hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

21 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

That was a great article.  I dislike reading my own comments for anything but it was cool to see our story on the main page.  Way to go @revkev and @sirchunksalot.  You're famous!

For me, one of the best parts was seeing what everyone's real name is 😉 

Very cool.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, revkev said:

We shouldn’t loose sight of the fact that SuperSpeed has been great through this process. For example their little post a week or so ago about how to maintain during the season was huge. I was really struggling with what to do between play and work. Work will slow after next week and having done maintenance the past few weeks I’ll jump back in where I left off.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Absolutely!  I'm not even part of the official test group, and they treated me as is I was. 

• Like 5

We shouldn’t loose sight of the fact that SuperSpeed has been great through this process. For example their little post a week or so ago about how to maintain during the season was huge. I was really struggling with what to do between play and work. Work will slow after next week and having done maintenance the past few weeks I’ll jump back in where I left off.

Agreed and they've also been great to us non-official testers who wanted the revamped protocol

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

It definitely feels good when you do it, but it kills the checking account. I would definitely say need clothes are less expensive, but they don't bring in the fun factor of a shiny new set of clubs. Have you gone for your fitting yet? I really can't wait to see what you end up with.

By the way, for $250 I bet you got a lot of new clothes. Aren't skinny people clothes cheaper that the husky stuff like I have to wear?

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Beals Outlet on senior discount day is the bomb. Got three pairs of dress paints, a pair of jeans and two pairs of shorts for a song there. Picked up two pairs of shorts and some shirts at my club on year end close outs and found clerical collars really cheap on line.

I threw the old clothes away as an incentive to keep the weight off.

• Like 4

So after reading this thread and the article, I pulled the trigger.  Mine arrived today and I did my first protocol this afternoon.  Couple of observations...

1. 3 swings per side is way more intensive than I expected it to be
  2. My swing speed is all over the place...  I assume that is normal to start with?
  3. Right handed swings are tough for a lefty
  4. I'm understanding this is 3 times a week...  I assume at least 1 day off in between?  
  • Like 7

So after reading this thread and the article, I pulled the trigger.  Mine arrived today and I did my first protocol this afternoon.  Couple of observations...
  2. My swing speed is all over the place...  I assume that is normal to start with?
  4. I'm understanding this is 3 times a week...  I assume at least 1 day off in between?  
I'll agree with you that it's amazing how so few swings can exhaust you, but overall with the warm-up swings it's 56 swings. That's about nine holes worth of swings, for me. Plus, you're having to go all out in an attempt to beat your previous swing. It's something you'll get used to until you make it to the next protocol and get introduced to the next routine, but the adjustment period will be shorter.

Until you get a few sessions in, your swing speed will vary. Eventually, you'll start seeing more consistency with each club.

Lefty swings are tough for a righty.

You will want to take a day off between workouts. For me I try to do my sessions Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. Also, if you do a session on a day you play, you'll want to space it out by a few hours.

Welcome aboard! If you have any questions feel free to ask. This is a great group of testers and every one of them is more than happy to help. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

• Like 4

Working on reading my way through this thread again but how many of you would say the radar is necessary?

Working on reading my way through this thread again but how many of you would say the radar is necessary?

Definitely necessary. It is important to monitor your swings to ensure they are going faster. There is a big difference between swinging harder and swinging faster. The radar helps to confirm what you are doing.
  • Like 2

I'll agree with@cnosil that the radar is definitely needed. It's a great motivator and it lets you keep track of your progress.

• Like 2

Thanks for the input! Just picked up a set with a radar! Now it just needs to get here!!!!

• Like 3

IMG_1756.JPG

I knew this was in there!!!
@Ga_pike - Only one of us felt the workouts weren’t demanding at first. And I believe he was the youngest and fittest of our group.

I don’t know how true consistency is in regards to speed nor do I think it matters. It’s about the fastest speed in drills not averages. Your non-dominant side will catch up fairly quickly. There may even be days or drills where you get faster non-dominant swings than dominant ones.

For whoever asked I would agree that the radar is essential.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, revkev said:

IMG_1756.JPG

I knew this was in there!!!
@Ga_pike - Only one of us felt the workouts weren’t demanding at first. And I believe he was the youngest and fittest of our group.

I don’t know how true consistency is in regards to speed nor do I think it matters. It’s about the fastest speed in drills not averages. Your non-dominant side will catch up fairly quickly. There may even be days or drills where you get faster non-dominant swings than dominant ones.

For whoever asked I would agree that the radar is essential.

Look at that Tour Sauce!!  That's incredible Rev.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ga_pike said:

Welcome aboard!

OK, got my first round booked for tomorrow!  It's gonna be soggy, we've had rain 18 of the 26 days in April so far, and it's supposed to rain more over night, but stop before daybreak.  Between seeing the fruits of the SS training and my new Arccos sensors, I'm pretty excited to get out there finally!!

• Like 4

Can someone tell me length and diameter of the different “heads” I’m going to finish off my homemade set as a project during my convalescence (more accurately I’ll get my father in law to do it) I’m going to need to rebuild my swing after 6-7 months off so hopefully I can be better than before my lay off.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me length and diameter of the different “heads” I’m going to finish off my homemade set as a project during my convalescence (more accurately I’ll get my father in law to do it) I’m going to need to rebuild my swing after 6-7 months off so hopefully I can be better than before my lay off.

I think MPR has a review of a home made set in the “unofficial review” section.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, revkev said:

I think MPR has a review of a home made set in the “unofficial review” section.

I'm aiming for something that looks almost like the real thing. My father in law has a supply of stainless steel and a couple of metal lathes, along with a love of machining metal, I think I should help him indulge that!

Getting the weight absolutely right will be easier this way too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peaksy68 said:

I'm aiming for something that looks almost like the real thing. My father in law has a supply of stainless steel and a couple of metal lathes, along with a love of machining metal, I think I should help him indulge that!

Getting the weight absolutely right will be easier this way too.

The key is targeting the weight so type of material and how much you take out for the shafts and and sleeves to hold the shaft will be critical.  To match SS, you would also need to remove material for the logo on the bottom and the beveled edges.   That said the diameter is 1".    Lengths are 39mm, 48mm, 60mm.  If you truely want to make your own, just weigh the materials to get the appropriate weight for each.