hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

My 11 year old daughter's coach lent her a junior set of the SuperSpeeds.  In a week on the first protocol, she picked up about 6 MPH and a solid 10-12 yards with her driver.  Needless to say, I have a set on order for her.  It's also gotten her to stop being so mechanical and just swing the golf club.

We'll see how long it takes for me to get a set for myself. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was able to hit the course today after work and play. It was windy out and my irons decided to give me problems, but I do have a couple of shots I'm really proud of.

The first is the 11th hole at my course, I will admit I had the wind at my back and it was probably blowing at 15 mph. When I got to the ball and saw it was past the fairway bunker I was pumped! Screenshot_20190322-185901-01.jpeg
It's the longest drive I've had in a long time that didn't involve a cart path, 261 yards!

The second shot was on the par 5 18th, I hit a low drive into a left to right wind and possibly pulled it a bit, but it was still a great drive for me.
Screenshot_20190322-185953-01.jpeg

Now that I've seen what potential I have, I realize that I'm going to have to work on better contact on the face. Being a high handicapper, consistency is not my specialty. When I started SuperSpeed, a 230 yard drive was a great drive for me. Seeing that jump up 25-30 yards is really encouraging.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That’s awesome - and seeing stuff like this is a great incentive to keep going with the program.  

We got about an inch of snow overnight, but fortunately I’ll be heading over to the indoor golf simulator in an hour where the conditions are always great 😀

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:
My 11 year old daughter's coach lent her a junior set of the SuperSpeeds.  In a week on the first protocol, she picked up about 6 MPH and a solid 10-12 yards with her driver.  Needless to say, I have a set on order for her.  It's also gotten her to stop being so mechanical and just swing the golf club.

I hadn’t thought about that - could it be that this system helps a player find his or her own swing? I know I’m much more in tune with the ground than I used to be. 

Interesting

I'm adding this part as an edit rather than separately - @Kenny - If I don't feel as if I'm releasing my right side I frequently get stuck too far inside - it shows how we all need different swing thoughts or images to get through the ball in the proper sequence.  For me its left shoulder under chin and then replace that with the right shoulder ASAP. 

Glad you guys are getting out to play and seeing the results that I have. As Joen wrote, it’s a game changer. Now for finding the dough to get new equipment - that’s an issue... a nice issue but an issue never the less.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I see DJ is using these now... must be going for that 500 yard drive.

My favorite part of the review so far is that Hardcore Loopers daughter is less mechanical after using this product. That’s the best thing about golf I’ve heard all year. Keep up the good work.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I see DJ is using these now... must be going for that 500 yard drive.

My favorite part of the review so far is that Hardcore Loopers daughter is less mechanical after using this product. That’s the best thing about golf I’ve heard all year. Keep up the good work.

I figured you'd like that.  🙂

53 minutes ago, Shankster said:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I agree that the progress is fantastic.  However, I think it's a big commitment!!  We started 6 months ago, 3 times a week.  The full program goes for 10 more months.  After I started, there were times when I wondered if it was worth it, but the results and the support from this group helped.  If I were doing this program on my own, I'm not sure I could finish it.  Now it's a matter of pride.  I'm the old guy, and I've got to see it through.

From a commitment perspective,  I was referring to the time it takes to do a session.  Between the warmup and session I am in for about 20 minutes which isn't that much of a commitment on a per day basis.  You are correct that you have to buy into doing this long term.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

From a commitment perspective,  I was referring to the time it takes to do a session.  Between the warmup and session I am in for about 20 minutes which isn't that much of a commitment on a per day basis.  You are correct that you have to buy into doing this long term.  

I agree completely.  Those 20 minutes provide a good golf-specific stretching and swing workout.  I do find it amazing that people can't seem to find 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week to do something that would be beneficial to them, whether golf related or just life in general.   

• Like 1

I agree completely.  Those 20 minutes provide a good golf-specific stretching and swing workout.  I do find it amazing that people can't seem to find 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week to do something that would be beneficial to them, whether golf related or just life in general.   

In their defense this one requires that there be adequate somewhat climate controlled space. It’s not just the time, it’s the space.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revkev said:

In their defense this one requires that there be adequate somewhat climate controlled space. It’s not just the time, it’s the space.

Don't I know it!!  I wish I had the space.

Rev, I would think that if anyone said they didn't have the time, it would be you.  You are amazing for all you do for your church and your family, and you can still find time for those 20 minutes and 3 hours on the course now and then.   Well played!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Don't I know it!!  I wish I had the space.

Rev, I would think that if anyone said they didn't have the time, it would be you.  You are amazing for all you do for your church and your family, and you can still find time for those 20 minutes and 3 hours on the course now and then.   Well played!!

Hear hear!!

• Like 1

Was finally able to go outside to test my swing speed this afternoon. Started the program at 104mph, 23 weeks later I hit 117mph on the radar. If anyone is on the fence about SuperSpeed do yourself a favor and buy it. For the money there isn’t a better way to gain speed.

• Like 7

Hear hear!!

Happy birthday, Mike!

Thanks to both you and Kenny. The 20 to 30 minutes three times a week hit really hairy in December and April could be that way, too.

Every who knows me know that I’m abetter me when given a little Tim to play golf. This year has been rough because we’ve been short staffed but that’s about to change

• Like 2

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Happy birthday, Mike!

Thanks to both you and Kenny. The 20 to 30 minutes three times a week hit really hairy in December and April could be that way, too.

Every who knows me know that I’m abetter me when given a little Tim to play golf. This year has been rough because we’ve been short staffed but that’s about to change

Thanks RevKev!  It’s been a good birthday - my wife gave me a Swing Caddie, pretty psyched to get out in the back yard to try it out!

Speaking of a hairy April with Easter duties at church, have you heard of Walter Ciszek’s book “With God in Russia?”  He describes one Easter in the USSR that was pretty exhausting.  If you’ve seen the movie “Bridge of Spies” he wasn’t named, but was one of the Americans traded by the Soviets for their spy.  Anyway, it popped into my mind when you mentioned that April could be pretty busy for you...https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1063146.With_God_in_Russia

• Like 1

That looks like an awesome read - thanks!

23 hours ago, revkev said:

I hadn’t thought about that - could it be that this system helps a player find his or her own swing? I know I’m much more in tune with the ground than I used to be. 

Interesting

If nothing else, it encourages you to stop trying to hit positions and make an athlete move. They're another good tool in the hands of a good coach.  

• Like 2

If nothing else, it encourages you to stop trying to hit positions and make an athlete move. They're another good tool in the hands of a good coach.  

Yes - if you are a competitive sort you’re constantly trying to figure out what to do to swing faster. You also try to capture the feeling of the “special” drills which certainly help to create speed.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2019 at 11:37 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

This is one benefit I've really enjoyed. At some point, you really begin to swing the club and see speed gains instead of trying to have a bunch of swing thoughts/positions going through your head.

I finally got out on the course yesterday. Man, oh man, does this stuff work. First round tracking with GAME Golf and registered a 5 iron at 203 yards total, with four more between 185-200. Hit the five iron on several holes where I would have instantly thought driver in the past. (Usual disclaimer: The C300s are strong lofted.) In the end, the added distance allowed me to play iron-iron into a green instead of driver, iron. With the way I was hitting my irons yesterday, this was a great play.

On the flip side, the extra speed is not translating to driver distance. I'm sure this is not only mechanical, but also mental. On the mechanical side, I know I am still hitting down on the ball with the driver. That needs fixing. Mentally, I struggle to bring myself to full speed on drives for some reason. 

Oh well, long season ahead of me and I'll get it on track eventually!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edingc said:

This is one benefit I've really enjoyed. At some point, you really begin to swing the club and see speed gains instead of trying to have a bunch of swing thoughts/positions going through your head.

I finally got out on the course yesterday. Man, oh man, does this stuff work. First round tracking with GAME Golf and registered a 5 iron at 203 yards total, with four more between 185-200. Hit the five iron on several holes where I would have instantly thought driver in the past. (Usual disclaimer: The C300s are strong lofted.) In the end, the added distance allowed me to play iron-iron into a green instead of driver, iron. With the way I was hitting my irons yesterday, this was a great play.

On the flip side, the extra speed is not translating to driver distance. I'm sure this is not only mechanical, but also mental. On the mechanical side, I know I am still hitting down on the ball with the driver. That needs fixing. Mentally, I struggle to bring myself to full speed on drives for some reason. 

Oh well, long season ahead of me and I'll get it on track eventually!

Sounds like the system/training aid is no gimmick.  One question I have to all of the testers, and others using it, is whether you're experiencing any loss in accuracy (dispersion) with the increased distances - more than one would normally expect simply based on the math?

• Like 3

Sounds like the system/training aid is no gimmick.  One question I have to all of the testers, and others using it, is whether you're experiencing any loss in accuracy (dispersion) with the increased distances - more than one would normally expect simply based on the math?

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to test this aspect yet. I started the training in late September and then hit six months of Wisconsin winter.

The weather is getting better though so I should have a better update in April.
  • Like 1

I’ve been able to play throughout the training. I’ve had a couple of times when my swing has felt odd leading to ball striking uncertainties but that has past in a week or two.

My biggest “accuracy” issue has been that I’ve needed to change my lines on doglegs and run outs.

• Like 3