TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

First level 3 protocol in the books. Given that it bumps us to 4 reps from 3 in each round it’s sort of like running the Belmont after the Kentucky Derby

I realize that those doing the originals nap protocols make a bigger jump still to 5 reps at some point. That had to be a real shock to the system.

I hammered the step backs dominant but wow we’re the non-dominant is new rough - which way do I go?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
I felt the same way. I was completely confused trying to get my feet and body to sync up on the non-dominant side. I'm glad that they showed us a slow motion video during the conference call.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

So wait during protocol 2 how many swings were you all doing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You can’t equate them - our level 3 is around the same point as your protocol 2. The introductory protocol has been merged into our protocol 1.

So instead of going to 5 at this point we go to 4.

It’s hard to equate.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

12 hours ago, tchat07 said:

So wait during protocol 2 how many swings were you all doing?

When I first stumbled upon this forum, I happened to notice in the intros to the testers on the first page Kenny B linked to then new protocols and warm up that the testers were asked to use - these are updates to what is currently on the SuperSpeed site, and I believe it was mentioned here that these new versions will soon replace what's currently on the SS site:

An overview of the SuperSpeed Golf system protocols is provided here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mxwr5vfa1ksvmf/Protocol Outline Packet.pdf?dl=0

The warmup routines are provided here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2918b36vvlj9vn1/Warm_Up.mp4?dl=0

I've been following these protocols.

Appreciate it Mike and Revkev. I was doing what's on the current website and was shocked at first by how sore I was since most people here said they did not get much of a workout from it. I then did the math and realized I had increased from 39 swings to 93 swings. I am glad they are changing up the protocols then because I've had to do 2 days in between each session because of how sore I was.

Appreciate it Mike and Revkev. I was doing what's on the current website and was shocked at first by how sore I was since most people here said they did not get much of a workout from it. I then did the math and realized I had increased from 39 swings to 93 swings. I am glad they are changing up the protocols then because I've had to do 2 days in between each session because of how sore I was.

I’m assuming you’re not counting the 10 swings during the warm up. :)

Yes we just moved up to 75 swings from 57 I believe. We went 39, 57 and now 75.

I can’t imagine 39 to 93. At my age I had enough trouble going from 39 to 57. I was very sore the first few weeks and I work out regularly. I’m not that sore after the first session in this jump.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 1/8/2019 at 5:31 AM, golfinnut said:

Hello Everyone!  Just wanted to touch base with MGS & SuperSpeed to tell you how sorry I am for my lack of participation with this review.  After I was chosen, I was very excited about the process.  But unfortunately the pain in my hip has become unbearable and I have decided to go ahead with the surgery sooner rather than later.  I didn't think this was going to come about so soon or during the review process of the SpeedSwing but it did.  And I am one of those guys that will go in 100% or not at all with my review.  I take it very seriously and won't "pencil whip" the review process in any way, if you get my meaning.   I could have gone along with it & said to MGS & everyone else what they wanted to hear but I just don't do that.  

Again I am very sorry to MGS & to SuperSpeed for what has transpired these past few months.  I look to get back into the swing of things (pun intended) in about 4 months.  My surgery is next week & I won't be swinging anything until then.  Incidentally, I have sent back the SpeedSwing to Chicago as requested. 

Good luck to everyone & I will be following along with the process.  I hope to see a lot of gains from everyone. 

Good luck with your surgery and hope you make a full/speedy recovery!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 1/9/2019 at 1:55 PM, revkev said:

I’m assuming you’re not counting the 10 swings during the warm up. 🙂

Yes we just moved up to 75 swings from 57 I believe. We went 39, 57 and now 75.

I can’t imagine 39 to 93. At my age I had enough trouble going from 39 to 57. I was very sore the first few weeks and I work out regularly. I’m not that sore after the first session in this jump.

Those 18 extra swings are tough!!  It was 39º when I did my 3rd session of Level 3 today.  I was sweating when I finished, and yes I'm out of shape.

The double step swings are a little better today than when I started on Monday, but still feel awkward.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just finished week 5 - mostly an off week, but felt good today.  Saturday, I played virtual golf with a couple of buddies, first time I've swung at a ball since the end of October, so I was all over the place and it was hard to tell if there was any effect from the speed training, but I did hit a couple of drives about 20 yards longer than I normally hit in real life, so I'm going glass half full here.

Only got 2 sessions in (Wed & Fri) this week, last weekend turned out pretty busy - I was planning to get a session in Sunday after church, but ended up going to 11:30 Mass instead of my usual 9:30 (we had the neighbors over to watch football and stayed up later than usual), so that threw the day off...then Mondays I get up at 5 to go to the gym and got lazy when I got home after work...and Tuesday is bowling night...Excuses - if you don't like one, I've got plenty more 😉  

Wednesday's session was the slowest speeds I've had since week 1, which was discouraging, but today I had a nice jump across the board, definitely my highest average across the 39 swings in the protocol.  

2019-01-11_15-51-44.jpg

Edited by Mike Lambert
fixed typo

39 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Those 18 extra swings are tough!!  It was 39º when I did my 3rd session of Level 3 today.  I was sweating when I finished, and yes I'm out of shape.

The double step swings are a little better today than when I started on Monday, but still feel awkward.

Yikes, that is cold for golf!  

I'm just starting to get less awkward on those single step swings, it's going to be pretty funny when I get to the doubles. 

One more week before the kneeling swings for me, I think that will be interesting too.  I bookmarked for inspiration this instagram video that was posted about 10 pages back:  

@tchat07 We would be happy to send you the new revised protocols via email. We are close to having them up on the site.

If you'd like send us an email info@superspeedgolf.com and we can get you squared away. Thanks!

@Mike Lambert We would be happy to email you the new protocols as well. 

1 hour ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

@tchat07 We would be happy to send you the new revised protocols via email. We are close to having them up on the site.

If you'd like send us an email info@superspeedgolf.com and we can get you squared away. Thanks!

e-mailed 🙂

Thanks for participating on the forums. It's cool to see OEM's interact with our members, even the ones who weren't selected to participate in the official review. Top notch!

1 hour ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

I'd be happy to replace golfinnut in the testing if you're looking for someone 😍

Well, I'm through the first two weeks and my first impression is very impressed. I started at 101, and that had been where my swing speed has been at for a couple years now. The included radar unit matched my SC200, so that provided some peace of mind that my numbers were what I see on the course. 

6 sessions later, I hit 113,112&113 tonight with my driver. So... 12 MPH in 12 days. I was hoping for a 10 MPH gain by the end of this. And if I don't get a single more MPH for the rest of this process, I'd still be happy with the results. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

14 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that!  Just sent an email.

Just wanted to update on week 15. With the exception of the lightest club on my dominant side, all my top speeds were with my regular swing. The double step swing is getting better, but getting my body to learn the step back is going to take a minute. I ain't the most coordinated guy. I've had to pour over the videos to at least get it figured out there.

I did get in nine holes yesterday and shot 48 with 4/7 fairways hit according to Arccos. I'm still struggling with my ball going more up than at 'em. Between that and the cooler weather I averaged 197 off the tee with a long of 215.

It'll get there, I don't have as refined a swing as most of my fellow testers. I'm working on my Stage 2, just got to refine it a little more.
20190112_120236-01.jpeg

Just wanted to update on week 15. With the exception of the lightest club on my dominant side, all my top speeds were with my regular swing. The double step swing is getting better, but getting my body to learn the step back is going to take a minute. I ain't the most coordinated guy. I've had to pour over the videos to at least get it figured out there.

I did get in nine holes yesterday and shot 48 with 4/7 fairways hit according to Arccos. I'm still struggling with my ball going more up than at 'em. Between that and the cooler weather I averaged 197 off the tee with a long of 215.

It'll get there, I don't have as refined a swing as most of my fellow testers. I'm working on my Stage 2, just got to refine it a little more.
20190112_120236-01.jpeg.c9d854244a06cef336ce55ee86cdd9fe.jpeg

Nice to see that there's a steady increase across the weeks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Stage 2 is up!

Nice work!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

@sirchunksalot

Nice job sir! Well played.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Just finished week 3 of the intro protocol. Had the radar out at the range yesterday during a practice session. Driver speed was averaging 103, low was a 99 and high was 136 (I think the radar caught the ball on that one since it didn't carry over the end of range net)

For reference, driver speed (with no ball) prior to starting was 93. At my driver fitting 6 months ago, my speeds were 95-100.

3 months to go before league season, hoping to see some additional gains before then.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

I’m going to try when I get home. Just played a quick 9 after church. Daisy challenged me to swing as hard as I could with driver. So I did. Here’s a sample:

IMG_1570.thumb.JPG.5fb707b5aa2b89e32ff5eefe0c017275.JPG

This device is 3 mph slower than the radar we use so 97 on this is 100 on that. I averaged 88 on it before we started, 94.7 today. Just under 240 for my 6 drives on the old GPS.

Pretty stoked!!!

I hope Daisy sees this.

Great SS - so how much of an improvement was that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

Great SS - so how much of an improvement was that?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My average on this device prior to starting SuperSpeed was 88.  So 96 is an 8 mph gain - I actually averaged 94.7 today.  My goal was to get to 95 on this device.  I've adjust that goal.

Barring issues I should have my stage 2 review up in an hour.  Starting to work on importing it - now!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’m going to try when I get home. Just played a quick 9 after church. Daisy challenged me to swing as hard as I could with driver. So I did. Here’s a sample:

IMG_1570.thumb.JPG.5fb707b5aa2b89e32ff5eefe0c017275.JPG

This device is 3 mph slower than the radar we use so 97 on this is 100 on that. I averaged 88 on it before we started, 94.7 today. Just under 240 for my 6 drives on the old GPS.

Pretty stoked!!!

I hope Daisy sees this.

That's definitely exciting and some great numbers! Honestly, it's amazing what a few weeks can do.

My stage 2 is up!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My stage 2 is up!!!
Excellent stage 2 Rev! I think you hit the nail on the head about this being relentless and that anyone looking for support come talk to this group. We have an awesome group here to encourage and help out any way possible.

I love the creativity you used covering the radar, I'm definitely going to have to use that.

Excellent stage 2 Rev! I think you hit the nail on the head about this being relentless and that anyone looking for support come talk to this group. We have an awesome group here to encourage and help out any way possible.

I love the creativity you used covering the radar, I'm definitely going to have to use that.

Thanks man

The really secret to SuperSpeed is the person’s commitment to it. Commit and you’re in. You will get faster. Every comparative stat says the difference between handicap groupings is distance.

But SuperSpeed battles guys thinking it’s not an issue for them and a general lack of people’s ability to commit.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches