hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Our Sponsors

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Every time I try to get started on a Superspeed program, I get frustrated that the radar reads so low. Sometimes if I swing all out, it reads at like 70 mph. I have it on the golf setting and MPH. I believe that the device i receive is faulty, because its reading 30 mph lower than my actual swing speed. Tried to reach out to the company a long time back (way before any of the covid stuff was happening) and couldn't get a response. I think the radar is reading ok in terms of relative to itself. Should i just ignore that the radar reads so low and start the program?

I don’t think any of these Swing Speed radars are all that accurate compared to a Trackman. They do seem to be consistent with whatever speed they read however. I would just use 70 as your baseline and try to improve from there. Have you checked the batteries?

• Like 2

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex shaft

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB irons 4-6 regular flex

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 7 iron thru Gap Wedge with KBS C taper lite shaft

:mizuno-small: S 5 wedges. 56/16 and 60/06.

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

Right Handed. 

26 minutes ago, joen said:

I don’t think any of these Swing Speed radars are all that accurate compared to a Trackman. They do seem to be consistent with whatever speed they read however. I would just use 70 as your baseline and try to improve from there. Have you checked the batteries?

I changed the batteries and it remains the same.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 5/26/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Nippon Zelos 7 Hybrid S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

Every time I try to get started on a Superspeed program, I get frustrated that the radar reads so low. Sometimes if I swing all out, it reads at like 70 mph. I have it on the golf setting and MPH. I believe that the device i receive is faulty, because its reading 30 mph lower than my actual swing speed. Tried to reach out to the company a long time back (way before any of the covid stuff was happening) and couldn't get a response. I think the radar is reading ok in terms of relative to itself. Should i just ignore that the radar reads so low and start the program?

It’s always relative - you are looking for relative gains. Throughout the testing I had two devices - they were always 3-5 mph apart in what they read but they also always trended up.

The ultimate test isn’t even your swing speed on the course - it’s how far, how consistently and how accurately you’re hitting it, on the course. That’s the goal, to improve there.

Most of us have experienced variances in speed from measuring device to measuring device.

So go for it and don’t worry about the numbers, just the increases

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

IMG_1718.JPG

Green stick, RH, step change - I’m definitely going through a jump and I’m starting to see it on the course. :)

My top speed the first time around was 122 - I’m moving towards that much quicker this time. Of note I’ve moved into level 2 but am only doing twice a week and have not increased the reps from 3 to 4. I’m also resting longer between swings.

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

IMG_1718.thumb.JPG.8d80ccd1e60f62d8434d3829f7bf2f5f.JPG

Green stick, RH, step change - I’m definitely going through a jump and I’m starting to see it on the course. :)

My top speed the first time around was 122 - I’m moving towards that much quicker this time. Of note I’ve moved into level 2 but am only doing twice a week and have not increased the reps from 3 to 4. I’m also resting longer between swings.

Nice progress Rev!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

:taylormade-small: M5 10.5 Tensei CK Pro White 60

:ping-small: G30 5 Wood Tour 80

:titelist-small: 818 H1 23* Hybrid CK Blue

:titelist-small: AP2 714 5-GW C-Taper Lite

:vokey-small:  Slate Blue SM7 52.08F, 56.10S, 60.12D w/ Nippon Modus 125

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

Sun finally poked through in Bellingham after a long week of clouds and cold rain.

Not mad with the first dry swings with the new driver!

IMG_9009.jpg
  • Like 4

Set another record with the SuperSpeed C club today.  Now if only I could find a golf course or driving range that was actually open.  A private course in north-west Wisconsin recently said they would allow members to play so it will be interesting to see if the governor shuts them down or opens things up for other places around the state.

IMG_1630.JPG.5486701eef7e50518d6ddbab52cdeb11.JPG

• Like 6

Zoinks!  Is that a ghost?  👻 Check out our review thread for the N.S. Pro Modus3 Hybrid G.O.S.T. shaft.

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7 X flex
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2

Set another record with the SuperSpeed C club today.  Now if only I could find a golf course or driving range that was actually open.  A private course in north-west Wisconsin recently said they would allow members to play so it will be interesting to see if the governor shuts them down or opens things up for other places around the state.
IMG_1630.JPG.5486701eef7e50518d6ddbab52cdeb11.JPG
Dang man a 6 mph jump. It really must be making a difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Dang man a 6 mph jump. It really must be making a difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

When you swing 16 gazillion mph 6 mph is nothing. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

On 4/4/2020 at 7:53 AM, revkev said:

It’s always relative - you are looking for relative gains. Throughout the testing I had two devices - they were always 3-5 mph apart in what they read but they also always trended up.

The ultimate test isn’t even your swing speed on the course - it’s how far, how consistently and how accurately you’re hitting it, on the course. That’s the goal, to improve there.

Most of us have experienced variances in speed from measuring device to measuring device.

So go for it and don’t worry about the numbers, just the increases

Something about my radar measuring at 70 mph max just continues to frustrate me even though I know I am swinging much faster than that. 

Updated 5/26/2020
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

Something about my radar measuring at 70 mph max just continues to frustrate me even though I know I am swinging much faster than that. 

That is weird - will it register other speeds?

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

1 hour ago, revkev said:

That is weird - will it register other speeds?

Yeah, got it up to 80 mph today by playing around with the positioning. But that was about as high as i could get it to go. Got frustrated and ordered the new speed radar that superspeed golf is selling. They were nice enough to give me a discount even though i didnt purchase the swingspeed radar from them. They thing its faulty.

• Like 2

Updated 5/26/2020

I think that goes to show how good the SuperSpeed customer service is, and I'm glad to hear they gave you a discount on the PRGR. I'd like to hear some feedback on it after you've given it a go.

I just started week 6 after starting back quite a while ago. Some weeks I've only gotten one session in due to the rain we were getting, I count those as maintenance weeks. I'm curious to see what effect they'll have on gains and if it'll be better or worse than when I originally started training.

Hopefully you'll start seeing numbers that encourage you. This training is legit, but can be frustrating at times.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Is anyone doing the blue stick only protocol on here? I tried searching the thread but I don't think i used the right search terms.

Updated 5/26/2020

[mention]dlow206 [/mention] I haven’t heard of that one. What are you supposed to do with just the blue?

It would seem to go against their methodology to leave out the other sticks, but maybe if it was something you rotated in once a week or something like their ground force or lag drills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Is anyone doing the blue stick only protocol on here? I tried searching the thread but I don't think i used the right search terms.

is this what you were referring to?

https://par4success.com/articles/are-you-using-overspeed-correctly

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:   :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  :odyssey-small: Ten S 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Yes, based on that study, using the blue stick only

Updated 5/26/2020

I tried it twice - was very unimpressed.

• Like 3

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I used it for a couple of weeks.  I thought that if it showed promising results, I would post here.  Like @revkev I wasn't impressed.  I think SuperSpeed Golf has it right.  Someone was just trying to shortcut the protocol.  I suppose it could work for certain individuals, but I'm not a candidate.

• Like 3

Aging sucks...  Are you tough enough to get old?

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I tried it twice - was very unimpressed.

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I used it for a couple of weeks.  I thought that if it showed promising results, I would post here.  Like @revkev I wasn't impressed.  I think SuperSpeed Golf has it right.  Someone was just trying to shortcut the protocol.  I suppose it could work for certain individuals, but I'm not a candidate.

I am just starting up the program, and am going to try blue only and see how it goes. The blue stick only is the rage on GolfWRX right now, seems like some folks are seeing success.

• Like 1

Updated 5/26/2020