Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Played 27 holes today.  Temp never got above 50.  Basically had the course to myself.   I took the radar along to see if there's been any increase in my driver swing speed since the initial introduction.  No difference.   It might have something to do with how cold it was and how layered up I was.  The thing that kind of stands out in my mind (as I mentioned before) is that I feel as though my swings with the SpeedSwing sticks is a lot different than the mechanics of my actual golf swing.

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

Played 27 holes today.  Temp never got above 50.  Basically had the course to myself.   I took the radar along to see if there's been any increase in my driver swing speed since the initial introduction.  No difference.   It might have something to do with how cold it was and how layered up I was.  The thing that kind of stands out in my mind (as I mentioned before) is that I feel as though my swings with the SpeedSwing sticks is a lot different than the mechanics of my actual golf swing.
Calypso, I played 9 yesterday and had the same thought, My radar speed was actually lower than what I initially started out with. It could be the thought of control over speed since it's a situation of trying to hit a fairway instead of wailing at it loosely. At least that's the thought I had for my swing.

I noticed that my ball was hooking most of the time off the tee, did you happen to see any difference on how you were hitting it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

41 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Calypso, I played 9 yesterday and had the same thought, My radar speed was actually lower than what I initially started out with. It could be the thought of control over speed since it's a situation of trying to hit a fairway instead of wailing at it loosely. At least that's the thought I had for my swing.

I noticed that my ball was hooking most of the time off the tee, did you happen to see any difference on how you were hitting it?

Not hooking so much, but I did notice that my shot trajectory, for both my driver and irons, seemed to be a lot lower.  Unfortunately, it didn't correspond to added distance, but I think that had a lot to do with the cold temps.  I had to club up on all my normal shots.

2 hours ago, Calypso55 said:

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's why I measured my swing speed with my driver at the start, but haven't checked its since.  I won't until the end of the 6th week when we submit to Daisy.  

I've seen some interesting data, but nothing earth-shattering.  I will update by this Friday, but in the meantime I will be playing on course just like always.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Intesresting comments from my fellow testers. I’ve noticed a couple of things, swing wise, that merit a mention.

1. I can definitely feel the right side loading with my longer clubs. I used to feel that sensation but had lost it at some point and hadn’t been able to recapture it until my round last Friday. I think the step through swings are what have helped recreate that.

2. Since I purchased the Swing Caddy I have been measuring random on course driver SS. Usually 4 or 5 drives per round.

I didn’t on Friday because the course was crowded which was too bad because I hit a couple of very nice drives. I did Sunday, I measured 10 in fact and had more drives with a SS over 90 than below. That was a first on that device. I also had my ball speed creep into the 130’s a couple of times. That was a first on the device as well.

Also I believe I’m hitting the ball more solidly with driver. Several times Swing Caddy said my playing partner had hit it ten years farther than me but when we got to our balls mine had gone farther, an indication that my spin rates are coming down (and our courses are drying out).

None of this is dramatic mind you. But these are signs that things are changing in the way I’m delivering the club face to the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hey guys, it's probably not the right forum for this, but since we're sharing our thoughts and getting input from each other within this group, would you please take a look at one of my swings from yesterday's round and tell me if you notice anything to which I should be paying closer attention??  Thanks!!! 

2 hours ago, Calypso55 said:

Hey guys, it's probably not the right forum for this, but since we're sharing our thoughts and getting input from each other within this group, would you please take a look at one of my swings from yesterday's round and tell me if you notice anything to which I should be paying closer attention??  Thanks!!! 

Looks to me like you start the downswing from your right side, rather than pulling from the left side.  This leads to a loss of leverage angle before impact.  I have been fighting this myself, and it's been part of my swing change this year.

Take a video of your swing using just your left arm and see the difference.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Looks to me like you start the downswing from your right side, rather than pulling from the left side.  This leads to a loss of leverage angle before impact.  I have been fighting this myself, and it's been part of my swing change this year.

Take a video of your swing using just your left arm and see the difference.

I can see what you mean from the video.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks, Kenny!!

You guys are trying to bait me, I know, no way I’m posting a video of my lefty step swing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

You guys are trying to bait me, I know, no way I’m posting a video of my lefty step swing.

We'll settle for a lefty Happy Gilmore swing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

10 hours ago, revkev said:

giphy.gif

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Can't wait to hear how things are shaping up for everyone on this testing!

I already have a fast swing speed (115 up to 125) but I would still love to get some more speed.

Does anyone know if it would help me at all to invest in this product. 

I play every week, even in winter. I play in a simulator league that runs from October-end of March. 

I am the long hitter of the league but would still like some more m.p.h.s. I mean, who doesn't want more speed!?

Edited by Jaredchadd
Auto correct swapped a word out

2017 TM M2 9.5*

TM M4 irons (5-AW, regular flex)

56* TM ATV wedge

60* Mack Daddy wedge

TM Daddy Long Legs putter

On 10/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, Har in the Hat said:

why did you deviate?

I deviated because I am not in the official MGS testing group. I'm very physically fit and just felt that I was ready for sets with 5 swings in each set opposed to only 3 swings in each set. 

After doing 6 of the initial workouts with only 3 swings per side per set---I wasn't feeling much of a 'workout' so I jumped it up to the 5 swings and now I feel as if I'm on the right level. 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

47 minutes ago, Jaredchadd said:

I already have a fast swing speed (115 up to 125) but I would still love to get some more speed.

Does anyone know if it would help me at all to invest in this product. 

My simulator had me at 116.5 on a 15 swing sample the day before the swing sticks came in. topped 119 once If I recall correctly. 

My last session I averaged 120.5 and had one over 123.5---and even more importantly, after having a 25% fairway percentage and a 25% penalty percentage through my last 70 driver swings---My last two times out I hit 6/7 fairways with 4 of them bombs like I've never really been able to produce on the course. There is a reason that tons of tour pros (350, I believe they say on their website) use these sticks. They don't only help people go from 90 to 95, they definitely help people take the jump from higher speeds to way higher. 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

2 hours ago, sgold7 said:

I deviated because I am not in the official MGS testing group. I'm very physically fit and just felt that I was ready for sets with 5 swings in each set opposed to only 3 swings in each set. 

After doing 6 of the initial workouts with only 3 swings per side per set---I wasn't feeling much of a 'workout' so I jumped it up to the 5 swings and now I feel as if I'm on the right level. 

I've actually wondered about this as well.  Six weeks of the inital workouts seems like a long time.  It will be interesting to see if any of us hit a speed plateau before the inital six weeks is up.  Good to hear that the 2nd level of 5 swings per side was more challenging for you.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Week 4 is in the books.  So, what's the news, and is it good or bad?

My first 3 weeks didn't look all that good, and I got a little discourage because everyone was seeing gains and I wasn't.  I would have a session with a slightly higher than normal speed, then the next session it was back down again.  But I kept plugging away.  There are two comments I can make regarding my swing with the SuperSpeed Golf clubs:

1. Although my swing with my non-dominant left hand feels very awkward, there's not much difference in speed from my dominant right hand.  I might be able to attribute this to using the Skilz Golf Flex club both left and right handed the past couple of months as a warmup prior to playing golf.
  2. My swing speeds with all three SuperSpeed clubs; Light (yellow), Medium (green), and Heavy (blue), do not differ very much.  I am a little slower with the heavy club, but not by much.  I expected more speed difference between the three clubs.  However, this may be due to all three clubs being lighter than my driver.

The past couple of sessions this week, I have noticed a increase in speed across the board with all clubs.  I have only included data for the Normal swing.  The first data set is my swing speed for the very first session of Week 1.  Yeah, pretty pathetic, I know.

Light                          Medium                       Heavy
Normal Swing:  image.png

This second data set is my swing speed for the last session of this Week 4.  Better.

So, there is hope for me yet.  We have 2 more weeks of the Protocol 1.  I'm hoping I can get over 100 with all clubs, both right and left.

You guys are doing a great job.. its fun to follow your improvements.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I’ve also put my week 4 in the books so here’s my official update along with a caveat - don’t do updates on reviews after a stressful work day and a couple of cocktails.

I wrote a very nice update last evening, unfortunately it was on the PM for the tester group.

At any rate here goes my official update for the MGS community and visitors:

Dominant fastest swings

Green 114 Blue 106 Red 103

Non dominant

Green 97 Blue 99 Red 88

Much like the first time 100 popped up for me on week one the 114 was stunning. It was on a step through but still to swing any sort of club at tour average SS was a remarkable sensation.

I also noticed that 4 of my 6 top speeds came last Saturday. That’s significant because SuperSpeed Golf encourages morning sessions and last Saturday was my only morning session of the group. Unfortunately that same pattern will hold true this upcoming week.

I’d highlight again that while there is an ideal many of our lives don’t permit the ideal to take place. This makes us an ideal test group though because regular consumers will be faced with the same issues that we face up to and including a driver that doesn’t match the norm like Kenny.

Another observation is that I’m having difficulty going after it with the non-dominant side. I think a part of that is motivation. I’m constantly trying to beat that last number with the dominant side swings. Non-dominant it’s more of a let’s get these over with and while I’m at it try to put a good swing on it attitude.

While I don’t know for certain it’s possible that I didn’t have a dominant side swing under 100 with the green stick and very few with the blue on normal swings. It was also my first time over 100 with the red club.

According to the expectations given by SuperSpeed Golf for the first level I should be at the following (rounded up):

Green 109 Blue 105 Red 102

So I’m a bit ahead of the expected. Nothing dramatic on the course or range yet although there are some improvements and I’m clearly hitting my drives more solidly with a higher percentage of them coming at the top end of my old SS.

Plans are to go to the range today and play after church on Sunday.

To the comment about whether this would benefit someone with 120 mph SS - 5 percent of 120 is a lot more than 5 percent of 90. Long drive guys who swing 140 plus are constantly trying to find more SS. So yes it should consider it as a possibility for improving your game.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Week 4 is in the books.  So, what's the news, and is it good or bad?

My first 3 weeks didn't look all that good, and I got a little discourage because everyone was seeing gains and I wasn't.  I would have a session with a slightly higher than normal speed, then the next session it was back down again.  But I kept plugging away.  There are two comments I can make regarding my swing with the SuperSpeed Golf clubs:

1. Although my swing with my non-dominant left hand feels very awkward, there's not much difference in speed from my dominant right hand.  I might be able to attribute this to using the Skilz Golf Flex club both left and right handed the past couple of months as a warmup prior to playing golf.
  2. My swing speeds with all three SuperSpeed clubs; Light (yellow), Medium (green), and Heavy (blue), do not differ very much.  I am a little slower with the heavy club, but not by much.  I expected more speed difference between the three clubs.  However, this may be due to all three clubs being lighter than my driver.

The past couple of sessions this week, I have noticed a increase in speed across the board with all clubs.  I have only included data for the Normal swing.  The first data set is my swing speed for the very first session of Week 1.  Yeah, pretty pathetic, I know.

Light                          Medium                       Heavy

This second data set is my swing speed for the last session of this Week 4.  Better.

So, there is hope for me yet.  We have 2 more weeks of the Protocol 1.  I'm hoping I can get over 100 with all clubs, both right and left.

While I don't have first hand knowledge, I would think this is like weight loss: when you weight yourself every day you might see minor up and down fluctuations. But the trend is your friend so as long as you see slight gains that's got to be a plus and indicative of long term improvement. . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Great stuff guys. You all are really making me want to do this over the winter

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

While I don't have first hand knowledge, I would think this is like weight loss: when you weight yourself every day you might see minor up and down fluctuations. But the trend is your friend so as long as you see slight gains that's got to be a plus and indicative of long term improvement. . 

This is exactly why I have NOT measured my driver swing since I started the SuperSpeed protocol.  We have two more weeks at Level 1, after which I will measure my driver swing speed again.  I felt that if I did it each week, I would be more discouraged if I didn't see a bump in speed.  Let's hope I am pleasantly surprised!!

This is exactly why I have NOT measured my driver swing since I started the SuperSpeed protocol.  We have two more weeks at Level 1, after which I will measure my driver swing speed again.  I felt that if I did it each week, I would be more discouraged if I didn't see a bump in speed.  Let's hope I am pleasantly surprised!!

And I’m the opposite - my weight loss program requiems me to weigh in every day - if for some reason I can’t (traveling) I need to tell my trainer, which I do. At times it has been discouraging but after nine months I know what things cause my weight to balloon - particularly I’ve learned that a lack of sleep and too much salt is NG!

While I haven’t garnered an official driver SS since we started I haven’t changed my routine with the Swing Caddy which has been to check random shots with all my clubs.

IMG_1400.JPG

Here’s what I got today. This was representative of what I had on the course on Sunday as well. My average SS and distance on this device was 88 and 216 the day before I started. It was 84.5 and 205 when I was fit for the G400 last April on trackman and we compared Swingcaddy to trackman SS and they were very close.

You don’t get spin rate from Swingcaddy - My on course distance seemed longer than what it was giving me distance and carry - I suspect that’s because I’m hitting it more solidly and so getting closer to it deal launch conditions.

My goal was to have the average driver SS at 93 on this device at the end of the 6 weeks. That’s LPGA average

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

5 hours ago, revkev said:

And I’m the opposite - my weight loss program requiems me to weigh in every day - if for some reason I can’t (traveling) I need to tell my trainer, which I do. At times it has been discouraging but after nine months I know what things cause my weight to balloon - particularly I’ve learned that a lack of sleep and too much salt is NG!

While I haven’t garnered an official driver SS since we started I haven’t changed my routine with the Swing Caddy which has been to check random shots with all my clubs.

IMG_1400.JPG

My goal was to have the average driver SS at 93 on this device at the end of the 6 weeks. That’s LPGA average

I wish I could hit the ball as far as those ladies!

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Looks like I'm going to have to pull an early morning, late evening session this weekend. I've been able to get two sessions in this week, but the last one's been hard to get to. Between work and weather, it's not been good for the home team.

I have to do my training after work, so I just have to get it in at the house. I feel Rev' s sentiment that it's a shame I only get one day a week that the training happens in the morning. I was hoping for two days, but overtime happened. I'm usually off on Friday, but end of the year stuff got in the way. Oh well, at least I'm having fun doing it.

So far this week, I've seen my best speeds yet. I hit a high of 114 right handed and 105 from the left side. Both of those were during the step exercise with my lightest club. It's awesome to look at the radar and see speed like that.

45 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Looks like I'm going to have to pull an early morning, late evening session this weekend. I've been able to get two sessions in this week, but the last one's been hard to get to. Between work and weather, it's not been good for the home team.

I have to do my training after work, so I just have to get it in at the house. I feel Rev' s sentiment that it's a shame I only get one day a week that the training happens in the morning. I was hoping for two days, but overtime happened. I'm usually off on Friday, but end of the year stuff got in the way. Oh well, at least I'm having fun doing it.

So far this week, I've seen my best speeds yet. I hit a high of 114 right handed and 105 from the left side. Both of those were during the step exercise with my lightest club. It's awesome to look at the radar and see speed like that.

Having fun with it is half the battle. If you hated doing it then you would have a harder time doing it.

Ok spies, my week four in now finished. It was another good week in seeing higher top speeds, with personal bests of 114 right handed and 105 left handed. 20181027_105322.jpeg
I'm starting to see my non dominant swing catch up to my dominant, especially with the heaviest club swinging normally.
rps20181027_110347.jpeg
You'll also notice my first three swings right handed are edited, it's wet outside and I quickly realized if I didn't move that I would be eating dirt, or worse. I then proceeded to swing again with more confidence.

Now we're down to the last two weeks before the permanent speed change is supposed to take place. I'm anxious to find out.

My week 4 workouts are in the books!  Unfortunately it was a mixed bag of results.  I hit personal bests in 2 of my 3 left-handed swings (non-dominant), but was down slightly in all 3 of my right handed speeds.

week 4 results.JPG

I'm not sure why all of my right handed swings were down this week.  I worked out about the same time each day and had at least one day off between sessions, so I don't think it was fatigue.  It may be a plateau that I won't break through until the protocol changes in week 7.

My left (non-dominant) swings are definitely improving.  With the green club I started with a 15mph difference from my right-handed swing; after Week 4 it's down to 8mph.  Blue club decreassed from 11 to 6, and Red went from 10 to 4mph.  My inner Phil must be coming out!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter