Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

What’s been remarkable to me this time around is how similar my fastest swings are to my actual swing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah my green swings are all in the same ball park and my actual driver swings on the radar right now.

I’ll have to really focus when I do my next session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

15 minutes ago, Pug said:

Is it possible that you are working through a plateau?

Not really sure what my issue is. Sometimes I will make what I think are fast swings with the superspeed sticks and the radars will read at like 75 mph. 

I am not an overinflator about my swing speeds, my last Trackman Pitching Wedge average swing speed was about 75 mph. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 4/14/2020 at 7:35 PM, B.Boston said:

Today was a little weird... took some swing after loosening up I took some swings with my new M5.

I hit a personal record with a driver on the swing speed radar of 115! And I had a lot in the 110-112 range.

IMG_9212.thumb.jpg.2c3ba80f6122fb1c789630e7e95dfe4e.jpg

During my workout I barely managed to get the green stick above that number... only 117 for my highest.

Just figured I’d share because you don’t always see the progress in each session and from swing to swing, but last year when I jumped on the bandwagon my top speed was around 100mph and I ended last year around 108.

Superspeed and the radar has shown me what works and doesn’t to swing *fast* for me. I’m looking forward to continuing on as the weather cooperates a little more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are "dry" swings without hitting a ball correct? Nice work!

Yes, there is a point of limited returns in regards to the actual numbers obtained with the sticks. I am nearly through protocol two (subbing feet together for kneeling) and there are days where things just align and I'm "fast" and days where I'm "slow." I'm sure radar position is some of it, but it's not uncommon for me to suddenly have a day where I hit 140 with the green stick, 130 with blue and 120 with red, but then have a day where I can't get the green above 130.

The SuperSpeed-C club has been interesting. I'm not seeing quite the speed that @Bucky CC is getting, but I did hit 145 last week. I don't know if this means much, but for a few weeks after starting the C protocols, my speeds really jumped (3-5 MPH) with the regular sticks and dry driver swings. They have settled down some lately, though I've been lazy with my stretching and also have been lifting much heavier since having a home gym with full squat rack is very handy in a stay-at-home situation.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

These are "dry" swings without hitting a ball correct? Nice work!

Yes, there is a point of limited returns in regards to the actual numbers obtained with the sticks. I am nearly through protocol two (subbing feet together for kneeling) and there are days where things just align and I'm "fast" and days where I'm "slow." I'm sure radar position is some of it, but it's not uncommon for my to suddenly have a day where I hit 140 with the green stick, 130 with blue and 120 with red, but then have a day where I can't get the green above 130.

The SuperSpeed-C club has been interesting. I'm not seeing quite the speed that @Bucky CC is getting, but I did hit 145 last week. I don't know if this means much, but for a few weeks after starting the C protocols, my speeds really jumped (3-5 MPH) with the regular sticks and dry driver swings. They have settled down some lately, though I've been lazy with my stretching and also have been lifting much heavier since having a home gym with full squat rack is very handy in a stay-at-home situation.

Yeah, all dry swings.  But I try to focus on a "real swing" as much as I can.  Even going as far picking a blade of grass that is my tee and putting a swing that I think would result in a good hit.

I certainly have fast and slow days that can vary by as much as 10 MPH... But i've been really happy seeing a lot of dry driver swings in the 110 range this spring.  Some days I feel tight and other days I feel fast too, maybe I should get into a bit of a Yoga routine and loosen up while working from home.  

The SuperSpeed-C club is interesting to me.  I would describe my swing as having "dead hands" so I wonder if something like this would build up a little extra speed without making me flippy.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 4/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, revkev said:

As I restarted the protocols this year I wanted to give the blue club only thing a try. I found that I was unable to get my speeds up anywhere near where I could when the blue followed the green and more importantly there was no impact to dry swings with the driver.

So I decided to do two regular workouts a week and not up the number of swings as my levels increased.

Rev, did you do all 3 clubs or just the 2 lighter clubs?

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

Rev, did you do all 3 clubs or just the 2 lighter clubs?

All three - I think SuperSpeed’s theory is right. I believe it needs to be adjusted based upon age and physical conditioning. So I whole heartedly endorse the two lighter than and one heavier approach. I’ve just reduced the number of swings and rest periods between them.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 4/16/2020 at 11:26 AM, edingc said:

If it makes you feel better I haven't matched the 156 swing since posting it two weeks ago.  I am seeing pretty steady progress with the final swing of the SS-C protocol though.  My 6 weeks have finished at 135-144-145-145-145-150.

It definitely feels like the C club will lead to smaller incremental gains and not the huge jumps like most of us saw doing the regular protocols.  I haven't been able to test my actual driver speeds in quite a while but the golf courses here in Wisconsin are being allowed to open on April 24th (with a lot of social distancing guidelines put in place).  Hopefully I'll be able to play again soon.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Started level two today. Did I ever mention how much I hate the kneeling swings? I did do better than I remembered though - hit 98 with the green - I only did 2 each

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Started level two today. Did I ever mention how much I hate the kneeling swings? I did do better than I remembered though - hit 98 with the green - I only did 2 each

I'm with you on that, I always hated the kneeling swings. I am finding them to be easier now that I'm back on level 2 with swing speeds similar to yours. I saw some between 95-97 for all my sticks. 

1 hour ago, Phazoni said:

Is anyone using these sticks with a Swing Caddy 200? I'm finding that the speeds register much slower with it than when I use my driver.

I didn't think the SC200 picked up days without a ball. Don't quote me on that, but I thought it only registered when you actually hit something and not just swing. 

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I didn't think the SC200 picked up days without a ball. Don't quote me on that, but I thought it only registered when you actually hit something and not just swing. 

Ah. That explains a lot then.

The Superspeed protocol has taught me a lot about swinging and such. What I think is amazing to think about is how there really are days where you just cannot swing as fast because of tightness or soreness or tiredness. Yet the pros go out there and compete 4 days in a row, just increases my level of appreciation for what they do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's correct - it even says it in their literature.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I did something today that I was never able to do during the whole time I have been training.20200419_180130.jpeg
Third swing green stick. To anyone new following this thread, I was originally fitted into the senior set due to an initial swing speed of 89 mph and having a driver that weighed 279 grams. So the green stick is actually my middle stick, with the blue being my heavy.

I'm really excited and feeling the motivation now and want to just encourage whomever gets selected for the 2020 review, you're in for a treat and this training works. I can't wait till the local driving range opens back up and see where I'm at.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I did something today that I was never able to do during the whole time I have been training.20200419_180130.jpeg.9727739c0ec6035bf234ab4e13c1db1b.jpeg
Third swing green stick. To anyone new following this thread, I was originally fitted into the senior set due to an initial swing speed of 89 mph and having a driver that weighed 279 grams. So the green stick is actually my middle stick, with the blue being my heavy.

I'm really excited and feeling the motivation now and want to just encourage whomever gets selected for the 2020 review, you're in for a treat and this training works. I can't wait till the local driving range opens back up and see where I'm at.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Double like! Keep it up man!

Is anyone using these sticks with a Swing Caddy 200? I'm finding that the speeds register much slower with it than when I use my driver.

Swing Caddie does not accurately record dry swings. I always found it about 3 mph slower than the radar that Super Speed provided when hitting real balls.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I had a random thought about whether height has any impact on swing speed or not. I know on the PGA Tour, there are players considered to be shorter that swing as fast or faster than the taller guys. But I believe that most of those "shorter" players are at least 5'9" or 5'10".

Anyone on the shorter end of the spectrum on here been able to get there swing speed into the high range (above 110mph). For reference, I am 5'5" on a good day with shoes.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

30 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I had a random thought about whether height has any impact on swing speed or not. I know on the PGA Tour, there are players considered to be shorter that swing as fast or faster than the taller guys. But I believe that most of those "shorter" players are at least 5'9" or 5'10".

Anyone on the shorter end of the spectrum on here been able to get there swing speed into the high range (above 110mph). For reference, I am 5'5" on a good day with shoes.

I'm alllllllll of 5'4 and a half.  My max driver swing on the radar has been 115 and max with the green stick has been 126.  I believe rory is only 5'8, and rickie says he "listed" at 5'9 "in spikes."

I also have been using 44.5 and 45 inch drivers, so shorter than retail standard today.

8 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I'm alllllllll of 5'4 and a half.  My max driver swing on the radar has been 115 and max with the green stick has been 126.  I believe rory is only 5'8, and rickie says he "listed" at 5'9 "in spikes."

I also have been using 44.5 and 45 inch drivers, so shorter than retail standard today.

Where were you at when you first started the Superspeed program?

Updated 07/15/2022

100 was my highest on the radar before starting. And I was at 108 after the first six weeks.

So Far this year I’m getting 110-112 frequently as I get back into training and swinging.

I've just started my 3rd week on the blue only protocol. I have definitely seen improvement. Here is the change:

• Starting speed (blue): 72 mph - I still haven't figured out why my speed is so slow with the sticks compared to actual validated driver swing speed on Trackman (30 mph less)
  • Current top speed (blue): 100 mph - I definitely feel like I am swinging a lot faster. I must have been doing something really wrong with how I was swinging the sticks previously.

Updated 07/15/2022

100 was my highest on the radar before starting. And I was at 108 after the first six weeks.

So Far this year I’m getting 110-112 frequently as I get back into training and swinging.

That's quite an improvement. I was led to believe that the average was 5%. You've doubled that already. Nice!

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That's quite an improvement. I was led to believe that the average was 5%. You've doubled that already. Nice!

I think I’ve gotten some from just learning how I can swing faster from a technical standpoint on top of the training.

For example I really wasn’t able to use the training much over the winter, but got some improvements from swinging in the simulator at work and seeing what resulted in higher speeds there as well.

I’ll be ecstatic if I can myself to be consistently in the 113-115 range with my driver.

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

I think I’ve gotten some from just learning how I can swing faster from a technical standpoint on top of the training.

For example I really wasn’t able to use the training much over the winter, but got some improvements from swinging in the simulator at work and seeing what resulted in higher speeds there as well.

I’ll be ecstatic if I can myself to be consistently in the 113-115 range with my driver. emoji106.png

You’ve got a simulator at work?! Damn, my life sucks.

You’ve got a simulator at work?! Damn, my life sucks.

Haha yes. I have access to a full swing golf simulator with the e6 software in the gym in my office building. Before Covid-19 shut down the building I was able to play a round in about 20 minutes (no putting).

It was pretty awesome. They even have some clubs there to use which were newer versions of my irons, and I used the 3 wood off the tee. Not perfect, but still pretty awesome. I was feeling fresh and ready for the season but now I haven’t hit a ball in what feels like forever!

48 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Haha yes. I have access to a full swing golf simulator with the e6 software in the gym in my office building. Before Covid-19 shut down the building I was able to play a round in about 20 minutes (no putting).

It was pretty awesome. They even have some clubs there to use which were newer versions of my irons, and I used the 3 wood off the tee. Not perfect, but still pretty awesome. I was feeling fresh and ready for the season but now I haven’t hit a ball in what feels like forever!

Are they hiring? 😉

Are they hiring?

I’m sure we will be once things open back up again! Haha

Looking for work in MA? DM me your resume and I’ll FW it along, but you can work for any of the companies in the building and have access to the gym.