Big money

Any gamers here?

Used to play quite a bit, but don't play frequently enough to justify new games every year anymore. Heck I still have some in packaging and I've had my xbox for almost three years now. But currently flipping between NHL and Madden 16, Forza 6, and COD: BO3 when I find time. With winter around the corner I will likely be dusting off the controllers and getting back into it a bit more.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This whole getting older thing is killing the gaming vibe.  I'll occasionally crank up the Xbox One, but it's becoming increasingly rare.  Mainly FIFA, The Golf Club or Rory, sometimes a FPS (Overwatch, Battlefield),  or Forza. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

You don't stop gaming when you grow old..........

You grow old when you stop gaming..........;)

Word. But these newer games are just all visuals.Im one for the old school PAC Man, Defender, Centepede,pinball machines etc.These new games lack substance and all around fun from back in the day.Its always a pleasure when they bring out old school anthologies.Infact, I think the gaming developers need too go back with that style 

31 minutes ago, Big money said:

Word. But these newer games are just all visuals.Im one for the old school PAC Man, Defender, Centepede,pinball machines etc.These new games lack substance and all around fun from back in the day.Its always a pleasure when they bring out old school anthologies.Infact, I think the gaming developers need too go back with that style 

Just like real life. You could never beat the game, levels just kept getting harder and harder in until you die.

most fun I had was Manic miner and jet set willy- only 20 levels in Manic miner and level 17 was the best I could do in 2 years of trying

Fishing Planet is my go to game when the weather is bad.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

When I actually have the time to sit down and play...

MLB The Show
Battlefield 1
Assassins Creed
Destiny 2

Looking forward to new Red Dead Redemption 2. It is going to be AWESOME

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My hayday for games was my college years. MW2, Halo 3, and Guitar Hero were the regular rotation. I tried to maintain that magic after college but it just wasn't the same. Now, I've got no consoles but get my fix in by watching YouTube playthroughs (Fortnight, RDR2) and by playing mobile games. 

Took a stint with Clash Royale but the latest hotness is Battlelands Royale. Can't get enough of it! Feel free to add me for some duos action:

STUDque#8275

Available for Android and iOS and the player pools cross over. Just got a sweet Halloween update too.

IMG_9223.PNG.ea280e3dc3912fd2beb9b164c06eccfd.PNG

313C6174-FDEF-4B82-845C-9EE81C9E2C11.thumb.jpeg.24a0a8c0fdc1beef7d43a6df78bfe3bc.jpeg

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battlelands-royale/id1296181302?mt=8

• Like 1

I was the Tiger Woods 2000 Master. Now, I play MARIO Kart once a month on family video game night.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

So we rummaged through my in-laws attic a while back and found an N64. I've been slowly playing through Mario 64 during our visits.

Tonight, I beat Bowser. Man what a rush. That third throw can be SO frustrating. 

I beat the game a handful of times in my glory days but it still feels good to do it again after all these years. The camera on that game did not age well...it's a constant struggle. BUT the game is still charming and enjoyable to play. 

E9F242A8-9D2B-458B-93E6-40B0E8F8850D.jpegA48A1F5A-78A4-4696-BE08-ACAA3EF35279.jpegD14E037B-8823-4930-82B7-ACF444809D8F.jpeg98565234-267E-40F1-A217-15EE8142CD92.jpeg6085F9BF-5ADB-480A-93F0-64E28D2796E7.jpeg6ED3D745-63EB-4A5B-9388-C2414EEB9500.jpeg

• Like 7

Mostly play all the LEGO games on Xbox One.  Playing through DC Villains right now.  It's more fun now because my kids will play with me.

We did just get a Switch for christmas for the kids so I've also been playing some Mario Kart.  Eventually plan on picking up Zelda and Mario Odyssey down the road.

• Like 1

Got a PS4 and switch this year. Only really played Spider-Man and god of war on the PS4. Been playing a lot of smash bros on the switch 

I got Super NES Classic and have been trying to get past the fourth guy on Punchout. My daughter just hammers guys with left jabs but I’ve slowed down I guess.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Pubg only for me on phone. I used to game all the time madden cod you name it. 

On 1/1/2019 at 9:08 PM, Mr_Theoo said:

Got a PS4 and switch this year. Only really played Spider-Man and god of war on the PS4. Been playing a lot of smash bros on the switch 

I have the same setup as you and just got smash bros at christmas from my 13 year old nephew. They crushed it with that one, kept the original in tact and just added some QoL improvements and an adventure mode. Glad to know there is a another serious gamer hanging out around here. 🙂 

You just got a PS4 for the first time? If thats the case, I am happy to give you recommendations, you can get some amazing games on the cheap that were created years ago. Even games from last year are some of the best I have ever played and you can get them for nothing now. 

When I had an Xbox 360, Tiger Woods was my go to game. Upgraded to a PS4 and got the Rory game. I don't play as much as I used to with the chipping and putting area I made in the basement. I try to get to the indoor range more this winter so less time sitting in front of the TV gaming. I'd much rather be hitting real golf balls instead of the computer generated ones on the screen any way.

Chris

I've been hooked on AC Odyssey for the past couple of months. I only get to play a little at a time since we hit a busy season at work. I'm also considering Red Dead 2, a guy I work with is absolutely obsessed it and from what I see it looks great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1