. SuperSpeed recommends doing a fitting during the second plateau phase.

Good luck

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Life has gotten in the way of already being done with the second protocol. I only did two sessions in July, but have picked up and done two more this week already. I'm now done with 19 of 24 sessions in the second protocol.

I'm definitely still in a plateau, but what's interesting is that I'm finally starting to see my numbers with the heavier (blue, red) clubs and left hand swings catch up with my right-handed green club swings. I think that's a good thing.

Overall maximum speed progression so far during protocol two:

image.thumb.png.79f19bc1aef012f21a54efae6634f1fe.png

And numbers from my last session last night:

image.thumb.png.92cfe60fa8f33cbdbdb188b9c5f3b65e.png

Most importantly, I'm starting to see results on the course. I switched driver shafts in my Epic Flash to the HZRDUS Yellow two weeks ago and made a few small swing changes at the beginning of July. They have really aided translating my speed to the course.

During my nine hole round this morning I averaged 248 yards off the tee, dragged down by a 219-yard miss low on the face. About two weeks ago, I had drives of 280 and 301 yards during an evening round. 

I'll say it again - SuperSpeed flat out works.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

• 2 weeks later...

Did my first session with my homemade setup. 

Left handed was certainly weird and uncoordinated.

Highest speed with the light club was 120, squeezed out 110 with the heavy one with the step through. 

I was puffing by the time I finished, seriously out of condition.

I'll need to monitor my shoulder to see if I can keep going in the short term. Fingers crossed.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Thanks for chiming back in as an original tester Revkev. I (obviously was not one) wondered if any of the original testers were going to see it through further and to see if anyone would eventually report the "3rd Bump" in speed. I for one have been thinking about and gearing up for this off season to continue the training in quest of this mythical 3rd bump in speed and see if it comes through.

I'm in this so far for 10 months now, my current plateau has been "locked in" since back in March more or less........figure I've made it this far, see if I can stay healthy and power through to March 2020 in hopes of the last increase?!?!?!?

Due to work, new baby, and lots of actual golf I haven’t made it far into level 2.

However, I did a workout yesterday and was happy to see that I got close to my max speeds even after not training for about 2 weeks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Nice to hear the update Rev! As another one of the original testers, I will try to spend some time this weekend and get my own update written up, but for the time being, here is a basic overview. I made it through the 2nd protocol (and our Stage 2 reviews), but I was never able to gain any firm traction in the 3rd protocol and fell off the program quickly after. The combination of working full-time and going to school at a University at night, I'm often mentally drained by the time I get home and just didn't have the discipline to keep up with the program. I am going in for a long game fitting tomorrow morning (fairways/hybrids), and will be able to get some Trackman numbers off of my driver to see how they compare to my pre-SuperSpeed Trackman numbers (I went through a driver fitting 6-8 months prior to SuperSpeed). It should be a good indication of how well the swing speed numbers hold up over time without actively doing the training for an extended period of time.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I'm somewhat in the same boat as@revkev, after finishing the third set of protocols I went into a maintenance phase for a few weeks. Right now, I haven't picked up a SuperSpeed sick for anything other than a warm-up in a little over a month. We bought a mobile home to move my mother-in-law into and with two places to maintain plus work, golfing, and trying to get her moved, time has been at a minimum.

I'm still seeing better distances on the course, and I think that's a testament of how well SuperSpeed works. I've hit my longest drive ever (276) and also achieved a major goal of driving a par 4 just last weekend. I have developed a severe over the top move that is hurting my distance and need to iron that out, but knowing is half the battle.

I am planning on resuming training once everything calms down. I thoroughly enjoy doing it and the results speak for themselves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks for the update, @revkev!

1 hour ago, Trial&Error said:

I'm in this so far for 10 months now, my current plateau has been "locked in" since back in March more or less........figure I've made it this far, see if I can stay healthy and power through to March 2020 in hopes of the last increase?!?!?!?

I've been wondering this, too. I finally finished the second level of training and am planning on starting the third level here this weekend. The entire second level was basically one long plateau phase, with exception to increasing my speeds with the heavier clubs and with my left-handed swings. 

I think adding the sequencing ASD protocol during the third level is going to help me quite a bit. At my range session during lunch today I hit 258 carry and saw 106 MPH club head speed once. I'm getting to the point where 100+ is the norm, but I know I struggle a lot with my sequencing and especially being consistent with it.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Thanks for the update, [mention=16651]revkev[/mention]!
I've been wondering this, too. I finally finished the second level of training and am planning on starting the third level here this weekend. The entire second level was basically one long plateau phase, with exception to increasing my speeds with the heavier clubs and with my left-handed swings. 
I think adding the sequencing ASD protocol during the third level is going to help me quite a bit. At my range session during lunch today I hit 258 carry and saw 106 MPH club head speed once. I'm getting to the point where 100+ is the norm, but I know I struggle a lot with my sequencing and especially being consistent with it.

Hang in there - if you go back to our stage two reviews you will see that some of us experienced jumps at the end of level 2 for others it was into level 3.

That jump however did not hold for me - I lost it before I stopped doing SuperSpeed in fact. I peaked out around 97 or 98 mph but slid back to 92-95 where I am now. I did hit 100 plus right after a protocol session - but I’ve never had an “official” 100 on Swing Caddy on the course.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have been in maintenance mode all summer long. I have not lost any of my added speed or distance. Not sure how much more I can gain to be honest. We all have our ceilings and I feel I am probably close to mine. With that said.....the investment in the Super Speed sticks was definitely worth it. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I have been in maintenance mode all summer long. I have not lost any of my added speed or distance. Not sure how much more I can gain to be honest. We all have our ceilings and I feel I am probably close to mine. With that said.....the investment in the Super Speed sticks was definitely worth it. 

I agree in regards to the ceiling but what determines it? Lots of factors I would think from swing flaws to physical ailments to age to level of athletic giftedness. For that matter life and economic circumstance are factors.

If I had the time, money and desire I could raise that ceiling a bit even at my age - certainly if I were younger but would it be worth it?

All interesting questions to ponder

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I just got back from my long game fitting.. I know I teased a longer update after going through the fitting, but I'm going to have to split the update. I got baseline numbers from my current 5i, 5w, and 3w, but after going through the hybrid portion of the fitting, I was getting tired and my numbers were starting to drastically drop and my swing was getting inconsistent. I went ahead and ordered a hybrid, and am going to resume the fairway wood portion of the fitting when I pick up the new club! Hopefully I will be able to get some Driver numbers at that time also.

But to give you a general idea of how my swing speed numbers have progressed, I compared my Trackman numbers from today with the Trackman numbers from my previous Driver and Iron fittings (Driver and Irons were fitted in 2018 at the same location). This won't be a perfect apples to apples comparison since I did not hit driver today and the only iron I hit was my 5i, whereas I was fit previously using a 6i, but I think you'll still get the point...

In 2018, my fitted driver had an average swing speed of 91.3. A month later, my fitted 6i swing speed measured in at 83.3 mph. Today, my current 3w had an average speed of 98.7 mph, and my current 5i had an average speed of 91.0 mph!

A disclaimer to the above, after going through the SuperSpeed program and gaining swing speed, but not distance, I started looking towards lessons. At the end of April, I started going to a local teaching professional and have taken a total of 3 lessons. It took taking the lessons before I started seeing distance gains. So while I do think some of my swing speed gains can be attributed to the lessons (my club path has gotten drastically better), I still believe that the majority of this increase came from learning how to swing faster!

7 hours ago, revkev said:

I agree in regards to the ceiling but what determines it? Lots of factors I would think from swing flaws to physical ailments to age to level of athletic giftedness. For that matter life and economic circumstance are factors.

If I had the time, money and desire I could raise that ceiling a bit even at my age - certainly if I were younger but would it be worth it?

Good observations. I believe age and your natural athletic ability including your percentage of fast twitch muscle fibers are the two most important factors that you mentioned.  I would be curious if someone did have unlimited time and resources how much they could theoretically increase their ceiling. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Good observations. I believe age and your natural athletic ability including your percentage of fast twitch muscle fibers are the two most important factors that you mentioned.  I would be curious if someone did have unlimited time and resources how much they could theoretically increase their ceiling. 

Of course we do have to remember that there are finally tuned your athletes with just those resources - of those only a few hundred make a good living playing golf.

Even if 4 got to a plus 2 - a highly improbable scenario, he’s still not playing professional golf or competing in high level amateur events.
@Kegger huge improvements there!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 8/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, revkev said:

Scrolling through after being away from the discussion for a while and saw this was along the path of my current question.

I got away from the workout routines as I started a series of lessons and got into my league season. Realizing I had enough going through my head with swing adjustments and not wanting to complicate that with the occasional timing and sequence blips that SuperSpeed says many will encounter I let the sticks sit in the corner for the season. 

I didn't feel like I lost an of the gains I had made, but was just curious to how the tester group has managed anything similar. What have you guys done for maintenance when you want to get out and play more?

Now that the league season is done, I plan to start the protocols again at the beginning. Should I expect to progress to level two quicker or just stay on the prescribed schedule?

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

I've lurked around here for a while, but decided to create an account since I recently got the SuperSpeed Golf sticks for myself and want to share my experience with them.

I start my second week tomorrow. The first week didn't give me much for results. I started at 96mph average driver speed(topping out a bit over 100mph on the highest ones) and stayed the same through the first two sessions, without the 100+ swings showing up at all. My third session I saw a 97mph average, with some of those 100+ swings creeping back in now and then. It was a bit disappointing after reading so many people have big increases right away. My swings with the sticks have increased in speed every session, though, so maybe I'm just a late bloomer.

Checking out their website after getting the sticks, I saw they're having a workshop in the northeast in a few weeks that coincides with a trip I'm making past there anyway. I'm probably going to try to attend, so I'll share my results until then and how that experience turns out as well.

Thanks for all the stories and results you guys have shared. I look forward to reading more.

Scrolling through after being away from the discussion for a while and saw this was along the path of my current question.
I got away from the workout routines as I started a series of lessons and got into my league season. Realizing I had enough going through my head with swing adjustments and not wanting to complicate that with the occasional timing and sequence blips that SuperSpeed says many will encounter I let the sticks sit in the corner for the season. 
I didn't feel like I lost an of the gains I had made, but was just curious to how the tester group has managed anything similar. What have you guys done for maintenance when you want to get out and play more?
Now that the league season is done, I plan to start the protocols again at the beginning. Should I expect to progress to level two quicker or just stay on the prescribed schedule?

Great question -

Here’s a chance to test SuperSpeed’s customer service - purchase of the sticks is supposed to bring access to the staff. Reach out to them with an email about this question.

I’d be curious to read what they say also. I feel like I want to get back into the program as the weather gets cooler and play transfers from competitive to casual. Speaker which we need to get out and play. Friday’s often work for me starting the end of September. How about you?

I can also play on a stray Saturday here or there.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have reached week 20. my speeds with the superspeed sticks seem to have leveled off and on a GC Quad my speed are in the 110-113 range which is up from the 105 range when I started during most wanted testing. Need to find some time to get to a range so I can do the ASD protocol tests and see if I need to incorporate them into my training.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks to the hard work and dedication of the testers along with others who have reported their experience, I finally purchased SuperSpeed Golf along with the radar. I don't plan to start any protocols until next week, but I'm excited to dive in and see what happens. One question I have for those who have been doing the protocols for a while... Do any of you also workout during the week, and how do you think it's best to manage SuperSpeed Golf on top of traditional workouts?

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Thanks to the hard work and dedication of the testers along with others who have reported their experience, I finally purchased SuperSpeed Golf along with the radar. I don't plan to start any protocols until next week, but I'm excited to dive in and see what happens. One question I have for those who have been doing the protocols for a while... Do any of you also workout during the week, and how do you think it's best to manage SuperSpeed Golf on top of traditional workouts?

Yes I worked out during the testing - I tried to avoid doing a SS session on a workout day - if I did I did SS first.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I just finished my second week today. My lefty swings have steadily improved, but I haven't seen any gains on my actual shots.

First 2 weeks data:

Driver the day Before starting:     96average - 104 high

Week 1:          Green                           Blue                             Red                                      Driver

Day 1       (110R - 84L)                (105R - 82L)                  (101R - 82L)                   (96avg - 97high)       

Day 2       (113R - 96L)                 (110R - 94L)                  (104R - 89L)                  (96avg - 99high)  

Day 3        (119R - 98L)                (115R - 93L)                 (110R - 87L)                    (97avg - 102high)

Week 2:           Green                           Blue                             Red                                     Driver 

Day 1         (123R - 102L)              (109R - 95L)                 (108R - 96L)                  (95avg - 97.6high)

Day 2         (119R - 102L)              (110R - 103L)               (104R - 91L)                  (94.6avg - 96.4high)

Day 3         (119R - 105L)              (112R - 98L)                 (105R - 95L)                  (96.6avg - 99.8high)

Sorry if all those numbers are a mess, but I thought I'd type it up to show my trends. What they don't show is normal swings have been the fastest for me in week 2 for everything but Green and lefty swings. Today they were faster across the board. They're pretty similar for the most part, but my fastest step swing was 5mph slower than my fastest normal swing with Red today, and the same as my slowest normal swing.

It would be great to hear any similar experiences and/or recommendations you guys might have. I'm still going to attend the workshop they're having in a few weeks, but starting to wonder if it might be better to stop and wait until I've attended and learned what will help me the most.

Long-term Update:

Almost a year has passed since we started the review for the SuperSpeed program, and I wanted to make sure I provided a long-term update on how my swing speed has progressed. I just got back from my long game fitting at Cool Clubs. This is the first time I have been on a launch monitor since going through the SuperSpeed program, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.

I do have a couple big disclaimers before I go over the results…

1. I dropped off of the SuperSpeed program soon after the Stage 2 reviews and have not done any of the speed protocols for close to 8 months.
  2. I started taking lessons in April of this year and have had distance gains through the improvement of my swing.

Now let’s take you back to the original review.. Prior to starting the SuperSpeed protocol, my average driver swing speed was a measly 90.5 mph. By the end of my stage 2 review, I had increased my average driver swing speed to 96.4 mph, with my fastest swings being around 103 mph (All measured on the supplied Swing Speed Radar). One of the biggest disappointments I had after using SuperSpeed, is that while I was gaining swing speed, I wasn’t seeing any distance gains on the course. This tied with a busy schedule, prompted me to put away the SuperSpeed clubs.

There has been a lot of speculation about whether or not the swing speed increases are permanent, or will decay over time without the continued use of the SuperSpeed clubs. Having not done a speed protocol in 8 months, I believe that I can now answer that. 

All of my recent club fittings have been done at Cool Clubs, with the same fitter, on Trackman. My first fitting was for Driver and took place about 6 months prior to starting the SuperSpeed program, I will be referring to this as my baseline. At the end of my long game fitting, I took a few swings with Driver to gather some comparison numbers. Here are the averages:

252929850_BaselinevCurrentDriver.JPG.914f3eee992fcaa9e7ef270ce7ccf2b9.JPG

* I just realized that I entered the wrong smash factor for the baseline. The baseline Smash Factor should read "1.42".

Despite having put away SuperSpeed 8 months ago, I am still maintaining a 7 mph club head speed increase and have had a ball speed increase of 10.6 mph, which has resulted in an additional 18.9 yards of carry and 21.4 yards total. Now if I could only figure out how to move my angle of attack towards the positive side… There are still yards to gain at my current swing speed! 

So for those of you who are worried about losing club head speed after ending the SuperSpeed training, I don’t think you have much to worry about. In my case, simply continuing to play on a regular basis has allowed me to maintain the swing speed increases from the program.

Hi guys, I haven't done an update in a while simply because I haven't even started stage 2 yet. Life has gotten in the way and I've found it very difficult to find the time to do the protocols. To be honest my motivation has dropped down as well due to the excellent gains I got in the first 6 weeks.

After getting frustrated with my game I went for a lesson with a local pro who has a Trackman so I could get all my club data (rather than the GC2 I was hitting on only giving me ball data). At the end of the lesson I mentioned that my spin rate for my driver was high so I hit a few balls to get feedback. 

Before starting SuperSpeed my driver was usually in the 96-98mph range with the odd one going over 100mph ( I think 102mph may have been the best I've seen). On Trackman my controlled driver swings were averaging 105mph and when the instructor asked me to go after a few my speed went up to 110mph. I hadn't done any protocols or maintenance in the 4 weeks before that lesson.

SuperSpeed simply works and it seems like others just playing regularly keeps all your gains. I hit a 318 yard drive last week (wind assisted with a firm fairway) and early on Saturday morning at 12 degrees temperature with dew on the fairway I hit a 289 yard drive into a crosswind.

I really should find the 20 minutes to do stage 2, I may try and get them started tonight to see if I can find another speed jump.

I have a question for you guys. Do/did you hit balls right after doing the protocols, wait a day, several hours, a week? I've been hitting several balls immediately after doing the training every time to track progress. Would appreciate hearing your experience and if you and/or superspeed advise against doing this. It only occurred to me that it might be a bad idea after seeing something about waiting several hours before playing.