philipjunior

Hello from Southern KY

I've been reading the site for a while now and would browse the boards on occasion. I've played golf casually since late high school, but was always more of getting out and drinking beers than trying to improve. A couple years ago I joined a country club and started taking the game more seriously. Due to having a young family and busy job I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like. My 24 handicap reflects this but I'm trying to find more ways to improve without having to leave my family for hours during the week. 

I'd say at this point I'm completely obsessed with the game. Everything from course architecture, to the tour, to equipment. My wife would quickly tell you that I spend way too much time reading about and watching golf so am always interested in conversation and learning more. 

I'm in Bowling Green KY so if anyone ever wants to get out and play I'm always game. (pending approval from the wife)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.  Best of luck.  Work on chipping and putting at home.

• Like 1

Welcome. Fellow south central Kentuckian here. About an hour north of Bowling Green.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.  Best of luck.  Work on chipping and putting at home.

I got a birdie ball putting green for fathers day and try to putt some every day. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum from Indiana

Welcome from Sunny FLA......although I grew up in Central Kentucky

Hello and welcome from NY! Does your wife have any interest in picking up the game? It's a good way for you to spend time together and for you to get out on the course and play......

Welcome from central Kentucky!! Always great to get an addition from the Bluegrass state.