TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

I just wanted to touch base with you guys and tell you something that I figured out about my golfers elbow that is on my left arm. I recorded my left handed golf swing (not pretty) and I had a severe over the top move. When I was swing speed training last night....I made an effort to feel like I was dropping into the slot on my left handed swings. As a result I felt less tension on the medial epicondyle and my left handed swing speed actually went way up on my swings. Thought anybody just starting out might benefit from this knowledge. 

And this type of feedback is what makes this thread do valuable!

I’ve really worked hard on my left handed swings. I have yet to hit any shots left handed but my swings look pretty good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

4 hours ago, revkev said:

And this type of feedback is what makes this thread do valuable!

I’ve really worked hard on my left handed swings. I have yet to hit any shots left handed but my swings look pretty good. 🙂

You are correct. This thread is a wealth of information. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Eager to receive my set and I have been reading the Superspeed site to start getting myself familiar with the warmup and protocols.   Question:  I read in the posts that everyone in the testing is doing a new set of protocols.  Would I be better to try and do the new protocols or the ones on Superspeeds site?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Eager to receive my set and I have been reading the Superspeed site to start getting myself familiar with the warmup and protocols.   Question:  I read in the posts that everyone in the testing is doing a new set of protocols.  Would I be better to try and do the new protocols or the ones on Superspeeds site?

I know SuperSpeed sent the new protocols to others that I have joined us here. I would strongly recommend the new one. I’m sure we all reference level one in our reviews - it’s 6 weeks 3 normal swings both sides all three clubs, three step changes both sides all three clubs, 3 dominant normal swings with your lightest club.

Measure your driver swing speed before you start and then at the end of week 6. Level 2 adds kneeling swings all three clubs both ways in between the normal and step changes, it lasts 8 weeks.

There’s a video for how to do the step change on the website.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

I know SuperSpeed sent the new protocols to others that I have joined us here. I would strongly recommend the new one. I’m sure we all reference level one in our reviews - it’s 6 weeks 3 normal swings both sides all three clubs, three step changes both sides all three clubs, 3 dominant normal swings with your lightest club.

Measure your driver swing speed before you start and then at the end of week 6. Level 2 adds kneeling swings all three clubs both ways in between the normal and step changes, it lasts 8 weeks.

There’s a video for how to do the step change on the website.

Thanks.   I already downloaded the spreadsheet to keep track of the numbers.   I know that they have been posting in the forum so I will send them a message about the protocols.    

Basically do the introduction protocol on their site for 6 weeks instead of 4. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Email info@superspeedgolf.com they will send you the newer protocols. I suggest using them because once it changes to the 1st protocol the amount of swings the old protocol called for was silly lots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm with the rest of the guys, it'll definitely benefit you to do the new protocols. As a group, we saw a seven percent increase overall after the first six weeks, with a couple of guys gaining as much as ten. Also, the dynamic warm-up is slightly different with the new protocols so be sure when you email them to ask for those also.

My training has been put on hold for the last week due to lots of rain and not having an indoor area to do the training. It's supposed to be leaving the area next week and I'll be back at it. Honestly, not being able to train or play is driving me crazy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It felt good to get back to training today, I've missed it. It's sixty degrees and sunny or today, with lots of mud. My speeds were down slightly, but I'm not too worried about that. I think my concern for good footing might have played a part it in. Better safe than sorry, I really had no desire to accidentally do a split or face plant in my yard. No one is home right now to call an ambulance.

It's looking like better weather this week, so I'm hoping I can get out to the range one evening and hit some balls.

SwingSpeed sticks and radar came this afternoon.  Probably should have waited until tomorrow to start because I had just finished exercising but wanted to give them a try.  Left handed was definitely difficult and overall I thought my speeds with the clubs were lower than I thought they would be compared to my baseline driver speed.  

For those filling out the spreadsheet are you just putting your highest MPH whether it was regular swing, step change,  or the last set with the light club?  

SwingSpeed sticks and radar came this afternoon.  Probably should have waited until tomorrow to start because I had just finished exercising but wanted to give them a try.  Left handed was definitely difficult and overall I thought my speeds with the clubs were lower than I thought they would be compared to my baseline driver speed.  
For those filling out the spreadsheet are you just putting your highest MPH whether it was regular swing, step change,  or the last set with the light club?  
Glad to hear that they came in. Personally, I saw slower speeds than I expected the first couple of weeks. It takes a little while to get used to the mentality of swinging faster than you're used to. Looking back at my first week my speeds were 101, 99, and 94, with a starting driver speed of 89 mph. The left handed swings will get easier as you go on.

The fastest swings with each club can come from any of the different protocols. I'm like rev, my fastest swings lately with my lightest stocks are from my last three. When doing the first protocol, most of them are from the step change.

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Glad to hear that they came in. Personally, I saw slower speeds than I expected the first couple of weeks. It takes a little while to get used to the mentality of swinging faster than you're used to. Looking back at my first week my speeds were 101, 99, and 94, with a starting driver speed of 89 mph. The left handed swings will get easier as you go on.

The fastest swings with each club can come from any of the different protocols. I'm like rev, my fastest swings lately with my lightest stocks are from my last three. When doing the first protocol, most of them are from the step change.

my initial swings were generally slower than my driver swing except for a couple when I got back to the green club.  

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you had just finished working out and I would think that your body already being tired probably played into the slower speeds. Daisy has told us to try not to work out or go to the range on the same day that we train, as it could affect our speed. I don't blame you for wanting to try them out. You'll definitely start seeing faster speeds soon.

Gents, being that this Thread is for the official review and updating of the participants.......generally how does everyone feel about another outside party including their "journey" herein? I've followed all of you and this closely, while only lurking in the background, reading the great progress, while going on my journey in earnest since November 1st. 

21 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I think all my fastest speeds except for maybe 2 have come from those last 3 swings with the lightest stick too.  The step change is nearly always a little slower than the regular swing on my dominant side - for some reason, my non-dominant swings are faster.  Maybe because I never developed bad habits on that side.

1 hour ago, Trial&Error said:

Gents, being that this Thread is for the official review and updating of the participants.......generally how does everyone feel about another outside party including their "journey" herein? I've followed all of you and this closely, while only lurking in the background, reading the great progress, while going on my journey in earnest since November 1st. 

Feel free to add in your own experiences with the training sticks.  All of the "official" reviewers already posted their Stage 2 reviews so we're pretty much in the bonus section now.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Feel free to add in your own experiences with the training sticks.  All of the "official" reviewers already posted their Stage 2 reviews so we're pretty much in the bonus section now.
We are always happy to hear from any of our fellow members! Feel free to come on board and share you thoughts and experiences with us.

Going to go with today as my official session 1 with the sticks.   I'll be able to follow most of their suggestions except: ALWAYS train SuperSpeed in the morning when most neurologically fresh.  I am at work at 7:30 am and get up as late as possible.   As a result sessions will occur when I get home.   I want to thank SuperSpeed golf for the quick response to get me the new protocols and dynamic warm-up routines.   

Started with the Dynamic warm-up.  Nothing was all that hard,  but doing the stork showed that I lack a little bit of flexibility.  I think the warm-up will help improve flexibility over the long haul.

After the warm-up I headed to the backyard to give execute session 1 of week 1.   Got everything setup and when I was turning on the radar I realized that my attempts yesterday had the radar set for baseball mode.  Fixed that and I found the results to be more consistent with what I was expecting based on seeing everyone else's week 1 results.   I also felt that the non dominant side swings were a bit easier to execute; not great,  but they felt a bit more comfortable.

Here are the day 1 numbers:

image.png.65d01b9faa81a6de50f5fc0c06398c29.png

Excited to see how this plays out and hoping I get the same results most of the testers are seeing.  

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

Ok deal, bonus content time. 

I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for cluing me in to certain things (as I watched in background) such as updated protocols and ASD Sessions. All of which I acquired at differing times once that info had been posted here.

*For context below, this is how I have "*tested" for swing speed baseline(s) and/or increases through the process: I warm up hitting balls, and work into hitting Driver, recording 10 balls, making note of date, max swing speed, and average crossed all 10 balls.

The Start & Progression

I purchased the sticks and radar last August with the best of intent, and then got caught up in my own golf and laziness and did nothing. After golf season ended I decided I'd start the training in earnest on November 1st.

So, November 1st, off to the range off to the Driving range for my "*test" (see above) baseline session, with the following results: Fastest swing 108mph, Avg. 105.1mph

Through the weeks I train, without recording swing speeds with the sticks in a journal, just doing the protocols and going to driving range for "*test" sessions to see if there is progress, which there was progress. To close out the 2018 calendar year I go and "*test" on December 31st with Max 113mph, Avg. of 108.7 for 10 drivers.

The Turning Point & Current Status

So I see this is working, now start of January 2019 I decide I want to start logging my swing speeds with the sticks in my garage and start pushing alittle. Mainly just because, well, now I'm having fun. So I start logging my sessions, have fun doing it, and head to range to "*test" on January 26th, with result of 115mph fastest swing, Avg of 113.1mph.

February 14th was my last Level 2 training sessions and I start Level 3, and it seems like something has changed according to my log keeping. I'm setting pr's with all sticks almost every session, or my average speeds are all appearing elevated.

Which brings me to current day, yesterday 2/24 I actually get to play 18 holes (third round of 2019), and I'm dying to go "*test" AFTER the round b/c I've been curious about the trend I've been watching and the weather is looking no good anytime soon. So, I break my "normal routine of tested days" and walk to the range after our round, so on February 24th I "*test," not fresh and after golf and record Fastest swing of 121mph & Avg. 115.4mph. I couldn't believe it.

Weird Observations and Points of Interest In My Data

Over this whole time period, I've found that my non-dominant side (lefty, b/c I'm a righty golfer) is faster in all swings and types by ALOT. I average 10-14mph faster lefty in all respects lefty versus my right, EXCEPT only in kneeling.

With the above in mind, I've been looking for patterns in my "*test" data versus my training data and have found, for ME the following:

that the fastest recorded, regular stance, RED stick for the 3 days prior to my "*test" session, when averaged out over those 3 days.........to date has always been within 1-3mph of my average recorded driver swing in the subsequent test session. So if I averaged 115mph, of fastest swing, over 3 days with my RED, my average driver speed in the next test would be 112mph-115mph.

I've got another trend and pattern that seems to be showing itself, for me......but as I typed it I thought it came off confusing but it does also seem to be a fairly good indicator of what my swing speeds will be before doing so. I can post that also if anyone cares for more trends.

All together, it's been alot of fun, and several of you gave me piece of mind to keep powering through, so thought I could pay alittle back by chiming in with another story from out of the blue.

Onward and continuance with the training!

2 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

I actually had this thought the other day. I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. Thanks for the invite, I'll happily oblige.

Background on my swing and general speed: 

I completely reworked my swing this past fall and winter. In that time span, I have played nine holes and been able to hit on heated ranges a few times. I generally do not do well with the driver in indoor spaces. Something about being in a shelter weirds my swing out.

During my December range sessions (pre-SS training), my average driver speed recorded by Swing Caddie was low 90s (90-92).

Early Progress:

I had the chance to hit the range today while I am out of town on a business trip. This was my first range session since starting the introductory protocol. I am about halfway through the first protocol (though I smashed my radar last week). I have completed a few more sessions beyond session six, but it is the last session from which I have data.

r0N5POd.png

07gUvAg.png

Remember how I said I hate hitting driver in enclosed spaces? Yeah, this particular range was VERY tight. The spaces were only large enough to hit driver with no one around you. That only happened for a few minutes, unfortunately. Additionally, the tees were the rubber kind, and a little too tall for my Cobra F6 driver.

HOWEVER, I am ecstatic to say my indoor average driver speed has increased from 90-92 to 96-98 MPH. I was very consistently within that range today. My ball striking was anemic (too high or too low -- I hope because of the rubber tee), and I'm not 100 percent certain of the quality of the range balls. But, I did yield this swing which I was very happy with:

x62QzuL.jpg

My outlook on this is very positive. Especially because of the results I achieved with my 8 iron, which with its shorter length is somehow exempt from my indoor swing mental block:

CWrrwpC.jpg

88 MPH! Smash factor looks low, but I know the Swing Caddie missed this ball somewhat. It cleared the 160 green (that I confirmed with my laser), despite the carry number shown there. In fact, I hit quite a few 8 irons over the 160 green, something that I could never dream of doing prior to swing changes and SS training. (Also, in all fairness, my Wilson C300s are strong-lofted.)

I am still a month or more away from being able to actually hit outside on grass, but I am very, very excited to continue training and to see real world, real ball results.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, Trial&Error said:

Over this whole time period, I've found that my non-dominant side (lefty, b/c I'm a righty golfer) is faster in all swings and types by ALOT. I average 10-14mph faster lefty in all respects lefty versus my right, EXCEPT only in kneeling.

With the above in mind, I've been looking for patterns in my "*test" data versus my training data and have found, for ME the following:

that the fastest recorded, regular stance, RED stick for the 3 days prior to my "*test" session, when averaged out over those 3 days.........to date has always been within 1-3mph of my average recorded driver swing in the subsequent test session. So if I averaged 115mph, of fastest swing, over 3 days with my RED, my average driver speed in the next test would be 112mph-115mph.

Very interesting that your weak side is faster. I am terribly uncoordinated, so as my body is "learning" a left-handed swing, it has gone up quite a bit as my numbers show. But still considerably slower. I can't even rotate properly; it's pretty much a lunge-y type of swing.

I would love for your correlation to match mine. That would put my swing at 102-105 MPH. I could see that actually being the case if I could get out of my head (or the heated stall!).

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

7 hours ago, Trial&Error said:

Would love to hear it!

Right Handed. 

Going to go with today as my official session 1 with the sticks.   I'll be able to follow most of their suggestions except: ALWAYS train SuperSpeed in the morning when most neurologically fresh.  I am at work at 7:30 am and get up as late as possible.   As a result sessions will occur when I get home.   I want to thank SuperSpeed golf for the quick response to get me the new protocols and dynamic warm-up routines.   
Started with the Dynamic warm-up.  Nothing was all that hard,  but doing the stork showed that I lack a little bit of flexibility.  I think the warm-up will help improve flexibility over the long haul.
After the warm-up I headed to the backyard to give execute session 1 of week 1.   Got everything setup and when I was turning on the radar I realized that my attempts yesterday had the radar set for baseball mode.  Fixed that and I found the results to be more consistent with what I was expecting based on seeing everyone else's week 1 results.   I also felt that the non dominant side swings were a bit easier to execute; not great,  but they felt a bit more comfortable.
Here are the day 1 numbers:
image.png.65d01b9faa81a6de50f5fc0c06398c29.png

Excited to see how this plays out and hoping I get the same results most of the testers are seeing.  

If it means anything I keep a paper record of my top speeds on every drill during the week and then enter my top speeds on the spread sheet at the end of the week. You’re off to a great start!

Even though SuperSpeed prefers morning workouts we’re all different. I’m faster in the afternoon - always. For that reason SuperSpeed has told me to try and do afternoon workouts. Also, this is not about average speed in workouts, it’s about fastest speed. We are testing to teach our brains into believing that we can swing faster!

Welcome to all the new guys. Glad to have you here with us. SuperSpeed must be over joyed to see this. They’d really be happy to hear the buzz at my club. The Phil win was huge for them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So I practiced this morning intending to do my first protocol of the week late afternoon. It’s been raining all afternoon though and the radar does not look promising so I fit my ASD for the week in instead. It’s shorter and there isn’t the double step that’s problematic in the wet.

I know we are supposed to do the ASD in the middle but sometimes things aren’t ideal.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Curious question for Superspeed, given it seems most of the parties in this official review seem to be moving past or into the "second plateau" phase as we've all seen indicated in the graph.............what are the expectations going forward? Have there been enough sample sizes/data points to get an idea of what the progression is (or is not) as we continue further into Levels 3, 4 and beyond? A slow grind up and no plateaus? 

Edited by Trial&Error

@Trial and Error I missed a post of yours earlier on about being faster lefty than righty.  I don't know where you are at in your training but to me this would indicate that the recoil protocol (ASD 2) may bring huge benefits.  I suspect that you have far more potential distance and that there is some sort of sequencing issue that you are experiencing with your swing.  You may wish to try that protocol once a week (if you are done with level 2) or take a lesson or better do both. 🙂

Great to add your input into the mix.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

51 minutes ago, revkev said:

@Trial and Error I missed a post of yours earlier on about being faster lefty than righty.  I don't know where you are at in your training but to me this would indicate that the recoil protocol (ASD 2) may bring huge benefits.  I suspect that you have far more potential distance and that there is some sort of sequencing issue that you are experiencing with your swing.  You may wish to try that protocol once a week (if you are done with level 2) or take a lesson or better do both. 🙂

Great to add your input into the mix.

Thanks for the input Revkev. I started Level 3 training on February 16th. had not linked those together, so I may do just that and see what happens? If nothing else, sneaking in ASD 2 during the training may break up some monotony. I think I'm close enough to the "week 20" area to do so I reckon. 

I did email superspeed weeks ago, concerning those findings. I indicated in my email to them I was struck by the fact that during the entire duration of my training that I'd seen 10-14mph faster on my non-dominant side and if I should be concerned or modify anything. This is what I got in response:

"I don’t believe there is any modification necessary. I would just say that you need to be as aggressive as possible on your dominant side. Many of the most powerful players in the world actually play golf on their non-dominant side relative to the hand they write with. This makes the lead side of their golf swing their dominant leg, which does have some potential to help the player transfer more energy in the kinematic sequence. I am not  necessarily recommending that you switch sides!"

Best,

Michael Napoleon, PGA
President
SuperSpeed Golf, LLC
Edited by Trial&Error

A weird thing is happening. My left handed swings are starting to get faster than a lot of my right handed swings. Is this supposed to happen?  Was my left side that weak from never using it in a swing?  Was my body that imbalanced regarding strength?  Anyone else experience this?

Right Handed. 

Just finished up week 21 of the training.  My numbers with the training sticks have been holding steady for the last 6 weeks.  The main thing I'm checking now is my before and after driver speeds.  They have been within 2mph of each other so I'm hoping that means I've hit the Normalization #2 mark a little early and the 2nd jump is  permanent now.

image.png.21498be8cf007c0e1284f4667bc712aa.png

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

On 3/1/2019 at 7:00 AM, joen said:

A weird thing is happening. My left handed swings are starting to get faster than a lot of my right handed swings. Is this supposed to happen?  Was my left side that weak from never using it in a swing?  Was my body that imbalanced regarding strength?  Anyone else experience this?

I've been seeing a little of that on mostly the step swings and occasionally the kneeling swings.  I think it may have more to do with bad sequencing being ingrained on my right side - some of those lefty swings with the step move feel smoother that on my dominant right side. 

Week 1 in the books and numbers are posted below.  Overall the training is pretty straight forward and quick to complete.  Numbers with the set have increased a little bit and the left side swings are becoming a less awkward.  Haven't had a chance to get to the course to see how my swing is doing,  but have been doing most wanted iron testing and my distances seem up a little from my normal club distances.  Hoping to get to the course tomorrow so maybe I can judge some distances on the actual course.  

image.png.df35aeb662a41d4e8e0be376c13f9598.png