Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I’m sure we will be once things open back up again! Haha

Looking for work in MA? DM me your resume and I’ll FW it along, but you can work for any of the companies in the building and have access to the gym.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, it’s very kind of you.

My boss (Mrs.Pug) seems to think they can’t run the Navy with out me (I am to blame for giving her that impression) and since Mrs Pug makes even more than I do I had better stay put at least for the time being! Thanks for the kind offer, though.

Of all the ridiculousness I sliced up a finger on my left hand opening a jar of olives today. It’s not a terrible cut but enough to make me pass on the workout. I will play one of the weekend days and workout the otter one.

That sounds so weird - I’m thinking I won’t be able to have a bonafide live church service until mid June. But even then it’s going to be limited to groups of 50 - I figure a number of people won’t come back for a while so I could get away with 5 services a weekend once that happens. My sanctuary is big - it seats 600 - we could easily properly social distance 150 but I get why it will be this way.

It will be brutal especially if it continues to August when school starts. Honestly I may die from that.

I will be surprised if we can fully open up before next year though. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Of all the ridiculousness I sliced up a finger on my left hand opening a jar of olives today. It’s not a terrible cut but enough to make me pass on the workout. I will play one of the weekend days and workout the otter one.

That sounds so weird - I’m thinking I won’t be able to have a bonafide live church service until mid June. But even then it’s going to be limited to groups of 50 - I figure a number of people won’t come back for a while so I could get away with 5 services a weekend once that happens. My sanctuary is big - it seats 600 - we could easily properly social distance 150 but I get why it will be this way.

It will be brutal especially if it continues to August when school starts. Honestly I may die from that.

I will be surprised if we can fully open up before next year though. :(

I hope your finger and the country can both heal quickly.

My mom works in the ICU and she said all of their beds are filled with Covid patients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I hope your finger and the country can both heal quickly.

My mom works in the ICU and she said all of their beds are filled with Covid patients.

I didn’t hit like for obvious reasons. First, please tell your mom she’s in my prayers, constantly. Where?

This is so regional it amazes me. I was in a downtown Tampa hospital last week and they had no 0 none COVID patients. I think there are 1.2 million people in Hillsborough county and yesterday only 34 were hospitalized. But several of our nursing facilities have been ravaged -

Oh well enough there - I have confidence in our medical community. They will get this figured out. Stay safe everyone.

Back to golf none here today, huge storms.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

33 minutes ago, revkev said:

I didn’t hit like for obvious reasons. First, please tell your mom she’s in my prayers, constantly. Where?

This is so regional it amazes me. I was in a downtown Tampa hospital last week and they had no 0 none COVID patients. I think there are 1.2 million people in Hillsborough county and yesterday only 34 were hospitalized. But several of our nursing facilities have been ravaged -

Oh well enough there - I have confidence in our medical community. They will get this figured out. Stay safe everyone.

Back to golf none here today, huge storms.

We're in MA near the RI border.  Our county has 4,541 confirmed cases and the state is up to about 46K.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

We're in MA near the RI border.  Our county has 4,541 confirmed cases and the state is up to about 46K.

That’s more than Florida and we are five times the size of MA. One of our school parents came to see me on Friday, she’s a doctor who used to work at MA General. Three of her former colleagues have died.

We have all medical people in our prayers. Here the issues seem to be in our nursing facilities so we have those folks in our prayers, too.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

IMG_1791.JPG

Jump day for me - I’ve been using the blue stick for my dynamic warmups, instead of the recommended red - I can swing it much faster - this was in my first set of green club swings.

It led to this at the end of the workout:

IMG_1792.JPG

Dry swing with driver, I had been around 107 this go round.

Also I opted for feet together rather than kneeling swings. It took me two days to recover both times that I did the kneel downs. Not worth it IMO.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

IMG_1791.thumb.JPG.c9a7fe05c66d57dabaa2629bf704cbf0.JPG

Jump day for me - I’ve been using the blue stick for my dynamic warmups, instead of the recommended red - I can swing it much faster - this was in my first set of green club swings.

IMG_1792.thumb.JPG.c6720573ed30fe454c13a9fe1c53bf91.JPG

Also I opted for feet together rather than kneeling swings. It took me two days to recover both times that I did the kneel downs. Not worth it IMO.

Fantastic stuff Rev! Keep up that pace and you’ll be bombing it this year for sure!

IMG_1791.thumb.JPG.c9a7fe05c66d57dabaa2629bf704cbf0.JPG

IMG_1792.thumb.JPG.c6720573ed30fe454c13a9fe1c53bf91.JPG

Rev, since you've been at it for a while: is the SS data directly transferable to on course results. In other words is your sense that 112mph SuperSpeed = 112 mph on the course? If not what's the differential on a percentage basis?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

You pose an interesting question and I'm sure it'll be different from tester to tester, but I got out the numbers from the first go round with training and looked at what might be expected.

The method to my madness:

I took the average of my fastest heavy swings over the course of a protocol, added them up, got an average, then subtracted my average driver speed after the jump. I then took the difference and divided it by the average fastest swings. 

Second protocol was eight weeks, my total for the fastest swings was 823.

823/8= 102.875

Driver speed was 94.6

102.875 - 94.6 = 8.275

Then I divided the difference between the two by the average of my fastest SuperSpeed swings.

8.275 / 102.875 = .0804

So, I saw an 8% difference between what I was doing in training and hitting a ball. 

I did the math for protocol 3, and saw a 10% difference. 

Like I said, that was from my experience and other people might see a different results. I think having the ball in front of you and trying to make solid contact makes you lose some of the speed from training. 

I'll be interested to see what some of the other testers saw and I didn't mean to jump in on a question for @revkev, but you piqued my curiosity. 

You pose an interesting question and I'm sure it'll be different from tester to tester, but I got out the numbers from the first go round with training and looked at what might be expected.
The method to my madness:
I took the average of my fastest heavy swings over the course of a protocol, added them up, got an average, then subtracted my average driver speed after the jump. I then took the difference and divided it by the average fastest swings. 
Second protocol was eight weeks, my total for the fastest swings was 823.
823/8= 102.875
Driver speed was 94.6
102.875 - 94.6 = 8.275
Then I divided the difference between the two by the average of my fastest SuperSpeed swings.
8.275 / 102.875 = .0804
So, I saw an 8% difference between what I was doing in training and hitting a ball. 
I did the math for protocol 3, and saw a 10% difference. 
Like I said, that was from my experience and other people might see a different results. I think having the ball in front of you and trying to make solid contact makes you lose some of the speed from training. 
I'll be interested to see what some of the other testers saw and I didn't mean to jump in on a question for [mention=16651]revkev[/mention], but you piqued my curiosity. 

A couple of more questions for both you and Rev.

1. After protocol 3 can you quantify an increase in your driver speed on the range or course using a LM?

2. The increase you saw with your driver - let's say it was 8% , as an example 100 mph going to 108. Did that transfer through your bag. Example say your 7i was 80 mph, after protocol 3, at 8% going from 80 to 86 mph?

Just trying to understand the results better and how they transfer to the course.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Rev, since you've been at it for a while: is the SS data directly transferable to on course results. In other words is your sense that 112mph SuperSpeed = 112 mph on the course? If not what's the differential on a percentage basis?

It would or does if I hit balls or go on the course right at the end of a protocol. I’ve tried, it works. The problem is that it doesn’t hold for much more than 45 minutes. :(

What does happen with time is the normal speeds go up. The hope would be that at the end of 72 weeks the top speeds with driver hold.

Also I’ve found that there is a lag between a jump with the sticks and a jump on course. There’s also some struggles with ball striking as jumps occur. My swing was great two weeks ago, right now it’s just off. I still shot 75 yesterday but that was because my short game was off the charts - plus 8.9 per ARCOSS.

I’m not analytical enough to do what sirchunks did plus this time around I’m not recording anything. But his assumptions seem accurate to me.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

15 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

1. After protocol 3 can you quantify an increase in your driver speed on the range or course using a LM?

2. The increase you saw with your driver - let's say it was 8% , as an example 100 mph going to 108. Did that transfer through your bag. Example say your 7i was 80 mph, after protocol 3, at 8% going from 80 to 86 mph?

Just trying to understand the results better and how they transfer to the course.

1. Definitely! I really didn't have many chances to get on a launch monitor, but the speed increase was there on the swing speed radar. Plus, I saw some of my longest drives last year according to Arccos. I think from start to finish I saw a total increase of 5.7% going from 89 to 96.5. 

2. I will say with my irons, I didn't see much of an increase. The potential is there with dry swings, I've see 75+ mph with a SW without a ball. I tend to be more cautious with them and swing with way too much tension, a problem I'm working on. 

1. Definitely! I really didn't have many chances to get on a launch monitor, but the speed increase was there on the swing speed radar. Plus, I saw some of my longest drives last year according to Arccos. I think from start to finish I saw a total increase of 5.7% going from 89 to 96.5. 
2. I will say with my irons, I didn't see much of an increase. The potential is there with dry swings, I've see 75+ mph with a SW without a ball. I tend to be more cautious with them and swing with way too much tension, a problem I'm working on. 

I feel you there! I was working on swinging more freely this winter on the Simulator (read: no worry about lost balls) and it was crazy the speed and distance increase you can see. I was seeing almost a full club difference in carry. Funny thing is I was probably more accurate too. But getting that to translate on course is going to take a lot of trust that I don’t think will happen until I can get out in the course and see some positive shots.

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I feel you there! I was working on swinging more freely this winter on the Simulator (read: no worry about lost balls) and it was crazy the speed and distance increase you can see. I was seeing almost a full club difference in carry. Funny thing is I was probably more accurate too. But getting that to translate on course is going to take a lot of trust that I don’t think will happen until I can get out in the course and see some positive shots.

I have severe mental trauma from a set I owned about 20 years ago that I'm still working out. I completely trust my irons, just not my ability to hit them. It's getting better, but I still have some work to do. 

14 hours ago, B.Boston said:

This is where I see a huge difference between my numbers with the sticks and the numbers on the actual course. Officially on Trackman, my best club speed (recorded last spring during Epic Flash testing) is 103.8 MPH. This was before working with a coach this past off season. After a grip change from the first lesson, I basically recorded 100 MPH during a Trackman session in December. Now, my carry was considerably better because of strike location and what not.

My stick numbers and "dry" swing numbers are considerably higher, and it's all mental for me. Now, I've definitely gotten faster at those with the sticks. And I have gotten slightly faster on the course, and occasionally I do record what I suspect are higher speeds than 103 MPH. Last summer I registered a handful of 290-plus carry and roll drives.

It all comes down to executing the shot on the course, and a lot of times I get tight or quick, or just don't put a good swing on the ball under pressure. 

With all that being said, I recorded some of my best swings ever during today's session. I hope they are indicative of the second "bump" because I've been plateaued for quite a while now.

Left radar screen is one of the final three green stick swings, and right screen is a dry swing with a driver. I really, really need to get out to the range and just work on busting loose because I know the speed is there.

IMG_27042020_125735_(800_x_800_pixel).jpg.b797dc9619e20c084c91f63d96725b0c.jpg

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

6 minutes ago, edingc said:

This is where I see a huge difference between my numbers with the sticks and the numbers on the actual course. Officially on Trackman, my best club speed (recorded last spring during Epic Flash testing) is 103.8 MPH. This was before working with a coach this past off season. After a grip change from the first lesson, I basically recorded 100 MPH during a Trackman session in December. Now, my carry was considerably better because of strike location and what not.

My stick numbers and "dry" swing numbers are considerably higher, and it's all mental for me. Now, I've definitely gotten faster at those with the sticks. And I have gotten slightly faster on the course, and occasionally I do record what I suspect are higher speeds than 103 MPH. Last summer I registered a handful of 290-plus carry and roll drives.

It all comes down to executing the shot on the course, and a lot of times I get tight or quick, or just don't put a good swing on the ball under pressure. 

With all that being said, I recorded some of my best swings ever during today's session. I hope they are indicative of the second "bump" because I've been plateaued for quite a while now.

Left radar screen is one of the final three green stick swings, and right screen is a dry swing with a driver. I really, really need to get out to the range and just work on busting loose because I know the speed is there.

IMG_27042020_125735_(800_x_800_pixel).jpg.b797dc9619e20c084c91f63d96725b0c.jpg

you start swinging that fast on the course that HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 isn't gonna hold up! 👍

My swingspeed with the blue stick only protocol has gone up to 103. I am itching to see how that translates into my real driver swing hitting a ball. I still don't understand why I swing faster when hitting a ball even though it feels much slower than swinging the blue stick.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I'm thinking the plateau is about over for me as I just started week 8. I'm consistently seeing better numbers on the radar, especially on the days I let it rip. For anyone who might be chosen for the 2020 test, you will have days that it's just not there, it happens. That being said, my numbers today were 117, 112, and 109 from the dominant side and every kneeling swing from that side topped 100. I think that might be a first.

I'm still tracking my weekly progress as a way to keep motivated.
Screenshot_20200427-182332_Excel.jpeg

There have been some up and downs along the way, but I'm hoping I'll see some positive progress if I get to do a swing test soon. Our driving range nets were shredded on Easter when the tornados got close to them. Sad thing is, I bought a range pass and still have 10-12 trips on it. It's the only range within 30 miles.
@edingc keep up the great work, those are some impressive numbers and it's been a pleasure watching you progress.

I did some dry swings today after my session just to see the potential in my irons. My 7 iron averaged 83 and my SW 72. There's no way I could take those swings to the course, but it was good to see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm thinking the plateau is about over for me as I just started week 8. I'm consistently seeing better numbers on the radar, especially on the days I let it rip. For anyone who might be chosen for the 2020 test, you will have days that it's just not there, it happens. That being said, my numbers today were 117, 112, and 109 from the dominant side and every kneeling swing from that side topped 100. I think that might be a first.

Screenshot_20200427-182332_Excel.jpeg.d15eb24f8942267b48a74c4d05cd47c0.jpeg

There have been some up and downs along the way, but I'm hoping I'll see some positive progress if I get to do a swing test soon. Our driving range nets were shredded on Easter when the tornados got close to them. Sad thing is, I bought a range pass and still have 10-12 trips on it. It's the only range within 30 miles.
[mention=84579]edingc[/mention] keep up the great work, those are some impressive numbers and it's been a pleasure watching you progress.

I did some dry swings today after my session just to see the potential in my irons. My 7 iron averaged 83 and my SW 72. There's no way I could take those swings to the course, but it was good to see.

Can't wait to see on course numbers for all of the testers. Interestingly enough I'm getting some traction with my OW so I could see a direct transfer from Swing Speed protocols to on course results.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

33 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Can't wait to see on course numbers for all of the testers. Interestingly enough I'm getting some traction with my OW so I could see a direct transfer from Swing Speed protocols to on course results.

I'll be interested to see the numbers the new group will see and those I will see tomorrow. I accidentally unpaired my Arccos putter sensor last week messing around trying to get it to work and Arccos won't keep stats if you don't have 8 clubs plus putter in play. The battery was dead anyway, so I bought the SuperStroke sensor and have it paired and ready to go.

I'm curious now how the OW will affect you game and hopefully we'll hear positive results.

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Screenshot_20200427-182332_Excel.jpeg

There have been some up and downs along the way, but I'm hoping I'll see some positive progress if I get to do a swing test soon. Our driving range nets were shredded on Easter when the tornados got close to them. Sad thing is, I bought a range pass and still have 10-12 trips on it. emoji24.png It's the only range within 30 miles.
@edingc keep up the great work, those are some impressive numbers and it's been a pleasure watching you progress.

Thanks for the nice words. It's been really fun to stick with the protocols and see progress.

Bummer to hear about your range. I'm in a similar situation right now. Michigan opened courses Friday, but clarified the ruling today to exclude driving ranges. 

I do have a tee time scheduled for next Tuesday morning, so I'm likely just going to need to shake the rust off on course.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I'll be interested to see the numbers the new group will see and those I will see tomorrow. I accidentally unpaired my Arccos putter sensor last week messing around trying to get it to work and Arccos won't keep stats if you don't have 8 clubs plus putter in play. The battery was dead anyway, so I bought the SuperStroke sensor and have it paired and ready to go.

I'm curious now how the OW will affect you game and hopefully we'll hear positive results.

If you check on OW's company YouTube, there's one on increasing SS. I'm using that for practice in my backyard. However, I think the real increase in SS is coming from footwork and better balance with the OW.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

For me it was quantifiable on the course - nearly 20 yards with driver and almost a club through the bag with irons per my shot scope app.

A great example came at Innisbrook - I had played one of the courses there a year prior. Back to back 400 yards. Prior to SuperSpeed they were driver, 5 hybrid and driver 5 wood - last year it was driver 9 iron, driver 7 iron. I could go at the pin over the trap with the 7 iron and went par, par v. Par, bogey.

I lost about 10 yards, when I stopped the protocols and most of the iron yardage - I’ve picked up 5 plus yards and a half a club on my irons so far after 10 weeks this go round - my recent numbers suggest that I will be back close to where I was when I left off.

I intend to continue through the summer this time.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I lost about 10 yards, when I stopped the protocols and most of the iron yardage - I’ve picked up 5 plus yards and a half a club on my irons so far after 10 weeks this go round - my recent numbers suggest that I will be back close to where I was when I left off.

Rev
That's interesting on the lost yards. Are you saying that stopping the protocols resulted in lost yardage? Another related question: do you have a physical training program and if so what impact (no pun intended) did that have.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Rev
That's interesting on the lost yards. Are you saying that stopping the protocols resulted in lost yardage? Another related question: do you have a physical training program and if so what impact (no pun intended) did that have.

To be clear, lost yards from when I was in the third level not from where I started.

Yes I work out but nothing golf specific per se. Band work, elliptical bike, lots of stairs - 17 flights today plus walking 18 holes 25,000 steps total.

I averaged 237 today. That’s right where I was in level 3 so just as I expected my distance is returning. It’s fairly dry for here but not super dry. We had lots of rain Friday and Saturday. Our conditions will continue to soften throughout the summer and be that way until November.

I’ve also moved back a half a set of tees

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev

I think some type of physical training can make a positive impact on it. Being on lockdown I havent been able to lift like I normally do and I've lost a cool 5 mph on my speed sticks. Now that's after a month of not really doing them either but the drop in power is definitely noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think some type of physical training can make a positive impact on it. Being on lockdown I havent been able to lift like I normally do and I've lost a cool 5 mph on my speed sticks. Now that's after a month of not really doing them either but the drop in power is definitely noticeable.

I didn’t hit like because I feel for your plight. Our restrictions haven’t been as severe as many. Every time I play golf I think about you guys and pray that your restrictions will loosen soon while actually praying that ours loosen slowly.

Fully agree on the conditioning stuff, anything is better than nothing. I suppose I could be more golf specific but I need to do other things in life, too. Preaching 5 times a week and teaching several classes can be a physical grind and then there’s the constant lifting of my daughter.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

8 hours ago, tchat07 said:

i had a pretty intense workout regiment over the winter from home using a Total Gym. Alternating every other day upper body and lower body. At 73, most of my peers are losing muscle and distance pretty quickly - I seemed to have stabilized and maybe even gained slightly. I have an objective of dramatically decreasing my Index this year - so one of components - frequent workouts will continue.  . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hey guys, this thread has gotten an insane amount of run in the 2 years it's been up. Let's keep this party going and transition over to the 2020 SuperSpeed thread. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch