hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Our Sponsors

8 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I am just starting up the program, and am going to try blue only and see how it goes. The blue stick only is the rage on GolfWRX right now, seems like some folks are seeing success.

This part to me is fascinating.  I too have been following comments on GolfWRX regarding the blue stick only protocol. Some people swear by it. Really seems as though it jump started their progress that they weren’t seeing with the standard three stick protocol. Makes me wonder if neurologically some people respond better to less training....or were they overtraining with the three stick protocol?  I have no idea what the answer is....but it intrigues me. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex shaft

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB irons 4-6 regular flex

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 7 iron thru Gap Wedge with KBS C taper lite shaft

:mizuno-small: S 5 wedges. 56/16 and 60/06.

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

Right Handed. 

The idea of not having to max swing so many times is definitely intriguing especially if the results are same or even better. I've always had better results first with the blue so I wonder if those results will level out over time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Lots of thoughts here so I will try to organize them.

First, the number of full bore swings in the regular Super Speed program seems excessive to me particularly as we moved up levels and added swings. It was very tough on my then 62 year old body and I’m in relatively good shape for my age.

On a couple of occasions SuperSpeed golf acknowledged that their research showed that two workouts a week would be sufficient for obtaining maximum gains.

As I restarted the protocols this year I wanted to give the blue club only thing a try. I found that I was unable to get my speeds up anywhere near where I could when the blue followed the green and more importantly there was no impact to dry swings with the driver.

So I decided to do two regular workouts a week and not up the number of swings as my levels increased.

I’ve also increased the amount of rest time between swings.

I’ve been doing that since mid January and am seeing very good results on the radar and more recently on the golf course. My distances are getting back close to my top ones of last year and my ball striking has become solid as it was last year.

I’m sure that if you were doing nothing and moved to a blue stick only approach it will show an increase. Perhaps the blue stick only increases occur at a more steady rate than the three stick one with its jumps and plateaus thereby giving the illusion that it is working better at first. Perhaps there are some who benefit more from that way than the 3 club way. Perhaps not.

My guess is that the guys on WRX jumped ship too soon. I don’t blame them,those work outs are relentless and it can be hard to stick with them while not seeing results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Started on week 7 today which is the first week kneeling swings are introduced. I was actually dreading them, but they were not too bad. I was in the 90 mph range for all of them.

I haven't been able to get a driver speed reading yet, but with the range being closed down in not to worried about it. I tried hitting foam balls off a mat, that was a disaster. It just messes with me mentally.

SuperSpeed has been great during the current lockdown, it's nice to get out and do something that I know will benefit my game once I can get back out and play.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Started on week 7 today which is the first week kneeling swings are introduced. I was actually dreading them, but they were not too bad. I was in the 90 mph range for all of them.

I haven't been able to get a driver speed reading yet, but with the range being closed down in not to worried about it. I tried hitting foam balls off a mat, that was a disaster. It just messes with me mentally.

SuperSpeed has been great during the current lockdown, it's nice to get out and do something that I know will benefit my game once I can get back out and play.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I didn’t think that the kneeling ones were bad either. That ground in my yard is soft enough that it’s almost like I have a kneeling pad. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Today was a little weird... took some swing after loosening up I took some swings with my new M5.

I hit a personal record with a driver on the swing speed radar of 115! And I had a lot in the 110-112 range.

IMG_9212.thumb.jpg.2c3ba80f6122fb1c789630e7e95dfe4e.jpg

During my workout I barely managed to get the green stick above that number... only 117 for my highest.

Just figured I’d share because you don’t always see the progress in each session and from swing to swing, but last year when I jumped on the bandwagon my top speed was around 100mph and I ended last year around 108.

Superspeed and the radar has shown me what works and doesn’t to swing *fast* for me. I’m looking forward to continuing on as the weather cooperates a little more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Superspeed and the radar has shown me what works and doesn’t to swing *fast* for me. I’m looking forward to continuing on as the weather cooperates a little more.

I think this is one of the greatest benefits of SuperSpeed training. We all know that with the progression of sticks, you can and will swing them faster. But what I love is being able to figure out the moves in my swing that move the clubhead faster and be able to replicate them in a scenario where there are no negative repercussions. 

Congrats on the speed gains! 

• Like 3

I now have both the Swingspeed radar and the PRGR. I had thought the Swingspeed radar was reading low, but that seems not to be the case. The PRGR is very finicky to get a reading. Without pretty precise placement, you get no reading at all. Probably will just use the Swingspeed radar and use the PRGR as a basic launch monitor.

Not really sure what I am doing wrong with swinging the superspeed sticks, but definitely the radar reading is much lower than my Trackman/GCQuad swing speed. Sometimes my superspeed stick swings are measuring at the same speed as my average PW Trackman swingspeed 😞

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

What’s been remarkable to me this time around is how similar my fastest swings are to my actual swing.

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

21 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I now have both the Swingspeed radar and the PRGR. I had thought the Swingspeed radar was reading low, but that seems not to be the case. The PRGR is very finicky to get a reading. Without pretty precise placement, you get no reading at all. Probably will just use the Swingspeed radar and use the PRGR as a basic launch monitor.

Not really sure what I am doing wrong with swinging the superspeed sticks, but definitely the radar reading is much lower than my Trackman/GCQuad swing speed. Sometimes my superspeed stick swings are measuring at the same speed as my average PW Trackman swingspeed 😞

Is it possible that you are working through a plateau?

What’s been remarkable to me this time around is how similar my fastest swings are to my actual swing.

Yeah my green swings are all in the same ball park and my actual driver swings on the radar right now.

I’ll have to really focus when I do my next session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#cuetheduckboats

15 minutes ago, Pug said:

Is it possible that you are working through a plateau?

Not really sure what my issue is. Sometimes I will make what I think are fast swings with the superspeed sticks and the radars will read at like 75 mph. 

I am not an overinflator about my swing speeds, my last Trackman Pitching Wedge average swing speed was about 75 mph. 

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

On 4/14/2020 at 7:35 PM, B.Boston said:

Today was a little weird... took some swing after loosening up I took some swings with my new M5.

I hit a personal record with a driver on the swing speed radar of 115! And I had a lot in the 110-112 range.

IMG_9212.thumb.jpg.2c3ba80f6122fb1c789630e7e95dfe4e.jpg

During my workout I barely managed to get the green stick above that number... only 117 for my highest.

Just figured I’d share because you don’t always see the progress in each session and from swing to swing, but last year when I jumped on the bandwagon my top speed was around 100mph and I ended last year around 108.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are "dry" swings without hitting a ball correct? Nice work!

Yes, there is a point of limited returns in regards to the actual numbers obtained with the sticks. I am nearly through protocol two (subbing feet together for kneeling) and there are days where things just align and I'm "fast" and days where I'm "slow." I'm sure radar position is some of it, but it's not uncommon for me to suddenly have a day where I hit 140 with the green stick, 130 with blue and 120 with red, but then have a day where I can't get the green above 130.

The SuperSpeed-C club has been interesting. I'm not seeing quite the speed that @Bucky CC is getting, but I did hit 145 last week. I don't know if this means much, but for a few weeks after starting the C protocols, my speeds really jumped (3-5 MPH) with the regular sticks and dry driver swings. They have settled down some lately, though I've been lazy with my stretching and also have been lifting much heavier since having a home gym with full squat rack is very handy in a stay-at-home situation.

• Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

1 minute ago, edingc said:

These are "dry" swings without hitting a ball correct? Nice work!

Yes, there is a point of limited returns in regards to the actual numbers obtained with the sticks. I am nearly through protocol two (subbing feet together for kneeling) and there are days where things just align and I'm "fast" and days where I'm "slow." I'm sure radar position is some of it, but it's not uncommon for my to suddenly have a day where I hit 140 with the green stick, 130 with blue and 120 with red, but then have a day where I can't get the green above 130.

The SuperSpeed-C club has been interesting. I'm not seeing quite the speed that @Bucky CC is getting, but I did hit 145 last week. I don't know if this means much, but for a few weeks after starting the C protocols, my speeds really jumped (3-5 MPH) with the regular sticks and dry driver swings. They have settled down some lately, though I've been lazy with my stretching and also have been lifting much heavier since having a home gym with full squat rack is very handy in a stay-at-home situation.

Yeah, all dry swings.  But I try to focus on a "real swing" as much as I can.  Even going as far picking a blade of grass that is my tee and putting a swing that I think would result in a good hit.

I certainly have fast and slow days that can vary by as much as 10 MPH... But i've been really happy seeing a lot of dry driver swings in the 110 range this spring.  Some days I feel tight and other days I feel fast too, maybe I should get into a bit of a Yoga routine and loosen up while working from home.  

The SuperSpeed-C club is interesting to me.  I would describe my swing as having "dead hands" so I wonder if something like this would build up a little extra speed without making me flippy.

• Like 2

#cuetheduckboats

On 4/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, revkev said:

As I restarted the protocols this year I wanted to give the blue club only thing a try. I found that I was unable to get my speeds up anywhere near where I could when the blue followed the green and more importantly there was no impact to dry swings with the driver.

So I decided to do two regular workouts a week and not up the number of swings as my levels increased.

Rev, did you do all 3 clubs or just the 2 lighter clubs?

WITB

G400 10.5 

M2 3HL

Titleist 818 3 and 4 hybrid 

Ping G15 5-gap

Vokey SM7 54 degrees 

Vokey SM6 58 degrees 

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

Rev, did you do all 3 clubs or just the 2 lighter clubs?

All three - I think SuperSpeed’s theory is right. I believe it needs to be adjusted based upon age and physical conditioning. So I whole heartedly endorse the two lighter than and one heavier approach. I’ve just reduced the number of swings and rest periods between them.

• Like 2

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

On 4/16/2020 at 11:26 AM, edingc said:

If it makes you feel better I haven't matched the 156 swing since posting it two weeks ago.  I am seeing pretty steady progress with the final swing of the SS-C protocol though.  My 6 weeks have finished at 135-144-145-145-145-150.

It definitely feels like the C club will lead to smaller incremental gains and not the huge jumps like most of us saw doing the regular protocols.  I haven't been able to test my actual driver speeds in quite a while but the golf courses here in Wisconsin are being allowed to open on April 24th (with a lot of social distancing guidelines put in place).  Hopefully I'll be able to play again soon.

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

Started level two today. Did I ever mention how much I hate the kneeling swings? I did do better than I remembered though - hit 98 with the green - I only did 2 each

• Like 2

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Is anyone using these sticks with a Swing Caddy 200? I'm finding that the speeds register much slower with it than when I use my driver.

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Started level two today. Did I ever mention how much I hate the kneeling swings? I did do better than I remembered though - hit 98 with the green - I only did 2 each

I'm with you on that, I always hated the kneeling swings. I am finding them to be easier now that I'm back on level 2 with swing speeds similar to yours. I saw some between 95-97 for all my sticks. 

1 hour ago, Phazoni said:

Is anyone using these sticks with a Swing Caddy 200? I'm finding that the speeds register much slower with it than when I use my driver.

I didn't think the SC200 picked up days without a ball. Don't quote me on that, but I thought it only registered when you actually hit something and not just swing. 

• Like 1