TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

IMG_1381.thumb.JPG.5175bdcd6ffc0bed6e785a62062249c4.JPG

My week two is in the books. I’m a year older than when it started and significantly faster with the lightest, green stick, all colors left handed and step throughs.

Interestingly my fastest swing was the last one of the week at 109 nearly 20 percent over my initial driver speed of 91.

In fact my last three swings were 107, 103, 109. Not bad! I believe I reached those numbers because I visualized the step through will executing a traditional swing. The swings were as fast as I could make them but I really felt as if I could have hit shots with them if I had driver in hand.

I’m not quite where I should be with the blue and red clubs according to the promotional material but I’m convinced that’s in my head.

I intend to hit the range tomorrow. I will be interested to see how I hit it and if there is any residual SS gain starting to emerge - there should be.

Also I’m with the other testers who love the dynamic warm up. I have every intention of using that as a part of my warm up to play or practice.

Finally I know that Daisy lives in the part of Florida impacted by Michael. I hope and pray that she’s okay and that none of her property was damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Interesting reading the SuperSpeed Case Study up on the blog this morning (https://mygolfspy.com/case-study-superspeed-golf-training-system/). I realized after reading this though that I may have misunderstood the Before/After Driver speeds from the recording chart. In the blog they talk about the SuperSpeed training cycle with speed Jumps, Normalization, and Plateaus. Since I am not able to record a ball striking Driver speed immediately after my training sessions, and am instead measuring a before and after each week (not after a session) I cannot calculate a "jump" speed.

Is anyone recording their Driver swing speed before and after each session?

Also for reference, here is the training cycle chart from the blog:

Capture.JPG

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

But we are also testing their new protocol Kegger so it could be different for us than this.

I also wondered about it.

We do have those last three swings with the green club in our protocol - that may be how we are measuring the jump - I hope so because the last two sessions I’ve seen significant gains in SS and yesterday my last swing was my fastest swing. My jump was 5.1 mph yesterday on the 3 swing average from the first time through with the green.

The thing that I appreciated about the blog post was that it was a reminder that we are retraining our brains. That’s going to take time.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just finished week 2 of the Level 1 protocol.  My max speed with the lightest club (green) were actually down for both my right and left-handed swings.  I'm guessing this had to do with the fact that one of my sessions was a couple of hours after walking 18 holes, and another session was done at 6am after staying up a bit too late the night before.  Like any workout program there are going to be good days and bad days.

I was happy to see increases in the Blue and Red clubs so the week wasn't a total washout.

week 2 results.JPG

I've played two rounds since starting the training program.  Both times I started poorly off the tee, but after a few holes caught myself trying to go for max speed rather than a controlled drive in the fairway.  After recognizing what I was doing my tee game was back to normal.  Unfortunately it's been very wet here the last few weeks so I couldn't compare drive distance accurately since there was little to no roll.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

12 minutes ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

Just finished week 2 of the Level 1 protocol.  My max speed with the lightest club (green) were actually down for both my right and left-handed swings.  I'm guessing this had to do with the fact that one of my sessions was a couple of hours after walking 18 holes, and another session was done at 6am after staying up a bit too late the night before.  Like any workout program there are going to be good days and bad days.

I was happy to see increases in the Blue and Red clubs so the week wasn't a total washout.

week 2 results.JPG

I've played two rounds since starting the training program.  Both times I started poorly off the tee, but after a few holes caught myself trying to go for max speed rather than a controlled drive in the fairway.  After recognizing what I was doing my tee game was back to normal.  Unfortunately it's been very wet here the last few weeks so I couldn't compare drive distance accurately since there was little to no roll.

Remember, Daisy said to NOT do the Protocol after playing.  Great numbers BTW!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Remember, Daisy said to NOT do the Protocol after playing.  Great numbers BTW!!

You sound like my wife!  I knew I shouldn't do the training after playing, but it was the only time I could get it in without falling behind schedule.  I guess that's what makes us such great test subjects for this.  Sure a pro golfer can see amazing speed increases when they have a tightly controlled routine, but what happens when regular people with unpredictable schedules take on the program?

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

52 minutes ago, revkev said:

But we are also testing their new protocol Kegger so it could be different for us than this.

The chart is definitely referencing their new protocol. The Levels, and their associated week, line up with the new information, not the old. In the end, the final numbers will still match up, we just won't be able to show a pretty graph with before and after session numbers, so we won't see the "jump". Our graphs will just be a single line showing our overall speed increase over time, which, let's be honest, that's what everyone here cares about!

Week two is done! I've seen a pretty good jump in my left handed swing, I think I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable with it and my body seems to be adjusting to it. The soreness has dissipated a lot, I can't say enough about the dynamic warm-up. I'm actually closer to touching my toes!

I only saw a 1-3 mph increase in my swings right handed over the first week, but the eleven hour work days are taxing. The good thing is, SuperSpeed is a 72 week program so I'm confident I'll see some good gains.

I have to put in a 5 hour day at work tomorrow, then it's off to the golf course. One of the best things about SuperSpeed is I can justify playing to the wife. Science, baby! I'll be taking the radar and check for any gains.20181012_194646.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I just finished my second round after starting the SuperSpeed program. My swing speed actually regressed with my driver. Over eight holes that I recorded my speed, my average was 89 mph. That's my starting speed, I had a high of 92 and a low of 87.

The positive thing is, you don't have a permanent jump in speed until after the sixth week. It could also have something to do with playing after work. It was a long week, sixty hours after it was all said and done.

The concerns about driver accuracy are starting to go away, as it was back to normal. My accuracy had a long way to go to be great, but the dispersion seemed to be better.

I'm still positive that SuperSpeed will be a positive change in my game. It's a 72 week program and changes are not going to happen overnight. I'll start week 3 in the morning. It's a fun program and I'm looking forward to sharing it with all of you.

You sound like my wife!  I knew I shouldn't do the training after playing, but it was the only time I could get it in without falling behind schedule.  I guess that's what makes us such great test subjects for this.  Sure a pro golfer can see amazing speed increases when they have a tightly controlled routine, but what happens when regular people with unpredictable schedules take on the program?

I think this is exactly right. MGS did a great job with this group. We have a variety of jobs and schedules as well as ages and locations. I could imagine a scenario where I play and then do the protocol. I’m trying hard to avoid that but it’s hard to imagine going 6 weeks without it happening at least once.

No one else has commented on this but I’m not having any soreness afterwards now. The last two sessions my fastest swing was my last one.

I’m off Thursday through Sunday this week. I intend to do the protocol on Thursday morning and then head to Bayou and play a few holes in the afternoon just to see what that’s like.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I think this is exactly right. MGS did a great job with this group. We have a variety of jobs and schedules as well as ages and locations. I could imagine a scenario where I play and then do the protocol. I’m trying hard to avoid that but it’s hard to imagine going 6 weeks without it happening at least once.

No one else has commented on this but I’m not having any soreness afterwards now. The last two sessions my fastest swing was my last one.

I’m off Thursday through Sunday this week. I intend to do the protocol on Thursday morning and then head to Bayou and play a few holes in the afternoon just to see what that’s like.

Have fun out on the course and hit them long and straight.
I went back and looked through my book and saw that you are pretty much spot on about the last 3. Out of seven sessions so far, my last set held the fastest speed five times. My last 3 this morning were 103, 103, 104. These are my fastest so far in the testing. I even hit 100 during the step change left handed with the lightest club. That's a personal best.

you guys are mentioning that the soreness is gone now after 2 weeks into the program. 

I wonder if that is a good thing?

With exercising and say for this purpose let's compare it to jogging. As one jogs and conituously does the same route and same mileage, there comes a point where he is no longer taxing his body,  hence the benefits start diminishing. So the jogger starts going for the extra miles and now once again is feeling exhausted and getting sore again. The benefits are now starting again.- cardio and leg muscles. and the same principle can be applied to say weight lifting. when you start lifting the same weight effortlessly, their no longer is a benefit to what he is trying to achieve. 

As you progress do the reps increase or does the length of the workout increase? 

BTW, you guys have my admiration and respect for doing this. It is not easy to commit to a fitness program and stick with the regiment. Kudos to you all.

Keep it up.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

you guys are mentioning that the soreness is gone now after 2 weeks into the program. 

I wonder if that is a good thing?

With exercising and say for this purpose let's compare it to jogging. As one jogs and conituously does the same route and same mileage, there comes a point where he is no longer taxing his body,  hence the benefits start diminishing. So the jogger starts going for the extra miles and now once again is feeling exhausted and getting sore again. The benefits are now starting again.- cardio and leg muscles. and the same principle can be applied to say weight lifting. when you start lifting the same weight effortlessly, their no longer is a benefit to what he is trying to achieve. 

As you progress do the reps increase or does the length of the workout increase? 

BTW, you guys have my admiration and respect for doing this. It is not easy to commit to a fitness program and stick with the regiment. Kudos to you all.

Keep it up.

Thanks for following along Har, and I'm enjoying reading about the Ping i500 test, you guys are knocking it out of the park.

To answer your question, the protocols will change to add more reps. The level 1 protocol is 3 reps each side from light to medium to heavy doing regular swings and a step change.

I'll add in, a lot of my soreness is from swinging left handed. My lower back near my hip is not used to that kind of torque with the acceleration and deceleration. If you saw my swing speeds, you would ask, what torque? There's no torque that slow.

I hope this helps answer your question, there's no doubt we'll have some new soreness coming up in a few weeks. The dynamic warm-up is also great for getting our bodies ready for each session.

Can't wait to read your stage 2, you have me curious about what you hit 200 yards. I appreciate you following along.

looking good fellas, sounds like the winter months will see a significant increase in speed if the superspeed chart is accurate about a jump at month 4-6 after a plateau initially.

Best time to work on it I think, then the sequencing can 'marry up' early spring.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

@ Har in the Hat

Super Speed is not about fitness it is about retraining the mind to allow the body to swing the club faster.  Because golf is a physical activity and especially because we often fail to train our non-dominant muscle groups it makes sense that there would be some initial soreness - stuff is being used that here to fore hasn't.  Physical conditioning though is not the goal.  I know that we had a bit of difficulty understanding this as a group at first so it's important to communicate that here as often as possible.

I might add that the case study in the blog was informative in this regard.  The professional golfer in question had spent a year doing physical training to increase his SS with very little result.  He has had a great experience with SS. 

Future protocols do add additional drills but I believe these are added to allow us to swing faster still and continue to reprogram our minds to swinging at a higher rate.  It's hard to describe the feeling of your SS going from around 90 to almost 110 in a couple of weeks even if that higher speed is with a lighter non-club and doesn't hold.  It feels very strange and really powerful.  I don't know that I ever swung a club that fast given that when I was young enough to we still had wooden drivers with very heavy metal shafts (or the earlier advent of metal woods like the things that Nifty keeps showing us)  I know that my SS was in the low/mid 100's in the early 2000's - that's when I started paying attention to those things so I'm faster with the lightest, green club, now than I was with a driver then. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

It's hard to describe the feeling of your SS going from around 90 to almost 110 in a couple of weeks even if that higher speed is with a lighter non-club and doesn't hold.  It feels very strange and really powerful.  I don't know that I ever swung a club that fast given that when I was young enough to we still had wooden drivers with very heavy metal shafts (or the earlier advent of metal woods like the things that Nifty keeps showing us)  I know that my SS was in the low/mid 100's in the early 2000's - that's when I started paying attention to those things so I'm faster with the lightest, green club, now than I was with a driver then. 

This! I am definitely swinging much faster now than I have ever done previously. I noticed yesterday on the course that my practice driver swing is A LOT faster than it was previously. My club head is making quite a bit different sound through the air than it used to. Unfortunately, my brain still gets messed up by that stupid little ball on the tee and I'm not experiencing the same speed when actually swinging at the ball (yet). I feel like I should start teeing up a ball when I'm doing the SuperSpeed protocol just so I can get my brain used to seeing a ball while I'm swinging fast... I just need to make sure I don't hit it!

looking good fellas, sounds like the winter months will see a significant increase in speed if the superspeed chart is accurate about a jump at month 4-6 after a plateau initially.
Best time to work on it I think, then the sequencing can 'marry up' early spring.
I'm glad you mentioned sequencing. That's been on my mind a lot the last couple of days. I've never taken a lesson and doing the step change I've noticed a difference on how the hips are firing. I can't seem to make progress with the regular swing, but the step change, oh yeah.

There's only between a 2 and 5 percent increase in my normal swings with all the SS clubs, on average. Guess I need to ingrain that feeling from the step change.

25 minutes ago, Kegger said:

This! I am definitely swinging much faster now than I have ever done previously. I noticed yesterday on the course that my practice driver swing is A LOT faster than it was previously. My club head is making quite a bit different sound through the air than it used to. Unfortunately, my brain still gets messed up by that stupid little ball on the tee and I'm not experiencing the same speed when actually swinging at the ball (yet). I feel like I should start teeing up a ball when I'm doing the SuperSpeed protocol just so I can get my brain used to seeing a ball while I'm swinging fast... I just need to make sure I don't hit it!

This is interesting, and I suspect that you're not alone in this. One challenge with any swing change or training aid is keeping the change when the swing focus changes. It's easier to shallow a swing plane, for instance, on a practice swing, and then abandon that motion altogether when you actually have to get a ball on target. I have no doubt the same thing is true with the SuperSpeed system, when trying to make shots on a course.

So here's a thought (I wish we had a rep from SuperSpeed in this thread to answer questions): would there be any value in an underweighted club that could hit balls? It would seem that something like this could help on the range with the transition from the target-less full-bore swings of the practice sticks to an actual club. Has anyone done something like this?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Does anyone notice that when you are swinging with the monitor right in front of you, the number pops up, you tend to try and swing harder to beat that number?  And of course in doing so, the number is actually less.  I tend to swing harder for some reason.  But when I don't look at that the number and just swing, the numbers actually stay the same or even higher.  I guess that's the training of the brain?  Thoughts?

Also, my first round over the weekend didn't go as well as I'd hoped.  I was all over the place with all the clubs distance wise.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Does anyone notice that when you are swinging with the monitor right in front of you, the number pops up, you tend to try and swing harder to beat that number?  And of course in doing so, the number is actually less.  I tend to swing harder for some reason.  But when I don't look at that the number and just swing, the numbers actually stay the same or even higher.  I guess that's the training of the brain?  Thoughts?
Also, my first round over the weekend didn't go as well as I'd hoped.  I was all over the place with all the clubs distance wise.  

This is also a problem hitting balls back to back on a range or simulator. You always try to make the next one better and it generally doesn’t go well.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Have any of you done the excercises and then practice? I’m thinking of getting this for the winter but my only time to do it would be before I practice after work

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

@Golfnut - I'm starting to learn the difference between harder and faster - I can't quite articulate that difference yet but I'm pretty well spot on when I think - I was faster with that swing than the last one and very close at predicting the number that it will be.  Super Speed certainly teaches that effort is not what produces great speed - it's timing - when you hit the time with that step through the number pops and it's effortless!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

11 minutes ago, revkev said:

@Golfnut - I'm starting to learn the difference between harder and faster - I can't quite articulate that difference yet but I'm pretty well spot on when I think - I was faster with that swing than the last one and very close at predicting the number that it will be.  Super Speed certainly teaches that effort is not what produces great speed - it's timing - when you hit the time with that step through the number pops and it's effortless!

Precisely that.
Hard is not fast. The harder you try to hit the ball, the more tension you put into your arms, the slower you tend to swing.

It's easy to focus on "hitting the ball", but then you see the ball as your end point and as if you're smacking an axe into a tree trunk. The reality is that hitting a golf ball effectively requires tremendously little force in human terms, so seeing the swing as being something you want to do quickly and the impact with the golf ball as being just an incidental collision in the middle of the swing will generally produce better results.

Think "swing fast, with the path passing through the ball" rather than "hit the ball" and you'll get speed with far less effort.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

One of the guys that I played with on Saturday made the comment that having the monitor was like a carnival game. I think you're on to something with this thought. I know I kept trying to crank it out, which was absurd. My buddy was anywhere between 105-112, I can't do that....yet. I will say he was all over the place, but dang, that was impressive.

I've noticed the harder is not faster thing too. I remember growing up playing baseball it was the same thing. You try to strangle the bat and you'll have terrible results. Stay loose and feel like the bat may slip out of your hands and you can crush some balls.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

@ Har in the Hat
Super Speed is not about fitness it is about retraining the mind to allow the body to swing the club faster.  Because golf is a physical activity and especially because we often fail to train our non-dominant muscle groups it makes sense that there would be some initial soreness - stuff is being used that here to fore hasn't.  Physical conditioning though is not the goal.  I know that we had a bit of difficulty understanding this as a group at first so it's important to communicate that here as often as possible.

I might add that the case study in the blog was informative in this regard.  The professional golfer in question had spent a year doing physical training to increase his SS with very little result.  He has had a great experience with SS. 

Future protocols do add additional drills but I believe these are added to allow us to swing faster still and continue to reprogram our minds to swinging at a higher rate.  It's hard to describe the feeling of your SS going from around 90 to almost 110 in a couple of weeks even if that higher speed is with a lighter non-club and doesn't hold.  It feels very strange and really powerful.  I don't know that I ever swung a club that fast given that when I was young enough to we still had wooden drivers with very heavy metal shafts (or the earlier advent of metal woods like the things that Nifty keeps showing us)  I know that my SS was in the low/mid 100's in the early 2000's - that's when I started paying attention to those things so I'm faster with the lightest, green club, now than I was with a driver then. 
thanks for that Rev.
understood.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Week 2:
Another week, another post!

I don’t have a Driver swing speed update this week because the course I played yesterday didn’t have a range. I can confirm however, that the warm-up routine supplied by SuperSpeed Golf does wonders pre-round. I am normally one of those who needs 30-40 balls on the range to feel ready for the first tee, so being a on a course without a range, I normally take a few holes to get warm. Yesterday, following the SuperSpeed warm-up, I got to the tee feeling fully ready to start the round and par’d the first hole right out of the gate!

There has been a lot of concern in the thread about swing sequencing and how the SuperSpeed program could negatively impact it. For this reason, I was very focused during my round on observing any inconsistencies off the tee. Personally, I didn’t notice anything off with my swing, everything felt normal. I will add  that I already have a significant over-the-top move in my normal swing, so this could be the reason I am not seeing any sequencing issues (I believe the people mentioning swing sequencing issues made reference to feeling like they were coming over the top more?). During the round, I hit 8/13 fairways, which is the same as my average prior to starting the SuperSpeed training. As for distance, I wasn’t measuring, but I didn’t notice any gains or losses in yardage, this is something I will have to make a point of measuring going forward. 

To the numbers we go! My right handed swings have continued to increase, and even though my maximum speeds aren’t increasing a lot, I am seeing more numbers near my maximum than during the first week. My left hand swings, on the other hand (pun intended?), actually decreased a couple mph. I don’t have any speculation as to why for now, but I will be interested to see if I can get those numbers trending upwards over the next week.

SSG - Week 2.PNG

Weeks 1 & 2

It's taking some getting used to-- especially swinging like a lefty (I'm a righty golfer).  Warm-ups have been beneficial in order to stretch some of those muscles that haven't been extended in quite some time.  With the weather turning much colder here, I've had to complete the protocols indoors.  The frustrating thing is that, for all practical purposes, the golf season is over around here.  So, I won't be able to judge just what effect the protocols are having upon my ball flight.

But, the swing speeds have increased from the first two second weeks, except for a few minor glitches.  But, even though there might be a slight decrease, every once in a while, I wanted to record things accurately so as not to skew the results.  I think that the true comparison for the test will be those figures that appear in the final column-- namely, what is the increase swinging with my dominant side after going through each series of exercises.

image.png

image.png

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

Hopefully nobody will mind my intrusion as I wasn't formally selected to be in this trial but I couldn't resist purchasing the Swing Sticks on my own. I'm about a month in and have started to see both gains in distance and accuracy and couldn't be more excited about using these guys all off-season to get ready for next March or so. Because I've already started, here's the background to get you up to speed:

I'm 27 years old and just really started getting seriously into golf last year around this time. After a few rounds in July and August of 2017 I decided I needed to get some lessons and really focus on building a legitimate swing heading into 2018. I got a pack of lessons with an instructor near by, whose simulator I can use even when I'm not getting a lesson, who's goal was to take my over-the-top wild slice and turn it into a little baby draw. Easier said than done but after months of hard work in the simulator I came out on the other side with the wanted baby draw on all of my wedges, mid, and short irons. Long Irons and 3w I was a bit less consistent with, and the driver---well, lets just be straight forward here, the driver was so bad it stayed in the bag until the middle of 2018. 

By July 4th-ish I had gotten to the point all of my clubs were drawing the ball except my driver. On the simulator with the driver my swing speeds are mostly 115-ish but 60% of my shots are slices and 25% of them are hooks. I simply couldn't use my driver. To make it worse, my 3-wood gets me 270 when I hit it right and the driver only would go 275-280 when I hit it on the screws. I knew there was juice left in the driver somewhere but without being able to tap into it---my driver was useless. Fast forward to the Swing Speed offer on MGS. I signed up for it, ultimately didn't get picked, but my interest was there so I figured I'm probably the perfect person to use these. My hope isn't even for extra speed. It's really for accuracy, which the SS is designed to help. If I can pick up an extra 5MPH to get over 120, that'd be great, but I was hoping that my body learning to swing really fast---and potentially control a 140+ MPH swing with the light sticks---would really help me control my ball striking on my driver. 

Control Test: The day the sticks came, I went to the simulator to take 15 aggressive drivers swings, without regard for where the ball went---just to get a baseline MPH. The average was 116.5 MPH and I broke 118 MPH once.

I didn't splurge on the radar so my numbers are only my driver swing speed on the same simulator (literally the same one, he's got 2 in his shop but for consistencies sake---I'm only using the one for this). I did the initial protocol twice before heading back to the simulator, hoping that I would see the "initial jump" that I read so much about. And my hopes were rewarded. In the 15-swing sample I averaged over 118 and cracked 120 a few times---for the first time ever. I even got over 121 once. Woah. That old average distance of 275-280 was now a solid 290+ with a handful of 300 yarders. My old furthest hit of 305 was smashed with a  315 yard blast. There is nothing like putting in work and actually seeing results. 

That was about 3 weeks ago and since then I've graduated to the Level one protocol. The big difference between the starting protocol and Level-1 is that you take 5 swings per set in the Level 1 vs. only 3 in the initial protocol. The difference is a workout of 40 swings (I broke a little bit of a sweat, but didn't really feel anything as I do normally work out for 20 minutes a night three times per week or so) compared to 65 swings. When I am done my Level 1 protocol I can now feel it. ([ IMPORTANT: Use your golf glove when doing this---even if it makes you look like a ******** in your gym. I didn't use gloves the for my first "Level 1" day and the heavy stick actually flew out of my hand and snapped in half. Cost me $65 to get a replacement shipped, thankfully nobody got hurt. But the lesson is simple: Use gloves for grip, these are not the best grips on earth). I'm generally sore in my hands, forearms and recently a little bit in my right elbow. I normally have a strong grip but I swing these with a death grip now as I'm petrified I'll have another club fly out of my hands. Also, my left calf feels a bit weird when I swing lefty. 

*The Big Breakthrough*

So last Saturday, the 6th, I got out for a scramble with some buddies. I like scrambles because I can actually try to hit my driver---whereas if I'm trying to score by myself I need to hit 3-wood or 2-iron off the tee. I was about 4 weeks into the training (I only did 2 weeks of initial protocol, not 4, because I feel I'm already in very good shape and wanted to progress a bit faster) and was still at that 118.5ish MPH on the simulator---so I haven't seen a second jump yet. But I'm out there trying to hit my driver and it's spraying all over the place. Mostly fading balls 30 yards right of my target, still hooking too many and no good drives, at all thru 16. Then we step up to 17 which is a par-5 dog leg right. I had been practicing a cut-drive (opposed to my normal attempted draw) a bit as it's very hard for me to swing as hard as possible (or close to it) and close my club face. So I think to myself, "If I aim to the left side of the fairway---leaving me a good, safe, area in the rough to land if I miss a bit left (which I rarely do, If I'm left, I hook it)---then my normal fade will be on the right side of the fairway. If you cant swing hard and close your club face (which is what I was trying to do all day---hit the draw), then play to that fade." So naturally I crushed a 300 yard fade off the tee, leaving us 200 out for a very easy birdie, thus winning the scramble. Woah. Legit first good 300 yard drive on the course in my life. Next hole? Pretty straight 320 yard par 4. I aim at the left green side bunker--- If it's hit perfectly straight, I'm short of the bunker, in the rough in great shape. If I'm left, there's plenty of grass between the sand and the tree-line and if I'm right I have all the fairway and the rough. I go a little bit more right than I'd have liked---but crushed it, carried about 290 to the cart path, got a good kick, and I sat pin-high to the right of the right green side bunker. 2 crushed drives in a row---never happened before. 

Now we fast forward to this past Sunday. I'm in a match and my opponent is all over the place so I'm playing it safe and just hitting 2-iron in the fairway, getting near the green, and winning holes with bogeys. Once I get up 4 holes I take out the driver. Hit 5 of them on the back. Found 3 fairways and another one in the rough with a good look to the green. All 270+, 3 of em were 300. The miss was a playable hook that went about 150. So at this point 6 of my last 7 drives have been long and straight (ish). I've kept my stats all year: before these two rounds I hit less than 1/4 fairways with the driver and less than 1/2 of fairways with my "accurate" 2i. In just 5 weeks of the SuperSpeed training system I've picked up a few MPH on my drives---but more importantly learning to swing hard is significantly helping my accuracy. I'm so excited to get back into the simulator this week and then on the course on Sunday! 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess