Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

New Driver Needed, broke my M1

catchmeoutside

So I broke my 2016 M1 out of anger so I am needing a new one. The M1 was not fitted and I didn't have a ton of success with it. I have been hitting my golf buddy's 2017 M2 with stiff shaft and good Lord and am hitting it long and straight. I honestly cannot hit a bad drive with this thing. I feel like I can swing as hard as I want and it will not slice. 

However, I think I need an X stiff shaft so I am getting fitted Monday for a Cobra F8 since it is only $299 and I love the look + Cobra connect. If I can't hit the Cobra as good as my friend's M2 he will sell it to me for $299. Either way I have realized what I have been missing. My old M1 was definitely not for me and has cost me alot of strokes/headache these past 2 years.

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

64 Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedge

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart

Country Club Elite® Hitting Strip 10"x30"

Rukket Haack Golf Net By SEC Coach Chris Haack 10 X 7ft

good luck and enjoy! Cobra makes some sweet stuff. I got a final show down between my Fly Z+ and Cleveland Launcher, now that they both have the same shaft. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I have a Callaway Epic SZ with HZRDUS yellow or Rogue Max but they are stiff flex

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Bought my Ping G400 last year and I've been exceedingly happy. I know a lot of guys gaming the G400 driver too. A lot of VERY happy customers.

One you go PING you never go back. :)

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I wanted new so I could get custom fitted. I ended up getting fitted for a Ping G400 SFT with a Tour 80 X-stiff shaft. Now I need to work on getting the spin down. In my fitting I was hitting the 3000 rev mark on my best hits and 4000 on my bad hits. I tried the LST but it wasn't as straight as the SFT and the Max had even more spin and wasn't as straight.

Setup is G400 SFT, Tour 80 X, 44.75" midsize grip

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

11 hours ago, catchmeoutside said:

I wanted new so I could get custom fitted. I ended up getting fitted for a Ping G400 SFT with a Tour 80 X-stiff shaft. Now I need to work on getting the spin down. In my fitting I was hitting the 3000 rev mark on my best hits and 4000 on my bad hits. I tried the LST but it wasn't as straight as the SFT and the Max had even more spin and wasn't as straight.

Setup is G400 SFT, Tour 80 X, 44.75" midsize grip

One of the shaft upgrades PING offers is the Aldila X-Torsion Copper. I snapped one up off of eBay in stiff-flex and spin seemed to come way down for me with my SFT. It really woke it up for me and it hits mostly straight and longer too. I haven't gotten it in front of a LM yet, but it's obvious that this shaft works a ton better than the original stock Alta I had been fitted to. Maybe see if your fitter has that one available to give a whirl with.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

8 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

One of the shaft upgrades PING offers is the Aldila X-Torsion Copper. I snapped one up off of eBay in stiff-flex and spin seemed to come way down for me with my SFT. It really woke it up for me and it hits mostly straight and longer too. I haven't gotten it in front of a LM yet, but it's obvious that this shaft works a ton better than the original stock Alta I had been fitted to. Maybe see if your fitter has that one available to give a whirl with.

Does it come with X-stiff flex?

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

6 minutes ago, catchmeoutside said:

Does it come with X-stiff flex?

It does indeed. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.aldila.com/xtorsion-copper-2/

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

I've also heard and seen folks just gushing about the performance of the Project X HZRDUS Yellow shaft for their G400's too. That is also a shaft upgrade PING offers.

Here's a video James Robinson did for his G400 fitting that may also help.

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

James's swing is way different than mine. 7.5 degrees of loft? Wow. He must really have an upward attack angle. 

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

1 hour ago, catchmeoutside said:

James's swing is way different than mine. 7.5 degrees of loft? Wow. He must really have an upward attack angle. 

Understood. My takeaway on vids like this are seeing the evolution of how the ball reacts with differing shafts regardless of swing style. It's fascinating what that tech brings to the picture.

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Archived