Jump to content
hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Recommended Posts

Hey everybody! Sorry for being absent from posting I've been on the bench for a couple of weeks after having a procedure done on my back. Nothing serious or major, but suffice to say infected cysts fall into the nasty category. That's the bad news.
For the good news. I just finished my first workout after having the two weeks off. I decided to restart where I left off but taking one fewer swing in each group. That put me at week 2 of my protocol 1 series. I expected most of my numbers to be down a bit. I was both right and wrong. 
My first couple of kneeling swings were down a bit, as well as most of my lefty (off side) numbers. BUT, here's the kicker. Comparing to my original week 8 numbers, my highest swings for everything but kneeling were either equal or better than the original. That includes a couple of all time highs like a 115 lefty step-thru, and a 107 red club normal swing. I even got a 120 in the max swings which is only one mph off my all time highest. 
My takeaways from this session: It doesn't seem you have to worry about a short break in training, and the proposed permanent gains look to be fairly permanent.
When I finished protocol 1, I was seeing driver speed numbers average around 104. That gain led me to choose the Bridgestone e12 Speed ball when selected for the test group. That's the one engineered for the 105 mph swing speed. So, we will get a chance during that test to look at a possible equipment change for the speed gains. It will be going up against the Titleist Tour Soft and Vice Tour which are my regular gamers. It's a surlyn cover so more a direct comparison to the Vice. It might come down to short game performance and feel versus the Tour Soft. Stay tuned.


Glad you came through that procedure okay.

Great information in this thread. I’m going to get a new driver this week. I’m having trouble keeping my driver on the planet which is very unusual for me. I think it’s time. I’m hitting on two test threads with this fitting, besides this I ponied up $7 and did tru fit. I used my Voice Caddy swing speed not the radar. I will start with the driver/shaft combo that it recommended.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week three in the books with jumps all across the board.    Although I played last weekend and thought my distance were up,  I don't think I have enough measurable on course time to evaluate if I am hitting less clubs into greens.   If I were to judge based on Most Wanted testing,  speeds are up and so is consistency.   Rev and I seem to be seeing improved ball striking as part of the benefit as well.   Might just be a coincidence,   but I am liking what I am seeing.   Only a few more weeks until I remeasure my driver speed 🙂

 

image.png.7b136ea2559d40beb8e1b7eaaeaae1ec.png

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how I did it today. I was beat when my workout started and it felt like it was going to be a waste. I hit 106 with red club regular swing....a record. Also hit 119 with green club on regular swing. No 120 yet. Look out Florida.....here I come tomorrow. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, revkev said:

 


Glad you came through that procedure okay.

Great information in this thread. I’m going to get a new driver this week. I’m having trouble keeping my driver on the planet which is very unusual for me. I think it’s time. I’m hitting on two test threads with this fitting, besides this I ponied up $7 and did tru fit. I used my Voice Caddy swing speed not the radar. I will start with the driver/shaft combo that it recommended.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Exactly why I asked about equipment changes (or not)  a page or two back. I too thought to be "feeling" new/odd sensations in my driver, and my 3 wood was a disaster. I bought, as experiment, a used Rogue Subzero 3 wood in 75g x-flex and it was a HAMMER.

Given that success, last week I went to Club Champion for driver fitting to try some new and different shafts for my TS3. Every shaft they gave me for my fitting was in the 73-77g weight family in X-flex. Ended up settling on Fujikura Tour Spec 7x Black.

Edit: Should have included the statement that I've never owned X-flex anything, ever.

Edited by Trial&Error
Add thought
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started week 23 of the program today and hit a new personal high of 144mph during the last 3 "normal" swings of the session.  My previous best was 143 during week 11 so it was a long standing record.

I can't wait to get out to the course and see how much this program has helped my distance over the fall/winter.  The temperature here in WI is suppposed to be in the 50's by the end of the week.  Hopefully that means spring is near.

144mph.jpg.fec111c92c04162180046837df040aab.jpg

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

Started week 23 of the program today and hit a new personal high of 144mph during the last 3 "normal" swings of the session.  My previous best was 143 during week 11 so it was a long standing record.

I can't wait to get out to the course and see how much this program has helped my distance over the fall/winter.  The temperature here in WI is suppposed to be in the 50's by the end of the week.  Hopefully that means spring is near.

144mph.jpg.fec111c92c04162180046837df040aab.jpg

 

Holy cow, that's fast!  Sometimes I have to combine 2 swings to get to 144 😉

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question:  is the "double-step" mentioned in the new version of the protocols sent to the official testers the same thing as the crow-hop swings that are still shown in the videos currently on the SuperSpeed website?  I'll be starting the Level 3 protocol tomorrow, so I thought I'd check here real quick, and if no one is sure, I'll email Daisy tomorrow.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quick question:  is the "double-step" mentioned in the new version of the protocols sent to the official testers the same thing as the crow-hop swings that are still shown in the videos currently on the SuperSpeed website?  I'll be starting the Level 3 protocol tomorrow, so I thought I'd check here real quick, and if no one is sure, I'll email Daisy tomorrow.
Thanks!
The crow hop is the Happy Gilmore, and not the double step. I sent you a Dropbox link to the new level 3 video via PM. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

The crow hop is the Happy Gilmore, and not the double step. I sent you a Dropbox link to the new level 3 video via PM. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

I got it, thanks sirchunkslot!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The double step is like pitching from a wind up.

144 - Holy s....

Did you see that my Sheboygan Lutheran Crusaders won the class 5 state championship again Bucky?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, revkev said:

The double step is like pitching from a wind up.

144 - Holy s....

Did you see that my Sheboygan Lutheran Crusaders won the class 5 state championship again Bucky?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hopefully I won’t commit a balk...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well......The snow is melting; 60 degree days all this week.  The course isn't open yet because snow is still in shady areas, and the ground is frozen so there is puddling as the snow melts.  But I made a Tee Time for Sunday, and I got a text from my Monday walking buddies, 10:34am next Monday!!

I got out today for my first SuperSpeed protocol since January.  I decided to start with the Level 2 protocol, even though I started the Level 3 protocol after we posted the Stage 2 review.  I haven't done anything for almost 2 months, literally nothing, and I could feel it.  Speed was down with all clubs, but not by much... 2-3 mph.  My speed when kneeling was the same, go figure!!  My plan is to do the Level 2 protocol two more times this week, then start Level 3 over again.  Onward!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well......The snow is melting; 60 degree days all this week.  The course isn't open yet because snow is still in shady areas, and the ground is frozen so there is puddling as the snow melts.  But I made a Tee Time for Sunday, and I got a text from my Monday walking buddies, 10:34am next Monday!!

I got out today for my first SuperSpeed protocol since January.  I decided to start with the Level 2 protocol, even though I started the Level 3 protocol after we posted the Stage 2 review.  I haven't done anything for almost 2 months, literally nothing, and I could feel it.  Speed was down with all clubs, but not by much... 2-3 mph.  My speed when kneeling was the same, go figure!!  My plan is to do the Level 2 protocol two more times this week, then start Level 3 over again.  Onward!!

That’s great Kenny!  Can’t wait to hear how your rounds go!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike Lambert said:

That’s great Kenny!  Can’t wait to hear how your rounds go!

Probably not that great.  I haven't picked up a club since Feb 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Probably not that great.  I haven't picked up a club since Feb 3.

All I know is it’s going to be 29 when I leave for work in the morning, so I’m going to golf vicariously through you and figure a not so great round for you would be a great round for me 😉

Probably another 3 weeks before we can get out around here.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well......The snow is melting; 60 degree days all this week.  The course isn't open yet because snow is still in shady areas, and the ground is frozen so there is puddling as the snow melts.  But I made a Tee Time for Sunday, and I got a text from my Monday walking buddies, 10:34am next Monday!!
I got out today for my first SuperSpeed protocol since January.  I decided to start with the Level 2 protocol, even though I started the Level 3 protocol after we posted the Stage 2 review.  I haven't done anything for almost 2 months, literally nothing, and I could feel it.  Speed was down with all clubs, but not by much... 2-3 mph.  My speed when kneeling was the same, go figure!!  My plan is to do the Level 2 protocol two more times this week, then start Level 3 over again.  Onward!!
It's great to hear that you're going to be able to get out and play. Have fun and I can't wait to hear about your rounds!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a brain fart last night, it was starting to rain so I was in a little bit of a hurry. Went out and did my protocol and compared my speeds against prior results to see if I had any increase in speeds. All good except is was day 1 of a new week so everything resets. Oh well, will have to capture the numbers starting on day 2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 18 or 19 of training here for me now. Definitely appear to be stuck in a "range" of training numbers for the last 5 weeks since seeing a noticeable jump at that time. But, all things considered, although it's been tough it's kinda the fun part, knowing that these are the times alot of others may stop training due to lack of added progress after, what......almost 4 months now. So just gonna grind it out and see if there's more gains in the tank at some point down the road I guess😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Week 18 or 19 of training here for me now. Definitely appear to be stuck in a "range" of training numbers for the last 5 weeks since seeing a noticeable jump at that time. But, all things considered, although it's been tough it's kinda the fun part, knowing that these are the times alot of others may stop training due to lack of added progress after, what......almost 4 months now. So just gonna grind it out and see if there's more gains in the tank at some point down the road I guess
I'm in the same boat, I really haven't seen any gains in training numbers in a while. I can almost guess where my weekly numbers are going to be. But, according to SuperSpeed, we should be nearing a jump in a few week. I'm excited about that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...