GolfSpy Meyer

Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

1 hour ago, revkev said:

@Tony - I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  Sirchunksalot took your "practice" regiment remark to mean the dynamic warm up.  I can honestly say that it is a very good warm up but there are others that are equally good so I would say that a good warm up is a part of swinging fast but it doesn't have to be Superspeed's exact one.  Since most of us don't warm up properly (by stretching all the necessary muscles and groups) Superspeed's dynamic warm up is a revelation and seems more important than it is - in short a good, golf specific warm up designed by a professional trainer is necessary to prepare a person to play his or her best golf and then also for the body to recover after the round or practice session.  This warm up fits that bill in all ways. 

If by regiment you mean the entire protocol process, warm up plus swings, then that is huge because it's there that you get your swing speed up.  It's pretty exciting to have started at 91 with the driver, do the dynamic warm up finishing with the 10 righty and 10 lefty swings with the heavy club (generally the fastest I can get them is around 90) and then the first swing out off the bat with the green club is 106.  By the time that I got to the red club, 5 righty and 6 lefty swings later - I was at 103 with that one - 13 mph faster than I was when I was warming up.

My fastest swing this morning was with the green club during the step through drill and it was a tour level SS - it felt fast!  Mid 100's actually feel normal to me now - no effort what so ever. 

I don't know what would happen if you fashioned your own weighted clubs - lots of research has gone into superspeed's equipment.  We have had internal discussion about the weight of these clubs relative to our drivers and about why Superspeed chose the clubs they did for each of us.  It's not my area of expertise so I will refrain from comment there.  I know that for me, with the driver that I use, I've got sticks that pretty much fit the Superspeed protocol.  I do wonder if they custom design them for their tour ambassadors so that the weight is spot on based on the players driver specs.  It will also be interesting to see if those of us who have sticks that more closely fit the advertised profile have greater gains than those who feel they don't.

I would say that this is like asking which is more important, the head or the shaft - its both in about equal proportions IMO.

Rev - another way of asking the question is can you do the training regiment with other clubs and get close to the same result? 

Based on your response it sounds like the two (regiment and clubs) are critical to the result 

@Tony IMO they would be - but that’s a part of what this test is about. Super speed’s claim is that this formula has been carefully researched and that the ideal would be the weights relative to driver with two lighter and one slightly higher. The clubs are very aerodynamic so you swing the one that’s heavier than your driver about 12 percent faster.

I would not have the capability of replicating their designs - others may - I don’t know if there are copy rite ramifications of that. I’m neither an engineer nor an attorney.

Suoerspeed is not the first to push over speed training. Swingman golf does and I was following its stuff for a few months prior to being selected for this test. I’ve had the momentous speed stick for a long time and used it.

I’m seeing more dramatic results from the Super speed method. I could not get my momentus trainer up to 100 mph.

I just came from the range where I was working on my short irons. I was easily getting my 9 iron to a flag that was 130 with good range balls. Up until a week ago that would have been an 8 iron. The ball is starting to have a very different look and sound coming off my club face.

But I am also having a bit of an issue with my swing sequence - that’s coming along to though - the 5 drivers that I hit were beautiful - all the same - all 90-92 according to Swing Caddy (I was at 88 on that device 3 weeks ago). My average smash factor was 1.47 for the 5.

Stuff is happening

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

For those of you that are testing or have purchased: How much of the results are related to the practice regiment and how much is actually the 'clubs'

It's really hard to think about the practice regimen and the clubs separately. I am see the results as being from the combination of the differently weighted clubs while doing the practice regimen. If I was just using my driver with the practice regimen, I don't think I would gain the speed. I've tried to swing my driver as fast as I could before SuperSpeed and did not have any major increases. On the other hand, just having the differently weight clubs and no direction on how I should be using them, I also don't think I'd see the same gains.

Just for fun after my training protocol yesterday, I decided to swing my driver and see the highest number I could get on the radar (no ball, and yes I was swinging out of my shoes). To my surprise, I was able to get up to 109 mph, which is a number I never even dreamed possible. This morning, I played in an early morning scramble tournament and hit a few drives with the radar on the range, and, again to my surprise, I saw a max of 103 mph while hitting a ball. My strike left a little to be desired, but hitting these speeds just 3 weeks after starting the training is mind boggling. Just 3 weeks ago the max speed I saw was 96 with most being down near my average of 90.5mph. It is becoming easier and easier to swing my driver at these higher speeds and I am looking forward to seeing how things progress.

@Tony IMO they would be - but that’s a part of what this test is about. Super speed’s claim is that this formula has been carefully researched and that the ideal would be the weights relative to driver with two lighter and one slightly higher. The clubs are very aerodynamic so you swing the one that’s heavier than your driver about 12 percent faster.

I would not have the capability of replicating their designs - others may - I don’t know if there are copy rite ramifications of that. I’m neither an engineer nor an attorney.

Suoerspeed is not the first to push over speed training. Swingman golf does and I was following its stuff for a few months prior to being selected for this test. I’ve had the momentous speed stick for a long time and used it.

I’m seeing more dramatic results from the Super speed method. I could not get my momentus trainer up to 100 mph.

I just came from the range where I was working on my short irons. I was easily getting my 9 iron to a flag that was 130 with good range balls. Up until a week ago that would have been an 8 iron. The ball is starting to have a very different look and sound coming off my club face.

But I am also having a bit of an issue with my swing sequence - that’s coming along to though - the 5 drivers that I hit were beautiful - all the same - all 90-92 according to Swing Caddy (I was at 88 on that device 3 weeks ago). My average smash factor was 1.47 for the 5.

Stuff is happening

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rev sounds like you're having great results. Nice to hear about a product that delivers results.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I've read through the Stage 1's - I'm mostly going to be following Rev and Kenny on this. I know both of these guys well in the Forum and we are fairly close in our age range. Even though I don't apply for equipment testing (clubs anyway) I kind of wish I had now for this one. Maybe I might have been chosen?? Neh... LOL

I have some more to add to this opening comment but I'm going to have to wait till the morning. Played 18 today walking and pushing a cart and I'm tired tonight.

Until then...