hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Our Sponsors

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I didn't think the SC200 picked up days without a ball. Don't quote me on that, but I thought it only registered when you actually hit something and not just swing. 

Ah. That explains a lot then.

• Like 1

The Superspeed protocol has taught me a lot about swinging and such. What I think is amazing to think about is how there really are days where you just cannot swing as fast because of tightness or soreness or tiredness. Yet the pros go out there and compete 4 days in a row, just increases my level of appreciation for what they do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I didn't think the SC200 picked up days without a ball. Don't quote me on that, but I thought it only registered when you actually hit something and not just swing. 

That's correct - it even says it in their literature.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I did something today that I was never able to do during the whole time I have been training.20200419_180130.jpeg
Third swing green stick. To anyone new following this thread, I was originally fitted into the senior set due to an initial swing speed of 89 mph and having a driver that weighed 279 grams. So the green stick is actually my middle stick, with the blue being my heavy.

I'm really excited and feeling the motivation now and want to just encourage whomever gets selected for the 2020 review, you're in for a treat and this training works. I can't wait till the local driving range opens back up and see where I'm at.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 7

I did something today that I was never able to do during the whole time I have been training.20200419_180130.jpeg.9727739c0ec6035bf234ab4e13c1db1b.jpeg
Third swing green stick. To anyone new following this thread, I was originally fitted into the senior set due to an initial swing speed of 89 mph and having a driver that weighed 279 grams. So the green stick is actually my middle stick, with the blue being my heavy.

I'm really excited and feeling the motivation now and want to just encourage whomever gets selected for the 2020 review, you're in for a treat and this training works. I can't wait till the local driving range opens back up and see where I'm at.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Double like! Keep it up man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus Wedge 125

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

Just started the program, I have lots of spare time right now, and the weather is nice enough to swing in the yard.... hope to see some gains like others that have posted!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is anyone using these sticks with a Swing Caddy 200? I'm finding that the speeds register much slower with it than when I use my driver.

Swing Caddie does not accurately record dry swings. I always found it about 3 mph slower than the radar that Super Speed provided when hitting real balls.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I had a random thought about whether height has any impact on swing speed or not. I know on the PGA Tour, there are players considered to be shorter that swing as fast or faster than the taller guys. But I believe that most of those "shorter" players are at least 5'9" or 5'10".

Anyone on the shorter end of the spectrum on here been able to get there swing speed into the high range (above 110mph). For reference, I am 5'5" on a good day with shoes.

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 5/26/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Nippon Zelos 7 Hybrid S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

30 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I had a random thought about whether height has any impact on swing speed or not. I know on the PGA Tour, there are players considered to be shorter that swing as fast or faster than the taller guys. But I believe that most of those "shorter" players are at least 5'9" or 5'10".

Anyone on the shorter end of the spectrum on here been able to get there swing speed into the high range (above 110mph). For reference, I am 5'5" on a good day with shoes.

I'm alllllllll of 5'4 and a half.  My max driver swing on the radar has been 115 and max with the green stick has been 126.  I believe rory is only 5'8, and rickie says he "listed" at 5'9 "in spikes."

I also have been using 44.5 and 45 inch drivers, so shorter than retail standard today.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus Wedge 125

8 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I'm alllllllll of 5'4 and a half.  My max driver swing on the radar has been 115 and max with the green stick has been 126.  I believe rory is only 5'8, and rickie says he "listed" at 5'9 "in spikes."

I also have been using 44.5 and 45 inch drivers, so shorter than retail standard today.

Where were you at when you first started the Superspeed program?

Updated 5/26/2020
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

100 was my highest on the radar before starting. And I was at 108 after the first six weeks.

So Far this year I’m getting 110-112 frequently as I get back into training and swinging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've just started my 3rd week on the blue only protocol. I have definitely seen improvement. Here is the change:

• Starting speed (blue): 72 mph - I still haven't figured out why my speed is so slow with the sticks compared to actual validated driver swing speed on Trackman (30 mph less)
  • Current top speed (blue): 100 mph - I definitely feel like I am swinging a lot faster. I must have been doing something really wrong with how I was swinging the sticks previously.
  • Like 4

Updated 5/26/2020

100 was my highest on the radar before starting. And I was at 108 after the first six weeks.

So Far this year I’m getting 110-112 frequently as I get back into training and swinging.

That's quite an improvement. I was led to believe that the average was 5%. You've doubled that already. Nice!

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

That's quite an improvement. I was led to believe that the average was 5%. You've doubled that already. Nice!

I think I’ve gotten some from just learning how I can swing faster from a technical standpoint on top of the training.

For example I really wasn’t able to use the training much over the winter, but got some improvements from swinging in the simulator at work and seeing what resulted in higher speeds there as well.

I’ll be ecstatic if I can myself to be consistently in the 113-115 range with my driver.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

I think I’ve gotten some from just learning how I can swing faster from a technical standpoint on top of the training.

For example I really wasn’t able to use the training much over the winter, but got some improvements from swinging in the simulator at work and seeing what resulted in higher speeds there as well.

I’ll be ecstatic if I can myself to be consistently in the 113-115 range with my driver. emoji106.png

You’ve got a simulator at work?! Damn, my life sucks.

• Like 3

You’ve got a simulator at work?! Damn, my life sucks.

Haha yes. I have access to a full swing golf simulator with the e6 software in the gym in my office building. Before Covid-19 shut down the building I was able to play a round in about 20 minutes (no putting).

It was pretty awesome. They even have some clubs there to use which were newer versions of my irons, and I used the 3 wood off the tee. Not perfect, but still pretty awesome. I was feeling fresh and ready for the season but now I haven’t hit a ball in what feels like forever!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Haha yes. I have access to a full swing golf simulator with the e6 software in the gym in my office building. Before Covid-19 shut down the building I was able to play a round in about 20 minutes (no putting).

It was pretty awesome. They even have some clubs there to use which were newer versions of my irons, and I used the 3 wood off the tee. Not perfect, but still pretty awesome. I was feeling fresh and ready for the season but now I haven’t hit a ball in what feels like forever!

Are they hiring? 😉

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 7:12 PM, tony@CIC said:

That's correct - it even says it in their literature.

Looks like I will be building a hitting net, since I also have a Voice Caddy 200.

• Like 1

Are they hiring?

I’m sure we will be once things open back up again! Haha

Looking for work in MA? DM me your resume and I’ll FW it along, but you can work for any of the companies in the building and have access to the gym.

• Like 2