hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Sounds like the system/training aid is no gimmick.  One question I have to all of the testers, and others using it, is whether you're experiencing any loss in accuracy (dispersion) with the increased distances - more than one would normally expect simply based on the math?

I am on week 4 of the training. I have mentioned before but I think I am seeing better contact and accuracy on shots. That’s not to say I can have a bad day swinging the club (as I did last week testing 5 irons.).

I think the bad shots come in when you start trying to swing faster when playing. It is fine to try to swing faster during the training. When playing the faster speeds become ingrained and you don’t try to swing faster, It just happens.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Sounds like the system/training aid is no gimmick.  One question I have to all of the testers, and others using it, is whether you're experiencing any loss in accuracy (dispersion) with the increased distances - more than one would normally expect simply based on the math?

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I’ve been able to play throughout the training. I’ve had a couple of times when my swing has felt odd leading to ball striking uncertainties but that has past in a week or two.

My biggest “accuracy” issue has been that I’ve needed to change my lines on doglegs and run outs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've hit some bad and wild balls, but most every time when it has happened I've reflected on it and thought to myself I'm certain that bad shot would have existed with the rust and without the training, and thus I felt they are always lying there and waiting........except I felt like instead of being terrible and short it's now still the same amount of "terrible" but closer to target with shorter distance and more options?

All in all, I think bad shots are bad shots but having the extra power on tap is far superior to not having it wishing you did. I think of it like, if you can dunk a basketball.....you have the choice to dunk it or lay it up, but obviously you don't HAVE to dunk it........but if you don't have a dunk as option in your tool belt, well you get half the options (or insert other metaphor here). Helps add choices from tee or approaches all around I think.

I'm just now starting to get limited play time, Friday was upper 60's, I gps logged distances for as many shots as I could this day, 9 drivers for the day go me an average driving Distance of 284yds this day, and also average 3 wood of 270yds. Just a single day and windy but pleased overall

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

It's a great question to ask. This past winter has been a complete rebuild of my game, taking it seriously for the first time, so I've been able to build the training into the development of a new swing.

As I'm tracking with GAME Golf, I'll be able to give some stats about fairways, etc. as the season wears on. I can tell you that yesterday I didn't hit many fairways, but I was not far from them on the holes that I missed them, either.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, cnosil said:

When playing the faster speeds become ingrained and you don’t try to swing faster, It just happens.

Couldn't agree more (hence the bold!). I hit foam balls in my back yard on Saturday and was amazed at what my Swing Caddie was recording on what felt like effortless swings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I am on week 4 of the training. I have mentioned before but I think I am seeing better contact and accuracy on shots. That’s not to say I can have a bad day swinging the club (as I did last week testing 5 irons.).

I think the bad shots come in when you start trying to swing faster when playing. It is fine to try to swing faster during the training. When playing the faster speeds become ingrained and you don’t try to swing faster, It just happens.

Most of us have come to the conclusion that the swing easy hit far (and often straighter) axiom holds true.  If this system merely extends the swing path through muscle memory, and increased swing speed is the bonus, then what you're saying makes sense.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Most of us have come to the conclusion that the swing easy hit far (and often straighter) axiom holds true.  If this system merely extends the swing path through muscle memory, and increased swing speed is the bonus, then what you're saying makes sense.

Since this has re-emerged and since I'm guessing that SuperSpeed is no longer monitoring this thread I'm going to jump in and say that according to their research this is yet another tried and true saying that has been disproven - they would argue that you if you try to swing as fast as you are able to you will the ball farther and more accurately and that they have the data to prove it.

• Like 3

Not saying swing easy, still saying swing fast. My fast still won’t be swinging out of my shoes even after the training, it is just a normal swing.
  • Like 2

I'm new to this product review thread, but based on many of the experiences shared here I recently purchased the SuperSpeed system, and plan to start the protocols this week (really looking forward to it).  I  appreciate all the data and details people have shared, and I will share my experiences as well. 

Instead of purchasing the Swing Radar unit sold by SuperSpeed, I bought a Voice Caddie SC100 (much cheaper than the newer SC200 and 300), since it has more capability than the SuperSpeed swing radar.

One question I have before I get started is the following:  Does anyone know if the Voice Caddie SC100 will provide the swing speed when swinging the SuperSpeed "clubs" (i.e., when not hitting a ball)?  I see that some people on this thread have mentioned using one of the Voice Caddies, but it's not clear if they used it to measure the speed of the SuperSpeed "clubs" or not, or just when hitting balls.

Thanks in advance for your help! 
  • Like 2

I struggled a little with inconsistency starting out, but now that I've been doing this training for a while the accuracy is better. My fairways hit percentage is hovering right at fifty percent, which historically for me is good. I still have moments where I completely muff one, but that's on me. I'm hitting more greens on par fives than I ever have in my life due to the extra distance I'm seeing with driver and three wood. Par fours still get me because I'm not deadly accurate with my irons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just got back from a trip to Florida. There was no drop off in accuracy from irons to driver with the increased speed. You swing faster without realizing you are swinging faster on the course. The extra speed is just in the tank now. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Thksnow said:
I'm new to this product review thread, but based on many of the experiences shared here I recently purchased the SuperSpeed system, and plan to start the protocols this week (really looking forward to it).  I  appreciate all the data and details people have shared, and I will share my experiences as well. 

Instead of purchasing the Swing Radar unit sold by SuperSpeed, I bought a Voice Caddie SC100 (much cheaper than the newer SC200 and 300), since it has more capability than the SuperSpeed swing radar.

One question I have before I get started is the following:  Does anyone know if the Voice Caddie SC100 will provide the swing speed when swinging the SuperSpeed "clubs" (i.e., when not hitting a ball)?  I see that some people on this thread have mentioned using one of the Voice Caddies, but it's not clear if they used it to measure the speed of the SuperSpeed "clubs" or not, or just when hitting balls.

Although I have an SC200, I have not used it with the SuperSpeed clubs since I have their radar unit.  However, I would think your speed will not register with the SC100 without hitting a ball.  The directions clearly state that practice swings are not recorded or displayed.  I would get a radar unit.

Several of us have the SC200, and we have made comparisons between our driver swing speed with the radar unit and the SC200 when hitting balls.

• Like 1

I’ve owned this trainer three times and I finally committed to completing the training the third time I bought it. I’m on week 12 of the level 1 protocol and have seen speed increases with the green trainer and driver (I use the blue radar), but it’s hard to say how much that increase has translated to the course just yet. I think I’ll have a better take on it once I finish the level two protocol so we’ll see!

• Like 1

Just an FYI for people reading this thread that don't have the SuperSpeed Golf training clubs...  on the PGA Tour radio today, I heard an ad for these clubs.  Get 10% off using the code Breed on their website.

If you buy the SuperSpeed training clubs AND stick with the program, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Thksnow said:

As Kenny wrote you will not be able to pick up your SS on the Voice Caddie without hitting balls so it is of little benefit for speed training use - it's a fun tool though - enjoy it!

I recently broke my radar and was able to find the same unit on Amazon for $74 dollars - You might look around to see if you can find one on ebay or Amazon - some place without the SuperSpeed mark-up.  It's an important part of the process.  Without the radar you are unlikely to push yourself as much as you should.  Also to prepare for what's coming, you will need some sort of significant padding for those kneeling swings - I tried a couple of towels at first - didn't come close to working for that purpose.  I think some of the guys here fashioned there own for around $20. 

Good luck, please let us know about your progress.

• Like 4

With the newbies on board here - welcome every one of you - I decided to take Voice Caddie, go out to the course, warm up, and hit some for real drives.

This is just how I established my average driver speed at first using both the radar supplied by SuperSpeed golf and my Voice Caddie because I know it’s extremely accurate. Another words it will be within 1 mph of trackman nearly every time.

Had a good warm up and off I went (did a workout earlier today BTW). Found a nice spot - number 7, par 4, flat landing area. Hit 10 drives, only two under 240 with a long of 248 according to Voice Caddy - actual yardages were about 15 yards longer on GPS when i picked up the balls because its dry and was down wind.

My average VC driver swing speed was 88 when this started, carry distance 203, 216 total. 94.6, 224, 243 - that is right where I was at when I was a 1 between the ages of 50-55, before the heart issues and pneumonia.

21 yards of carry, 27 total yards, 6 mph SS which also means that my smash factor is improving. Oh and only one drive missed the fairway.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, revkev said:

With the newbies on board here - welcome every one of you - I decided to take Voice Caddie, go out to the course, warm up, and hit some for real drives.

This is just how I established my average driver speed at first using both the radar supplied by SuperSpeed golf and my Voice Caddie because I know it’s extremely accurate. Another words it will be within 1 mph of trackman nearly every time.

Had a good warm up and off I went (did a workout earlier today BTW). Found a nice spot - number 7, par 4, flat landing area. Hit 10 drives, only two under 240 with a long of 248 according to Voice Caddy - actual yardages were about 15 yards longer on GPS when i picked up the balls because its dry and was down wind.

My average VC driver swing speed was 88 when this started, carry distance 203, 216 total. 94.6, 224, 243 - that is right where I was at when I was a 1 between the ages of 50-55, before the heart issues and pneumonia.

21 yards of carry, 27 total yards, 6 mph SS which also means that my smash factor is improving. Oh and only one drive missed the fairway.

That's good stuff Revkev. I really need to do a "speed test" session this week I hope, I have not done one on February 24th..........and I'm real curious for two reason: 1) my training numbers of late have certainly stalled, if not dipped a bit 2) the ability to finally swing in warmer temps to test speed.

Looking forward to updating my numbers but yet also "scared" given what I've been watching as my trend training numbers and how high (and excited) my last session was 😞

• Like 2

I just had the worst training session I've had in weeks. I could barely hit 110 with my lightest club and quite a few of my left handed swings were the fastest I had.

I do have an excuse, right before starting the UPS truck arrived at the house bearing a wonderful gift. The MyGolfSpy Most Wanted Driver of 2019!

I think I might have been distracted....

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Trial&Error said:

That's good stuff Revkev. I really need to do a "speed test" session this week I hope, I have not done one on February 24th..........and I'm real curious for two reason: 1) my training numbers of late have certainly stalled, if not dipped a bit 2) the ability to finally swing in warmer temps to test speed.

Looking forward to updating my numbers but yet also "scared" given what I've been watching as my trend training numbers and how high (and excited) my last session was 😞

We all have experienced that dip for certain.  Don't let it discourage you - it's like your body is getting reorganized during that time.  You will also have times when you are faster with the blue (middle) club than the green or lefty than righty.  It all comes out in the wash though.  Stick with it even if your for real driver speed isn't quite there when you test.  It will be at some point once you get off the plateau. 

@sirchunks, enjoy that driver!

• Like 5

@Trial&Error I think you'll be surprised once you can do a speed test at the end of your session. Even if you don't see a jump the week after, don't get discouraged, it might take a week or two before it inevitably sets in. I think we've all experienced that phenomenon.

Keep up the good work! The juice is definitely worth the squeeze when it comes to SuperSpeed.

• Like 3

I haven’t measured my driver speed since week one and I am trying to hold off until I get through protocol 1. I am interested in the speed after doing most wanted testing today. I was hitting 5 irons and after my session I hung around and practiced a little bit. Speed was in the 93/94 range so I figured I would see what I could do. Topped out at 99.8, couldn’t break the 100 barrier. I think it helped me figure out how to get more speed. Need to do a superspeed session to see if what I learned translates to more speed with the set.

• Like 5