hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

47 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I finished my week 26 training yesterday and this morning was able to play for the first time since October.  It was hard to get an accurate read on my overall driving distance as the temperature was around 50° and there was very little roll, but I seemed to be carrying my drives to about the spot I used to get with roll last summer.  Maybe an extra 15-20 yards?

I brought my SwingSpeed radar along to the range before the round as well.  Most of my swings were around 115mph, but I did hit 118 as I started to warm up.  I'm going in for a full bag fitting sometime in the next two weeks so I'll let everyone know if there are any big equipment changes coming.  Otherwise most of my posts will probably migrate over to the 2019 Cobra Connect challenge thread.

Lastly, thank you to my fellow testers for sharing this journey with me.  The biggest obstacle with the SuperSpeed training program is definitely staying committed to the program, but it was much easier with everyone else going through the same peaks and valleys and offering feedback and encouragement along the way.  Thanks!  🙌

875171668_Week26results.JPG.05681c0cb153903f24e9f9cc51c2331a.JPG

Thanks Bucky, best of luck out on the course.  I have to say i’m a bit in awe of your numbers!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 2:31 AM, mr.hicksta said:

I started Level 2 tonight, and yeah, I don’t like he crow hop swing. I suspect I’ll improve as I get deeper in the protocol, but it’s going to be awkward for a couple weeks.

You should email Superspeed support and ask for the new protocols, they eliminated the crow hop.  They were great about sending them to me when I let them know I was informally tagging along here.

• Like 1

You should email Superspeed support and ask for the new protocols, they eliminated the crow hop.  They were great about sending them to me when I let them know I was informally tagging along here.

No kidding? I’ll have to check the site again cause that’s where I downloaded the PDF from. How new are we talking?

29 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

No kidding? I’ll have to check the site again cause that’s where I downloaded the PDF from. How new are we talking?

They haven't been released yet new - our test group was a test group for them. 🙂

• Like 3

They haven't been released yet new - our test group was a test group for them.

Ahh I see. Guess I’ll have to be patient!

I just sent them an email and indicated I was a poster on MGS and they sent me the new information.
  • Like 4

They would send it to you for sure

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

I shot them an email earlier so hopefully they’ll hook me up!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Thanks for the info.  I sent them an email. 

I finished my week 26 training yesterday and this morning was able to play for the first time since October.  It was hard to get an accurate read on my overall driving distance as the temperature was around 50° and there was very little roll, but I seemed to be carrying my drives to about the spot I used to get with roll last summer.  Maybe an extra 15-20 yards?

I brought my SwingSpeed radar along to the range before the round as well.  Most of my swings were around 115mph, but I did hit 118 as I started to warm up.  I'm going in for a full bag fitting sometime in the next two weeks so I'll let everyone know if there are any big equipment changes coming.  Otherwise most of my posts will probably migrate over to the 2019 Cobra Connect challenge thread.

Lastly, thank you to my fellow testers for sharing this journey with me.  The biggest obstacle with the SuperSpeed training program is definitely staying committed to the program, but it was much easier with everyone else going through the same peaks and valleys and offering feedback and encouragement along the way.  Thanks!  

875171668_Week26results.JPG.05681c0cb153903f24e9f9cc51c2331a.JPG

Bucky, it's been great having you here during the SuperSpeed testing. I wish you the best of luck playing with the full set of Cobra's. The Cobra Connect challenge is definitely one of my favorite reads, so I'm sure I'll see you there. Thanks for the week 26 update, those are some awesome gains!

I know it's going to be tough having to play more golf, just hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks Bucky it's been great reading all about your experience with SuperSpeed. Good luck with the Cobra Connect, I'll be sure to follow along! Secondary note how many four leaf clovers you have in your pocket to do both SuperSpeed and Cobra Connect haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks Bucky it's been great reading all about your experience with SuperSpeed. Good luck with the Cobra Connect, I'll be sure to follow along! Secondary note how many four leaf clovers you have in your pocket to do both SuperSpeed and Cobra Connect haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was thinking about that as well. I should have bought a PowerBall ticket!

I can’t wait to go through the Cobra fitting. I can pretty much guarantee that I’ll need new shafts after the speed increases I’ve seen.
  • Like 6

I finally can contribute back to this thread. As I posted in late February, I cracked the LCD screen on the radar with an errant swing. After some back and forth with the company (they are great, just a small operation), my replacement LCD screen arrived Saturday afternoon. 

I hadn't really been consistent with my workouts because, frankly, it's not a whole lot of fun without the radar. I did finish the introduction protocol and had been intermittently completing level one, but I haven't been terribly consistent since wrecking the radar.

This afternoon I went through the introductory protocol once again to re-establish my baselines. I'm very happy with the numbers, and these were after my normal Monday morning lifting and about 50 range balls at lunchtime. 

image.png.9973366189e14a5a6a70aed29944a366.png

I'm going to go through the introductory protocol twice more this week and then move on to level one next week.

I did register one driver at 102 MPH during my lunch session. I have a lot of swing things to work on (most notably a backswing inside takeaway/sway/cast sequence), so I'm hoping that number goes up as I work to correct those issues.

• Like 5

I am happy to say that I have broken out of my plateau. I knew something good yesterday when I played with someone who always outdrives me. I was blowing it by him on several holes.  It was wet and I got zero roll.  I was getting yardages on the fly that I normally get with carry and roll.

Today...I broke multiple personal records. 

I had 107 with red stick on regular swing and I hit 124 with left handed step change swing. 

AEA1945A-7F7C-4B81-A91C-DFFDC6DDB5D1.jpeg

• Like 7

Congrats @edingc & @joen

My updates are not that great, just status qua for the time being I "think." I say I "think" because I did a driver swing speed test last weekend, 10 balls as I always do, numbers were 116mph highest and  113mph average. That is down alittle from my last est, HOWEVER I've had a driver equipment change with my Driver now being roughly 30grams heavier or 9% +/-, so now with a variable introduced it's tough to know how much effect (if any) that has had.

• Like 2

I'm gong to take a week off from training with the kickoff of the Epic Flash review. I did go to do a swing speed test and saw I was still in a plateau phase. Actually, my speeds were down starting out, with speeds in the mid 80's. My driver swing has been a mess the last couple of weeks and I can't hit a fairway for love nor money.

I was talking to an older gentleman who suggested a change in group to straighten me out, and it worked! Then after a few swings, I stepped back and took a few driver swings without hitting and realized I had forgotten where the swoosh needed to be. I was losing speed by accelerating early and not focusing on the swoosh coming after the ball. My last three swings were 93, 95, 95.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

Tuesday’s are workout days for me but didn’t get home from my daughter’s IV treatment until 630. By the time I got done with dinner it was 730 - it was pretty dark as I finished - could have skipped it but didn’t want to.

I had scheduled a driver fitting for Friday but now can’t because of a work issue. I’ve moved it to the Thursday after Easter. Looking forward to that. Cant wait to see what I end up with. Tru fit shifted on me based on my last set of numbers - they really weren’t that different from the ones before so we shall see.

It’s entirely possible that I’m already gaming the best driver for me.

• Like 5

On 4/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, cnosil said:

I am 6 weeks into the program so protocol 1 is now complete.  While I didn't see my superspeed numbers increasing over the 6 weeks,  I did get a driver swing speed increase.   interesting to see my numbers compared to how most others saw a progressive increase through their training.  

image.png.a9be9d35084fcefe068f5c398d790a7d.png

I looked back through the thread to see if anyone did a comparison of the radar unit to an actual launch monitor to see how they compared but couldn't find anything.  Anyone reading the thread have that kind of comparison?    Since we are don't with driver testing,  I don't have ready access to comparing driver swing speeds on the MGS GC Quad.  During driver testing my swing speed on the GC Quad was in the 105-111 range depending on the day so I am interested in how the 112 on SSR possibly compares.   

Time to dig up a pad for the knees as a start protocol 2 and kneeling swings 

Thanks cnosil! Awesome results after level 1! To answer your question about the radar, it measures the nearest thing that passes it which is the toe of the driver, launch monitors measure the center of the club face. Due to physics the measurement from the radar will register in approximately 3mph faster than a launch monitor. 

• Like 4

Great job to everyone who has been doing the training! If you have any questions feel free to email us at info@superspeedgolf.com

We are in the golfing season now! If you were wondering how to maintain your current speed gain without advancing through the protocols just yet, you can perform our level 1 protocol once per week. Through testing we have found this to be enough to maintain the neurological reaction speed reset. 

By doing this you can prolong your plateau phases thus to prevent inconsistencies in speed and distance on the course throughout your competitive season. When you have 3 weeks break you can get back to training and pick up where you left off, once the 3 week break is up you can go back to the "maintenance protocol".

Everyone eventually will hit their maximum speed predominantly due to genetics. But there are ways in which you could further advance your speed by improving how your body moves. We highly recommend getting physically assessed by a TPI Certified expert near you to further advance your speed gains while using SuperSpeed!

• Like 6

Hey All -  been a few weeks I think since I've posted any numbers, so I figured I'd toss out a spreadsheet.  I few weeks back, someone (I forget who) posted a formula to project driver speed based on the three SS sticks (81% for green, 85% blue, and 88% red), so I added a column to average those out - it's one way to see see progress a little more clearly over time, and it seems to be a really good approximation based on a few swings with the driver here and there to see how things match up).  Still in that plateau (expected) and have slowed up just a little the past 2 or 3 weeks, which I attribute to not getting as much sleep lately and my eating being a bit off (lot of treats, I gained about 4 pounds the past moth, oops!).  I'm hoping to start playing in couple of weeks (tomorrow will be rainy, or we wouldn't gone out, then its Easter weekend).  It'd be great to start the year hitting the driver in the 88-90 range (secretly hoping for 90-92), get to that next jump, and once I get to the end of this protocol go into maintenance mode as suggested by (I'm assuming Daisy) in the last SS Golf post.  Hope to catch that elusive 120 mph soon too 😉 

Looking forward to update from the rest of the gang.

image.png.161da0e89b33b14bb8b0d5f64365f538.png

• Like 3