TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist TS cost

Har in the Hat

I was on the webiste of (our big box store up here in Canada ) Golftown  and looking at the  Titleist TS driver.

Are you sitting down for this --- $660 CAD.   

Are you friggin kidding me???

is there going to be a point where we as consumers say  " Enough is Enough". These prices arre getting out of hand.

titleistcost.png

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

$500 has pretty much been the norm for the last few years. When you factor in that most are using real deal shafts and have many non-upcharge ones it seems like the cost is justifiable. I don't love the price increases either but I do get it at least.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Untill sales and profits go down, prices will go up. It is a supply and demand problem. The demand is still there so price will keep rising.

Especially with a brand like Titleist, who has an elite vibe, they can keep raising prices. People with money can/will pay for status symbols. Why do you think PXG is still in business. 

I always buy used and haven't paid over $150 for a driver. I don't care about status symbols therefore the newest and greatest doesn't appeal to me. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Having just gotten back into the game I was not about to drop $500 on ONE club. And since I prefer not to go used I went the clone route.

I don’t need the latest and greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

Im not so offended by the price of these clubs. Use some restraint and purchase something that you plan to keep for a few years. When you include the increasing costs for a manufacturer to provide wages and benefits to employees it has one direction to go and that’s up. I bought my G400 this year for $520 and that’ll stay in my bag until my 1 year old is in Kindergarten.

It also doesn’t mean that the 917 or 915 are immediately junk. They were artillery for JT the past few years and don’t stop working just because the newest and greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

wow.... I mean.... wow.... this is absurd... absolutely ridiculous.  I wonder what the breaking point is?  I'm willing to bet that we will see an 800 dollar driver in the next few years (PXG excluded, of course)...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

We all have Dr. Bob to thank for the increase in the cost of golf equipment. He trailblazed a path to higher prices and when the other golf companies saw consumers were willing to pay it, they followed suit. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

The thing is that price isn't even really for the driver itself, it's for the R&D for the driver that's coming out next year or two.. just like with medications/pharmaceuticals

But yeah I think people will keep paying it, or more will wait for the next cycles stuff to come out and still get these new at a discounted price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Headhammer said:

We all have Dr. Bob to thank for the increase in the cost of golf equipment. He trailblazed a path to higher prices and when the other golf companies saw consumers were willing to pay it, they followed suit. 

It has nothing to do with Dr. Bob.  All brands offer clubs at different price levels and even with the addition of real deal px shafts this year titleist kept the same price on their woods.  Irons from several companies have had minimal increase in price since last release.

as was mentioned earlier in the thread the cost of materials, cost of labor, r&d, marketing all factor into the cost of the club.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

One of the guys in my game yesterday to going to give the new TS a shot this next week. Titleist will be in town and making the rounds so he's going to try their fitting.

I'm concerned a new driver will not his answer. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Honestly I think this is the PXG effect. When they first came out everyone thought they were crazy to price their clubs so high. They proved they could sale clubs so now others are following.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

13 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

One of the guys in my game yesterday to going to give the new TS a shot this next week. Titleist will be in town and making the rounds so he's going to try their fitting.

I'm concerned a new driver will not his answer. 🏌️‍♂️

type like yoda you do! 😋

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Just don’t buy - lots of other drivers in the sea.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

10 minutes ago, revkev said:

Just don’t buy - lots of other drivers in the sea.

I second that Rev. I'm going to be entering the coming new year again with and old year 2014 SLDR. Unless a day or driver comes along where I've giving up yardage against my contemporaries and their latest and greatest drivers I'm sticking with old faithful.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

19 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

I was on the webiste of (our big box store up here in Canada ) Golftown  and looking at the  Titleist TS driver.

is there going to be a point where we as consumers say  " Enough is Enough". These prices arre getting out of hand.

titleistcost.png

Getting out of hand? I'd say driver prices have been out of hand for some time.

That looks like a bargain compared to some fly rods 😉.  Golf, like most sports is a marketing guy's dream.  There has always been a portion of those involved with a sport/hobby who like having the latest in gear.  I've never had that desire in most all things - the frugal side of me simply does not see the value.  The 3-4 year old Callaway driver I just purchased this past January retailed for over $300 new and I bought it for $50 including new grip and head cover.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

20 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It has nothing to do with Dr. Bob.  All brands offer clubs at different price levels and even with the addition of real deal px shafts this year titleist kept the same price on their woods.  Irons from several companies have had minimal increase in price since last release.

as was mentioned earlier in the thread the cost of materials, cost of labor, r&d, marketing all factor into the cost of the club.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but at the time PXG entered the market equipment sales had been negative for 5 consecutive years. PXG did not offer multiple lines and instead offered a high priced luxury item that outsold all of the other more expensive lines causing golf companies to rethink their pricing strategies. Historically companies built clubs to achieve a certain price point that they would rarely exceed. Now they are not letting those pricing norms dictate club features.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

YES, I paid full retail for my G400 ($399 + tax).

YES, I recently bought and installed a new "upgraded" shaft for it ($95).

YES, it was a painful up-front cost but offset a bit with the sale of my G driver (good riddance) as well as the stock shaft from the 400.

NO regrets and NO apologies. When I'm on with it is a blast to hit and well worth the $$$. This will be in my bag for years to come as will my wedges ($170-ea x3).

Will I ever consider a buying a golf club at a higher price point in the future..? Hard to say for me anyway, but the ends of my bag are set for now. My next big thing is irons that actually work...🙏

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

That looks like a bargain compared to some fly rods .  Golf, like most sports is a marketing guy's dream.  There has always been a portion of those involved with a sport/hobby who like having the latest in gear.  I've never had that desire in most all things - the frugal side of me simply does not see the value.  The 3-4 year old Callaway driver I just purchased this past January retailed for over $300 new and I bought it for $50 including new grip and head cover.  

Oh yeah! I stopped buying brand new windsurf boards and sails and surfboards YEARS ago ... prices were taking big jumps every year.
(Of course that also coincided with me getting into golf and now spending plenty of $$$ on that.....)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, Headhammer said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but at the time PXG entered the market equipment sales had been negative for 5 consecutive years. PXG did not offer multiple lines and instead offered a high priced luxury item that outsold all of the other more expensive lines causing golf companies to rethink their pricing strategies. Historically companies built clubs to achieve a certain price point that they would rarely exceed. Now they are not letting those pricing norms dictate club features.

Parsons is going after a different market than what the rest of the OEMs are chasing. Parsons wants a consumer that doesn’t care about price but wants what others don’t have or looking for that exclusivity.  Prior to PXG there were already high priced clubs available to use consumers like Honma, Miura and XXIO and their success had no impact on how OEMs prices their clubs.  Titleist launches the limited c16 release and the T-MB as their dive into the hollow body and somewhat exclusive line while keeping all their other lines in the normal price range and even with the recent releases of 718, 818, TS the prices have remained normal or same as previous release while at the same time adding new technology, process and/or high end shafts as stock.  Calllaway took the bait and went with the Epic irons to chase that high end  crowd while yet keeping all other lines at the same price as previous lines.  TaylorMade kept their m family in line with previous releases and raised prices on theirs p lineup some of which was limited release like p730/750 and the 770/790 were roughly what many OEMs had out for similar products.

Did Parsons success give them something to consider about raising process. I would say yes. Did it alter their pricing significantly? I would say no.  These companies are in it to make a profit and as you mentioned they build to a price point and that price point takes into account the amount R&D gets to spend, how much goes to marketing plus the cost of materials which is going up as they use more and more high end materials, and they have to factor in cost to employ people (benefits, salary, taxes) which considering pretty much every brand has a California facility aren’t cheap. They can offset that by having clubs made/built overseas and Mexico.

until I see every iron from these companies exceed $1000, every driver $600+, every wood approaching $400 abd hybrid at $300 the PXG influence isn’t there. These companies like any company in any industry want to make a profit and arevt going to push away consumers to a different brand by outpricing themselves out of the market.

cost of sonsunde goods has been on the rise for awhile and is part of life, golf included 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I am playing an entirely different game than most folks here. There’s no way I am spending anywhere near the coin that the major OEMs are charging. My no name clubs were bought brand new and I got a static fitting at no additional charge. Good enough for me. Maybe in the future I’ll buy a 2 or 3 year old name brand driver on closeout, but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft

titleistcost.thumb.png.87f5f8aebb87942ee771c6af82ffbd9d.png

If I ever buy one of these I guarantee it will be new, about 3 years from now when it’s on closeout and going for $199.00 or less.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:12 PM, Har in the Hat said:

titleistcost.png

Where I'm from Har they are $850 each and I know that there is another big brand releasing a driver next year that will top $1000 NZ dollars 😵😵😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Archived