hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Our Sponsors

Decided to use all of the current down time to get get back on the SuperSpeed train... at least until I got too close to the monitor and destroyed it. Was swinging the blue club around 120MPH right before it happened so... it's toast lol. Guess I'll be looking to purchase another one at some point, just not sure how soon I want to do that...
Definitely sorry to hear about the radar, that moment you know it's been hit gives you a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

Decided to use all of the current down time to get get back on the SuperSpeed train... at least until I got too close to the monitor and destroyed it. Was swinging the blue club around 120MPH right before it happened so... it's toast lol. Guess I'll be looking to purchase another one at some point, just not sure how soon I want to do that...

Sorry to hear that. Any chance you have a pic for the Swing Speed Radar obits on mygolfspy?

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex shaft

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB irons 4-6 regular flex

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 7 iron thru Gap Wedge with KBS C taper lite shaft

:mizuno-small: S 5 wedges. 56/16 and 60/06.

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

Right Handed. 

4 hours ago, joen said:

Sorry to hear that. Any chance you have a pic for the Swing Speed Radar obits on mygolfspy?

Sure do. Took me a while to find it after it landed in a bush. Only found 2 of the three batteries... Can't believe the PCB is in one piece, but it is scraped up pretty good. Guess I'm no Brooks, DJ, JT, or Rickie when swinging from the wrong side of the ball!

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

EDIT: Already found some good prices on eBay. Just not sure if I want to spend the money now because who knows if whoever is selling will actually be able to ship with COVID shutting everything down...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Sure do. Took me a while to find it after it landed in a bush. Only found 2 of the three batteries... Can't believe the PCB is in one piece, but it is scraped up pretty good. Guess I'm no Brooks, DJ, JT, or Rickie when swinging from the wrong side of the ball!
IMG_1279.thumb.jpg.131bf6de99f062185113a548d07726a8.jpg
IMG_1280.thumb.jpg.7c134a54efd6a575123ed4f4743801fe.jpg

I recognize that look!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I don’t know if this has been discussed here on this forum or not. If it has, I don’t remember it.  I have found my personal speeds on all sticks have increased 2-3 mph Over the past three sessions by making sure my trail hand is relaxed instead of being tight. Almost relaxed enough that my trail hand could come loose in the follow through (obviously it doesn’t). Thought I would share and I believe I will do the same on my real swings as well. 

• Like 3

Right Handed. 

I don’t know if this has been discussed here on this forum or not. If it has, I don’t remember it.  I have found my personal speeds on all sticks have increased 2-3 mph Over the past three sessions by making sure my trail hand is relaxed instead of being tight. Almost relaxed enough that my trail hand could come loose in the follow through (obviously it doesn’t). Thought I would share and I believe I will do the same on my real swings as well. 

Technique definitely matters. A part of the process is learning the little things that allow you to swing faster. I found something during yesterday’s workout that added a couple of mphs for me. :)

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Technique definitely matters. A part of the process is learning the little things that allow you to swing faster. I found something during yesterday’s workout that added a couple of mphs for me. :)

Care to share what that was.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

46 minutes ago, revkev said:

Technique definitely matters. A part of the process is learning the little things that allow you to swing faster. I found something during yesterday’s workout that added a couple of mphs for me. 🙂

Sharing is caring!  Lol. 

• Like 1

Right Handed. 

100% agree. I had my last session Sunday and was struggling with all sticks to get out of the 100-105 range. After finishing with all but my last three I was pretty frustrated. Most of the time since starting back, I was focusing on more of a controlled swing. During the last three I went with a faster, longer backswing and was able to hit speeds of 106, 113, and 111. Was telling my wife afterward I put a little more hitch in my giddy up and saw success.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I can share, sure, but what works for me may not for others.

I slowed my backswing down - I really wanted to focus on winding the coil up and the exploding through the ball.

• Like 4

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

During the last three I went with a faster, longer backswing and was able to hit speeds of 106, 113, and 111. 

23 minutes ago, revkev said:

I can share, sure, but what works for me may not for others.

I slowed my backswing down - I really wanted to focus on winding the coil up and the exploding through the ball.

Perfect illustration of this right here in the last two posts! 🤣

I'm in "more deliberate" backswing camp, though what I'm discovering is that it's really just the right tempo. I'm beginning to realize I get so "excited" to hit the ball/swing the sticks, that I really struggle with cutting my backswing off prematurely.

I'm definitely in plateau phase of the SuperSpeed sticks at the moment, but I'm seeing progress with my "dry" (no ball) driver swings and that's exciting. Hit 122 on the radar after my SuperSpeed-C workout this afternoon.

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 12, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT - Check out the pre-chatter thread!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra Black/Yellow Ultralight Cart Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to 7.5°), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°, set to 13.5°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow (Also: :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow)
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

Perfect illustration of this right here in the last two posts! 
I'm in "more deliberate" backswing camp, though what I'm discovering is that it's really just the right tempo. I'm beginning to realize I get so "excited" to hit the ball/swing the sticks, that I really struggle with cutting my backswing off prematurely.
I'm definitely in plateau phase of the SuperSpeed sticks at the moment, but I'm seeing progress with my "dry" (no ball) driver swings and that's exciting. Hit 122 on the radar after my SuperSpeed-C workout this afternoon.

Same here. I need to focus on completing my backswing, feeling a pause as the top, then starting down.

If you watch a video I don’t actually pause, but my sequencing is much better and I’m faster as a result.

Slow is smooth; Smooth is fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

Still not sure about the overall benefits of the SuperSpeed C stick, but I do like seeing the high numbers with it!

IMG_1620.JPG.b83445279da840deca8b619e1b13a545.JPG

• Like 7

Zoinks!  Is that a ghost?  👻 Check out our review thread for the N.S. Pro Modus3 Hybrid G.O.S.T. shaft.

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7 X flex
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2

I hit the heck out of the ball on the range today - lots of ball speeds in the mid 130’s and distances above 230.

It’s weird to slow that back swing down - going to take some time to get used to it.

• Like 5

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I hit the heck out of the ball on the range today - lots of ball speeds in the mid 130’s and distances above 230.

It’s weird to slow that back swing down - going to take some time to get used to it.

I often wonder if slowing down like this helps keep your sequencing correct.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I often wonder if slowing down like this helps keep your sequencing correct.  

I think it does

IMG_1708.JPG

This was a regular swing with the red stick today. That’s approaching a record for me.

• Like 3

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Still not sure about the overall benefits of the SuperSpeed C stick, but I do like seeing the high numbers with it!
IMG_1620.JPG.b83445279da840deca8b619e1b13a545.JPG
Game on haha. Might have to get the C stick if it gets me there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

[attachment=92614:IMG_1718.J

I did this today. I continue to feel a jump coming. Blue stayed at 111 and red around 110.

• Like 3

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Every time I try to get started on a Superspeed program, I get frustrated that the radar reads so low. Sometimes if I swing all out, it reads at like 70 mph. I have it on the golf setting and MPH. I believe that the device i receive is faulty, because its reading 30 mph lower than my actual swing speed. Tried to reach out to the company a long time back (way before any of the covid stuff was happening) and couldn't get a response. I think the radar is reading ok in terms of relative to itself. Should i just ignore that the radar reads so low and start the program?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 5/26/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Nippon Zelos 7 Hybrid S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

Every time I try to get started on a Superspeed program, I get frustrated that the radar reads so low. Sometimes if I swing all out, it reads at like 70 mph. I have it on the golf setting and MPH. I believe that the device i receive is faulty, because its reading 30 mph lower than my actual swing speed. Tried to reach out to the company a long time back (way before any of the covid stuff was happening) and couldn't get a response. I think the radar is reading ok in terms of relative to itself. Should i just ignore that the radar reads so low and start the program?
I would encourage you to go ahead with the program and use the radar just to see if you can see any increases in what it's reading. With all the lockdown stuff going on, it'll help keep you swinging a club. I can't remember if you have an at home practice area, but even if you do I'd still encourage you to do SuperSpeed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app