Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

best sunday/pencil style bag?

Sandy Koufax

I am looking for a bag I can wear on my back while I ride my bike to the course. Mostly when I go I'm just practicing putting or short game so it doesn't have to hold 14 clubs. But a good strap system and light weight are priorities. Anyone on here use this type of minimalist equipment? Looking for recommendations off the beaten path (I can find the titleist.com website on my own, LOL!)

The Germans are only dead, when the coffin is nailed shut

56 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

Belding makes an absolutely beautiful pencil style bag, but bring serious money.

That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head, but Tad Moore may have something on his website.

You aint lying LOL 

The Germans are only dead, when the coffin is nailed shut

check out my post in the Japanese section - mizuno BR-D2 bag

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I am looking for a bag I can wear on my back while I ride my bike to the course. Mostly when I go I'm just practicing putting or short game so it doesn't have to hold 14 clubs. But a good strap system and light weight are priorities. Anyone on here use this type of minimalist equipment? Looking for recommendations off the beaten path (I can find the titleist.com website on my own, LOL!)

Image1538534602.415861.jpg

Stitch Golf

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Those high end, minimalist bags are absolutely beautiful.

I can picture being young, walking while carrying my own bag, and playing with seven or eight clubs.

I can picture it.  Can barely remember when I could last do it.

Now I'm going back to check out the hickory sets on the Louisville and Tad Moore websites.

Sometimes picturing things is all you've got.

I recently purchased the Stitch SL1 after having the Jones bag for a while, as much as I loved the Jones the stitch is exactly what I was looking for, nice material, minimalistic look, no logos except very small orange stitch badge. A little pricy but it has held up well, the stand mechanism works great and after a full summer of use looks just about brand new. I highly recommend.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:49 PM, dano0726 said:

Check out Caddy Daddy Golf Ranger bag ($49) on Amazon. I bought one and love it

If you are looking to ride on your bike with it. I think the Caddy Daddy is a great way to go. Nice functional bag and a great price at that.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Seamus Fescue Project sunday bag and I love it.  I have a Jones original as well, but the Seamus is a much better bag. 

I carry 12 clubs, (no 3 wood and no gap wedge) so sunday bags are perfect for me.  

I even use it on a cart when I play courses that don't allow walking, and I don't get club tangle because the bag is standing straight up. 

I've had ping moonlight, the titleist version, the mizuno version, and a sun mountain version.  None of those are as comfortable as a bag with no spine and stand mechanism. And the reason why the Jones bag loses to the Seamus?  The hard plastic base and plastic round top.  Believe it or not, the soft opening with the 3 way leather divider top on the Seamus is perfect.  The plastic on the jones makes a loud "thunk" like I'm hitting an empty 5 ballon water bottle like a drum.  Makes it sound cheap.  

Bear in mind, this is for the complete minimalist.  It literally has 1 pocket that will hold up to 10 golf balls (I keep 4-6 and my sunglasses in there), a mesh pocket I keep a small drawstring pounch in that holds my markers/tees/divot repair) and a top pocket I keep my wallet and keys in.  

It has a bungie chord I wrap my light weight jacket in, and a single strap.  And it fits perfectly on my shoulder and lays on the  small of my back, firmly, and without club head rattling.  

I'm tempted to buy another one, but they're not cheap, and the designs are very limited.  i use a pair of trestle sticks as a stand mechanism, but I end up putting the bag down on the ground most of the time except for on a tee box.  

20 hours ago, orangebang said:

I have a Seamus Fescue Project sunday bag and I love it.  I have a Jones original as well, but the Seamus is a much better bag. 

I carry 12 clubs, (no 3 wood and no gap wedge) so sunday bags are perfect for me.  

I even use it on a cart when I play courses that don't allow walking, and I don't get club tangle because the bag is standing straight up. 

I've had ping moonlight, the titleist version, the mizuno version, and a sun mountain version.  None of those are as comfortable as a bag with no spine and stand mechanism. And the reason why the Jones bag loses to the Seamus?  The hard plastic base and plastic round top.  Believe it or not, the soft opening with the 3 way leather divider top on the Seamus is perfect.  The plastic on the jones makes a loud "thunk" like I'm hitting an empty 5 ballon water bottle like a drum.  Makes it sound cheap.  

Bear in mind, this is for the complete minimalist.  It literally has 1 pocket that will hold up to 10 golf balls (I keep 4-6 and my sunglasses in there), a mesh pocket I keep a small drawstring pounch in that holds my markers/tees/divot repair) and a top pocket I keep my wallet and keys in.  

It has a bungie chord I wrap my light weight jacket in, and a single strap.  And it fits perfectly on my shoulder and lays on the  small of my back, firmly, and without club head rattling.  

I'm tempted to buy another one, but they're not cheap, and the designs are very limited.  i use a pair of trestle sticks as a stand mechanism, but I end up putting the bag down on the ground most of the time except for on a tee box.  

Yeah I like those bags... Pretty sure it's what a Mackenzie bag feels like too. 

On 10/2/2018 at 1:35 PM, NiftyNiblick said:

Belding makes an absolutely beautiful pencil style bag, but bring serious money.

That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head, but Tad Moore may have something on his website.

The Belding pencil bas is gorgeous, well crafted, and indeed, not something you will find discounted at Walmart. I have a bushwhacker cart bag from them and I have never owned such a well crafted piece of non-weapon equipment.  Since my wife has me on a budget, I suspect my Sunday bag will be from Ping.  But if price is no object, the Belding may indeed last you for more than a few decades.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• 2 months later...

All beautiful picks.  I played The Cradle at Pinehurst the other day in a team-building event for work and carried four clubs in a Seamus Fescue.  Had a blast.

If you want something that can work with all 14 clubs as well, check out the Sun Mountain 2.5.  I have one and love it.  It's not great on a push cart, so I'm back to using my Cobra Ultralight.  But I wouldn't hesitate to use it with a half set.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino