jlukes

2019 PGA Tour Equipment Changes (Rumors)

9 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Clothing and shoe deals are different from the club deals. Nike isn’t paying him to play their hybrid. I agree with the Mizuno comment, those JPX’s were what guys who weren’t paid to play clubs were choosing, they’re that good.

He was just getting a weekly baggage fee for playing the M3, it wasn’t a contract.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The Nike athletes had clothing, gear and bag deals. When Nike stopped making equipment their staffers were free to play whatever they wanted butif they signed a deal then they lost a percentage of their equipment contract. Brooks and Fleetwood are two staffers still on Nike club contracts 

The Nike athletes had clothing, gear and bag deals. When Nike stopped making equipment their staffers were free to play whatever they wanted butif they signed a deal then they lost a percentage of their equipment contract. Brooks and Fleetwood are two staffers still on Nike club contracts 

Interesting

https://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2018/08/28/golf-clubs-equipment-free-agents-success.html

"You can play what you want and that's the beauty of it," Koepka said. "You don't have ties to one particular company, so if something isn't working, you can look elsewhere. You just play what works for you. With the success some guys have had this season, I think maybe you'll see more guys [go the free agent route] in the future."

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 10:12 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I don't see that changing anytime soon.  With his dad I think on staff with them as a teaching pro and he has pretty much been the poster boy of success for the brand the past couple years. 

He was a hell of a driver of the golf ball using the 917, I can't wait to see what his numbers look like once he starts putting a TS in play. Bombcity!

Tommy Fleetwood gaming new irons!   

Called it! Now I just have to dig through the forums and find where I said he’d switch to Taylormade as soon as they made the TW irons.

My wife will probably divorce me when these irons hit retail. Because I will own a set.

IMG_4787.PNG

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Called it! Now I just have to dig through the forums and find where I said he’d switch to Taylormade as soon as they made the TW irons.

My wife will probably divorce me when these irons hit retail. Because I will own a set.

IMG_4787.PNG

These are the second set of TW irons so he isn’t playing TM as soon as they made tw set. 

These are the second set of TW irons so he isn’t playing TM as soon as they made tw set. 

This was after the phase 1. But I see your move.