hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Use this to your advantage.  Being the first to leave your GIR shot a few feet from the flag places all the pressure on them. 
I too am trying to slow down my swing tempo and have concerns the SS system might make that worse.  I haven't tried them yet, but it sure looks like they work as advertised.

Through the training I have found I swing faster and better when I am smooth from the top. So I don’t think it’s guaranteed that you’ll lose that if you do the training! Hard definitely does not equal fast for my swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Use this to your advantage.  Being the first to leave your GIR shot a few feet from the flag places all the pressure on them. 
I too am trying to slow down my swing tempo and have concerns the SS system might make that worse.  I haven't tried them yet, but it sure looks like they work as advertised.

IMO you find that your fastest speeds come when everything is in sync - you do have some adjustment periods early on in the training but consider the number of guys on tour, where tempo is everything, who use this system - it can only help.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

too am trying to slow down my swing tempo and have concerns the SS system might make that worse.  I haven't tried them yet, but it sure looks like they work as advertised.

I can't speak to how everyone reacts, but this is why I believe it is critically important to purchase the radar. I always thought I was swinging as fast as I could because I had a quick tempo, gripped the club hard and felt like I swung hard.

With the radar, you'll quickly find that is the exact opposite of what actually produces a fast swing. Doing the SS training has opened my eyes to that and helped me greatly to train my brain. I find that many of the same principals that apply to a good swing, such as a full shoulder turn, ground interaction, looseness and even proper club path, all will make the SS sticks go faster. 

Again, maybe it doesn't work that way for everyone, but by finally getting immediate feedback on what works and what doesn't, I've improved my tempo and overall golf swing.

Of course, I've never taken lessons and this is the first year I've ever had feedback beyond just watching general ball flight. Between the SS program, the radar and my Swing Caddie at the range, I've made huge strides in my golf game.

• Like 7

I can't speak to how everyone reacts, but this is why I believe it is critically important to purchase the radar. I always thought I was swinging as fast as I could because I had a quick tempo, gripped the club hard and felt like I swung hard.
With the radar, you'll quickly find that is the exact opposite of what actually produces a fast swing. Doing the SS training has opened my eyes to that and helped me greatly to train my brain. I find that many of the same principals that apply to a good swing, such as a full shoulder turn, ground interaction, looseness and even proper club path, all will make the SS sticks go faster. 
Again, maybe it doesn't work that way for everyone, but by finally getting immediate feedback on what works and what doesn't, I've improved my tempo and overall golf swing.
Of course, I've never taken lessons and this is the first year I've ever had feedback beyond just watching general ball flight. Between the SS program, the radar and my Swing Caddie at the range, I've made huge strides in my golf game.

Have you ever tried Swing Caddie on the course?

I use it there occasionally - it can be fun especially for your friends.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, revkev said:

Have you ever tried Swing Caddie on the course?

I use it there occasionally - it can be fun especially for your friends.

I haven't, but should. I did take the radar out earlier this year with some friends. That was fun for sure. 

• Like 1

Hi guys, new user here and another that has started the Superspeed system. I did a decent bit of investigation on it before deciding to give it a go and have read most of this thread now.

Before starting my driver SS was usually around 97-99 mph on a monitor with the odd 1 or 2 reaching 101 mph. My ball speed on a GC2 was around 148 mph.

I've been doing the training for 1 month now and I've definitely reached a plateau stage on my dominant side as expected but my weak side is still going up. I will probably get back onto the same GC2 monitor next week to see if there has been any increase in ball speed.

Current training looks like...

yPbJsyL.jpg

I've been busy the last week and haven't managed to do any training, so it will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

On the course I have definitely started to see a difference, especially over the last 2 weeks not only with my driver but my irons as well. It may be the Superspeed system starting to kick in but we've also had decent temperatures the last couple of Saturdays here in the UK that will have helped a little as well.

I'll stick with the beginner protocol this week before moving onto Stage 1 next week. I really need to start doing the dynamic warm-ups, since a lot of the time I'm rushed my warm-up usually just consists of swing each club gently on both sides (maybe 5 each side) then I take each club and swing them until all reach over 100mph. Usually only takes about 2 minutes in total.

• Like 5

@Speingveldt - great job- I really would be careful about not getting warmed up. You don’t want to injure yourself doing this.

Keep up the great work and welcome.

• Like 3

What is everyone doing for maintenance? I've tried to keep up during the summer but it's been a struggle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Up until the last two weeks I had been following SuoerSpeed’s advice and doing 1 stage one per week. I’ve either been traveling (MN for a conference right now) or the weather has not co-operated when I’ve been home.

I have another conference next week (in Tampa so no traveling other than a drive across the Bay.)

After that intending to go back to Stage 1 until I get get to my max speeds, then to the once a week maintenance protocol until my playing Big season n ends in late October. I will figure out where to go from there at that point. Ideally back to Stage 3.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, revkev said:

You'll get there - your SS is faster than mine - when I'm playing often enough my ball striking tends to be pretty good so I'm able to maximize what I have but you still should surpass me in no time.

@revkev I think I may be a little slower at this point (still haven't cracked 120 like you have), but that's OK.  I figure you are 4 years older than me, so I have 4 years to catch up.  For now, I'm spending some time working on my swing and happy to maintain my current speed with the maintenance protocol. 

Now that I've been using my Zepp and making an effort to hit some balls into the net in the yard after work every day, I've found that while my practice shots look pretty good in the Zepp stats (estimated club head speed, swing plane, tempo) once there's a ball there to hit, things drop off quite a bit, a lot more than I would have thought.  The psychology of all this is pretty interesting.  For now, I'm alternating practice swings and hitting the ball to try to even things out. 

I'm sure it would be better to get to a driving range, but the one near me closed down - very sad, the owner died suddenly and his wife didn't want to keep running the place.  

Edited by Mike Lambert
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tchat07 said:

What is everyone doing for maintenance? I've tried to keep up during the summer but it's been a struggle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm doing stage 1 about once per week, although it's been mostly once every other week.  I'm trying to keep the gains I made between Dec and late April, although I've given a little bit back.  I figure I'll keep that up until the end of the season around November 1st, then go back to 3 days a week.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 7:04 AM, Springveldt said:

Hi guys, new user here and another that has started the Superspeed system. I did a decent bit of investigation on it before deciding to give it a go and have read most of this thread now.

Before starting my driver SS was usually around 97-99 mph on a monitor with the odd 1 or 2 reaching 101 mph. My ball speed on a GC2 was around 148 mph.

I've been doing the training for 1 month now and I've definitely reached a plateau stage on my dominant side as expected but my weak side is still going up. I will probably get back onto the same GC2 monitor next week to see if there has been any increase in ball speed.

yPbJsyL.jpg

I've been busy the last week and haven't managed to do any training, so it will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

On the course I have definitely started to see a difference, especially over the last 2 weeks not only with my driver but my irons as well. It may be the Superspeed system starting to kick in but we've also had decent temperatures the last couple of Saturdays here in the UK that will have helped a little as well.

I'll stick with the beginner protocol this week before moving onto Stage 1 next week. I really need to start doing the dynamic warm-ups, since a lot of the time I'm rushed my warm-up usually just consists of swing each club gently on both sides (maybe 5 each side) then I take each club and swing them until all reach over 100mph. Usually only takes about 2 minutes in total.

Welcome!

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I finally got to do another session today at the range during my lunch. Speeds where around my usually speed 126 for green, 120 for blue and I managed to get the red up to 115.

I then decided to leave the swing speed radar out and hit some balls. I placed the radar slightly in front of the ball pointing backwards at a 45 degree angle. This was my first time attempting to hit balls with the radar.

Now, I'm not sure I was doing this right but I started out with my 8 iron and the speed reading was 85 mph which is around what I would expect.

I switched to my driver and I averaged 108 mph over 5 hits. The ball was carrying the small green which was 245 to the middle according to the distance chart in my bay so that looks legit and it wasn't measuring the ball speed.

I then tried my 3 hybrid which was 99 and my 3 wood was 105 on average. I went back to my driver and again I averaged 109 over 8 swings.

I'm now confused over my SS stick speeds as my green has only ever got to 129 as a max (I did have a 137 once which I discarded as a miss-read) and the red to 115. Things I've read says I should expect around 81% of the red speed but I'm getting close to 95% of that speed if I'm setting the radar up correctly. Maybe it's because I'm a fairly strong guy (can still deadlift 400lbs even when not training regularly), maybe it's just the way my body works or maybe I've not got the radar in the correct place for my SS swings? I set it up in the middle of my stance, pointing straight at me.

I guess all will be revealed when I set up another GC2 session soon as if this is correct I should see a decent jump in ball speed off my driver.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Springveldt said:

I finally got to do another session today at the range during my lunch. Speeds where around my usually speed 126 for green, 120 for blue and I managed to get the red up to 115.

I then decided to leave the swing speed radar out and hit some balls. I placed the radar slightly in front of the ball pointing backwards at a 45 degree angle. This was my first time attempting to hit balls with the radar.

Now, I'm not sure I was doing this right but I started out with my 8 iron and the speed reading was 85 mph which is around what I would expect.

I switched to my driver and I averaged 108 mph over 5 hits. The ball was carrying the small green which was 245 to the middle according to the distance chart in my bay so that looks legit and it wasn't measuring the ball speed.

I then tried my 3 hybrid which was 99 and my 3 wood was 105 on average. I went back to my driver and again I averaged 109 over 8 swings.

I'm now confused over my SS stick speeds as my green has only ever got to 129 as a max (I did have a 137 once which I discarded as a miss-read) and the red to 115. Things I've read says I should expect around 81% of the red speed but I'm getting close to 95% of that speed if I'm setting the radar up correctly. Maybe it's because I'm a fairly strong guy (can still deadlift 400lbs even when not training regularly), maybe it's just the way my body works or maybe I've not got the radar in the correct place for my SS swings? I set it up in the middle of my stance, pointing straight at me.

I guess all will be revealed when I set up another GC2 session soon as if this is correct I should see a decent jump in ball speed off my driver.

I'm right there with you.... 126, 120, 117 for max speeds.  My Driver was around 108 dry and up to 111 when hitting balls, one was 114 on a dry swing (only once so I discarded).  The 81% figure is an estimate, so I'm sure there are guys who are getting less speed than expected too.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  at least you and I are in the same boat.  

Did my first round of level 2 with kneeling swings.  I was surprised to see mid to upper 90's with the light stick.

I'd say just keep at it!  The 130's gotta be there for us soon! 

• Like 3

It could be that you did it after finishing up a session. Earlier on in the protocols I went to the range and started out hitting driver, then did a session, and hit driver again. My speed with the driver was faster after the protocols. I wish I could remember the data, but it's been a while. I want to say I was between 4-6 percent faster after my body got adjusted to moving faster.

Congratulations on your progress and welcome to the SuperSpeed community! Keep up the great work and be sure to keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

On 7/9/2019 at 7:04 AM, Springveldt said:

yPbJsyL.jpg

Looks great! Seems like the work is paying off.

You mentioned before starting SS that your typical driver speed was 97-99 (very similar to mine); what is your new driver swing speed? thx

has anyone been able to find the radar cheaper than $100? Seems kinda expensive for just a radar....  Ive been dragging my feet to buy one

33 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

has anyone been able to find the radar cheaper than $100? Seems kinda expensive for just a radar....  Ive been dragging my feet to buy one

I got mine for $85.  Had it in my amazon wish list for a while and checked the price daily.  they do drop down every once in a while.  Also you can check out ebay and see what pops up there.

I will say since getting one I don't think I could imagine doing the training without one.  nothing like immediate feedback on what works and what doesn't.

• Like 2

@yungkory has a SuperSpeed set for sell over in the classifieds and it sounds like he might be willing to sell the radar separately. Also, I second the suggestion you watch for sales on Amazon, when I broke mine, I found it on sale.

• Like 2

@yungkory has a SuperSpeed set for sell over in the classifieds and it sounds like he might be willing to sell the radar separately. Also, I second the suggestion you watch for sales on Amazon, when I broke mine, I found it on sale.

Me as well - I got mine for $65.

• Like 2