Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Every time I try to get started on a Superspeed program, I get frustrated that the radar reads so low. Sometimes if I swing all out, it reads at like 70 mph. I have it on the golf setting and MPH. I believe that the device i receive is faulty, because its reading 30 mph lower than my actual swing speed. Tried to reach out to the company a long time back (way before any of the covid stuff was happening) and couldn't get a response. I think the radar is reading ok in terms of relative to itself. Should i just ignore that the radar reads so low and start the program?

I don’t think any of these Swing Speed radars are all that accurate compared to a Trackman. They do seem to be consistent with whatever speed they read however. I would just use 70 as your baseline and try to improve from there. Have you checked the batteries?

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

26 minutes ago, joen said:

I don’t think any of these Swing Speed radars are all that accurate compared to a Trackman. They do seem to be consistent with whatever speed they read however. I would just use 70 as your baseline and try to improve from there. Have you checked the batteries?

I changed the batteries and it remains the same.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Every time I try to get started on a Superspeed program, I get frustrated that the radar reads so low. Sometimes if I swing all out, it reads at like 70 mph. I have it on the golf setting and MPH. I believe that the device i receive is faulty, because its reading 30 mph lower than my actual swing speed. Tried to reach out to the company a long time back (way before any of the covid stuff was happening) and couldn't get a response. I think the radar is reading ok in terms of relative to itself. Should i just ignore that the radar reads so low and start the program?

It’s always relative - you are looking for relative gains. Throughout the testing I had two devices - they were always 3-5 mph apart in what they read but they also always trended up.

The ultimate test isn’t even your swing speed on the course - it’s how far, how consistently and how accurately you’re hitting it, on the course. That’s the goal, to improve there.

Most of us have experienced variances in speed from measuring device to measuring device.

So go for it and don’t worry about the numbers, just the increases

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1718.JPG

Green stick, RH, step change - I’m definitely going through a jump and I’m starting to see it on the course. :)

My top speed the first time around was 122 - I’m moving towards that much quicker this time. Of note I’ve moved into level 2 but am only doing twice a week and have not increased the reps from 3 to 4. I’m also resting longer between swings.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1718.thumb.JPG.8d80ccd1e60f62d8434d3829f7bf2f5f.JPG

Green stick, RH, step change - I’m definitely going through a jump and I’m starting to see it on the course. :)

My top speed the first time around was 122 - I’m moving towards that much quicker this time. Of note I’ve moved into level 2 but am only doing twice a week and have not increased the reps from 3 to 4. I’m also resting longer between swings.

Nice progress Rev!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Sun finally poked through in Bellingham after a long week of clouds and cold rain.

Not mad with the first dry swings with the new driver!

IMG_9009.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Set another record with the SuperSpeed C club today.  Now if only I could find a golf course or driving range that was actually open.  A private course in north-west Wisconsin recently said they would allow members to play so it will be interesting to see if the governor shuts them down or opens things up for other places around the state.

IMG_1630.JPG.5486701eef7e50518d6ddbab52cdeb11.JPG

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Set another record with the SuperSpeed C club today.  Now if only I could find a golf course or driving range that was actually open.  A private course in north-west Wisconsin recently said they would allow members to play so it will be interesting to see if the governor shuts them down or opens things up for other places around the state.
IMG_1630.JPG.5486701eef7e50518d6ddbab52cdeb11.JPG
Dang man a 6 mph jump. It really must be making a difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dang man a 6 mph jump. It really must be making a difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

When you swing 16 gazillion mph 6 mph is nothing. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 4/4/2020 at 7:53 AM, revkev said:

It’s always relative - you are looking for relative gains. Throughout the testing I had two devices - they were always 3-5 mph apart in what they read but they also always trended up.

The ultimate test isn’t even your swing speed on the course - it’s how far, how consistently and how accurately you’re hitting it, on the course. That’s the goal, to improve there.

Most of us have experienced variances in speed from measuring device to measuring device.

So go for it and don’t worry about the numbers, just the increases

Something about my radar measuring at 70 mph max just continues to frustrate me even though I know I am swinging much faster than that. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Something about my radar measuring at 70 mph max just continues to frustrate me even though I know I am swinging much faster than that. 

That is weird - will it register other speeds?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

That is weird - will it register other speeds?

Yeah, got it up to 80 mph today by playing around with the positioning. But that was about as high as i could get it to go. Got frustrated and ordered the new speed radar that superspeed golf is selling. They were nice enough to give me a discount even though i didnt purchase the swingspeed radar from them. They thing its faulty.

Updated 07/15/2022

I think that goes to show how good the SuperSpeed customer service is, and I'm glad to hear they gave you a discount on the PRGR. I'd like to hear some feedback on it after you've given it a go.

I just started week 6 after starting back quite a while ago. Some weeks I've only gotten one session in due to the rain we were getting, I count those as maintenance weeks. I'm curious to see what effect they'll have on gains and if it'll be better or worse than when I originally started training.

Hopefully you'll start seeing numbers that encourage you. This training is legit, but can be frustrating at times.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Is anyone doing the blue stick only protocol on here? I tried searching the thread but I don't think i used the right search terms.

Updated 07/15/2022

[mention]dlow206 [/mention] I haven’t heard of that one. What are you supposed to do with just the blue?

It would seem to go against their methodology to leave out the other sticks, but maybe if it was something you rotated in once a week or something like their ground force or lag drills.

44 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Is anyone doing the blue stick only protocol on here? I tried searching the thread but I don't think i used the right search terms.

is this what you were referring to?

https://par4success.com/articles/are-you-using-overspeed-correctly

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Yes, based on that study, using the blue stick only

Updated 07/15/2022

I tried it twice - was very unimpressed.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I used it for a couple of weeks.  I thought that if it showed promising results, I would post here.  Like @revkev I wasn't impressed.  I think SuperSpeed Golf has it right.  Someone was just trying to shortcut the protocol.  I suppose it could work for certain individuals, but I'm not a candidate.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I tried it twice - was very unimpressed.

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I used it for a couple of weeks.  I thought that if it showed promising results, I would post here.  Like @revkev I wasn't impressed.  I think SuperSpeed Golf has it right.  Someone was just trying to shortcut the protocol.  I suppose it could work for certain individuals, but I'm not a candidate.

I am just starting up the program, and am going to try blue only and see how it goes. The blue stick only is the rage on GolfWRX right now, seems like some folks are seeing success.

Updated 07/15/2022

8 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I am just starting up the program, and am going to try blue only and see how it goes. The blue stick only is the rage on GolfWRX right now, seems like some folks are seeing success.

This part to me is fascinating.  I too have been following comments on GolfWRX regarding the blue stick only protocol. Some people swear by it. Really seems as though it jump started their progress that they weren’t seeing with the standard three stick protocol. Makes me wonder if neurologically some people respond better to less training....or were they overtraining with the three stick protocol?  I have no idea what the answer is....but it intrigues me. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Lots of thoughts here so I will try to organize them.

First, the number of full bore swings in the regular Super Speed program seems excessive to me particularly as we moved up levels and added swings. It was very tough on my then 62 year old body and I’m in relatively good shape for my age.

On a couple of occasions SuperSpeed golf acknowledged that their research showed that two workouts a week would be sufficient for obtaining maximum gains.

As I restarted the protocols this year I wanted to give the blue club only thing a try. I found that I was unable to get my speeds up anywhere near where I could when the blue followed the green and more importantly there was no impact to dry swings with the driver.

So I decided to do two regular workouts a week and not up the number of swings as my levels increased.

I’ve also increased the amount of rest time between swings.

I’ve been doing that since mid January and am seeing very good results on the radar and more recently on the golf course. My distances are getting back close to my top ones of last year and my ball striking has become solid as it was last year.

I’m sure that if you were doing nothing and moved to a blue stick only approach it will show an increase. Perhaps the blue stick only increases occur at a more steady rate than the three stick one with its jumps and plateaus thereby giving the illusion that it is working better at first. Perhaps there are some who benefit more from that way than the 3 club way. Perhaps not.

My guess is that the guys on WRX jumped ship too soon. I don’t blame them,those work outs are relentless and it can be hard to stick with them while not seeing results.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Started on week 7 today which is the first week kneeling swings are introduced. I was actually dreading them, but they were not too bad. I was in the 90 mph range for all of them.

I haven't been able to get a driver speed reading yet, but with the range being closed down in not to worried about it. I tried hitting foam balls off a mat, that was a disaster. It just messes with me mentally.

SuperSpeed has been great during the current lockdown, it's nice to get out and do something that I know will benefit my game once I can get back out and play.

Started on week 7 today which is the first week kneeling swings are introduced. I was actually dreading them, but they were not too bad. I was in the 90 mph range for all of them.

I haven't been able to get a driver speed reading yet, but with the range being closed down in not to worried about it. I tried hitting foam balls off a mat, that was a disaster. It just messes with me mentally.

SuperSpeed has been great during the current lockdown, it's nice to get out and do something that I know will benefit my game once I can get back out and play.

I didn’t think that the kneeling ones were bad either. That ground in my yard is soft enough that it’s almost like I have a kneeling pad. Haha

Today was a little weird... took some swing after loosening up I took some swings with my new M5.

I hit a personal record with a driver on the swing speed radar of 115! And I had a lot in the 110-112 range.

IMG_9212.thumb.jpg.2c3ba80f6122fb1c789630e7e95dfe4e.jpg

During my workout I barely managed to get the green stick above that number... only 117 for my highest.

Just figured I’d share because you don’t always see the progress in each session and from swing to swing, but last year when I jumped on the bandwagon my top speed was around 100mph and I ended last year around 108.

Superspeed and the radar has shown me what works and doesn’t to swing *fast* for me. I’m looking forward to continuing on as the weather cooperates a little more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Superspeed and the radar has shown me what works and doesn’t to swing *fast* for me. I’m looking forward to continuing on as the weather cooperates a little more.

I think this is one of the greatest benefits of SuperSpeed training. We all know that with the progression of sticks, you can and will swing them faster. But what I love is being able to figure out the moves in my swing that move the clubhead faster and be able to replicate them in a scenario where there are no negative repercussions. 

Congrats on the speed gains! 

I now have both the Swingspeed radar and the PRGR. I had thought the Swingspeed radar was reading low, but that seems not to be the case. The PRGR is very finicky to get a reading. Without pretty precise placement, you get no reading at all. Probably will just use the Swingspeed radar and use the PRGR as a basic launch monitor.

Not really sure what I am doing wrong with swinging the superspeed sticks, but definitely the radar reading is much lower than my Trackman/GCQuad swing speed. Sometimes my superspeed stick swings are measuring at the same speed as my average PW Trackman swingspeed 😞

Updated 07/15/2022

What’s been remarkable to me this time around is how similar my fastest swings are to my actual swing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

21 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I now have both the Swingspeed radar and the PRGR. I had thought the Swingspeed radar was reading low, but that seems not to be the case. The PRGR is very finicky to get a reading. Without pretty precise placement, you get no reading at all. Probably will just use the Swingspeed radar and use the PRGR as a basic launch monitor.

Not really sure what I am doing wrong with swinging the superspeed sticks, but definitely the radar reading is much lower than my Trackman/GCQuad swing speed. Sometimes my superspeed stick swings are measuring at the same speed as my average PW Trackman swingspeed 😞

Is it possible that you are working through a plateau?