TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

4 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m going to try when I get home. Just played a quick 9 after church. Daisy challenged me to swing as hard as I could with driver. So I did. Here’s a sample:

IMG_1570.JPG

This device is 3 mph slower than the radar we use so 97 on this is 100 on that. I averaged 88 on it before we started, 94.7 today. Just under 240 for my 6 drives on the old GPS.

Pretty stoked!!!

I hope Daisy sees this. emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That's tremendous!  I don't expect to be able to get out until early April, I'm really looking forward to see seeing my own speed then.  Seeing results like yours (and the other guys here) are a real incentive to stay committed.

2 hours ago, revkev said:

My stage 2 is up!!!

Nicely done.

So, am I going to be the bad guy with the low score of a 70?  If I had to write my stage 2 before the week 14 test it would have been in the 80-90 range, but that 1mph drop totally got me.  Living in Wisconsin I also had to lower the score since not everyone will have ceilings high enough to swing during the winter months.

I took last week off as I was traveling for work.  Did my first session of Level 3 today and just for fun I swung my driver a few times without placing a ball down after the workout.  My first full swing with the driver came in at 115, a full 5 mph over my average speed at the end of Stage 2.  I really wish I could get outside to test this out a little more.

I also did a half swing that came in at 113 mph versus my 115 full swing.  Guess I won't have to worry about the Kinematic ASD in week 20.  So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Nicely done.
So, am I going to be the bad guy with the low score of a 70?  If I had to write my stage 2 before the week 14 test it would have been in the 80-90 range, but that 1mph drop totally got me.  Living in Wisconsin I also had to lower the score since not everyone will have ceilings high enough to swing during the winter months.
I took last week off as I was traveling for work.  Did my first session of Level 3 today and just for fun I swung my driver a few times without placing a ball down after the workout.  My first full swing with the driver came in at 115, a full 5 mph over my average speed at the end of Stage 2.  I really wish I could get outside to test this out a little more.
I also did a half swing that came in at 113 mph versus my 115 full swing.  Guess I won't have to worry about the Kinematic ASD in week 20.  So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Honestly, I thought I was going to have the low score heading into Stage 2. Going in to the swing speed test I had not seen much of a gain right up until the end. I already had my rating system worked out, and it wasn't too good. You know what they say about when you assume.

The driver swings you took without a ball are impressive!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Nicely done.

I don’t think you’re a bad guy at all. Your score reflects the fact that it took an extra week for you to get past the plateau. Had my review been posted yesterday, as I intended, it would have been 87. Today convinced me that I had that additional 2-3 percent which made it 90/100 or as advertised.

We could all just as easily say, “ incomplete.” How are we to know if 14 weeks is permanent as SuoerSpeed states? Why would we stop knowing there might be a few more mph to gain?

I’m trying to go for the full 70 plus weeks. Why not? I want that 100 mph so bad I can taste it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1st workout of week 4 this morning. High Max swing speed was 114, which matched the top Step-thru swing of week 1. 

I received the updated protocol schedule from SS which, so another couple of weeks on the starter protocol before I have to figure out kneeling swings.

So far I've been able to use my patio for workouts. That won't have to change until protocol 3 and taking multiple steps into the swing.

I didn't check my radar device while hitting a ball until this past weekend and after 3 weeks of SS training I was at 103 avg. I did my initial driver speed measurement on the patio with no ball. That gave me a max of 95. The device guide says swinging with no ball produces a slower swing, so even if my swing to ball speed was a bit higher, I'm looking like a 4-5% gain already.

Using this in conjunction with other workouts and another swing training aid at the range has me pretty optimistic for the start of league season in the spring. 😀

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

1 hour ago, GregB135 said:

1st workout of week 4 this morning. High Max swing speed was 114, which matched the top Step-thru swing of week 1. 

I received the updated protocol schedule from SS which, so another couple of weeks on the starter protocol before I have to figure out kneeling swings.

So far I've been able to use my patio for workouts. That won't have to change until protocol 3 and taking multiple steps into the swing.

I didn't check my radar device while hitting a ball until this past weekend and after 3 weeks of SS training I was at 103 avg. I did my initial driver speed measurement on the patio with no ball. That gave me a max of 95. The device guide says swinging with no ball produces a slower swing, so even if my swing to ball speed was a bit higher, I'm looking like a 4-5% gain already.

Using this in conjunction with other workouts and another swing training aid at the range has me pretty optimistic for the start of league season in the spring. 😀

Sounds great although to be honest I have not found that I'm much faster hitting a ball than not hitting one with my driver - if at all.  I've also found that I'm fastest at the end of a workout.  If I hit balls at that point I get very high swing speeds with driver - that fades quickly though as I tire.

Where are you at in Florida again.  I know that you've told me but I have forgotten.  That's happening to me a lot lately - I can't wait for some help to arrive, this going it solo at work is exhausting.  I have an intern starting in May!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I have an intern starting in May!!!

It obviously isn't me...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Sounds great although to be honest I have not found that I'm much faster hitting a ball than not hitting one with my driver - if at all.  I've also found that I'm fastest at the end of a workout.  If I hit balls at that point I get very high swing speeds with driver - that fades quickly though as I tire.

I have definitely seen faster speeds at the end versus the start of the workout with the light club.  In most cases, |'m at least matching my light club swings with the medium and sometimes the heavy. Then the max swings with the light club at the end are significantly faster than the first swings. 

And I'm in eastern Hillsborough - Bloomingdale is my 'home' course.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

I have definitely seen faster speeds at the end versus the start of the workout with the light club.  In most cases, |'m at least matching my light club swings with the medium and sometimes the heavy. Then the max swings with the light club at the end are significantly faster than the first swings. 
And I'm in eastern Hillsborough - Bloomingdale is my 'home' course.

We will need to play sometime - perhaps with Foz in the mix.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I did not see that one coming Calypso, setting one tester lose a bit after the second stage was surprising, but two? Crazy.

I hate seeing that, man.

Don't forget that we are still in the plateau stage. I imagine those who didn't gain any speed will just see their jump during the level 3 protocol. Daisy seemed more surprised with the people who were seeing their jumps early.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

End of Stage 2 Stats:
image.png.605d04b4e389963ea98068c463b3f52c.png

Hmm, something in the water in Wisconsin? Funny that we both saw a small drop.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

I did not see that one coming Calypso, seeing one tester lose a bit after the second stage was surprising, but two? Crazy.

I hate seeing that, man.

We are still talking a 10 percent gain over his original SS with another jump on the horizon. Not bad!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

We are still talking a 10 percent gain over his original SS with another jump on the horizon. Not bad!

That is definitely a positive, and like both you and Bucky said, it's still a plateau phase and the jump will happen. That swing speed over 100 mph is definitely impressive!

I'm not too concerned.  It's like when I was active in Weight Watchers... sometimes you gain a few, but you knew that you'd be taking them off in the long run.

I sent a video of my latest driver swing to Daisy.  Didn't hear anything back.  Had to go to an indoor range to track the results.  Their radar was only one or two MPH off of the speeds on my radar (used both at the same time to compare).

I did notice something about my swing mechanics when I reviewed my videos.  I'm going to try to make a little change-- for the good of my actual swing, not just for the SwingSpeed trials-- but hoping it might also result in a couple of extra MPH's.

RevKev, heading down to Florida next week.  Not a pleasure trip, however.  My brother is in very poor health.  Need to visit him.  Just a quick trip down and back over a couple of days, otherwise I'd see if we could have hit a few on the range together.

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

Duplicate post!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm not too concerned.  It's like when I was active in Weight Watchers... sometimes you gain a few, but you knew that you'd be taking them off in the long run.
I sent a video of my latest driver swing to Daisy.  Didn't hear anything back.  Had to go to an indoor range to track the results.  Their radar was only one or two MPH off of the speeds on my radar (used both at the same time to compare).
I did notice something about my swing mechanics when I reviewed my videos.  I'm going to try to make a little change-- for the good of my actual swing, not just for the SwingSpeed trials-- but hoping it might also result in a couple of extra MPH's.
RevKev, heading down to Florida next week.  Not a pleasure trip, however.  My brother is in very poor health.  Need to visit him.  Just a quick trip down and back over a couple of days, otherwise I'd see if we could have hit a few on the range together.

Sorry to hear about your brother! Where is he at?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Here are my results through Level 2. After I started Level 2, SuperSpeed Golf sent me the Red club because I topped 90 mph with my driver, so I stopped using the Yellow club. I was getting essentially the same speeds with the Yellow and Green clubs anyway.  Even though my speeds went up with clubs over Level 1 speeds with the Green and Blue clubs, my driver speed dropped a little... just like others have noticed. Curious.

image.png.f819639cf074a726d2ea0e99f1f12e76.png

Last week I did the 3 sessions of Week 15, the first week of Level 3.  I was going to do Week 16 this week, but the weather turned ugly, and I have to do the protocol outside.  Doing the protocol in the cold is one thing, doing it in the cold with rain, sleet and snow is something else.   Since I'm suspending the protocol starting next week for two weeks anyway, I decided to take another week off.  So, I will resume with my second week of Level 3 when I return.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

...my driver speed dropped a little... just like others have noticed. Curious.

In my opinion, I'd say it's a combination of the colder weather, natural variation in the short term (as opposed to the long term trend), and the expected plateau, and nothing to be too concerned about.  Calypso55 mentioned this being like Weight Watchers - I think that's exactly right.  I know if I step on the scale every day for two weeks, my weight might go up or down as much as 3 pounds from one day to the next, and the speeds I record on any given day do the same.  It's that long term gain that matters in the end.

I changed things up yesterday...normally I try to alternate the days I go to the gym with the speed training days, but couldn't get in the protocol Sunday, so I went to the gym yesterday morning before work (barbell squats, overhead press w/barbell, and deadlifts, so pretty beat after that, but the elliptical just doesn't seem to make me stronger 😉), then did the protocol after dinner, about 12 hours after the morning workout.  Definitely tired out a lot quicker than usual - I was feeling it by the time I got to the step-change swings (luckily I'm still on the first level, I would have been pretty gassed for the kneeling swings).  I guess the combo of working out the same day and swinging at the end of the day.  I thought that was pretty interesting to try out.

On Saturday, I did another 2 hours of indoor simulated golf, and felt more confident in swinging harder than I normally would, and definitely saw more virtual yardage that before I started the protocol, at least on the drives I hit well.  One drawback is using their tees, none of which let me set the ball to the height I'd use in the real world, so I was either getting  a little high or low on the ball on some swings as I tried several different tees.  Anyway, it's a fun couple of hours with the guys in my usual foursome.

Edited by Mike Lambert
typo

Melbourne

Safe travels - other side of the state from me of course.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’m wondering if any of our SuperSpeed users would comment.

I was just all over the place in my workout - 105 one swing, 93 the next, faster lefty in some drills than righty. It was crazy.

When it all fell out I had a 107 regular swing with the blue and my last 3 green swings went 108, 110, 112. Daisy told me that after swinging as fast as I could with driver on the course to that visualize and match those to my on course swing. I went “behind the ball” pictured my shot on my longest drive from Sunday and replicated that swing.

It worked!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

27 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’m wondering if any of our SuperSpeed users would comment.

I was just all over the place in my workout - 105 one swing, 93 the next, faster lefty in some drills than righty. It was crazy.

When it all fell out I had a 107 regular swing with the blue and my last 3 green swings went 108, 110, 112. Daisy told me that after swinging as fast as I could with driver on the course to that visualize and match those to my on course swing. I went “behind the ball” pictured my shot on my longest drive from Sunday and replicated that swing.

It worked!

I'm all over the place as well, but I just chalk it up to not being a robot and being able to repeat everything exactly the same each time. Sometimes it'll feel and sound like I absolutely went Mach 3 and then show 108, and others I'll feel like it wasn't as quick and be 114. I'm still in the pre-stages but I'm already seeing a consistent increase in averages.

My goal is to gain 6 mph -- modest but I think doable. I'd rather under-promise and over-deliver on this project. I hit 111 with the blue club during my last training, I'll be absolutely satisfied with that being my driver speed this summer.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I’m usually fairly consistent with my 3 (now 4) swings with each club. I do experience the same thing as yungkory though. Feel like I absolutely crush a swing only to see it come in 5 mph slower than my last swing.

I’m really itching for winter to end so I can see what a real outdoor swing feels like again. Winter has been pretty mild so far but we’re supposed to be in the teens for high temps next week. Spring is a long way off.

I’m usually fairly consistent with my 3 (now 4) swings with each club. I do experience the same thing as yungkory though. Feel like I absolutely crush a swing only to see it come in 5 mph slower than my last swing.

I’m really itching for winter to end so I can see what a real outdoor swing feels like again. Winter has been pretty mild so far but we’re supposed to be in the teens for high temps next week. Spring is a long way off.

My regular swings are fairly consistent, usually within a 5 mph range. My kneeling swings are all over the place, usually the first is really slow compared to the rest. The double step is all over the place, I'll sometimes have one at 80 and the next will be 98. I think that has to do with not being used to all the moving parts involved and feeling uncomfortable with them.

What I do like about them is that they are a complete shock to the system. I'm curious to see how they will effect my swing and to see what they will provide as far as a speed benefit.

I can recall a year in Sheboygan when it didn’t come until Father’s Day!

I’m normally consistent - today - not so much - I was either very fast or very slow - the entire workout - until the last three. Those were fast. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Echoing what several of you are saying, there are swings when I feel like I've cut through the air faster than ever, only to be surprised that the numbers were lower than I expected.  Other times, I'm amazed that that last swing that I took registered as high as it did.

I think a lot of that has to do with the tension in my arms and my hands.  Those swings that feel like a really killed it are usually when I'm trying to use my arms (and consequently my hands) to generate more speed.  The looser my arms and the lighter my grip usually produces higher numbers. 

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.