Kor.A.Door

D v D 2

6 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I’m not sure of my favorite so far, the young kid and the infinity has some merit and a good design, it will be interesting to see how that changes throughout the process. Maybe in he next couple shows I will see a clear favorite. I think some of the designs could be really good if they can make them work correctly. 

I watched a portion of the second episode again today, and I am still scratching my head at the guys that said no to combining forces, and now all of the “no’s” are eliminated. 

Yea only one group teaming up was odd

Yea only one group teaming up was odd

This is still reality tv. I bet anything they were told to team up and the other 4 was just for excitement/drama. I look at this like most reality shows, 10% real, 90% predetermined. Could be wrong. I didn’t watch the first one but I’m watching this years and I like it.

Blake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, robertson153 said:

This is still reality tv. I bet anything they were told to team up and the other 4 was just for excitement/drama. I look at this like most reality shows, 10% real, 90% predetermined. Could be wrong. I didn’t watch the first one but I’m watching this years and I like it.

Blake

I don’t think this was predetermined, they made the offer for 6 designers to group together to make 3 separate teams, and they would choose the 2 best of those 3, essentially the ones that said no sealed their fate, the judges said that the design wasn’t good enough to go through on their own, and would be better suited if you were to team up and combine designs. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to read between the lines /partner up, or go home/ that was the message, and that is exactly what happened. 

That said, I am intrigued by some of these designs. One of the things I am looking at while I watch: does the contestant have a team attitude, meaning, do they work well with the designers, do they listen to critique, and willing to make the necessary changes, the winner will come from the 2-3 contestants that have that attitude. I have an idea who I think will be in the final 3 just by listening to them interact with the judges and their demeanor while speaking with the “experts”. 

• Like 4

I actually submitted a design for this 2nd season.   

I have no idea what the criteria were for choosing the 16, but I'm sure my video lacked flair or something.  Maybe I'm biased towards myself, but I think the design I had was sound, and I'm praying it doesn't somehow get "influenced" into these finalists. (i'm sure they can do whatever they want with my submission).  

That's all I'll say for now, as I'm already working on next year's plan, if there's a chance they have a season 3.  :)

I think the Roswell has the greatest chance to make it, provided the crown can be strong enough to push enough weight below.   The Inifinty channel is gimmicky but that's what will pull people in if it can be made to be effective.  The bone tissue top design thing is going to be interesting.   I'm waiting for the returning guy to get cut.  I'm stoked for his drive, but he seems to be a bit too sure of himself and his design.  I mean, you have to convince yourself your design is amazing, but it seems like he's not taking criticism and advice well. 

Edited by knightsofnii
grammar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, knightsofnii said:

I actually submitted a design for this 2nd season.   

I have no idea what the criteria were for choosing the 16, but I'm sure my video lacked flair or something.  Maybe I'm biased towards myself, but I think the design I had was sound, and I'm praying it doesn't somehow get "influenced" into these finalists. (i'm sure they can do whatever they want with my submission).  

That's all I'll say for now, as I'm already working on next year's plan, if there's a chance they have a season 3.  :)

I think the Roswell has the greatest chance to make it, provided the crown can be strong enough to push enough weight below.   The Inifinty channel is gimmicky but that's what will pull people in if it can be made to be effective.  The bone tissue top design thing is going to be interesting.   I'm waiting for the returning guy to get cut.  I'm stoked for his drive, but he seems to be a bit too sure of himself and his design.  I mean, you have to convince yourself your design is amazing, but it seems like he's not taking criticism and advice well. 

I'm sure more than just me would interested in seeing your design

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

I'm sure more than just me would interesting in seeing your design

I second that.

• Like 2

Thus far it’s been a bit boring to me. I’ll be more interested once they start building and testing prototypes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Does anyone else hear “angels” when Melanie Collins is on-screen??? Weirdest thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So last night was the first prototype testing with some really interesting 3D printed titanium heads. I was really impressed with some of the numbers these clubs were getting in just general prototype mode. A few of the heads had failures, but I think that had more to do with the quick production turnaround and those designs having different crown materials (the Launchpad, Black Hornet, and Dial Shot all failed I believe) Also, the Dial Shot had really bad smash factor and ball speed numbers. I think it'll be a challenge for him to make up that difference. In the end Black Hornet went home

I think now you're seeing the top 3 materialize with Roswell, Magnus, and Cortex being heads and shoulders above everything else as far as I can tell. I'm hoping for the Roswell with a name tweak, because the weight track is super interesting to me. Magnus seems the safe choice which is something I think WIlson will try to avoid, and Cortex sits in the middle and outside of interior structure, there isn't a compelling story.

• Like 1

Outside of using 3d printed designs compared to the normal process of having the protons made overseas nothing in last nights episode makes me want to 1) watch 2) go try the winner

• Like 1

I’m interested in next weeks show when the show testing at the PGA Show.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’m interested in next weeks show when the show testing at the PGA Show.

Agreed, especially since it'll look like they'll actually have more solid prototypes and to see the feedback from potential buyers in the public as well as large purchasers from companies should be interesting. Do you have a favorite so far CNosil?

• Like 1

Do you have a favorite so far CNosil?

No favorite, I am more interested in the process aspect of the show and seeing how the designs evolve.
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, cnosil said:

No favorite, I am more interested in the process aspect of the show and seeing how the designs evolve.

Fair enough, it is nifty to see the development stage play out in front of us. 

Also, an aside for a second. Wilson already has a line of putters called the Infinite. Line synergy with a Roswell rebrand has to be something they're thinking about, right?

• Like 1

My Golf Spy sighting on tonights episode.   GolfSpy Sam  at the opening of the PGA Show portion showed  a swing and him walking into the booth. 

• Like 5

BAsed on the previews for the next episode,  it looks like some additional MGS love.  

• Like 3

My Golf Spy sighting on tonights episode.   GolfSpy Sam  at the opening of the PGA Show portion showed  a swing and him walking into the booth. 

Awesome!! I have it on DVR. I'll have to check it out. Did he break the LM

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing
  • Like 3

Awesome!! I have it on DVR. I'll have to check it out. Did he break the LM

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

Just two quick clips; if you didn’t know what he looked like you wouldn’t recognize him. I knew he was supposed to be in some episodes so I have been looking. Next week he should be onscreen more.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Just two quick clips; if you didn’t know what he looked like you wouldn’t recognize him. I knew he was supposed to be in some episodes so I have been looking. Next week he should be onscreen more.

I was looking for him but wasn't sure whether or not I saw him in this episode.  Definitely recognized that hitting bay in the preview for episode 4.   This show is heating up.  I am to the point where I anticipate the new episode of DVD 2 more than Better Call Saul.

• Like 3