Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

3 hours ago, Pug said:

I am going to replace irons and wedges this year and may also upgrade my fairway woods, and arranged a fitting at a local unaffiliated fitting shop. During the course of the experience I mentioned that I had tried SS last summer, but when I got to the course I was spraying shots all over the place and could no longer hit my fade, so I stopped using the SS and deliberately slowed down my swing to get control back. Before I could finish the fitter jumped in and really trashed the SS as causing nothing but erratic shots for those who used them. Since I wanted to get on his Trackman and get some analysis I shut up about it.

With a range of different weight shafts my 6 iron club head speed ranged from about 66 to 68 mph. Dispersion with the second lightest club which also had the best distance, was no more than 10 yards left and right of centre.

The part of the story the fitter didn’t hear was I was another Trackman the last week of December and my 6 iron club head speed ranged from an average of 60 to 62 mph. On December 29 I started the SS Level 1 protocol again, and 8 weeks later had just graduated to the Level 2 protocol. The fitting was the very next day. From 62 to 68 mph represents an 8.8% increase in club head speed in just 8 weeks.

The other thing I had started doing at the same time was working the Performance Golf Zone “Fix My Slice” training. The dispersion pattern of + or - 10 yards from the centre line puts all of the shots in the fairway. I thank the PGZ training for that.

The fitter had virtually no large scale data to support the clubs he had available (CGX, Miura, PGX) and was trying to fit this old man into were in anyway superior to the Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetals that I am leaning towards. Given his expressed biases I will be getting my irons fitting done elsewhere. I made the appointment with another independent golf equipment retailer for this Thursday, and I will see what they think of the Mizunos and the other irons (Cobra, Ping and TM) I am interested in checking out.

The data will tell the story.

Spraying shots after starting SSG is fairly common, I think.  It happened with this old man!  I'm generally fairly straight with my driver, but during Protocol 1 I experienced misses on the course that put me in the rough... some really in the rough!!  Over time, and the amount of time will vary from person to person, your body gets used to the faster swings, and the control comes back.  

Best of luck on the fitting.  The fitter I went to in October told me that he couldn't fit me into any clubs that would be significantly better than what I'm playing.  Nice to know, but I was willing to spend money for shiny new stuff!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Spraying shots after starting SSG is fairly common, I think.  It happened with this old man!  I'm generally fairly straight with my driver, but during Protocol 1 I experienced misses on the course that put me in the rough... some really in the rough!!  Over time, and the amount of time will vary from person to person, your body gets used to the faster swings, and the control comes back.  

Best of luck on the fitting.  The fitter I went to in October told me that he couldn't fit me into any clubs that would be significantly better than what I'm playing.  Nice to know, but I was willing to spend money for shiny new stuff!!

Totally agree with Kenny B. The accuracy will return. It makes sense if you think about it. Which club face will be harder to square at impact?  Your old swing which was only going X miles per hour?  Or you new swing which is going X miles per hour + 10?  I am hoping you chose answer B, because that is the correct answer. With time, you will be able to square up that new found speed just as well as you did before. And always remember that 2 degree mishit that is in the fairway may be in the rough when it is thirty yards longer. Enjoy your fitting and keep up with the swing speed training!  Distance rules in golf. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

You will probably need different shafts to help with timing  a faster swing. That is his job to help you with that. And the only brands he has are high markup/cost equipment? Sounds like a had previously been a car dealer 

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

Totally agree with Kenny B. The accuracy will return. It makes sense if you think about it. Which club face will be harder to square at impact?  Your old swing which was only going X miles per hour?  Or you new swing which is going X miles per hour + 10?  I am hoping you chose answer B, because that is the correct answer. With time, you will be able to square up that new found speed just as well as you did before. And always remember that 2 degree mishit that is in the fairway may be in the rough when it is thirty yards longer. Enjoy your fitting and keep up with the swing speed training!  Distance rules in golf. 
I'm going to add a third to these. After starting speed training I developed something I'd never seen from me before: a severe case of the hooks. Snap hooks, duck hooks, straight up hooks, hooky hooks, you name it. I missed the fairway more left than I ever thought I could.

I also developed a more negative AOA, having to go to a lower tee in order to keep the crown from developing craters.

Now that I'm back to training after some time off, I'm having to go back to taller tees because I'm now hitting up on the ball and was hitting worm burners.

At least this time the driver is going straighter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm about a third of the way through the level two protocols now, and I'm going to back it down to twice a week, on days that I'm not otherwise in the gym. Between lifting weights, some running, and the SuperSpeed protocols, I've just been completely wiped trying to get them all done on the same day. The weather is starting to get nicer here, and I'm hoping in about three weeks I'll be able to get back outside for my training. Training indoors sucks, especially on my garage floor which is pretty slick. Very hard to use the ground when you have limited grip.

Additionally, I've been working on some downswing/transition changes with my coach and have seen my speeds decrease a little as I'm somewhat focused on making sure I don't set myself back into bad habits just for the sake of hitting a number on the radar. I know the recommendation is to swing all out without a lot of technical thought, but my big problem is ripping my hips and shoulders open to start the downswing, and in my quest to break records with the sticks, I know I do that from time-to-time.

What I've found interesting is that in trying to maintain slightly more form to my downswing, the green club speeds have come down slightly, while the blue club has stayed mostly the same, and the red club has actually increased slightly. And, in doing dry swings with a spare driver I keep around for speed tests, I've actually seen that number go up, too. 

For some last bits of data, here's some comparison between my last three SuperSpeed sessions and data from my last four range sessions with my FlightScope Mevo. I think the Mevo slightly over-reports club head speed, so I've included ball speed and estimated carry as well. Thought this might be useful for anyone wanting to compare. For the record, these are range balls, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect when I get on the course, but the averages are based up fairly large sample sizes (40-plus shots with each club).

image.png.6531faadc445b46189db69f9e604f761.png

image.png.2decdd129c23c35dfbfe69c4f7512d4a.png

Please take these with a grain of salt because the Mevo isn't perfect, and the range balls where I practice tend to have great variability in flight, quality, etc.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 2/23/2020 at 8:45 AM, joen said:

I am completely onboard with your and Kenny B’s comments 👍. The dispersion I am now getting with the six iron would be acceptable if I wasn’t  hitting into a green, and is far better than what I was getting last year when I first tried them. I have every confidence that continued practice with both programs will continue to return positive results until I finally max out on my potential, but I still have more than a year to go with the SS and will wash, rinse and repeat on the PGZ training as long as I have to. I also see it as having remedial value should things start to go astray, as it were, during the season. Thanks for the support guys.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:12 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I'm going to add a third to these. After starting speed training I developed something I'd never seen from me before: a severe case of the hooks. Snap hooks, duck hooks, straight up hooks, hooky hooks, you name it. I missed the fairway more left than I ever thought I could.

I also developed a more negative AOA, having to go to a lower tee in order to keep the crown from developing craters.

Now that I'm back to training after some time off, I'm having to go back to taller tees because I'm now hitting up on the ball and was hitting worm burners.

At least this time the driver is going straighter.

I had hooking issues after I got hit by a car 2 years ago. My osteopath predicted this would happen. Then it started up again when the hip was replaced last year. I thought I had it beat when I started up with the SS last summer only to have it return with a vengeance along with a generally erratic dispersion pattern. I think I have a good program underway now with both the SS and PGZ training. Thanks for weighing in- it’s good to know we aren’t alone on this golf ⛳️ adventure.

I took the plunge on the SuperSpeed C club.

superspeed_c.jpg.6a76c2fd70c8a9ab0f7dae2354c115f4.jpg

Kudos to SuperSpeed for insanely fast shipping and delivery. Placed my order around noon yesterday and it arrived just about 1 p.m. today. It ships from Chicago so it did not need to travel too far to reach me, but still impressive nonetheless!

First impression is that $100 is a little steep for what the club is, especially since the original sticks are $200 for three clubs. It's what you would expect - a light weight on the end with a reasonably heavy counterweight grip. Compared to my homemade sticks, static weight feels slightly heavier than my green club, but head weight feels less. Some time I'll get around to measuring each.

I don't mind supporting SuperSpeed since they make their protocols easy to access for people like myself who went the DIY route.

I did the first protocol tonight and you definitely can create more club head speed with the counterweight. Compared to my last few regular workouts, the counterweighted club clocked in at 5-10 MPH faster than the green club for normal, right-handed swings. 

I am going to reach out to the SuperSpeed team on Twitter to see how the numbers should compare. 

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

23 minutes ago, edingc said:

Kudos to SuperSpeed for insanely fast shipping and delivery. Placed my order around noon yesterday and it arrived just about 1 p.m. today. It ships from Chicago so it did not need to travel too far to reach me, but still impressive nonetheless!

First impression is that $100 is a little steep for what the club is, especially since the original sticks are $200 for three clubs. It's what you would expect - a light weight on the end with a reasonably heavy counterweight grip. Compared to my homemade sticks, static weight feels slightly heavier than my green club, but head weight feels less. Some time I'll get around to measuring each.

I don't mind supporting SuperSpeed since they make they're protocols easy to access for people like myself who went the DIY route.

I did the first protocol tonight and you definitely can create more club head speed with the counterweight. Compared to my last few regular workouts, the counterweighted club clocked in at 5-10 MPH faster than the green club for normal, right-handed swings. 

I am going to reach out to the SuperSpeed team on Twitter to see how the numbers should compare. 

Curious to see your progress before I pull the trigger on this one. Thanks for sharing. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

1 hour ago, edingc said:

I don't mind supporting SuperSpeed since they make they're protocols easy to access for people like myself who went the DIY route.

Definitely keep us up to date on your progress.  I've been eyeing the SuperSpeed C but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.  Like you I thought $100 seemed a little steep for a one club/one day a week addition to the protocols.  Plus I'm saving my golf budget for a Skytrak whenever they have their next $300 off sale. 

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

12 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Definitely keep us up to date on your progress.  I've been eyeing the SuperSpeed C but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.  Like you I thougth $100 seemed a little steep for a one club/one day a week addition to the protocols.  Plus I'm saving my golf budget for a Skytrak whenever they have their next $300 off sale.

I saw the temps on your side of the lake and don't blame you for wanting a SkyTrak. I'm going to save some money and try for something like that by next offseason. I've spent a lot on range balls and gas this winter, all of which could easily be saved with the purchase of a sim.

My main reason for purchasing this was that I realized most of my speed was coming from spinning my shoulders out hard. I've been working with my coach to change that, and in doing so, my speed came down a bit. I feel like speeding up the arms might help that.

It's definitely a different/weird feeling compared to the normal sticks. Hard to describe.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Every time I read about the SuperSpeed C, I keep seeing in my mind...    

image.png.6268ee6534e7ea8b0608817846326db2.png

Why didn't they come up with another name!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Best driver ever! You can't convince me otherwise, you also need the SLDR fix!
@edingc great purchase! I can't wait to see how well the C works for you.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I swing my driver faster than any of the sticks. All are swings in a row without a ball, using the swing speed radar.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

As someone who just finished the level one protocol ( today ) I'm very interested in the results for the "C" stick.  I wonder if you could modify the green stick with a counter weight ?

I started with a max driver speed of 100mph on the radar and ended this morning at 107.  However,  that is never going to be the swing I take to the course.  It is still great to see how my max speed has increase but at the moment I'm realistically at 104 mph with a playing swing.   I'm confident that it will continue to increase during the level two and three protocol periods and hopefully by June I will achieve a  playing speed of 106-108.   

I'm still searching for training info.   Is there data for resting time between swings, sticks, and position sets ?    Fatigue  definitely sets in much quicker if all the swings and sets are done with little rest in between, and speed decreases.   if it was known to produce better results than taking breaks I would follow the recommendations.  I only seem to find suggestions of  " swing as fast as you can for every swing ".

On 2/23/2020 at 9:30 AM, Rchang said:

You will probably need different shafts to help with timing  a faster swing. That is his job to help you with that. And the only brands he has are high markup/cost equipment? Sounds like a had previously been a car dealer 

So to continue with the laugh of the day I did go for that fitting and it covered even more brands than I had expected. We (the fitter and I) tested Cobra, Ping, TM, Honma, Titleist, Callaway and Mizuno. Tossing out the outliers and getting down to the top 4 contenders we were left with the G710, Mavrik Max, SIM Max and the Mizuno JPX Hotmetals. In terms of total distance the SIM Max was the best and the G710 the worst by an average difference of 14 yards. It was also 3 yards longer than the Mizuno and 6 yards longer than the Mavrik. As has been observed in another context, it’s not how long you make it, it’s how you make it long, which brings me to the offline data. The G710 averaged -13, the Mavrik was-5, and the SIM was (gasp) -14. And the Mizuno? Drum roll please: +1 yard offline. For comparison my current Aeroburner was +8. So yes, the SIM was 3 yards longer than the Mizuno but with the SIM being -14 yards offline compared to the Mizuno’s +1, you know I plunged for the Mizzies. 

The other fitter only had Miura, PXG and KZG clubs. PXG are more expensive than I am prepared to go. As for Miura, I can only dream about hitting blades. That left the KZGs. We tested using the 6 iron and a variety of shafts. Now here’s the punch line: the best result with KZG 6 iron was 10 yards shorter than the Mizuno 7 iron. I can’t provide a valid offline comparison other than to note 66% of the shots were an average of about +7 with the KZG. The actual dispersion ranged between -11 to + 12 yards. Shorter and wider, and I’m not talking about my figure!

As someone who just finished the level one protocol ( today ) I'm very interested in the results for the "C" stick.  I wonder if you could modify the green stick with a counter weight ?
I started with a max driver speed of 100mph on the radar and ended this morning at 107.  However,  that is never going to be the swing I take to the course.  It is still great to see how my max speed has increase but at the moment I'm realistically at 104 mph with a playing swing.   I'm confident that it will continue to increase during the level two and three protocol periods and hopefully by June I will achieve a  playing speed of 106-108.   
I'm still searching for training info.   Is there data for resting time between swings, sticks, and position sets ?    Fatigue  definitely sets in much quicker if all the swings and sets are done with little rest in between, and speed decreases.   if it was known to produce better results than taking breaks I would follow the recommendations.  I only seem to find suggestions of  " swing as fast as you can for every swing ".
I usually rest between 30 seconds to a minute between each set of swings. I can't remember exactly what SuperSpeed recommended, but I think it might be back earlier in the review. Also, between swings I'll take time to waggle, and pick out a distant target that I pretend to be trying to reach. I feel this gives me motivation to swing as fast as possible.

I watched a video the other night from Mr. Short Game and he was doing way too many reps and swinging non stop and was completely gassed at the end. If you want to see what not to do, I recommend watching it.

Best of luck to you! I have no doubt you'll be hitting it further down the fairway before long.

There’s a story involving the SS and the law of unintended consequences that I want to share.

I have been fortunate that the gym facility I use has allowed me to use the SS in one of the workout rooms. It happens to be the space with the heavy bags, speed bags, battle ropes and some other gear for the martial arts types to train on. I show up with my skinny little butt and start with the SS stretches and not much happens. Then the magic stix come out and the sound alone garners a lot of attention and usually a couple of questions. Tim, a big guy in his forty’s is one of the trainers and usually works with the body builder crowd. He had spied the SS when I first brought them to the gym and asked me about them. So I told them what they were all about, the stretching routine and protocols and also mentioned that I used them as part of my cardio work out. That piqued his interest. I can get my heart rate up to 92-95% of my theoretical maximum but I do more reps to get there. Yeah I know, it’s more than the protocols call for and the risk is that if you do run out of gas your going to train your body to swing slower. 

Back to the story. Tim mentioned he was doing physical therapy with a golfer and told me he would buy a set to use with the client.

I bumped into him last week while carrying the SS and we had a chat. He described how his client had a number of mobility issues. The client couldn’t rotate far enough to be able to lift the club head passed waist height on the backs swing. Tim adapted the SS as a mobility tool. He started the client lying on his back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor, rotating the SS using the arms and shoulders in a slow motion golf swing above his chest. They worked through each level of SS, then progressed to using the SS while sitting, then kneeling and finally while standing. Tim said his client has achieved a full range of motion with his golf swing. He was so impressed with the dedication and progress made by his client he gave the client the SS as a reward. I was surprised by his generosity, and he quickly added that he had already ordered another set to add to the physio equipment arsenal. 

So I suppose this is another example of the law of unintended consequences. I take the SS to the gym as part of my own mobility rehab and another golfer gets a set as a gift to recognize his own hard work to rehab his swing. Tim is also an occasional golfer and more importantly a good man. Just to prove that no good deed goes unpunished he is going to be invited to play with the Black Hole Gang this summer. Tim’s a bomber. Should be fun.

Thought I would provide a quick update on my status.  After breaking my SwingSpeed radar I decided to try out SuperSpeed's newly sponsored radar the PRGR Black Pocket Launch Monitor.

The good:

• it's small
  • it's light
  • you don't have to have it as close to your swing for shots to register

The bad:

• Speeds were very inconsistent
  • My top training speeds were showing 20mph slower than the SwingSpeed radar
  • It's $200
  • The radar would randomly show ball speed and carry distance even though I wasn't hitting a ball

I checked in with the good folks at SuperSpeed and they said they haven't heard of anyone else having those issues.  I'm thinking it may be from training in my basement and not having a ton of room to use the device as it's intended (outdoor monitor placed behind you).  They offered to send a replacement out but I'm going to return it and find a SwingSpeed radar online.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:02 PM, Kenny B said:

Chunks a lot is probably not aware of the back story to this. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I started my level two protocol this week and it's been interesting to see the differences in speed between the various positions.   My normal swing setup is the fastest, and the kneeling and step change are almost the same.  If I had guessed before starting any of the training I probably would have thought the step change would be a faster speed. Hopefully this info will help me determine where I generate the most speed or which area needs more work in order to create it.    I'm trying to remind myself each session that level two might be a two month plateau period with no gains at all so as not to get discouraged.

I started my level two protocol this week and it's been interesting to see the differences in speed between the various positions.   My normal swing setup is the fastest, and the kneeling and step change are almost the same.  If I had guessed before starting any of the training I probably would have thought the step change would be a faster speed. Hopefully this info will help me determine where I generate the most speed or which area needs more work in order to create it.    I'm trying to remind myself each session that level two might be a two month plateau period with no gains at all so as not to get discouraged.

If I remember correctly we wrote our reviews right at the end of level 2. Some of us had a 2nd jump and some didn’t. My level 2 jump came the second to last workout. I had to rewrite parts of the review because of it. My second jump was bigger than my first but I lost all of that jump when i stopped the workouts - gradually. I’m back where I was during level 2 again pre jump.

The guys who didn’t see a jump at the end of level 2 did early on in level 3. So hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Three sessions with the new SuperSpeed-C club are done. Right now, it's still trending up to 10 MPH faster than my green club. I did not get an answer from SuperSpeed on Twitter as to how the club should compare to normal driver speed or speed with the other sticks:

image.thumb.png.a7c6b6771ea9053c67916a5524d6ba0d.png

I am doing an every-other approach to training, rotating between my normal sticks and the C club. Right now I'm done with 10 sessions of the second protocol with the normal sticks (of 24 sessions total) and, as I mentioned above, three sessions of the first protocol for the C club (of 18 sessions total).

On course progress remains to be evaluated. I played my first round of the year last weekend and had drives of 272, 285 and 292 yards, albeit on some very hard/frozen fairways. I'm taking those numbers with a grain of salt because between the fairways and the wind, I have no concrete idea of my distances with regular, non-range balls in decent conditions (for example, I hit a 7-iron 200+ and a 185-yard 8-iron during the round between the wind and hard ground). I won't be playing regularly for at least another six weeks.

I do loosely measure my "dry" driver swings with an old 44.5" Cobra AMP driver I have to play with. Last year, I would have been very happy to break 110 on the swing speed radar with my dry swings. After my SuperSpeed C workout tonight, I took three swings and recorded speeds of 118, 119, and 121. That's a big jump since last winter.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

I've had an interesting couple of weeks as far as an attempt to get my third week of being back on the SuperSpeed train, one of which involved an injury playing a board game. Plus the weather hasn't cooperated in a while.

Today was week 3, day 1, for the third time.

I will say, for two of the three weeks I was able to get out and at least do a maintenance session to keep things from dropping off, with the exception of the week I was hurt. I'd rather be safe than sorry with this training.

What happened was, we had gone to have dinner with friends and after the food we decided to play Yahtzee. Our friends have bar height chairs and I was sitting there when all of a sudden a muscle in my inner thigh decided it had enough. The cramping was horrible and I honestly yelped. I hate getting older in some respects. I mean, why couldn't it have been while doing something cool and not sitting around?

Today was a good day and I feel I'm getting the feeling for swinging faster back. I started out with a high speed of 106 during regular swings, 112 doing the step change, and ended with 117 doing the last 3.
20200309_183112-01.jpeg

Plus, I scared up two deer in the woods behind the house.

I've had an interesting couple of weeks as far as an attempt to get my third week of being back on the SuperSpeed train, one of which involved an injury playing a board game. Plus the weather hasn't cooperated in a while.

Today was week 3, day 1, for the third time.

I will say, for two of the three weeks I was able to get out and at least do a maintenance session to keep things from dropping off, with the exception of the week I was hurt. I'd rather be safe than sorry with this training.

What happened was, we had gone to have dinner with friends and after the food we decided to play Yahtzee. Our friends have bar height chairs and I was sitting there when all of a sudden a muscle in my inner thigh decided it had enough. The cramping was horrible and I honestly yelped. I hate getting older in some respects. I mean, why couldn't it have been while doing something cool and not sitting around?

Today was a good day and I feel I'm getting the feeling for swinging faster back. I started out with a high speed of 106 during regular swings, 112 doing the step change, and ended with 117 doing the last 3.
20200309_183112-01.jpeg.fd8a159e16d5ce413237a73eb8211a19.jpeg

Plus, I scared up two deer in the woods behind the house.

Yahtzee? I thought it would be twister for certain

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Yahtzee? I thought it would be twister for certain

Must have gotten too aggressive shakin those dice!!!! only needed one more number for a Yahtzee.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I read that it is recommended to do the training in the morning for neurological reasons but I'm simply not a morning person and my schedule is too tight before work.   Now I'm doing it after work and already I find it easier.  My energy and flexibility are both better and my swing speeds are slightly faster.  I'm also happy to see some increased distance already after only completing the level one protocol.   My skytrak has been almost spot on with data since I got it and I've noticed a 5-7 yard increase in most of my irons. unfortunately   It seems to have inconsistencies with a driver.  My ave carry is 250 yards and skytrak often displays something closer to  225 even though ball speed, launch and spin are accurate .  The courses here in MA are just opening and I can't wait to see some real world results.